• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Weird. Wouldn't think Gheb catching the kill with suspicion on him like that. Guess they feared his power. The narrows down our lynchpool more so. Not entirely sure I buy MB's claim, especially with them getting to "choose". Never seen a vengeful mechanic like that. Smells like a false claim to give us reasonable doubt on lynching them. I still say w make joker hammer them to be safe. Then hardbody as necessary from there.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Looking back at WATT's suspects too, I think MB should be the one to catch the hardbody toDay.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Yeah Ruy we appreciated the present and all but we were kinda still getting roleblocked yesterDay

If you haven't used it yet toDay we can confirm our ability is legit by tracking you as you use it if you want?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Chaco you're being silly. Their claim is the norm for vengeful townie, you're thinking of town bomb and your paranoia trying to get joker to hammer is silly. Joker mayyyy be a ninja and immune to tracking but we were tracking him at the time of the kill so unless he is it wasn't him. Also if murder is scum I doubt they're a scum bomb.

In all honesty if Joker and Murder are both town I need to reassess some things.

Nobody use their abilities yet if you haven't already. We'd love to confirm a few things. Looking at you, Scary.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah Ruy we appreciated the present and all but we were kinda still getting roleblocked yesterDay

If you haven't used it yet toDay we can confirm our ability is legit by tracking you as you use it if you want?
I haven't used it yet, Trying to remember who I can use it on since I can't use it more than once on a person.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
that is quite literally all i got

right now i'm hella confused because scum should have killed the tracker, but they didn't, which means one of three things:

joker, or the remaining scum, is a ninja, or has some way of tampering with the information we have

kwk is scum

or someone noobed it up

cause there is no reason to leave the tracker alive, especially when rake claimed that he succeeded in attaining KWK's power. this is not a gambit scum would make unless they knew for a fact that KWK was tracker, or that KWK was their partner. however, the likelihood of the latter being true is low.

i've been looking at the big picture of this game for a long time. ranmaru wasn't a bad choice, orbo/dietz was questionable, jexs was also questionable, and gheb was ALSO questionable given that his slot was under suspicion (but to be honest with you there was absolutely no reason for him to **** over scum as their mate like that...like that would be totally overkill).

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
So why beat?

Also I would boil down that big post analyzing the kill as another reason scum would shoot who they did: WIFOM. I wouldn't draw any solid conclusions from it personally.

The fact of the matter is our suspects got flipped on their heads. Scary and Murder and Joker, who I wanted to call the most likely, suddenly seem less likely. Murder's claim makes sense and they really seemed willing to thin the numbers and take their lynch. Joker did not perform the kill unless he's a ninja. Scary I just can't see as scum with his actions both role wise and in thread. Chaco has confirmed himself as town, and Ruy has been pretty much open and pro-town all game. Bardull has always said stuff we agree with but almost makes more sense by PoE than anyone else. I will definitely have to reread.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i feel like beat, joker, and scary are still good fits for the big picture. the reason being is that joker's ability use on rake is similar to that of the silencer using their ability on rake; it shares a similar scum M.O. in the sense that scum was trying to make rake to look less suspicious. also considering joker's play this game, he's a really good fit.

beat because of his positioning, but it still doesn't really make much sense unless he noobed it up which i can see as being plausible. something about his latest post bugs me because it feels super out of place. also i didn't like the way he was twisting ruy's words to make ruy seem like scum earlier on in the game.

scary because no offense to scary i can see him plausibly making that mistake as well.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
outside of myself, and as long as no silly BS is going on with chaco's role, i'm pretty sure ruy/chaco/kwk is a totally fine lylo and everyone else can die

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i have faith that the game will be over long before then, but regardless, there's no reason good reason to lynch chaco or ruy at this point in time anyway. unless you're actually thinking otherwise, but i can guarantee you that you're not living to see lylo with that ability of yours

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm not sure why you're trying to subtly change the subject but the fact of the matter is that in a 3-man lylo with Chaco and Ruy, town will lose. And unless I'm completely wrong, there's only one mafia member left which means 3-man lylo is the only possible lylo at this point. In other words, we need to win before lylo if I'm dead (because I agree that we're not lynching either one of Chaco and Ruy).

What I'm saying here is that two of your stances, namely
A. I need to die before lylo, and
B. Ruy and Chaco being alive in lylo is fine

are not compatible. If we were to actually go about it that way then even if you were to lynch me the Day before lylo one of them would still be punched (ruy specifically, because I'd obviously guard Chaco in that situation).

but i can guarantee you that you're not living to see lylo with that ability of yours
Good to know, but it has nothing to do with the fact that your proposed lylo is an insta-loss for town.

Beat!

Smash Master
... it's an instant loss because they'd both get lynched with only one vote. It doesn't actually matter if one of them or a hypothetical third person is scum in that situation, because at least one of them is town, which means there'd be at least one punched townie. In other words, scum could just immediately mislynch and win, without help.

The only way the above doesn't happen is if town has somehow already figured out who the last scum is and manage to quicklynch him before he can mislynch.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
the loss isn't instant. you're trying to say that it is, but long story short it's more of a race if anything. anyway, unless you actually think one of those three players is scum, your point is moot and you're just spreading FUD.

Beat!

Smash Master
the loss isn't instant. you're trying to say that it is, but long story short it's more of a race if anything
It'd be a "race" between a scumbag who'd know exactly whom to lynch the moment the Day starts...

... and two townies who may or may not know whichever one of the other two players is scum.

anyway, unless you actually think one of those three players is scum, your point is moot and you're just spreading FUD.
My "point" is that with two punched slots alive, one being confirmed town and the other most likely being town, winning before lylo is a necessity, not a mere preference.

You're the one who brought up those three being "a fine lylo" so unless you were just being very sloppy with your wording you're in no position to accuse me of spreading FUD.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i actually am in the right to suspect you of spreading FUD if you're going to try and backpedal on the semantics of word play...like you pointing out whether or not the lylo was fine was inherently pointless.

why don't you actually make a stance on these players and subsequently answer all my questions for a change?

and yeah, it actually is a fine lylo because i don't think any of those players are scum. so your qualms with my wording are going to have to remain that way.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
his point is that if those are the players, and it's actually lylo and the game isn't over, then by definition, one of those players isn't town, and that's a problem. I think the problem you're having is that you don't understand what lylo means, but Beat does. You're not actually talking about lylo tho, you're talking about a town block.

Frankly, Bardull, you come off as really defensive for no reason. Is there a reason you're slinging mud at Beat instead of making the slightest effort to understand what he's saying? You're making zero attempt to actually read him, and making every attempt possible to just scumread him.

If the game doesn't end with murder's death, Bardull needs to go before Beat.

Beat!

Smash Master
i actually am in the right to suspect you of spreading FUD if you're going to try and backpedal on the semantics of word play...like you pointing out whether or not the lylo was fine was inherently pointless
I'm not backpedaling on anything. I'm asking you if you actually think those three are a good lylo, or if you were just trying to say that they're probably town and that we shouldn't be lynching them,

why don't you actually make a stance on these players and subsequently answer all my questions for a change?
What questions?

Chaco is town and I've already said that.

KWK is town and I've already said that.

Ruy is probably town and I've already said that.

and yeah, it actually is a fine lylo because i don't think any of those players are scum. so your qualms with my wording are going to have to remain that way.
But my entire qualm with your wording is based on the fact that if you don't think any of those three are scum then it's not possible for all three of them to be in lylo.

To clarify, I agree with you that keeping those three alive and lynching from the rest of the pool is a good idea. What I'm also trying to say is that if we eventually approach lylo we can't just keep going. We'd need to actually start thinking very carefully about how to go from there.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
fine. the thing is, i don't actually think the game will continue by that point because all those players are town based on connections and what has happened, probably.

if you actually want a scenario for a healthy lylo (this is kinda pointless honestly), i'd say me/mb/kwk would be a good lylo, but again, there's kinda no point in suggesting this route

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco you're being silly. Their claim is the norm for vengeful townie, you're thinking of town bomb and your paranoia trying to get joker to hammer is silly. Joker mayyyy be a ninja and immune to tracking but we were tracking him at the time of the kill so unless he is it wasn't him. Also if murder is scum I doubt they're a scum bomb.

In all honesty if Joker and Murder are both town I need to reassess some things.

Nobody use their abilities yet if you haven't already. We'd love to confirm a few things. Looking at you, Scary.
Ah, okay, okay. I was thinking bomb like mechanic. I haven't seen a vengeful used really and was thinking it was the last person on them that they were forced to kill.

Doubtedly so, but I don't count out they're claim at this point. It's a good role to false claim. Not trying to spread impending doubt on it, but claims without action trails and more so passive abilities are the best fake claims. And just because you were on them doesn't mean that they didn't perform the kill like you said. Anyways, speculation aside, I'm more so down to kill Beat all the same. I haven't liked his slot at all this game as I had previously stated and the over defensiveness riddled in his posts has red flagged me for a good while. So I'll take your word on this, and go to Beat!.

Unvote: If any; Vote: Beat!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hold up I didn't see the latest page. That vote on Beat may come off here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ryu is clear as town to me imho.

BarDull I don't really see as scum. But if we go with the presumption that scum has a bunch of 1-shot abilities, cast out could very well be one of them. It's WIFOMy as can be, but nothing I'd count out at this point. But anyways, gut feeling of BarDull is he's town.

Town confirmed imo:

Ryu
KWK

Those are my only iron clad certainties at this point, with really no feasible doubt at all. I don't see Ryu being scum at all with the nature of his ability. I'm gonna look back at my old QT logs with Rake though and see who he was pushing and passively defending. Gorf he had mentioned to the point that when looking back it made sense to me that he was scum. And I'm gonna see if I can drum any other connections up from it. Something I did note was his weird defense of beat. I was asking his opinion on Beats passive aggressive nature this game, and he kind've wanted to excuse all Beat's actions as dumb townie. Rake getting stuck together with me very well might of hurt a lot more than it did good for scum. Cause he mentioned everyone and clearly gave me reads after asking him a bunch. I'll see what I can figure out from it all.

Unvote: Beat!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm gonna be quite frank I'm confused at the moment. But I'm hoping that my QT logs will hold some invaluable information for us.

Top Bottom