• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrain Combo

Chip.

you know what to do
Hey RedYoshi it's me...Chip, the Y.Link player at the tourney. Wassup? Anyways it is a fun combo to watch. Exactly how old is it?

RedYoshi plays an AWESOME Yoshi :chuckle:.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Hey RedYoshi it's me...Chip, the Y.Link player at the tourney. Wassup? Anyways it is a fun combo to watch. Exactly how old is it?

RedYoshi plays an AWESOME Yoshi :chuckle:.
lol well chip I'm not good at guessing how old videos are,but I'm guessing this combo is a year or 2 old

welcome to the boards

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
so anyways yeh, this vid deserves regonition every now in then cause it shows why we play falcon... and his alwsome skill.

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
He's sheding a tear at how awesome it is that a Falcon is owning a Fox... This in contrast to the usual **** Fox puts on Falcon...

Koga+

Boot
obviously everyone has seen the combo, but would anyone care to post exact percentages it works at if any, is it dependant on DI, there is a lot about the combo not many including me know :psycho:

CSBrokaw

Smash Cadet
The Darkrain combo is amazing beyond belief. It insipred me to get in those Uthrow, DTilt, Grab, and to follow up with whatever. Awesome moves.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
The one thing that makes me not play as falcon against a fox is the fact that it is SO EASY to shinespike a recovering falcon, and it is devastating to him.

Not saying that shinespike takes no skill, just that falcon practically asks for it

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, pobody's nerfect. People miss DI's occasionally even the best of the best especially under high pressure situations. Don't look at the game from merely a statistics point of view. People make mistakes and you need to be prepared to punish those mistakes. Don't go under the assumption that everyone DI's everything or tech's everything.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Hey, pobody's nerfect. People miss DI's occasionally even the best of the best especially under high pressure situations. Don't look at the game from merely a statistics point of view. People make mistakes and you need to be prepared to punish those mistakes. Don't go under the assumption that everyone DI's everything or tech's everything.
exactly Eddie,I remember this one guy who was facing a peach player and forgot to DI a few times because he was nervous

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
The combo's amazing, but it is like a year old.

And yeah, if Isai had DI'ed right, no more combo. It's ridiculously easy to DI out of. The combo is remembered because Isai sorta messed up, and Darkrain capitalized. So don't go practicing this particular combo, because it won't work unless you're fighting complete noobs who don't know how to DI.

The whole point of falcon is to improvise your combos depending on DI. Darkrain is phenomenal, yeah, but just keep that in mind.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Yea this only worked cause isai kept DIing and teching towards Darkrain, simple DI away would of been enough to stop the combo, but incase you wanna know you can dtilt and nair from like 80% or so and knee at 110% maybe lower (its just the percents I go by haven't tested it or anything and the %'s or for fastfallers) but only works with no DI or DI towards.

Only use for it so far I have is edgeguarding my friends falco when he tries to OverB the ledge. Since he's off the stage he tends to DI towards to prevent going out too far but in this case spells his doom. Although you could probably tech this.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
What ever happened to Darkrain? Does he still play anymore?
LOL, yeah he does, but he lives in the middle of the country in KS-MO, so most people dont know he is alive, becuase nothing ever happens around here. But yeah, dark just went to a local tourney here in NE with the rest of the KS crew (Dmac, DYC, Jesi, N64, Z, and Phatgamer). But it was great seeing him go 2-1 with Smeash.

Echo

Smash Champion
the DI is questionable? how do you figure?

you realize 100% of the combos that ever happen in smash are caused because of particular DI, and you're going to say Isai's DI is questionable? Where would you have DI'd then? Because apparently you all DI better than Isai.

He was DI'ing into him, probably hoping that dark would predict him to DI away, but it didnt work in his favor.

Why are people in here saying stupid **** like the DI is questionable, if you ever play darkrain, or even WATCH him play, you would know how good he is, and wouldnt say that stupid ****.

and I bet Isai would even be insulted to call his DI "questionable" - Why the **** would he DI the wrong way on purpose? In a crew battle? Think about what you're typing.

Top Bottom