• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR presents "Silence" - A C. Falcon video by Silent Spectre

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
man you guys haven't seen anything. this vid is just his STANDARD combos. like... these are his set combos that he does... to everyone LOL. you should see his up B combos and his ledge cancels =]

anyways theres a NCB tomorrow and i'm going to record lots of goodness so stay tuned for that!

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, this is all old stuff from like a year ago.

I've seen Jeff do a knee, to a moonwalk double back air on Forward's Falco. Not too bad.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i knew there was a good reason i thought SS was a beast. nasty vid. i'd like to see him more on platform stages. i like how smooth he was moving on YS.

DRGN

Technowizard
good ****. i'm gonna not do physics hw and watch it again!
yes! silentspectre's falcon defies physics!
Hahaha, win.

not quite, but he did get like 4 tapion combos in pools xD.
If the pools matches were recorded at OC3, we'd have another ten minutes of footage for this combo video. Including a combo from 0-70, and then tech chased into a down air to falcon punch right afterwards. True story.
Wow. That's seriously redic; I was in his pool (he's the only one I didn't go 2-0 against, heh, who'ld've guessed? lol), but unfortunately I didn't see a number of his matches. I'm glad I wasn't one of those souls and've been lucky enough to not be Falcon Punched by him yet, lol.

"I guess." - silentspectre

yes, when he said it, the words just sounded like green
How is it I can concieve this?? Lol, it shouldn't make sense BUT IT DOES! lol.

But yeah, this video is exactly 5 minutes long not counting the intro and credits. We captured all of the footage from one tape and some combos from a finals set from a bi-weekly. This footage was also from roughly 8 months ago, and has been sitting on my computer forever. SS has done a lot more seemingly impossible things with Falcon since then but we haven't had a chance to capture it.
Wow, that's pretty impressive that this kind of content came out of such a small sample size. But while very impressive, I'm not sure I'd say surprising, since practically anything involving SS is a mini combo vid. :chuckle:

German, Boback: Great job on the package as a whole. I like the visual effects; it's appealing and succinct. And the video flows really well; clustering like combonations and such, not just the appearent Drop Zone group, but also all the various sections involving unsweetspotted knees or combos w/Fsmash endings, Knee to Knees, Uair|Nair juggles, ect... (btw who came up with Drop Zone, is that something original to SS?)

Hella Nick: Great job on the audio; I like. (see, I swear; 'Hella Creative'. it's a new handle, lol)

SS: Well besides the obvious I'd just like to say congrats on having your combo vid finally out!

Everybody's saying a lot of it is standard stuff for you, and from what I've watched & playing you, it's rather easy to believe (and I don't doubt for half a second you have even more amazing tricks up your sleeve). Regardless of the material's age, it's a great video nonetheless! There are some truely awesome combos in there, and it's amazing that so much of this is your standard stuff.

- - - -
Norcal ftw.

Hzyge323

Smash Rookie
edit: that video was boss. so was the song. i went ******** and asked for an mp3 link because apparently i can't read well.

good **** to jeff, good **** to hella, good **** to dbr.
cheers.

Not a good representation of him.
First half of the clips at least. :p

LOL. I watched the first haf of his old crappy vid then stopped watching. and thought it was the same.

this ones ****in tight.

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering if DBR will make brawl vids...they are the heart and soul of smash combo =/...

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Not much to say, everyone's pretty much said it already. Probably the last great Melee vid to be released before Brawl? One of the best, by far. Just wish you guys could've gotten more recent footage, blah blah. Still amazing, nonetheless. Every clip was great. Even the longer one towards the end owning Zel was great cause it just showed how solid of a playstyle he's got. Love the platform work, moonwalking, double knees, etc. Awesome watch all around. Even though I'm a G-reg fanboy, I can't deny that this vid def makes me consider SS the 2nd best Falcon. Anyways, neither here nor there. Thanks DBR for continuing to entertain us over the years. Hope to see you guys pushing more **** out come Brawl. Take care all...

The Phenom

Smash Lord
That was total amazement through all these years of what DBR did and they now will leave at there own wills , but they could have another go on Brawl . Will it be successful ?

If any member from DBR reads this , thank you for inspiring me on becoming a Skilled and Combo artist .

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
So in a lot of combo videos I have time to be looking at the score seeing how the the star compares to his competition. That was not the case in this video as each of the combos was so good they constantly had my full attention. Much respect for putting together a video of 100% quality clips.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i like the part where he does dthrow knee for about a straight minute or so lol SS is ****
I saw G-reg posted in here and had to come check.

Did SS put G-reg in his Captain Falcon video? That would be ****!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
okay, it is to the next page. I can say it was a joke now. Good vid.

Top Bottom