• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dante (from DMC) for Brawl! READ FIRST POST PLEASE!!

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Actually the rule is that he had to STAR in a game that was on a nintendo system (if he isn't a nintendo character to begin with) so actually... that doesn't really apply... Also... by the looks of things, Sakurai is doing his best to make this game child frienndly, else he wouldn't have given it the "Kirby Air Ride" look and since DMC is rated M, that probably means they'd tone him down IF he were even considered for brawl, 3rd, We all know that Snakes main weapons are GUNS but there arn'et really any of them in this game is there? Well that's because Sakurai didn't want any flying bullets in his game! I'm pretty sure that was stated in the blog after he announced Kojima begged Snake to be in brawl and the his moves would be modified so that there were no guns...
Soo...one must star in a game to be in Brawl? Sheik officially has frames for her in Brawl, as well as Gannondorf. Sheik only appeared in one game, and wasn't even the star of it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Soo...one must star in a game to be in Brawl? Sheik officially has frames for her in Brawl, as well as Gannondorf. Sheik only appeared in one game, and wasn't even the star of it.
You sir... are

GANNON-BANNED!!!

On topic; This is very true for Sheik, however, while Sheik wasn't the star of the game, Zelda was (at least more than Sheik), and Zelda and Sheik are one in the same.

iMichael

Smash Lord
ODIN I'm with you bro, but I think if Nintendo and Capcom are talking Brawl it goes like this...

1. Megaman
2. Viewtiful Joe
3. Dante

That's how I honestly think it's going to go, I love DMC and I have all the games. I just don't see Dante ahead of Megaman and Viewtiful Joe.

Again, I'm with you on the whole Dante in Brawl thing but it's a slim chance. Maybe take out Ebony and Ivory and give him his guitar so that he can rock out and have bats all over the place. =D

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
Devil May Cry 3 is one of the best games of all time. (With that said) Dante would most likely have his Devil transformation as a Final Smash. *God that would rule all hell!*

iMichael

Smash Lord
Don't forget Ryu/Ken.
Why would they take two of their best "fighting" characters and put them in Brawl.(that sounded so stupid). They are already big and popular(I guess) in another fighting game. It's kind of hard for me to explain, but Ryu and Ken don't even have a shot at Brawl. They need to stick to their fighting games. Grrr....I wish I could explain it better:urg:

Ryu/Ken ARE fighting game veterans. It only makes sense that they have a chance higher than Viewtiful Joe and Dante. It would be referential to the fact that they are fighting game veterans, so I can't imagine how being fighting game reps hurts their chances in a fighting game.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Ryu/Ken ARE fighting game veterans. It only makes sense that they have a chance higher than Viewtiful Joe and Dante. It would be referential to the fact that they are fighting game veterans, so I can't imagine how being fighting game reps hurts their chances in a fighting game.
Well if that's the case, we should just ask them to add in Scorpion and Sub-Zero. They started with SNES, what wrong with them? You see how characters like that wouldn't fit into Brawl. Ryu and Ken just don't fit, so stop with that.

...So basically, a guy who kills people on a regular basis, an extremely realistic character, fits in better than fighters in a FIGHTING game.

So basically, because Sub-Zero and Scorpion would not fit, no character from a fighting game could ever be featured in any SSB game.

If Need for Speed can't get in because it wouldn't fit as a level as it's too realistic, does that also mean that Mario Kart's level can't be in because one other racing game cannot?

iMichael

Smash Lord
Ok lets just end this....

Dante has a better chance of getting in than Ryu and Ken.

Megaman has the best chance of getting in at all.

Dante has never had an important role on any Nintendo system in the history of time.

Ryu/Ken are the stars of the game that is considered one of the most influential fighting games ever created.

The SNES was the first console SF ever appeared on.

Just because you say "let's end this" doesn't mean you did anything to "end" it.

You've provided literally no evidence that Ryu/Ken absolutely could not appear in the SSB series.

The fact that you've clearly lost the debate is what "ends" this, not you presenting your own opinion as Sakurai's.

iMichael

Smash Lord
lol Why would RYU and KEN appear in Brawl? Like I said, Dante does have chance to appear in Brawl and ODIN proved it. Ryu and Ken are the stars of "their" fighting game so let that be that. SmashBros. is grabbing different characters from different games to bring them to a fighting game(notice anyone on the roster from a fighting game so far?). Dante, Viewtiful Joe and Megaman most likely have a better chance. You keep arguing with me like Ryu and Ken are both going to be in and they are not. Ken and Ryu can stick to Marvel vs. Capcom(their version smashbros.?). A Link to the Snitch....this is over.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say it blew my mind that Dante has actually appeared on a nintendo console. Also, I would be happy as **** if dante made it in, but I seriously doubt he would be in. Even if Ryu made it in, I would be ecstatic. Basically, I just don't want Capcom's rep (if they have one) to be Megaman.

They're not?

Unless Sakurai is standing behind you agreeing that fighting game characters don't belong in Brawl, your "they're not going to be in!" statement holds no weight.

There's no precedence to say that fighting characters can't get into Smash Bros. If Nintendo's biggest series was a fighter, the star would get in.

iMichael

Smash Lord
*sigh*

lol whatever dude...say what you wanna say. I know they aren't going to be in Brawl and that's that. Now are you really going to sit here and argue with me and say they are?

You are arguing that it is impossible.

You've never once provided any evidence that they could not be in any game in the series.

So, fun fact: The whole "not knowing anything about anything we don't know about Brawl" should probably hint us to the fact that you don't know that Ryu/Ken cannot be in this series.

iMichael

Smash Lord
You are arguing that it is impossible.

You've never once provided any evidence that they could not be in any game in the series.

So, fun fact: The whole "not knowing anything about anything we don't know about Brawl" should probably hint us to the fact that you don't know that Ryu/Ken cannot be in this series.
Feb. 10, 2008 will tell all. Bye Bye

Yes, it will tell all.

And "all" is something that you in particular do not have a privy to.

Your only reasoning is that because Ryu/Ken are fighters, they can't be in this game. Even though Sakurai has never said anything in the history of time (in public) that would suggest such a thing.

You've argued that he cannot be in Brawl, while I've never argued that he could - merely he could be in the series, and that if Mega Man wasn't a potential candidate and Ryu/Ken were, then they could get in over Dante or Viewtiful Joe. Dante's had one role which was literally 99% unimportant and just a reference to the Playstation/Xbox exclusive title. Viewtiful Joe has had four games - the first was great, the second was great, the third sucked, and the DS game was good. However, all four were disappointments. On top of that, the developer was completely dissolved. If Sakurai went to Capcom, let's just assume that they'd give them assets from their most important series (Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, etc.) over less important series like Viewtiful Joe or Devil May Cry (for Nintendo, that is). Capcom is interested in promoting its primary franchises - this is the same reason we got Snake and Sonic instead of Goemon or Samba de Amigo.

courte

Smash Lord
i suppose if the shots are as visible as the super shots but that might be reserved for the sequel

also i noticed a lack of pistol whips

and i agree with odin i remember seeing the super flame hate thread somewhere else; my albino mama's house... go there

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
I'm not here to flame, but...

The fact that a character has been on a Nintendo console is NOT the only requirement for a character getting into Brawl...

This is a fighting game for the icons of Nintendo. While the meaning of this is up to debate, the most clear definition I can get is that it's a game for those characters who are literally the mascots of Nintendo (Mario, DK, Link), the icons of games that are important to Nintendo's repertoire (Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon), or icons of games/systems tahat are important to Nintendo's past (Ice Climbers, Pit, Mr. Game and Watch).

The person you keep comparing Dante to is Snake. While Snake did not begin on a Nintendo system, his worldwide appeal did. It also doesn't hurt that one of Sakurai's best friends is Snake's creator, though you discard that fact. Finally, we already have a Playstation-based character to bring fanboys over to a Nintendo system. Sakurai might consider two excessive.

While Snake has done little for Nintendo, Dante has done next to nothing.

Sorry, and thank you.

courte

Smash Lord
I'm not here to flame, but...

The fact that a character has been on a Nintendo console is NOT the only requirement for a character getting into Brawl...

This is a fighting game for the icons of Nintendo. While the meaning of this is up to debate, the most clear definition I can get is that it's a game for those characters who are literally the mascots of Nintendo (Mario, DK, Link), the icons of games that are important to Nintendo's repertoire (Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon), or icons of games/systems tahat are important to Nintendo's past (Ice Climbers, Pit, Mr. Game and Watch).

The person you keep comparing Dante to is Snake. While Snake did not begin on a Nintendo system, his worldwide appeal did. It also doesn't hurt that one of Sakurai's best friends is Snake's creator, though you discard that fact. Finally, we already have a Playstation-based character to bring fanboys over to a Nintendo system. Sakurai might consider two excessive.

While Snake has done little for Nintendo, Dante has done next to nothing.

Sorry, and thank you.
wait wait are you serious or are you saying the original metal gears count for hog sweat

and it's not completely unlikely that IF and a big if dante appeared in smash it could be in the same realm as roy, as a form of promotion for a future game to be released on a nintendo concole

if you or anyone else would say theres no way of that happening, can you think of any unlikely capcom series that DID appear on a gba?? it's probably on the tip of your tongue

and just who is this playstation based fanboy, because if i remember correctly snake did start on a nes

courte

Smash Lord
can we at least state one rule

please no one say "he won''t get in!!" "_____ fTW!!" i think we're already using that as a base thought whenever we come to this thread it only waste a post to state what is considered by majority, that which is likely

courte

Smash Lord
Bear with me here people

A Dante moveset based entirely on his DMC3 appearance -- I Apologize to everyone in advance, and for nothing.

R/S - Rebellion or a Sword
C - Cerebus
AR - Agni and Rudra
N - Nevan (Don't worry it won't popup much:()
B - Beowulf

Unless in grabs, al' gun attacks have a personal range--I.E. Do not travel far.
Pistol, Kalina Ann, Shotgun, Spiral, Artemis

A: 1 - A quick poke with his right hand... B
A,A: 1,2 - Followed by a straight with his left... B
A,A,A: 1,2,3! - Finished off with a high kick straight into the air. B
A,A,A Rep: Beowulf Combo Type II - The last kick is replaced by a flurry of Kicks as Dante stands in a crane stance. B
Dash Attack: Jet Stream Lv. 1 - Dante pulls out the twin blade while running and quickly slashes them in a diagnol cross, one at a time. AR

F-Tilt: Whirlwind Lvl 1 AR
U-Tilt: Beast Uppercut R
D-Tilt: Ground Check - Tune Up N

F-Smash: Hyper Fist
U-Smash: Slight Dashing Uppercut, Then High Kick
D-Smash: Volcano to the ground B

B: Short Bullet Bust- Close Range Gun Attack
Ebony and Ivory fire blanks but the blast emitted from the tips of the pistols does damage. Charged shots do more damage and have a larger blast area. Pistols are rapid firing and slow your descent; 8 shots in a row-max 6 charged. Each level is 3 charged shots.

Side B: Burst Stinger - Dante Slams forward with arm fully outstretched, Rebellion poised in stabbing position. High knockback. Can be used in air, will be propelled forward by a magic rune. Will use Any of his many swords; Rebellion, Vendetta, Merciless.

Down B: Block and Charge/Drive - Dante assumes a defensive postion, after holding for a short while(half a second) he will relax and grab onto his sword, which is still on his back. If attacked while in the beginning of this technique, he will take no damage and he will be charged. After that, any attacks will slightly reduce damage and will have punishing knockback. Press R/L to store charge, release B to use Drive.
---Drive---
Dante swings Rebellion upward, sending out a small wave of energy, the longer you hold the quicker he gets it out. Charging this move will make the wave larger and travel further.
A maximum of three charges can be held. This effects the power/range of a few of his b attacks. Level 2 Sword will go through first release and glow red/Guns will glow red. Level 3 Sword and guns will glow red and and trickle with dark electricity.

Up B: Air hike raid / Rune glyph - A magic circle appears under Dante for one second and propels him upwards at an amazing height, with so much speed and force to even touch him is an act of self abuse; as Dante ascends he pulls out his shotgun up and performs Fireworks all the way up(Nunchuka Action + Shotgun-only damages characters in contact with, once again shooting blanks) or Cerebus and performs flicker. Dante is vulnerable during decent, and this attack moves him slower vertically if used in air.

Yet to be finished
Diablo Perfecto

Grab
Attack: Dante Shoots you in the stomach with E+I
FThrow: Dante Shoots you in the stomach with the shotgun decent knockback, then immediately shoots you again as you start to fly away with Spiral, performing a stylish twirl shooting5 times in directions, which all end up hitting the opponent
BThrow: Dante toss you behind without looking at you and then you are peppered with shots from artemis
UThrow: Dante stabs you with Kalina Ann, points it straight up and shoots you on a rocket. After a short while, Dante will shoot zodiac straight up.
DThrow: Dante will sword pierce you to the ground and shoot Spiral Straigh up 3 times. All the bullets come down and hit you, then you flop up as he removes the sword.

N-Air - Tune-up + Type 3 Combo, 2 hit. N
D-Air - Rain Storm E+I
U-Air - Swing Reverse C
B-Air - Back Kick
F-Air - Crossed Swords

i apologize if i leave out anyones fave attack omg

Final Smash: Devil Trigger - Perfect Diablo Performance

Dante goes DT, with a brand new model for his inner devil. In this mode all of his attacks are modified and he only uses his sword. He has air raid, and in air vortex is his Side-B, and thunder bolt is his new Up-B, as he jets upward, he leaves a trail of lightning, which if used in air, will quickly travel to the ground. His attacks are purple in air, blue on the ground, yellow if grab, and red if smashed. His sword will be random; Either Force Edge, Rebillion or Sparda. The only issue remaining is if he should have Ifrit as will for some of the air attacks and if he should have as a grab...

Dance Macabre

I really need your opinions or feedback thank you

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i think he has a slight chance, ive at least watched people play the game and ive seen the anime and it got me thinking he would make a cool brawl character, then i saw that composer on the music list that also did DMC. He looks like a fun character to play as too.

courte

Smash Lord
oh god i wish he did but he doesn't fit an important requirement -- appear on a nintendo platform, which is sad considering most of his capcom brethren have been

Onimusha
Megaman
Street Fighter
Resident Evil
Viewtiful Joe i believe

Also edited movelist

---------------------------------------------------------------
Perfecto Diablo Performance

Press B button to choose which secondary weapon.
All Air attacks are jump Cancelled :D

A, A, A - Two Diagonal Swings, followed by a vertical downward hard finish
A, delay A, A, A rep. - Dante Performs Type II Rebellion Combo into million Stab
Dash Attacks - Jam Session or Feedback-Crawler- Dashing Straight-Dashing Crystal

U-Tilt - High Time
F-Tilt - Propshredder
D-Tilt - Million Carats(Contained Field)-Bat Storm-Million Slash, low-Killer Bee; Quick Foot

Nuetral Air - Hyper Satelite-Sky Dance Fall-Feedback-Hammer

Top Bottom