• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Uh, Samus, the main Metroid character, and her new design in general. Looks a lot like her 3D model to me. Where do you think they got the model for Zero Suit Samus? The idea was from Zero Mission I'm sure, but she was 2D there.
The 3D model in Brawl doesn't really look like Prime Samus at all. The Zero Suit model probably did come from Zero mission, but yeah, I think they maybe just used the model from Prime.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
The 3D model in Brawl doesn't really look like Prime Samus at all. The Zero Suit model probably did come from Zero mission, but yeah, I think they maybe just used the model from Prime.
Her Brawl attire (in her normal form) is a combination of the different Metroid games, not just one. Sakurai love retro games, but he also knows that the new Prime series are also a good game. So instead of completely dumping Samus' old design, he incorporates new elements into the classic design. The way Samus looks, doesn't confirm or unconfirm anything since its a reference to the Metroid series as a whole, not just one part of it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Noooo Samus Suit in Brawl is Zero Mission's.

Still, that's not a valid argument against Dark Sammy, now that Samus Phazon suit and Dark Suit have been confirmed, Dark Samus has a chance, besides, Kirby has 3 reps, and had only one in the past games. Why can't Metroid get the same treatment? Metroid Sells more, is more popular. So yeah, Dark Sammy for Brawl.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Noooo Samus Suit in Brawl is Zero Mission's.
Still, that's not a valid argument against Dark Sammy, now that Samus Phazon suit and Dark Suit have been confirmed, Dark Samus has a chance, besides, Kirby has 3 reps, and had only one in the past games. Why can't Metroid get the same treatment? Metroid Sells more, is more popular. So yeah, Dark Sammy for Brawl.
What?! Samus has her Dark Suit colors? White Samus too plz! Also, Dark Samus for Brawl too!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, i don't know for sure, but someone said she had, and there was a pic with a Brown Samus, search for the confirmed costumes thread or something in this forum.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
keep in mind that Metroid Prime hadn't come out yet by the time Melee was released. Sakurai hasn't had much of a chance yet to incorporate it into Brawl. just because he kept Samus's look the same doesn't mean he's going to ignore the whole series.

R.I.D.L.E.Y.

Smash Cadet
Expect to be banned within an hour : P

And DS would be the next choice... and her chances of getting in are quite low but her FS SHOULD be turning into Metroid prime.
Watch it, Mega. I got warned for "spam" for saying something similar.

And I also would like to see DS in the game, although I'm not sure how likely it is. She definitely would have some very interesting and unique attacks. I know they have plenty to draw from with Prime 2 and 3...

Watch it, Mega. I got warned for "spam" for saying something similar.

And I also would like to see DS in the game, although I'm not sure how likely it is. She definitely would have some very interesting and unique attacks. I know they have plenty to draw from with Prime 2 and 3...
A bit of a Grim outlook on things, no?

Anyways if her FS is prime should it spew out Metroid AT's?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
her Fs should be like this

instead of a red glow a blue phazon clour surrounds her.Suddenly three randomly shape shards come out of the ground.Anyone who touches these shards(except ds) is hit with 20% damge and 10% over time.In the last 3 seconds of the final smash ds aboorbs them all in to a charge up phazon beam...
when the next time you press the b button you fire a glitchy phazon beam resulting in a one hit k-o if the opponents is above 50%.however becuase it is glitchy it could glitch right past the opponent...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i think that if Dark Samus is going to transform back into Metroid Prime, it should be its core form. and the spawning metroid AT's idea is really good, too. i hope they do that...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why would he turn back to Metroid Prime? Dark Samus is supposed to be the most powerfull version, not Metroid Prime.

R.I.D.L.E.Y.

Smash Cadet
and a few images depicting my moveset on the front page: ( i apologize for the quality....but it works, right?)

Standard Special - Phazon Spray:

Down Special - Phazon Shield:

Up Special - Shinespark:
One of her specials needs to be the phazon boost ball thing...

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
AWESOME! I gotta put them on the front to fill up the parts where text is all over randomly, like a game manual.
i think the general similiar look is enough to make her clone whether move set is the same or not we dont need chars that look the same. I personally want Geno but if u want a char from the metriod series the go with ridley completely different char and different look ;-)!!!
lol

Luigi for Mario alt.!!!
I don't think Dark Samus has much of a chance, seeing as how the Metroid Prime series has seen such little representation in Brawl so far (outside the black Phazon costume). Whatchu think? She/it's awesome though.
Your point? The roster is still being revealed. Never base an arguement on current characters until you know of the final roster.
Why would he turn back to Metroid Prime? Dark Samus is supposed to be the most powerfull version, not Metroid Prime.
It's a Bowser to Giga Bowser thing.

I was thinkin' Metroid Prime should be a boss, then he turns into Dark Samus when you beat him, which unlocks him.

By the way, I'm back! I'll be updating with the new member, any cool additions, and etcektra.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"It's a Bowser to Giga Bowser thing.

I was thinkin' Metroid Prime should be a boss, then he turns into Dark Samus when you beat him, which unlocks him."

Yes, But Giga is stronger than Bowser, Dark Samus on the other hand, is stronger than Metroid Prime.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to say Dark Samus is a she, not because Samus is a she but because she gives birth (to Metroids) in Metroid Prime. Unless you're a seahorse, that's generally a female thing to do.
then okay Dark Samus=she..unless werent the Metroid create from the birth of the Phazon not Metroid prime.becuase the only metroid that can give birth to metroids is The Queen As metroid prime is just a mutated metroid

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i dissagre with the ranking system some of us dont have access to photoshop etc and if we use paint it'll look rubbish :(
you don't have to make images in order to contribute to the thread. as long as you provide arguments and ideas about Dark Samus, you'll be fine.

but as far as the ranking system goes, that was just a collective idea of the co-founders. i suppose we could do away with it if it's unpopular. i don't mind either way.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What'd I miss?

1st off, Shuma, those recolors were awsome, especially 1st and 5th ones,

2nd, it seems we've been getting more supporters, as well as familiar faces...,

*Remember, Pm a founder to join, or post a request on this thread*

3rd, this deal on MP as DS's FS(sorry for the shortenings) could go either way,
Shuma's idea sounds smart, unlock her in SSE by beating Prime,

Lastly, i believe a moveset combining DarkSpidey's and Darkpaladin's would be awesome..

B-neutral- Phazon spray/beam: shoots a burst of phazon shots, 3-6( similar to getting hit by a fire flower, but with electricity effects ) and can be charged to fire a beam ( similar to the ray gun, but in the first smash bros) and can be saved.

B-side- Boost ball: DS curls up into her variation of Samus's morph ball and ricochets around the battlefield. Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Sonic have similar moves,but can't leave the ground,
moves much faster, and cancels out automatically after 10 seconds, or by pushing B.

B-up- Shinespark: Dark Samus briefly hovers in the air and then dashes in a direction chosen by the player, damaging those in her path. Similar to Fox's Firefox, this also serves as DS's recovery move, but with electric after effect.

B-down- Phazon Barrier: A barrier of pure phazon radiates out from Dark Samus, deflecting projectiles and damaging those standing right next to her, sending them skywards.

Final Smash- Dark Echoes: Dark Samus uses this move during the final battle in Metroid Prime 3. She creates clones of herself to confuse and attack her enemies, and in Brawl these clones would act as CPU controlled teammates for a short period of time, giving Dark Samus three times the attack power. Additionally, Dark Samus's special moves are enhanced with "team" enhancements, like her upgraded moves when she used echoes in Corruption, basically, she would execute her moves like Ice climbers do when together.

Team moves:
B neutral: DS and 1 echo shoot in 2 directions, spinning, while other 2 are still capable of attacking, lasts 6 secs.

B side: multiple boost balls at once, like the Excitebike AT, darting around.

B up: player can point in a direction, and 1 at a time, the echoes shoot off, followed by Dark Samus. With skill, echoes can be shot in different directions, as there is 2 second waiting time before echo/DS is shot.

B down: all echoes surround DS, and bring out an enlarged barrier.

The echoes can be destroyed, but will join with Dark samus, recovering 25% for each,
after 30 secs-1 min.

Well, what do you guys think? And sorry for the long post :/ :p

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i really like the idea of Metroid Prime as an SSE boss, and Dark Samus being unlocked when you beat it.

and i like IsmaR's additions to the Dark Echoes FS.

Top Bottom