• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dante (from DMC) for Brawl! READ FIRST POST PLEASE!!

Seison

Smash Journeyman
props to you, just for all the work you put into that massive post.

I've never played any of the DMC games, but when i saw the game in the music list on smashbros.com , i googled Devil May Cry to see the main character. At that time I thought he looked like he'd be a pretty bad-*** character, so its cool to see a thread like displaying all the evidence for him.

Not sure how likely a choice he'd be, but I agree that it'd be cool if he were included.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
props to you, just for all the work you put into that massive post.

I've never played any of the DMC games, but when i saw the game in the music list on smashbros.com , i googled Devil May Cry to see the main character. At that time I thought he looked like he'd be a pretty bad-*** character, so its cool to see a thread like displaying all the evidence for him.

Not sure how likely a choice he'd be, but I agree that it'd be cool if he were included.
Thank you sir. Always nice to know my hard work is appreciated in some way. ;) Thanks again.

If you've never played a DMC before, but have the means to (a friend with a Ps2, or if you own one), I encourage you to try it out. Even if you don't wanna support him for Brawl, playing the games were fun, and worth the effort to go through. Dante is one of my favorite characters next to Snake and Ganondorf. :chuckle: I recommend playing the first one, and then the 3rd. I didn't like the 2nd one, but that one is usually a matter of opinion.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Nice thread, Odin. I have to admit, though, and it's been brought up here a few times, that I just don't think Sakurai's going to look at Dante and give the thumbs-up.

Think of it this way:
Having Dante in Brawl is like having relations with your girlfriend while thinking about someone else. Something seems to be in the right place, but it sure as hell isn't your brain or heart.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Nice thread, Odin. I have to admit, though, and it's been brought up here a few times, that I just don't think Sakurai's going to look at Dante and give the -up.

Think of it this way:
Having Dante in Brawl is like having relations with your friend while thinking about someone else. Something seems to be in the right place, but it sure as hell isn't your brain or heart.
Touche sir. Touche. ;) Glad to see you stopped by though. ^_^

I wouldn't expect Sakurai to look at Dante either, but who knows. Maybe he has. :shrug:

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
I used to think Dante would be a great addition for Brawl, and deep down I still do. You've given me some slight hope for Dante. If Zero doesn't get in, I'd still be plenty happy if he did.

BUT, if none of those two get in and Mega Man does, well just know that I'm gonna take all my anger and frustration out on him AND anyone who plays him online.;)

By the way O D I N, I admire how you make your banners. Marvelous job! Just wanted to point that out.:)

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Should he be in, yes. Will he, everyone is obviously thinknig no.

But I gotta hand it to you man, I wanted him in before, but now it hurts. I also think I'd be kind of wierd to hae a character that talks that much. Hey it's Dante, it'd be wierd if he didn't. It's cool, but it would be kinda wierd in a smash brothers game.

Which makes me think of another thing, who are the voice actors in smash brothers? (lol) Who says "C'mon" for Fox? Who goes "Huh" "Hah "Hyah" for Marth?

Gotta tell you these things keep me up at night...for about 5 seconds.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I used to think Dante would be a great addition for Brawl, and deep down I still do. You've given me some slight hope for Dante. If Zero doesn't get in, I'd still be plenty happy if he did.

BUT, if none of those two get in and Mega Man does, well just know that I'm gonna take all my anger and frustration out on him AND anyone who plays him online.;)

By the way O D I N, I admire how you make your banners. Marvelous job! Just wanted to point that out.:)
Hey, didn't expect to get any fans of my banners out in these parts (Brawl boards, that is). Thanks! :)

he would be aswueme, but like you said his chances are low
Indeed, they are. Still hoping something cool could happen. ;) Thanks for stopping by.

Should he be in, yes. Will he, everyone is obviously thinknig no.

But I gotta hand it to you man, I wanted him in before, but now it hurts. I also think I'd be kind of wierd to hae a character that talks that much. Hey it's Dante, it'd be wierd if he didn't. It's cool, but it would be kinda wierd in a smash brothers game.

Which makes me think of another thing, who are the voice actors in smash brothers? (lol) Who says "C'mon" for Fox? Who goes "Huh" "Hah "Hyah" for Marth?

Gotta tell you these things keep me up at night...for about 5 seconds.
It'd be a little weird, but Dante has that attitude about him, where he NEEDS to have that mouth that goes off every second. It's like Deadpool without the witty sarcasm. If there isn't any, it's not Deadpool.

Thanks for comin by. ;)

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
For a series that was made famous on the PS2... I don't know, it seems like an awful lot of wishful thinking, but then it's not the craziest idea I've heard by a long shot ;)

I think Dante would certainly be a cool addition to the Brawl lineup. He's the closest thing Brawl could have to Alucard from Hellsing.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
For a series that was made famous on the PS2... I don't know, it seems like an awful lot of wishful thinking, but then it's not the craziest idea I've heard by a long shot ;)

I think Dante would certainly be a cool addition to the Brawl lineup. He's the closest thing Brawl could have to Alucard from Hellsing.
Alucard was pretty awesome.

That reminds me. I made a pretty *****in Alucard sig for myself not too long ago.

^_^ One of my favorites.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
My opinion says he's as stupid of an idea as like Cloud?

He's a cool character and all. But doesn't deserve a slot in the game
Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. ;) I wouldn't want Cloud in Brawl. I wouldn't want Sora in Brawl either. If any FF character should get a spot, it's someone from the SNES generation, and even then, I'd prefer someone from Chrono Trigger.

Thanks for stoppin by though. :)

Suska

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. ;) I wouldn't want Cloud in Brawl. I wouldn't want Sora in Brawl either. If any FF character should get a spot, it's someone from the SNES generation, and even then, I'd prefer someone from Chrono Trigger.

Thanks for stoppin by though. :)
I agree. I wouldnt want Cloud or Sora in ether. The only FF character I would want in would be Black Mage, but thats just my opinion.

Also, I think Mega Man would probably get in first, I think he would be a very good addition to the game. I really like the move set you've come up with for him. For the most part it really stays true to the game.

D

Deleted member

You've obviously spent a long time on that (coloured text and sign ftw), and for that you rock.

Its not that I don't like Dante as a character (he was AWESOME in his games, from what I've seen of them), its just his appearance was so minor it would be 99.9% impossible for him to be seen as a Nintendo mascot.

Then again, I would like to see a fight between him and Pit, just to settle things the (un)holy way.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You've obviously spent a long time on that (coloured text and sign ftw), and for that you rock.

Its not that I don't like Dante as a character (he was AWESOME in his games, from what I've seen of them), its just his appearance was so minor it would be 99.9% impossible for him to be seen as a Nintendo mascot.

Then again, I would like to see a fight between him and Pit, just to settle things the (un)holy way.
XD That would be pretty interesting.

This started as just a fun moveset that I made in a different thread, and then someone asked what nintendo game Dante had been in. I just did a little searching, not expecting to find anything actually, but to my surprise, he was in something.

Very true however, it's a very small chance.

Thanks for stopping in. :)

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
While I'd love to see it, I'd say the chances are somewhat low.

But again, seeing Snake makes me think anything could happen now. That along with the fact that there's going to be 1-2 more 3rd party characters, along with Sonic's addition is affirmation that any character that has even the slightest relation to Nintendo could join.

By the way, even though Kojima and Sakurai are good friends, Snake's inclusion isn't based solely on that. Sakurai would not put a character in the game if he didn't think it wouldn't fit. Ultimately, it was Sakurai's descision to put Snake in, and no one elses. While Kojima brought the idea up, Sakurai is the one who said "Yes", so just keep that in mind...

Having said that, 3rd party appearances are looking bright!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
While I'd love to see it, I'd say the chances are somewhat low.

But again, seeing Snake makes me think anything could happen now. That along with the fact that there's going to be 1-2 more 3rd party characters, along with Sonic's addition is affirmation that any character that has even the slightest relation to Nintendo could join.

By the way, even though Kojima and Sakurai are good friends, Snake's inclusion isn't based solely on that. Sakurai would not put a character in the game if he didn't think it wouldn't fit. Ultimately, it was Sakurai's descision to put Snake in, and no one elses. While Kojima brought the idea up, Sakurai is the one who said "Yes", so just keep that in mind...

Having said that, 3rd party appearances are looking bright!
That's correct; In the end, it's up to Sakurai. If he wants a character that badly in Brawl, there's nothing to stop him.

Sorry for not replying in a long time. Been real busy. ;)

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I dont wanna say anything but...

I like DMC...

and that is a very nice moveset.
Thank ya! :)

oh yeah, thanks a lot odin. after seeing that moveset, I suddenly want dante in brawl, even though he stands little chance ;o;
:confused: Uh... sorry? XD

Thanks for the compliments on the moveset though. ^ ^

mclov13

Smash Rookie
dante would be a pretty awesome character...well i think that for the 3rd party characters dante could be one to fill the slots(another one is sonic=) and i still need to find one more character to fill my third) but also since he has been in a nintedo system he has a chance of making it as a nintedo character
that moveset is pretty detailed and awesome
so wait when u said that the guy doesnt want anyone with guns in the game is he gunna get rid of fox(maybe falco)'s gun?
thats like one of his trademark moves
plus i think snake is having one of his either down a/bs as a bazooka shot into the ground so they could put in Ebony and Ivory...those guns are so awesome
yeah maybe in the story mode for it they have like a boss battle at the end against either Vergil or (if i remember correctly) their father

Conker1

Smash Ace
Sorry man, but he has zero chance. Even though it'd be cool to see him.

If a Capcom character got in it would be

-Leon Kennedy, starred in one of the Gamecube's best games and the creator of RE is friends with Sakurai
-Ryu, he's the father of fighting games and it's rumored Street Fighter is getting a relaunch next year.
-Megaman, I don't think he deserves it, but some people do. He's popular.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
dante would be a pretty awesome character...well i think that for the 3rd party characters dante could be one to fill the slots(another one is sonic=) and i still need to find one more character to fill my third) but also since he has been in a nintedo system he has a chance of making it as a nintedo character
that moveset is pretty detailed and awesome
so wait when u said that the guy doesnt want anyone with guns in the game is he gunna get rid of fox(maybe falco)'s gun?
thats like one of his trademark moves
plus i think snake is having one of his either down a/bs as a bazooka shot into the ground so they could put in Ebony and Ivory...those guns are so awesome
yeah maybe in the story mode for it they have like a boss battle at the end against either Vergil or (if i remember correctly) their father
Ah, but Fox/Falco's is a blaster. A laser blaster to be precise; not a gun that shoots bullets.

Sorry man, but he has zero chance. Even though it'd be cool to see him.

If a Capcom character got in it would be

-Leon Kennedy, starred in one of the Gamecube's best games and the creator of RE is friends with Sakurai
-Ryu, he's the father of fighting games and it's rumored Street Fighter is getting a relaunch next year.
-Megaman, I don't think he deserves it, but some people do. He's popular.
I understand your feelings towards Dante; However:

I disagree on your Capcom rep; at least your thoughts towards Megaman.

Leon; While cool, has appeared exclusively on a Nintendo system, once. He also uses guns, and I don't think that would warrant him a ticket in.

Ryu, while having a strong chance, and strong foundation for Street Fighter set on the SNES, has a decent and strong chance.

Megaman, is the most deserving of the Capcom reps. He started out on the NES, and everygame (for the most part, sans 2 of them) has since been on a Nintendo system (now that we have collectors editions).

mclov13

Smash Rookie
I don't think that they should add any street fighter characters or superheroes cause that would just be stupid and kinda ruin the game for me.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
DMC 4 looks mad sick awesome. i just downloaded a new(ish) trailer and got the vibe so i decided to post here. yea its unlikely, but its a fun concept. and he'd be good because his taunts would be more annoying (is that even possible?!?!?) than the skip's!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's not 100% impossible, but we will just have to see. I don't hate Dante (actually, it would be a little cool if he was on there), but his chances on there is pretty slim.

Okysho

Smash Ace
The first, and most important (if not, the ONLY) rule is that the character in question MUST have been on a Nintendo system. Your first thought, I'm sure, is,

"But O D I N!! Dante hasn't been on a Nintendo system! You silly noob!"

Not true my friends. Not true at all...

On April 24, 2007 (December 14, 2006 for Japan), a little game called SNK Vs Capcom: Card Fighters DS for the Nintendo DS came out. Dante, is a playable character/card you can aquire in this game.
Actually the rule is that he had to STAR in a game that was on a nintendo system (if he isn't a nintendo character to begin with) so actually... that doesn't really apply... Also... by the looks of things, Sakurai is doing his best to make this game child frienndly, else he wouldn't have given it the "Kirby Air Ride" look and since DMC is rated M, that probably means they'd tone him down IF he were even considered for brawl, 3rd, We all know that Snakes main weapons are GUNS but there arn'et really any of them in this game is there? Well that's because Sakurai didn't want any flying bullets in his game! I'm pretty sure that was stated in the blog after he announced Kojima begged Snake to be in brawl and the his moves would be modified so that there were no guns...

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
While Dante has no chance of being in Brawl since he has never been on a Nintendo console, I believe he is a really cool character who should be in.

Top Bottom