• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus Approaching: Extreme caution recommended.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
If you want DS to be a close range/rushdown character, the boost ball sounds much better. Having a burst movement option would really help such a playstyle. Are you going for a sonic-ish or a jigg-ish boostball?
If you want a zoning DS, then the reflector sounds better.
I personally find the boosball more interesting.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for updating so frequently, it really helps ease the wait and makes the project feel more alive and active.
What I would really like to do is make a video since she's finally coming along. If someone wants to link me to a cheap product on Amazon to record Wii footage...

Trying to recreate this attack of DS's:

Last edited:

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
i have a really fast computer, i can make a video if you'd like ^^ dolphin allows for recording the game pretty easily. Just PM me about anything extra you'd like to showcase. Also about the new shot graphic, is that a true projectile (article) ? Or is just a generic graphic?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
i have a really fast computer, i can make a video if you'd like ^^ dolphin allows for recording the game pretty easily. Just PM me about anything extra you'd like to showcase. Also about the new shot graphic, is that a true projectile (article) ? Or is just a generic graphic?
Thanks for the offer but I really want to be the one recording the video.

And it's more along the lines of a true projectile. False projectiles aren't cool. You shouldn't be able to shoot through walls and multiple opponents!

Last edited:

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Np, i understand ^^ just thought i'd offer. And that sounds nice, its a good touch up since most the PSA's for DS have just used graphics. It always bugged me when she was able top spam a projectile with no consequence (I.E.reflect xD)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Thanks for the offer but I really want to be the one recording the video.

And it's more along the lines of a true projectile. False projectiles aren't cool. You shouldn't be able to shoot through walls and multiple opponents!

You're having waaay too much fun with the visuals.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
This was probably asked many times before but, Who is DS's base character or who is she over?

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me, the Metroid Prime 2 model is pretty low-quality and poopy, even though its design is my favourite. Are you planning on using one? Or an HD-ish version, if you got help from someone?
This a good opportunity for you or anyone else to work on this aspect of Dark Samus. An HD version would be amazing but unfortunately it's not as easy as it seems to update.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This a good opportunity for you or anyone else to work on this aspect of Dark Samus. An HD version would be amazing but unfortunately it's not as easy as it seems to update.
I suck at texturing, but considering how organic and smooth her model is, the 3D part wouldn't be too bad.

The question is - editing a Prime 2 version, or redoing one from scratch? A question that I won't answer because I'm not amazing at modeling.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
I suck at texturing, but considering how organic and smooth her model is, the 3D part wouldn't be too bad.

The question is - editing a Prime 2 version, or redoing one from scratch? A question that I won't answer because I'm not amazing at modeling.
I just downloaded the original MP2 import on Brawlvault... I'm no expert either but the textures do indeed look disgustingly low res.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm torn on whether or not to suggest only editing the "lights" on the model for recolors, or to do that AND adjust the color/hue/saturation of the suit to match.

Thought TBH, in that image if the suit were recolored into a dark maroon or "Devils Branding" as coined from an episode of "B*tchin Rides" (Copper Caddy Chop Top episode), then holy crap this would look sweet as heck. Oh and having the phazon lights be a tamed bronze yellow with that "Devils Branding" would look swell too.

Last edited:

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Is it even possible to change the colours of the effects? I'd imagine that'd be a lot of graphics for one PSA.

Personally, I think it's best to just stick to recolouring the model. Get a full release out first, then worry over the minor details.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Is it even possible to change the colours of the effects? I'd imagine that'd be a lot of graphics for one PSA.

Personally, I think it's best to just stick to recolouring the model. Get a full release out first, then worry over the minor details.
That would actually be the easiest part.

Top Bottom