• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dead or Alive 5 - DOA5 is IN STORES NOW!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Aye, thanks for that, S4kura. This thread was pretty much dead so I saw little point in trying to revive it... again.

Oh, and looking reeeal good there, Kasumi. :)

EDIT: Okay, thread super-updated.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
The game is looking pretty nice so far and it seems most changes are for the good but I must say I really hate those ever-lasting and unnecessary slowmotion effects... I hope they're going to decrease it to a more respectable degree.

I use Lei Fang and I hope she will be returning in the game, but I think she will. Oh and Tina too.

:052:

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
UPDATE:

Christie vs. Bayman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDgUCTXxOI&feature=relmfu
Lei Fang vs. Zack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPomoaznpw&feature=share

Dude these new facial designs are so welcome. I never had a main in DoA5, but I think I'mma main Lei Fang for this now.

(On a sidenote, the costumes in this game seem a lot more conservative than in previous iterations. I hope they didn't to tone it down too much.

Y'know, speakin' like a man here.)

Also, the main website has launched: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/characters.html

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, DoA is popular because of it's revolutionary boob animation engines.

This thread is seriously lacking animated boobs

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I never really cared for the boobs.

Been playing DoA3 since I was 8, lol.

Same but DoA 2 for me... that game was revolutionary and so underrated.

Anyway, HELL YEAH LEI FANG IS BACK!! My main in all of the games and one of my favorite fictional characters ever <3. And she looks amazing in this game! :D

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I dunno, I like her braids better :p. In DoA4 suddenly everyone had long, straight hair o_o. They wouldn't exclude an option to select another hairstyle though.

Anyway, I hope we're going to see more real matches with a bit more characters/stage instead of only trailers. ;_; They have been heading a whole new way with this game...

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I actually preferred Kasumi to have a ponytail on AT ALL TIMES, lol.

I'm sure Team Ninja will deliver the goods for the trailer. Not very many people play DoA, so I doubt they remember that old thing.

I just hope they make it eye-catching enough to gather new players.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Looks like E3's got something in store for us! From the Team Ninja Facebook page:

DoA5 IGN Pro League Live E3 Broadcast - What are you doing June 5th?? At around 1pm PST... 12 Characters, 5 Stages!!!
So come June 5th, two new characters will being revealed and one additional stage. There'll be a fully playable build there and they also plan to stream the event here.

GET HYPED.

PleasebeBasspleasebeBasspleasebeBass-

Also, some minor-but-relevant news, they changed the holds back to four-point from the alpha's three-point after the feedback from the demo came in. They posted it back kn their Twitter a couple days ago.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I can imagine it being Tina-Bass.

I'm hyped to the max for this game. Can't wait for E3. Good thing I already watch IGN Pro League via Starcraft, lol.

And I like the four-point system. I wasn't much of a fighter gamer when I played DoA3 and 4 back then, but I felt that having that one more option to hold made the game much more exciting.

I do agree that using it was hard as crap to pull off, though. The only thing I could almost always counter with the M.kick hold was any jumping kick.

As long as they don't put anything like the Raijin throw. That thing took days to pull off, and I just kept 360'ing the stick.

Seriously going to pick up Lei Fang.

:phone:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I also like the four point system better, it gives more depth and mix-ups. Especially since we can now see better what moves hit high or mid, which I find a good addition, the extra hold feels necessary.

And the added character is very likely going to be veteran Tina, probably with veteran Jann Lee. Or maybe Elliot.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/0...ler-reveals-sarah-bryant-from-virtua-fighter/

Kokoro, Tina, and Sarah Bryant.

And it looks like Lei Fang's black skimpy outfit is back...

*spazz*
I know, right?! Such an epic trailer. That stream from IGN is still yet to come up, though. :glare:

Gonna' get this **** up on the OP right naaaao...

EDIT:

Okay, seven minutes left as of time of posting. Have a gander:

http://www.twitch.tv/ipldoa

Also, some exhibition videos with combos from each character are found here.

EDIT: IPL is streaming now. Gogogo-

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yeah, dude. Kasumi's ponytail is back, Ayane's butterfly dress is back,
So many things Team NInja put into the game.

THEY. DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT. ME. AT. ALL.

They took out the high kick wake-up

Oh, and a limited edition confirmed for Japan: http://andriasang.com/con1c4/doa5_collectors/

Since there are bonus costumes, I'm guessing that they'll do the same over here; the costumes at least.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This game looks better than I thought. The first trailer made it look like some overcasual super fighting game with too many cinematics in an attempt to appeal to newcomers, but as far as I can see the gameplay may be the best in the whole series. I'm only a little bit disappointed with Tina, I expected to see more (command) throws with her. I guess I'll live with it though. Lei Fang looks amazing xd.

I hope the online mode will be great and for my casual spirit I'm also hoping for a nice story mode. That's likely going to be really hard though, barely any fighting game has a decent story mode. Still Doa2 had a very good one imo.

Oh and I like their outfits! They look nice and sexy (as far as gaming characters can look sexy) but the characters aren't... nude. And there aren't boobs jiggling everywhere.

They took out the high kick wake-up
For the better! Two invincible and stunning wake-ups are more than enough.

:053:

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I love like the outifts from DoA2Ultimate.

*sigh* But I guess the new visuals make up for it, lol.

Did anyone watch the IPL tournament stream @ E3? It'll be on tomorrow, too. They still had an incomplete game build (obv.), but barely anyone used Lei Fang and no one used Kokoro. I was kind of disappointed.

As always, Bayman kicks some serious butt in DoA, but he has become a downright beast from what I saw.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I love like the outifts from DoA2Ultimate.

*sigh* But I guess the new visuals make up for it, lol.

Did anyone watch the IPL tournament stream @ E3? It'll be on tomorrow, too. They still had an incomplete game build (obv.), but barely anyone used Lei Fang and no one used Kokoro. I was kind of disappointed.

As always, Bayman kicks some serious butt in DoA, but he has become a downright beast from what I saw.
I watched them all so far. Literally only one person inside the tournament used Bayman at all, which makes me very sad. He's my secondary, you see. :(

However, Rikuto believes he's the best character of the E3 build, from what I hear. He has so many trip stuns which let him easily get critical bursts and guaranteed launches. :awesome:

Oh, and happy news, Bass, slightly toned down and ready to ground lift yo' *** off the floor.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
So I just preordered th CE a couple of days ago. Hyped.

How do you guys feel about Rig? I think he could use an appearance change, but it's not a big deal. He just looks like Bayman's son or something.

:phone:

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
It sickens me that I finally decide to drop in and update this and you beat me to it again. >.< Oh well. :)

I think Rig just looks really, really generic, and too similar to Bayman. His voice is alright, though I will have to get over the fact that he sounds like one of the Space Pirates from Lost Planet 2. I'm sure his VA was in a lot of other places as well.

Bass, however... <3

Anyway, will update the OP with details about Rig/Bass, Collector's Edition and bunny swimsuits. Oh yes.

EDIT: All done! I prettied it up a little as well. Changed a couple pictures, added new ones, centred them...

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
It sickens you!? I feel so bad now. Sorry about that, lol.

OP looks nice and pretty now. :)

And I agree with Rig. IMO, he looks like a very uninteresting character. Sorta like Cole from Infamous. The fact that he uses TKD saves him, though.

Another thing that makes me meh about Rig is that he isn't Korean, lol. That's just one of the more fighting game ethnicities that we don't have in this game (plus, Hwarang in Tekken and Juri in SF are also TKD).

Again, nothing too big. I was thinking of making him one of my mains for replacing Ein, lol.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Yay Tina is still going to be in! =) I still plan on maining Ayane/Kasumi on DoA 5 though. I'm hyped!!

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Some new footage of the game, you guys:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/3...tage-shows-off-a-bunch-of-different-fighters/

Lookin' great xD

Also, from the Team Ninja Facebook page:

"Who likes numbers... these one's are really good 2, 18, 19 and 12. But the best is 5! But what do they mean? ;)"
__

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde.../doa-news/dead-or-alive-hair-accessories-r290

Accessories for DoA confirmed, as well as hairstyles. Long-haired Lei Fang confirmed too <3

__

Helena, Brad Wong, Eliot, Gen Fu confirmed: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...oa-news/doa5-opening-declaration-trailer-r297

__

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...a-news/doa5-collectors-edition-swimsuits-r292

Collectors Edition Swimsuits.

__

Mila and Pai confirmed:

Mila: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1jby7JtiAoY

Pai is listed on the copyright at the bottom at the end of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C7EOHFZ5BmQ

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
To be honest, I haven't played much, lol. I was so busy with work on launch day that I only got to go to training mode for ~15 mins. Unfortunately, I'll be working today as well...

I've heard though, that the netcode for online is pretty bad atm. If that's important for some of you here, I would look into it.

Top Bottom