• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
I vote for The Sentry first since it has a cool moveset, for Black Widow since after Clint absence the only member that can be here between the OG avengers from the movies is she and finally Shang-Chi since it would be cool have a Bruce-Lee clone who can shoot rings like chakrams.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We'll go with my Anti-Monitor moveset by default, though I'll leave the Poison Ivy moveset open for another day in case anyone wants to submit something. PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Poison Ivy costumes will be used; I had some ideas, but 1SecondNinja's list used all of them, so I didn't have anything else to submit.

This was a really close vote; it was close enough to a three-way tie that a single vote could have changed the outcome completely. (four other characters were close enough that one vote could have potentially gotten them tied for first)

The Punisher: 5
Blade: 6
Shang-Chi: 6
Black Widow: 6
Ant-Man: 6
Namor: 8
Moon Knight: 8
The Sentry: 9

Sentry 5.png

This means that our winner is Robert Reynolds, a.k.a. the Sentry! Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare - that moveset definitely seemed to pay off!

Job 186: nominate a Marvel boss for the boss challenge mode

It worked out well that we had a Marvel boss, a DC boss, and a guest boss for the boss challenge mode, so I figure we could try that again this season. (plus, it works as a way to spread the character jobs out rather than doing them one after another) Seeing as we just did a DC boss not too long ago, we'll start with a Marvel boss nomination period.

Also, there will usually be a reward tied to beating the boss for the first time, whether it's a costume, a stage, or something else. It helps to include that.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
This was a really close vote; it was close enough to a three-way tie that a single vote could have changed the outcome completely. (four other characters were close enough that one vote could have potentially gotten them tied for first)

View attachment 361797

This means that our winner is Robert Reynolds, a.k.a. the Sentry! Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare - that moveset definitely seemed to pay off!
HOLY SH*T NO WAY

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 186:Onslaught

Onslaught is a X-Men villain,he is a psionic entity created by consciousness of Charles Xavier and Magneto. Onslaught's appearances was in video games, you probably know him in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1,his attacks would be the same from Marvel Vs. Capcom 1

Rewards: X-men villains Trading Cards and Onslaught himself

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We'll go with my Anti-Monitor moveset by default, though I'll leave the Poison Ivy moveset open for another day in case anyone wants to submit something. PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Poison Ivy costumes will be used; I had some ideas, but 1SecondNinja's list used all of them, so I didn't have anything else to submit.

View attachment 361797

Job 186: nominate a Marvel boss for the boss challenge mode

It worked out well that we had a Marvel boss, a DC boss, and a guest boss for the boss challenge mode, so I figure we could try that again this season. (plus, it works as a way to spread the character jobs out rather than doing them one after another) Seeing as we just did a DC boss not too long ago, we'll start with a Marvel boss nomination period.

Also, there will usually be a reward tied to beating the boss for the first time, whether it's a costume, a stage, or something else. It helps to include that.
Congratulaciones to The Sentry and PinkFlare PinkFlare !, its good to see him finally being part of the roster. And for the rest thought, I dont think that there is needing to worry since most of these characters could have another opportunity in future jobs (in fact, I'm already thinking in the promts I will subkit in the future and my objective os try to give those characters a chance).

I will submit a boss later too.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Congratulaciones to The Sentry and PinkFlare PinkFlare !, its good to see him finally being part of the roster. And for the rest thought, I dont think that there is needing to worry since most of these characters could have another opportunity in future jobs (in fact, I'm already thinking in the promts I will subkit in the future and my objective os try to give those characters a chance).

I will submit a boss later too.
Thank you! And also, thanks for voting for him, he definitely would not have won without that! That thanks goes to NanayaGaming NanayaGaming and 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower as well!
This was definitely one of the weirder character choices but I think it pays off in the end - we certainly won't ever see another transformation character in the roster, and I think Marvel needed to have a curveball character thrown in there somewhere; I'm really glad he made it in, especially with all that thought I put into the moveset

On another note, I definitely think the other Knights characters should get a chance- and on that front; Would Namor qualify for the Avengers Villain round? Since we classified him as a villain in the past, and he has fought some of the Avengers atleast a few times, I am wondering if he would count.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While I still don't have the time to do bosses' movesets (even if I like to do them, it justs that I have more job than the usuaL), I submit for a boss, Kang the Conqueror, the rewards would be the trading card of Kang and the stage Chronopolis (that it would be the place where you fight him).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On another note, I definitely think the other Knights characters should get a chance- and on that front; Would Namor qualify for the Avengers Villain round? Since we classified him as a villain in the past, and he has fought some of the Avengers atleast a few times, I am wondering if he would count.
Sure - I'm willing to have some leeway when it comes to the Avengers villain round, and his team-ups with the Hulk resulted in the earliest trial by fire for the Avengers and led to Captain America being discovered.

---

Knull

Looking like he stepped off of a heavy metal album cover, Knull is the god of the symbiotes. Creator of the god-killing Necro-Sword wielded by Gorr the God Butcher, and capable of dominating other entities of darkness like the Void, Knull is a primordial being and definitely one to be feared.

I haven't read the King in Black storyline yet, so I'm not sure of what all he can do, but he seemed like an interesting concept for a boss, with ties to a bunch of characters who are already in the roster. (including the Sentry, fittingly enough)

Beating him unlocks the God of Light costume for Venom:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 186: Marvel Boss

This nomination will be a little unconventional; I ran through a couple of nominee options myself. I was going to go for Kang, but he is a character that will definitely be nominated in an upcoming round, and I don't want to start making redundancies in our nominations*; I also considered Dormammu, as we currently have a stage for the Dark Dimension, but no Dormammu (What's up with that?) But then I had this idea:

*I procrastinated on typing this up for so long that this character was nominated

THE SILVER SURFER AND GALACTUS

If you all remember, Galactus was a boss back in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, with two phases to the fight: Firstly, he'd summon an evil replica of an already existing fighter, and then he himself would show up as the final fight. Here's a vid from Marvel:

So, what I'm proposing is 2 phase Galactus boss fight, but instead of him summoning a copy of an existing fighter, he'd summon his most powerful herald to ever grace the stars:

PHASE ONE: THE SILVER SURFER
The Silver Surfer has arrived! The Surfer's grand cosmic awareness has alerted him of a multiversal outbreak in the universe; and with new universe, comes new planets, new Earths. Galactus has taken advantage of his grip on the Surfer and sent him ahead to scout the anomaly and prepare for his arrival, for the new Earths shall be consumed.

Fighting Style
The Silver Surfer is fast moving and hits hard using the Power Cosmic - Rushing into the fight will only result in the player's defeat. The player must be on their toes and play defensively if they want to get through the Surfer; However, the Surfer will occasionally leave himself open for the player to rush him down - and this is for a particular reason, as the Surfer is trying to break free of Galactus' control over him and his powers!*
The Silver Surfer, being half of a boss fight, retains half the health of a normal boss and does not have a Level 3 super; In place of a Level 3 super, is a cutscene in which the Surfer, having been defeated by the heroes and villains of Earth, finally recuperates, just as Galactus arrives to feast on new worlds; Surfer uses his Power Cosmic to attack Galactus, leaving an opening for the player to make a move and save the Earth - or whatever planet this takes place in.

*As far as I'm aware, there isn't any kind of mental link between Galactus and the Surfer. This is just a tidbit I made up for the purpose of an interesting boss fight.

PHASE TWO: GALACTUS
Galactus quickly dispatches the Silver Surfer, but the latter's onslaught against him has drastically decreased Galactus' power, meaning the heroes now have a chance to stand against his might.

Fighting Style
Galactus would be similarly sized to MvC3's interpretation, so as to make the fight feasible.
Being larger than the stage itself, his attacks will be long reaching and hard to dodge, and utilize not just his power but the pure physical strength of Galactus himself. The player's best bet is to go all-offensive against him - This is the fight of their lives and there's no holding back. Any opening should be taken advantage of, and awareness of incoming attacks must be kept at an all-time high, otherwise Galactus will get rapidly close to ending you right then and there.
Galactus has a little more than half a boss' health, so as to keep in line with being the second phase of a boss fight.

Possible Rewards: TBD

Other boss ideas: Surtur, Shuma-Gorath/Gargantos, Dormammu, The Mandarin

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are the nominees for the boss round:

Marvel bosses nominations.png

-Onslaught ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Kang the Conqueror ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Knull ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Silver Surfer and Galactus ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )

Vote for your top two, and first place will be included. You can't put your own in first.

1. Silver Surfer and Galactus
2. Knull

Job 187: nominate costumes for the Sentry

Since his moveset's already done, we'll move on to the costumes! As usual, we'll nominate a default plus up to seven alternates.

Job 188: nominate arcade mode rivals for Poison Ivy and the Sentry

I feel like most of us know who Sentry's rival is going to be (seeing as he's explicitly based on a DC character), but we'll have a nomination period regardless.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Knull - A character I forgot about but makes perfect sense for a boss fight
2. Galactus

I was honestly hoping for more boss nominations. Did the rest of the thread members go missing?

The Void will not have costumes; I don't really think it's necessary for him to have any, especially since Sentry is the "main" guy.
1. Default
2. Dark Sentry

This is technically what the Level 3 Super is supposed to be, but I'm giving myself a little leeway for costumes.
3. "Classic"
4. Horseman of Death
5. Silver Sentry
6. Ghost
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.28.30 AM.png
7. What If...?
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.54.06 AM.png
8. Millenial Vision
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.53.52 AM.png
There aren't as many options for Sentry costumes, so I'm fairly sure this is... well, all of them.
I'm still genuinely shocked Sentry actually made it to the roster. Wow.

Job 188: Rivals
Sentry vs. Superman: I mean, are you surprised?
Poison Ivy vs. Storm: Green vs. Weather; essentially a clash of the Earth's most powerful natural forces

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There aren't as many options for Sentry costumes, so I'm fairly sure this is... well, all of them.
I'm still genuinely shocked Sentry actually made it to the roster. Wow.
I did find a few others on the Marvel wiki; they're alternate universe versions, but some stand out (or at least look different enough from the original) if you want to use those.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I did find a few others on the Marvel wiki; they're alternate universe versions, but some stand out (or at least look different enough from the original) if you want to use those.

Didn't know about these- thanks!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The Sentry Costumes:
Age of Sentry
Horsemen of Death
1665105445079.png
Silver Sentry
Millenial Vision
What if?
1665105281834.png
Warzone
1665105567872.png
Ghost
Yeah there is only one difference but I just didn't wanted to conflict with the super move even if Dark Sentry is kinda cool.

Attachments

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
tumbleweed blows by
Haha yeah, there are days like that. I probably could have jumped to the Flash villain job, but I didn't want to rush through the DLC roster too quickly. (though I'll do the Flash villain job tomorrow)

For Poison Ivy's rival, I'm going to nominate Rocket and Groot; I could see there being a cutscene where Ivy tries to get Groot to join her in order to spread the influence of plant life across the world/galaxy.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Kang: 1
Onslaught: 3
Galactus (and Silver Surfer): 9
Knull: 11

As a result, the next Marvel boss will be Knull!

The Sentry's rival will be Superman, to the surprise of presumably nobody! Here are the polls for Ivy's rival and the Sentry's costumes:

Job 189: nominate a Flash villain for DLC

This can be a villain faced by any of the Flashes, whether it's Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen, etc. (though as Reverse Flash is a premiere costume, he's not eligible since he's already playable)

I'm going to save my nomination for later.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Resubmitting King Shark
DC Villain: King Shark
View attachment 360339

King Shark, also known as Nanaue, was born in Hawaii as the son of the shark god. He was responsible for a number of missing persons over the years before being stopped by Superboy. Since then, he's become a recurring adversary for the Boy of Steel, as well as Aquaman and The Flash.

He's also been a recurring member of the Suicide Squad, even being featured in the recent 2021 Suicide Squad movie (the good one) as something of a team mascot, which gave him plenty of exposure. We don't have many Suicide Squad members on the roster, so if we were to add one I'd say King Shark is one the best choices. Also he's never been in a fighting game before.

In addition to that, we should definitely give him an interaction with his ex should he make it in

D

Deleted member

736923-mirrormaster02.jpg

Mirror Master

A recurring Flash villian. Going for the Evan McCulloch verison. A criminal with the ability to create and control mirrors. This allows him to create illusions and even travel between dimensions. I think he could have a really fun moveset.

Flash Villain submission:
Gorilla Grodd (Resubmission)
View attachment 360319
Gorilla Grodd is a villain from Flash comic series and he is a Gorilla that has psionic abilities like mind manipulation for example. He was used to live in Africa, but he was kidnapped by scientists and turned into intelligent ape that can build random inventions.
He is Flash's archnemesis according to Flash comics.

He is one of non-batman villains that could make sense in this fighting game. Also he could be another non-human character in game.

His moveset would reference his gadgets and his abilities. He could use his Freeze Ray to Freeze Freeze opponent or create an illusion to trick the opponent.
Heck, he could use his natural abilities like his strength as normal attack for example.

I think Gorrila Grodd would be interesting choice in this game, since we could have another non-human character in game. Plus he could have unique moveset potential as a fighter.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
As someone who watched the entirety of The Flash on Netflix... Let's go

Job 189: The Black Flash

A speedster grim reaper, in the most simplest terms. In the CWverse, it turns out to be Hunter Zolomon(aka Zoom), serving his sentence by preventing people from rewriting the timeline.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nobody's nominated him yet, which is surprising, so I will.

Leonard Snart
(a.k.a. Captain Cold)

One of Barry Allen's main enemies, along with Reverse Flash and Gorilla Grodd. Unlike those two, his rivalry with the Flash is a professional one; he's a thief who sticks to a moral code (no killing women or children, since that unnecessarily escalates the situation). Armed with a "cold gun" (which is only technically different from a freeze ray in that it slows down molecules), Captain Cold is the leader of the Rogues, a loosely organized group of Flash villains, and he runs a tight ship.

Over the years, he's used his experience with fighting the Flash to help defend the Earth against the Crime Syndicate, and even served as a member of the Justice League for a time. He may use ice as a weapon, but he's not completely cold-hearted.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I just sadly lack the time rn to extend myself more in my nominations, but I want to submit Godspeed, I think we can do a different moveset to Flash not only being more brutal but he also makes more use of electricity to attack in comparison to Flash.

Nobody's nominated him yet, which is surprising, so I will.

Leonard Snart
(a.k.a. Captain Cold)

One of Barry Allen's main enemies, along with Reverse Flash and Gorilla Grodd. Unlike those two, his rivalry with the Flash is a professional one; he's a thief who sticks to a moral code (no killing women or children, since that unnecessarily escalates the situation). Armed with a "cold gun" (which is only technically different from a freeze ray in that it slows down molecules), Captain Cold is the leader of the Rogues, a loosely organized group of Flash villains, and he runs a tight ship.

Over the years, he's used his experience with fighting the Flash to help defend the Earth against the Crime Syndicate, and even served as a member of the Justice League for a time. He may use ice as a weapon, but he's not completely cold-hearted.
Thanks god someone else submitted him at time so I don't need to change mine

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As a result of the polls, Storm will be Poison Ivy's rival, and we'll be going with Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes for the Sentry! (I broke the tie; I figure having Dark Sentry not being a costume would make the super move more impactful, rather than having Dark Sentry and Void fuse to make Dark Sentry)

Here are the nominees for the Flash villain round:

Flash villains nominees.png

-King Shark ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Mirror Master (@Darkonedagger)
-Gorilla Grodd ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Captain Boomerang ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Black Flash ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-Captain Cold ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Godspeed ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Cicada ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Gorilla Grodd
2. Captain Cold
3. Captain Boomerang

---

Job 190: nominate a DC stage for DLC

Aside from DC stages that are already in the game, anything goes. (so they don't necessarily have to be tied to Poison Ivy or a Flash villain)

Top Bottom