• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DASC: Useful for Sonic?

Trent

Smash Champion
I was messing around with DASC this morning trying to see what you could do out of it. Thinking about adding one more trick to Sonic's kill move list.

See http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246129 if you haven't heard about the DASC yet. I saw Kinzer posting there earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0&feature=sub is the actual video.

Things I tried out of DASC against Jiggs and Bowser on the right side of BF:
Fair: Easily Hits
Nair: Easily Hits
Uair: Easily Hits
Bair: Easy Kill
Dair: Suprisingly Hits, just make sure to not kill yourself with it.
(Pulled off a WTF moment against Bowser with it, which brought him down to the bottom of the stage at 10% damage, killing him with it, as I recovered)

HA: Umm.. could catch them off guard if you're lucky?
SD: Useless so far
SC: Useless so far
Bumper: Yay, free 4%

Haven't done a whole lot of testing besides against these characters, gonna keep messing with it.

Thoughts?

Browny

Smash Hater
I think... a running usmash is a more reliable. barely any other characters have a usmash like Sonic's with its shield stabbing potential and if you manage to DASC someone at the ledge, and usmash would have worked too. however there are situations where the usmash will work while the DASC does not, since usmash doesnt need the enemy to be exactly on the edge.

Umby

Smash Master
We've gone over this before, and I stand by my statement that DACUS has its uses. I just don't feel like going over those points again unless everyone wants to jump in and start this discussion again.

Umby

Smash Master
Btw, does anyone remember that vid of Sonic doing a hyphen smash/DACUS against a Sheik, then he hit the edge and fell off into a Nair? Did we ever find out what that was about?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Btw, does anyone remember that vid of Sonic doing a hyphen smash/DACUS against a Sheik, then he hit the edge and fell off into a Nair? Did we ever find out what that was about?
I remember this.

I think we decided it had to do something with shield push, and the shield push sent Sonic over the edge and knocked him out of the Usmash or something weird like that.

We never really reached a final conclusion, but pretty certain it was just one of the many odd effects of shield push.

:093:

NNID
MasterHavik
I hate to be a noob and everything guys, but what the hell is DASC? I heard of ASC, and I can do that fine. But this DASC is weird.

P.S.

I'm taking a break from Brawl for a bit. It has been hurting my BB game.

Umby

Smash Master
I remember this.

I think we decided it had to do something with shield push, and the shield push sent Sonic over the edge and knocked him out of the Usmash or something weird like that.

We never really reached a final conclusion, but pretty certain it was just one of the many odd effects of shield push.

:093:
I believe the weird thing about it was that Sheik wasn't even THAT close to the edge when he sheilded.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I hate to be a noob and everything guys, but what the hell is DASC? I heard of ASC, and I can do that fine. But this DASC is weird.

P.S.

I'm taking a break from Brawl for a bit. It has been hurting my BB game.
DASC does not have anything to do with Sonic's existing ASC.

also, DASC is not DACUS.

not necessarily anyway.

I believe the weird thing about it was that Sheik wasn't even THAT close to the edge when he sheilded.
I don't have the vid in access right now, but if I remember correctly, Sonic was behind Sheik to the point that the first hit of the U-smash tapped Sheik's shield, so it added some push to Sonic and knocked him off the edge during his slide.

all of this is probably related to things like the instant turnaround on the edge with SDR, too.

9_9;

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I left a big WoT on SoniKupo's comment wall.

I suggest you take a look at it (if you want my opinion anyway, but I promsie there might be some useful info).

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
For your convenience.

Originally Posted by Kinzer
I've done that stuff long before anybody began to really discuss DASC. Granted I probably wouldn;'t be doing it every other match or like that, but just as many other people said, they knew about it.

Of course it's situational and probably up until now where there is a lot of media interest hard to intentionally do, but you can perform quick attacks like Nair/Uair/Fair. You can also Spring which I'll get into a bit later. Another lulzy follow-up I can think of is Spin Dashing back onto the stage to do the standard ball combos. Now you're given more options if you decide to jump and you're given a bit more time, although considering opponents do... react, they aren't as guaranteed. Notice how all the ideas I give you save Spin Dash (perhaps to an extent) are fast frame-wise? Those are the ones that are moreorless guaranteed because you have 1/11th of a second to predict them at most... not likely to happen if at all/possible to begin with.

In fact, it's probably possible to DASC with UP-Smash. Granted you'll need a lot of momentum for you to fall off and cancel the attack, like maybe from a running Hyphen or a DACUS, but it can be done the same way you can DASC.

...It's also possible to do this kind of thing with a regular ol' SDR! If you look for the videos, we've been DASCing (accidentally of course lol) into some weird stuff, IThrowThings had a video of himself Spinshotting after he hit somebody with a direct SDR on the edge. Again you'll need to be going fast enough to DASC with SDR or it won't work. I also know about the Up-Smash DASC because I show some Random Sonic Guy (that wasn't me hehe) do it (again, accidentally).

Have you even tried to follow-up an ASC (or SDR, doesn't matter) with a Spring? I do, and although it isn't like DASCing, it can be done the same way. The reason I mention Spring as a follow-up is because it's quick, can be followed up into more stuff with the right placement, and just because if they get pushed off a platform, it works.

I never did bother to consider the options since it was as I believe has been mentioned, rather situational and hard to set-up, but I hope I've given you some ideas/tricks to work with as Sonic.
I was thinking of posting this earlier but I'd rather you wouldn't mind first before I did it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sheesh, all the typos and bad grammar, it makes me :/.

But no, I don't mind that you put it up, because it's how I type anyway and I believe people can still pick up on what I'm trying to say.

Top Bottom