• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus Approaching: Extreme caution recommended.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
The models/mesh are mostly the same for both "models". Its the textures that are pretty different.

The corruption model was textured to have particle effects go with it, while the Smash 4 was not. The model will not look right in game if I use the Corruption textures, so I will be going with the Smash 4 textures as a base.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Progress:

This is a render done in 3ds max. My goal is to get the material effects as close to this as possible for Brawl/PM. It will have glow maps for the main lights on the suit, as well as the "veins" that surround said lights. The armor will have a specular map to give it a colored sheen with added armor details.

I may even add animated "phazon" for the large lights on the body, if possible.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Progress:

This is a render done in 3ds max. My goal is to get the material effects as close to this as possible for Brawl/PM. It will have glow maps for the main lights on the suit, as well as the "veins" that surround said lights. The armor will have a specular map to give it a colored sheen with added armor details.

This might actually your best work yet IMO, and that's saying something.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Progress:

This is the best looking Dark Samus model yet!!! Simply stunning. I didn't think you'd be able to make Dark Samus look this good.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Man if only this was in Project M officially...
Please, This and Ridley in Project M would cause /r/smashbros to ape over this! But what of other newcomers? I can totally go for a playable Andross in the future, but then who would take the last 2 clone slots?

Edit: Pipe-dream newcomers for Project M:
Ridley
Dark Samus
Andross
K. Rool (If he doesn't get into Smash 4 via the Ballot)/Geno (if K. Rool is in Smash 4)/Wart (if Geno and K. Rool are in Smash 4)
Waluigi (BitF Waluigi will be put over the assist Trophy)

We need more villains in Smash, there aren't enough of them.

Why no "leaked" characters? The quality of those PSA's on that one stream aren't up to PMDT snuff, plus it'll be more symbolic if those newcomers came from community made move-sets.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So to recap the awesome PSA's coming from Smash-Boards within the foreseeable future:
Waluigi: MarioKing64DS & KingJigglyPuff & Drogoth (sorry I forgot about you!)
Ridley: BaganSmashbros & A-crap-ton-of-other-people (most likely already mentioned here)
OoT Ganon (I perfer to use "Phantom Ganon" for reasons): BronzeGreekGod & Drogoth (Sorry 'bout this one too. :V)
Deoxys: KingJigglyPuff & Nanobuds (sorry I forgot you Nano! :p)
Dark Samus: DarkSamusLives & Nanobuds

Guys, I think we have our clone slots ready (not including the 4 potential slots from the alloys). :)

Edit: A pipe-dreamers layout:
7 Slots.png

"But it doesn't look symmetrical!" You might say... well
Add Geno, another random slot, and K. Rool and you get this:
9 Slots.png

"Uncle Andross Got a Moveset!" Well awesome: here's the final layout:
10 Slots.png

Edit Edit: As for the stadium modes that involve alloys: Make it so that you either face the Big 3 (M2, K. Rool. Ridley) + Dark Samus or these set of four if K. Rool can't be added: Mario, Kirby, Falcon, and Zelda.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
So to recap the awesome PSA's coming from Smash-Boards within the foreseeable future:

Deoxys: KingJigglyPuff (possibly a collab, notify me If I'm missing someone)
That Nanobuds guys is helping with the model I think.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Waluigi: MarioKing64DS & KingJigglyPuff
Ridley: BaganSmashbros
OoT Ganon (I perfer to use "Phantom Ganon" for reasons): BronzeGreekGod
Deoxys: KingJigglyPuff (possibly a collab, notify me If I'm missing someone)
Dark Samus: DarkSamusLives & Nanobuds

Guys, I think we have our clone slots ready (not including the 4 potential slots from the alloys). :)
I'm hyped for all of these PSAs!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Waluigi: MarioKing64DS & KingJigglyPuff

OoT Ganon (I perfer to use "Phantom Ganon" for reasons): BronzeGreekGod

Last I heard, some Monstrous Master was working on those as well.

I wonder who it is Kappa

Cahalan

Smash Ace
wait who are we talking about
I was hyped that along with Dark Samus, that Ridley, Deoxys, Waluigi, and OoT Ganon (Phantom Ganon in my book) would make for great characters for the remaining clone slots. In my post with all the pretty pictures on this page, I forgot to credit some people (Drogoth and Nano) on a couple of PSA's. Clever replies soon followed.

Also... IS DROGOTH BIG BOSS'S PHANTOM?!?!?! O_O

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I would really love this. Are people working on Andross and Geno somewhere? If not, I'm sure those slots would be easy to fill regardless. That is a CSS I would like to use someday.
Geno can already be found on Brawl Vault with a another upload as a patch to the moveset. As for Andross... there's no known moveset on the vault/being worked on. But In my previous post here on this page (page 14 if this post starts page 15) without all the pretty pictures, I linked to a moveset for andross someone on DeviantArt can up with.

I'd be shocked if I was wrong on Andross though; every major PSA creator has real life issues/duties haunting them down like Ornes. I still, however, appreciate everyone and anyone setting out to make fully fleshed out polished PSA's, you're doing what most would look at with dismay and make it look fun for those willing to learn. Even to those working on high quality series of textures, you too deserve high regards. God Speed all of your efforts out there. :)

Now if you excuse me, I have some rimlighting to do! (Does remaining homework first)

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Geno can already be found on Brawl Vault with a another upload as a patch to the moveset. As for Andross... there's no known moveset on the vault/being worked on. But In my previous post here on this page (page 14 if this post starts page 15) without all the pretty pictures, I linked to a moveset for andross someone on DeviantArt can up with.
Ah, okay. I saw the Andross post but didn't know if it was being taken up. I also keep hearing that there's some secretish thing going on with K Rool...

On topic (sorry): Is there anything in mind for recolors so far? I think it'd be cool to see how other colors look with the Phazon effects.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ah, okay. I saw the Andross post but didn't know if it was being taken up. I also keep hearing that there's some secretish thing going on with K Rool...

On topic (sorry): Is there anything in mind for recolors so far? I think it'd be cool to see how other colors look with the Phazon effects.
(Runs back to Laptop) *finally I can talk about the topic!*
As far as I know, both the Awesome model by Nano and the Corruption model may get used for the PSA. So more than likely it'll be a similar situation to Wario: 5-7 recolors for the Hype AF model by Nano, and 5-7 more Recolors for the Corruption Model. As for how the recolors will be designed: I predict that the black will get subtle tone changes and the Phazon will serve as the main indicator for costume slots/colors. The main costume for both models might even be suitable as blue team colors right off the bat!

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
(Runs back to Laptop) *finally I can talk about the topic!*
As far as I know, both the Awesome model by Nano and the Corruption model may get used for the PSA. So more than likely it'll be a similar situation to Wario: 5-7 recolors for the Hype AF model by Nano, and 5-7 more Recolors for the Corruption Model. As for how the recolors will be designed: I predict that the black will get subtle tone changes and the Phazon will serve as the main indicator for costume slots/colors. The main costume for both models might even be suitable as blue team colors right off the bat!
I thought this at first too but then thought there may be some conflict with the Phazon effects in the moveset. I figured DarkSamusLives would want to keep those colors consistent across all costumes for that reason, so I was curious what they had in mind. I'd love if Nanobuds Nanobuds would be so kind as to pimp out the Corruption model, too... ;)

EDIT: Wait, you mean the Echoes model instead of the Corruption model, right? Corruption and SSB4 are the same thing essentially.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I thought this at first too but then thought there may be some conflict with the Phazon effects in the moveset. I figured DarkSamusLives would want to keep those colors consistent across all costumes for that reason, so I was curious what they had in mind. I'd love if Nanobuds Nanobuds would be so kind as to pimp out the Corruption model, too... ;)

EDIT: Wait, you mean the Echoes model instead of the Corruption model, right? Corruption and SSB4 are the same thing essentially.
Whoops, forgot about that detail... but yeah the same idea applies still. Just figuring out how the default Corruption colors will get an Echoes equivalent... maybe a mono-tone black and white costume with black phazon for that?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Just figuring out how the default Corruption colors will get an Echoes equivalent... maybe a mono-tone black and white costume with black phazon for that?
I'm not sure I understand your idea here. Are you suggesting that the Echoes model be colored black and white, and have its Phazon effects be black? IMO that wouldn't be necessary; you could just make the blueish coloring a little more prominent on the skin of the Echoes model in comparison to the Corruption/Nano one. I reference this pic's "aura".

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm not sure I understand your idea here. Are you suggesting that the Echoes model be colored black and white, and have its Phazon effects be black? IMO that wouldn't be necessary; you could just make the blueish coloring a little more prominent on the skin of the Echoes model in comparison to the Corruption/Nano one. I reference this pic's "aura".
I understand your reasoning but I was thinking of how to give the Echoes model a similar color scheme to that of the Corruption model. It's for consistency's sake really, similar to how Wario was handled.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I understand your reasoning but I was thinking of how to give the Echoes model a similar color scheme to that of the Corruption model. It's for consistency's sake really, similar to how Wario was handled.
I'm not sure I understand. Could you elaborate? I'm just having a hard time visualizing it, I think.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm not sure I understand. Could you elaborate? I'm just having a hard time visualizing it, I think.
Okay, the Corruption model's original color scheme was a metallic silver with aquamarine colored phazon. My idea for a Echoes model recolor would be a monochrome motif. The main color would be white, with the phazon being black/a shade of grey to mirror the Corruption model's original silver color scheme.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Okay, the Corruption model's original color scheme was a metallic silver with aquamarine colored phazon. My idea for a Echoes model recolor would be a monochrome motif. The main color would be white, with the phazon being black/a shade of grey to mirror the Corruption model's original silver color scheme.
Oh, okay, for a recolor, not for the default Echoes model coloring! I'm still not too supportive of the whole different colored Phazon elements since certain moves will have conflicting colors, but otherwise I like the idea. I still think the default Echoes model should be just a little bit more blue than Nano's model, though.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, okay, for a recolor, not for the main model! I'm still not too supportive of the whole different colored Phazon elements since certain moves will have conflicting colors, but otherwise I like the idea. I still think the default Echoes model should be just a little bit more blue than Nano's model, though.
Doesn't Dark Samus uses orange plasma beam in MP3 fight instead of blue one anyway?

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that many of you mentioned that Link was one of the easier characters to make a PSA with. Well, what about Toon Link? Is he just about the same difficulty to use as a base?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I noticed that many of you mentioned that Link was one of the easier characters to make a PSA with. Well, what about Toon Link? Is he just about the same difficulty to use as a base?
It's not that it's easier to make a PSA but that the filesize limit of his slot is higher than other characters, which means that you can make more complex stuff.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
It's not that it's easier to make a PSA but that the filesize limit of his slot is higher than other characters, which means that you can make more complex stuff.
This, plus he has a lot of projectiles and a tether, which are difficult/impossible to include in character bases without those.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Dark Samus update. Improved animations, better graphics on the Phazon orbs and tentacles/tendrils, and a shiny new Dark Samus model. Nanobuds Nanobuds contribution has been a huge boon to Project Phazon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom