• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I never freaked out at, insulted, or was angry with Sakurai for the roster. We got so many new characters - Hell, counting movesets instead of character spots, we've gotten 19 unique, newcoming characters. Compare that to Melee's unique characters, veterans and newcomers alike. 18 versus 20. That's an incredible amount of new characters, almost tying with the number of unique characters in Melee. Take into account that several veterans will get brand new movesets as well. Ask yourself - why shouldn't Ganondorf be considered basically a newcomer if he's got a new moveset? If they're going to make him an original character, he'll have to be built from the ground up. Same with Falco, and to a lesser extent, Luigi and Ness. Basically, they could have included Falco and Ganondorf with their clone movesets and focus on two new characters, but people would be thoroughly disappointed if they didn't become their own unique characters, Ganondorf especially.

We've gotten more than we could even ask for - Sakurai's put so much stuff into the game that anyone who complains is really being selfish. People were just like this with Mr. Game & Watch, and then when they found out that the six clones WERE clones, they were pissed.
You never freaked out or insulted Sakurai eh? Even when he first through a major bombshell at you saying that there will be no wavedashing in the game? How about Japan getting the game first before you do? Then there was that drought of no character confirmations for about a good....2 and a half months.

Ha!! I know you're lying! Just admit it that you've gotten just a weeeeee bit antsy about something Sakurai & company did that you didn't like.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
You never freaked out or insulted Sakurai eh? Even when he first through a major bombshell at you saying that there will be no wavedashing in the game? How about Japan getting the game first before you do? Then there was that drought of no character confirmations for about a good....2 and a half months.

Ha!! I know you're lying! Just admit it that you've gotten just a weeeeee bit antsy about something Sakurai & company did that you didn't like.
everyone who knows the game has at least once

Um, no?

I don't care about wavedashing.

Melee came out in Japan first.

I don't need Dojo updates to satiate me. We got a ton of great October updates, that was good enough for me.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
everyone who knows the game has at least once
Exactly my point. Mmm hmm. No one here is a total boy scout. And Mr. Link to the Snitch is no exception. I WANT MY GIRL DARK SAMUS ON THE GAME! Is that too much to freaking ask!? And everybody in this thread does! Everybody!

@ Link to the Snitch, what about the 2 or 3 delays? Or did you once again keep your cool?

DS 4 BRAWL

I was disappointed with the two delays.

But I'd be even more disappointed if we got it at launch and everyone hated the significantly smaller roster, or if we got an extremely limited online mode on December 3rd, or we got broken servers on February 10th.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I was disappointed with the two delays.

But I'd be even more disappointed if we got it at launch and everyone hated the significantly smaller roster, or if we got an extremely limited online mode on December 3rd, or we got broken servers on February 10th.
My point is proven. You did not look at those delays and you were completely indifferent. You eventually looked on the bright side...eventually is the key word here. So don't give me this "Even though Dark Samus isn't on the game, you guys shouldn't look down on Sakurai cause he worked his arse off." Cause I really don't wanna hear it!

...Disappointment. Not freaking out, not getting angry, not insulting Sakurai.

You get angry, freak out, and insult Sakurai for not pleasing you. At no point were you disappointed, you were pissed off.

And eventually? See, you don't know me. At no point was I upset that it was delayed. I was disappointed that I had to wait. At the exact same moment that I was disappointed, I was also satisifed that Sakurai would better the game.

Oh? Did I list disappointment? No. You were never disappointed, just pissed off.

At no point was I exclusively disappointed. At only the moment of learning of a delay was I disappointed. At all moments however, including the first moment, I was optimistic.

I don't care that you don't want to hear that Sakurai is putting in more work, time, and effort into the game. Show him some respect, he's worked on Brawl for almost three years. He's added so much new content, so many new characters, and so many new ideas, and the fact that you don't even really care about anything if he doesn't please you shows that you shouldn't even bother buying Smash anymore.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh? Did I list disappointment? No. You were never disappointed, just pissed off.

At no point was I exclusively disappointed. At only the moment of learning of a delay was I disappointed. At all moments however, including the first moment, I was optimistic.

I don't care that you don't want to hear that Sakurai is putting in more work, time, and effort into the game. Show him some respect, he's worked on Brawl for almost three years. He's added so much new content, so many new characters, and so many new ideas, and the fact that you don't even really care about anything if he doesn't please you shows that you shouldn't even bother buying Smash anymore.
Well look at you mr. straight arrow. Acting all calm, cool, and collected about one of the most anticipated games this year. Acting as though he wouldn't get angry, irritated, or disgruntled if something on this game didn't go his way. Good for freaking you!

As for me, I've got first amendment rights to be PISSED THE **** OFF if Dark Samus isn't a playable character!! If you don't understand my frustration of to why I would be very irritable that day then I'll spear you an explaination because if you don't now then you never will.

End of argument.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like the optimism in this thread "Dark Samus whont be in" "Dark Samus deconfirmed?" "Dark Samus this?" "no that"

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Apparently that's fake too, since the person signed up after they supposedly posted that... =\

I still hope Dark Samus is in. Although I think I want Ridley more, I want to play as a giant dragon pirate! XD

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
WOOT I made a moveset! Please tell me what you think.

MOVESET

>B: Phazon Spores- Dark Samus spreads particles of Phazon around in front of him, and it can be controlled with the control stick. It is stuck on the opponent and sucks out life and adds it to Dark Samus.

^B: Levitation- He simply flys upwards in sort of a haze, like in MP3. Knocks anyone away that he comes in contact with, and can be controlled.

VB: Phazon Barrier- Dark Samus summons Phazon Crystals up from the ground that cover him. It reflects projectiles and hurts anyone it touches. It shatters fter a few moments.

NB: Corruption- This is a charge attack. He levitates a few inches into the air, growing a brighter blue the longer it is charged. It can be stopped at any time and returns to the ground when finished. Then he must be a short distance away from an opponent, because the blast moves a short distaNCE then explodes. Anyone hit with this is then under control of the person controlling Dark Samus, and Dark Samus is left standing where he fired. The longer he charged the shot, the longer you possess the opponent.

A- Slashes once with one hand.
AA- Slashes, then smacks with cannon.
AAA Slashes, smacks with cannon, then kicks.
>A- Kicks his leg out far to hit opponent.
^A- Pushes cannon upwards.
VA- Sweeps around with feet quickly.
<ASwivels on one foot and swings his leg around.
Smash>A- Lifts his leg up close to his chest, then pushes out to smack the opponent with his foot.
Smash^A- Creates Phazon crystals in cannon and hand and they grow larger whil charged, then pushes up.
SmashVA- Raises cannon and hand over head and holds them togather, then brings them down with incredible force.
Dash A- Brings one shoulder back and swipes his hand out, then cannon, then arm.

N Air- Spins around in a blue blur.
>Air- Smacks his head forward.
VAir- Spins around and shoves his feet downwards.
<Air- Kicks his feet backwards.
^Air- Swings his arm up and makes a flash that can KO if hit right.

Jump- Crouches then leaps off the ground
Double jump- Spins backwards.
Walk- Walks heavily like in MP3.
Run: Sort of floats along the ground.
Crouch- Gets low and has one hand pushed out, one hand sticking out in the air.

Taunt^- Spins around in a circle while levitating in the air, then thrusts his arms out when he faces the screen.
Taunt>- Leans back and thrusts his hands out whil roaring.
Taunt<- Dissolves into Phazon particles with the visor still showing, then laughs.

Final Smash: Mutation- Dark Samus melts into a puddle of Phazon, and then Metroid Prime arises from it. He can then fire Ice (Y, acts like a freezy), Plasma (B, light opponent on fire and deals even more damage when hit with the beam), Power Beam (A, rapid fire), and Electricity (X, fires a constand beam of electricity the shocks the opponent). You aim and move with the control stick, and must jump by tapping up on the control stick.

Alternate Final Smash: Dark Echoes- Dark Samus seperates into three clones, and two attack like the regular Dark Samus, while the player controls the other one. The clones cannot be damaged, and Dark Samus can be sent flying, but not damaged.
Here it is.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
im all for Dark Samus, as well as Ridley, for SSBB. if Mario and Kirby can have three characters representing their respective franchises, why not Metroid as well?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn;t update the first post in a while. If anyone has suggestions for the first post, then by all means tell me them! I'll update it. Anyways, we're badly in need of arguements against the 35 char roster, sinc eit has no Dark Samus. Although I'm all for it(Wolf), we needs some arguements against it tro maintain our foundation as a club.

antimatter

Smash Lord
um, the fact both robs have been deconfirmed. plus, could i be added as a member on the first post? i think i'm a hitman by now, by fending off snitch and pluvius.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Sorry I couldn;t update the first post in a while. If anyone has suggestions for the first post, then by all means tell me them! I'll update it. Anyways, we're badly in need of arguements against the 35 char roster, sinc eit has no Dark Samus. Although I'm all for it(Wolf), we needs some arguements against it tro maintain our foundation as a club.
Good to see you. You probably don't know me, but I'm supposed to be a hitman right now. And does creating a Dark Samus themed stage help my rank?

OH ****..... I have some good news..... and some BAD news....

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=167095

Ridley.... is deconfirmed...

Top Bottom