• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash attack or dash grab?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Well you don't do the same thing every time, because that'd be pretty predictable.
That said, I spam grabs like it's the last day of grabbing sales in grabland.
And dash attack is pretty bad anyway.
You could just run straight past them, I do that sometimes. They shield nothing. MINDGAMEZED.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dash attack attack is actually pretty good if you know how to use it, and its basically unpunishable.

btw, ROFL @ the rest of post

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Meh, I don't dash attack a lot. It's alright for an extra 6% or whatever it is, but not much else, not from experience anyway.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Grabs give a better reward, but missing a dash grab means you *will* get punished.
Dash attack is pretty safe because of it's distance and low height but has a low reward.

This (among other things) have made me realise how bad Sonic's approach sucks.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
i usually go for dash then shield cancel into grab ... i find it to be one of sonic best ways to approach.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Grabs give a better reward, but missing a dash grab means you *will* get punished.
Dash attack is pretty safe because of it's distance and low height but has a low reward.

This (among other things) have made me realise how bad Sonic's approach sucks.
I still rage at Sakurai to this day for not making Sonic's spin approaches have insane priority. Come on, the guy rips through STEEL with his spin dashes in his game! What's all this stuff about spin approaches getting canceled out by...well...anything in Brawl!?

(Yes, I know Side+B has great priority, but that's just not enough...)

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
I still rage at Sakurai to this day for not making Sonic's spin approaches have insane priority. Come on, the guy rips through STEEL with his spin dashes in his game! What's all this stuff about spin approaches getting canceled out by...well...anything in Brawl!?

(Yes, I know Side+B has great priority, but that's just not enough...)
yeah its a bummer...

NNID
MasterHavik
Well it like this.....

Dash + grab= an easy uthrow or dthrow

Dash+ running attack= SH bair

Yay, I know smash math. I'm so smart XD

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It depends for me. I love shield grabbing/pivot grabbingout of a dash to set up gimps, or to start a match and get an easy 30 damage. Dash attack can be useful if you just use the late hit, combos into tilts nicely. My hle thing with dash attack is try to hit either at the very end of the animation, for combos, or at the very beginning, so that its harder to be punished because f the attacks long distance.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
A virtually unpunishable 6% is very, very good. Don't sleep on it.

Beside, the dash attack can set up my new favorite move, dash attack spring cancel to a deadly aerial (uair or bair). When you actually pull that off, it's awesome.

So yeah, I do both, because Sonic's grab (especially the revese pivot grab that can fool spot dodgers) leads to good stuff. for example, you tech chase two downgrabs to the edge, then you reverse pivot grab into a few more downgrabs... It's awesome.

And on Ness and Lucas, grab all day. Why risk my lack of priority?

Top Bottom