• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Coney

Smash Master
well winners finals isn't played out, so X is the only challenge i'll have

i'm 100% confident i'll make it to bracket, i doubt i'll make any waves once i'm there though

i was playing the other day and just...doing really really ****ty stuff, lmfao :teeth:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
im looking at my pool and like, i feel like they didnt even seed mine well. Like wtf was the point of waba seeding points -_-

zeke u play falco i believe(pelca)
Yeh I got Pelca and ADHD and bjay(mk from eu)

I got this. I just gotta beat Pelca. I just want a chance at ADHD.

:phone:

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Any one got updates on how our ddd brethren are doing? I saw atomsk got 5 in doubles with mr r. But I'm figuring he probably didn't go all ddd. I'm looking forward to watching his sets assuming they got recorded.

Edit: fyi I'm talking about apex.

double edit: just heard on the marth boards that zekey didn't make it out of pools. I'm sad, but I hope we get done serious ddd rep out of pools.
:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Still a bit salty had to play nairo and quiksilver in pools at 10 am.

Currently doing hw atm, hopefully I can finish this **** b4 grand finals but the ****ing internet connection at the heldrich sucks balls. -_-

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So APEX aside (literally, we made a smashfest (after months without playing) to watch the stream), today I realized how much I suck.

The more games I played the worse I performed. Seriously.
From 8 people, we made a Round Robin minitournament.
First I 2-0'd the guy PR'd #1 locally, and three sets later I lost to a MK who didn't win to anybody else, and then got demoralized after getting CG'ed at 0% by a Falco EVERY STOCK for doing dumb stuff.
I think someone will upload the matches w/e

Just letting you know APEX is over and we all still need to step up our game. We need to show why DDD is invincible.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
DewDaDash next time i promise we are getting dinner at some point :p

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I played a set with Mike actually and asked about you and he pointed you out to me. There were like 60 ppl or so tho in front of me so it was a bit difficult to say hi from across the room.

You might have saw me though, I was the guy with a neon/black chicago bulls hat

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I like free damage. We all should if we play this character, lolz! So I've been hunkering down in training mode to learn that dthrow > JC usmash that T_C and BigD have been talking about, because I don't want to lose to John12346's Lucario anymore, and lo and behold, I finally learned it! ^_^ But my method is very different from T_C's and BigD's it seems.

From what I understand, BigD and T_C use a jump button to perform the jump and then they cancel the jump with a C-stick usmash. I believe BigD uses his pointer finger to press X or Y and his thumb to flick the C-stick while T_C simply relegates one of his unused trigger buttons to jump and uses that for the technique. However, I simply could not get my fingers to move fast enough to do BigD's method and I don't want to change one of my trigger buttons, so I started trying other things things out at 1/4th speed. It turns out that if one flicks the control stick forward to perform the dash but then performs a sort of 'quarter-circle' from forward to up and presses A very shortly after the stick has begun to point up (sometime during the QCF but not at the end, I think), then a jump and then a JC usmash are just automatically put in.

So far I have 100% consistency at 1/4th speed and at least some consistency at full speed. Gonna keep at this until I get better at it, but I'm SO relieved that I don't have to actually press a jump button for this. (-_-)

I ONLY use the X button for SHs and the control stick for everything else, including FH's, so I really didn't want to have to learn how to use the X button for other things, hence my search for another method. Just thought I'd share it with all of you. :)

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
to jc usmash i use the X to jump and A to smash, while doing your quarter circle thing to actually perform a jc usmash. It works.
But i can't achieve the dthrow> jc usmash :/ any tip ?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You might have to re-solidify your dthrow timings. That part of the sequence caused me a surprising bit of trouble during the training. That was actually the main reason why I went to 1/4th speed. I wasn't being consistent in my dash timing after dthrow.

Funnily enough, during this same exact training session, I finally learned how to SCSG, and it was all because I became re-acquainted with my dthrow > dash timings. :)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Alright, first I wanna say that I tried out all three methods for performing the dthrow > JC usmash: T_C's unused trigger jump method, BigD's X/Y claw method, and my own newly discovered 'quarter-circle' method. All three work, but I'm sad to say that my own is probably the most difficult way to do it. It's insanely hard to do it correctly without screwing up and inputting something else. Sorry guys! :(

How can you tell when you get the JC Usmash right and you aren't just dashing and doing an usmash instead?
Go into training mode with Sonic or Lucario. Give control of the CPU to the P2 controller. If you have a sibling, like I do, then this next part is easy, but when my bro wasn't there, I just used my toes. :awesome: Have P2 press and hold the shield button after you grab him and then perform the sequence. If you mess up, P2 will shield the attack because shields come out on frame 1. If you're only a few frames off, he'll PS your attack.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Just do a spotdodge and input it during the last frames of spotdodge, if you did it right you will slide and upsmash and if not then you won't.

Top Bottom