• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dante (from DMC) for Brawl! READ FIRST POST PLEASE!!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Your first thought is probably, why the @#$% is this noob posting something like this?

First off, no noob present here.

Secondly, I'm not just some random joe schmoe who has wishful thinking (I mean, I think it'd be cool...). The odds of Dante getting into brawl are slim, but allow me, if you will, to point out some facts here...

First, and most important, lets go over the facts that require a 3rd party character to be considered for Brawl.

The first, and most important (if not, the ONLY) rule is that the character in question MUST have been on a Nintendo system. Your first thought, I'm sure, is,

"But O D I N!! Dante hasn't been on a Nintendo system! You silly noob!"

Not true my friends. Not true at all...

On April 24, 2007 (December 14, 2006 for Japan), a little game called SNK Vs Capcom: Card Fighters DS for the Nintendo DS came out. Dante, is a playable character/card you can aquire in this game.

That, is the shoe in. It's a very, VERY small chance for Dante to appear, but he meets the requirement of being on a Nintendo System. As I said, it's a very small chance, and I acknowledge that this will still most likely not happen. But then again... how many other characters are people suggesting for Brawl? Hmm? Moving on.

On May 22, of this year, we got one of our first updates from Sakurai, with this post...

Sakurai said:
This is dangerous. It's a little risky.
If you're wondering what I'm talking about, it's the line-up of musicians who are contributing to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Just take a look at this list!

Name-Works
Akihiro Honda-(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.) Metal Gear Solid 4:
Guns Of The Patriots /Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Arata Iiyoshi-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon /beatmania II DX
Asuka Ohta-(Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros. /Yoshi Touch&Go
Hajime Wakai-(Nintendo) Pikmin series / Star Fox series
Jun Fukuda-(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / contact
Kazumi Totaka-(Nintendo) Animal Crossing series / Yoshi series
Keigo Ozaki-(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) PROJECT SYLPHEED
Kenichi Okuma-Melty Lancer series / Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 3
Kenji Ito-ROMANCING SAGA series / CULDCEPT SAGA
Kenji Yamamoto-(Nintendo) Super Metroid / Metroid Prime series
Kentaro Ishizaka-(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) -
Koji Hayama-Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2
Koji Kondo-(Nintendo) Super Mario Bros. series / The Legend of Zelda series
Masaaki Iwasaki-MOTHER3 / Chelnov (Genesis)
Masafumi Takada-(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND
Masato Kouda-Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry
Michiko Naruke-Wild Arms series
Minako Hamano-(Nintendo) Metroid Fusion
Motoi Sakuraba-Golden Sun series / Mario Golf & Tennis series
Noriyuki Iwadare-GRANDIA series
Ryoji Yo****omi-(Nintendo) WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Microgame$!
Seiji Momoi-METEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods
Shogo Sakai-(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) Super Smash Bros. Melee / MOTHER3
Shota Kageyama-Luminous Arc
Takahiro Nishi-(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) GRANDIA series / PROJECT SYLPHEED
Tomoko Sasaki-(TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS
Toru Minegishi-(Nintendo) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Toshiyuki Sudo-(Nintendo) Everybody Votes Channel
Tsukasa Masuko-Star Force / Magical Starsign
Yasufumi Fukuda-Kamaitachi no Yoru 2
Yasunori Mitsuda-(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
Yoko Shimomura-Kingdom Hearts series
Yuka Tsujiyoko-Fire Emblem series
Yusuke Takahama-(TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.) Digital Pinball series
Yutaka Iraha-(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) SYLPHEED series
Yuzo Koshiro- (ANCIENT) ActRaiser / Street of Rage
Masato Kouda-Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry

Now, why would I point this out? This doesn't confirm anything either. In fact, it confirms nothing. But what we do know (even though I couldn't find much info on this guy. Nothing on Wikipedia, and little around google unless it was a music download site) is that he has worked on Capcom games, Monster Hunter and Devil May Cry. It's yet again, a chance that something COULD happen, but it's a smaller chance than the DS game he was on.

My next question I'm sure you're asking (aside from why is this guy still talking, or why is this even posted), is "Why is he Brawl material?"

Well, let's look at Dante as a character. Dante is a Brawler at heart (see what I did there?). He has a giant sword, a c ocky attitude, and guns. Now, I remember Sakurai saying that guns most likely wouldn't be in Brawl, odds are not at all. But Dante without Ebony and Ivory is Snake without his Bandana. It's just weird.

Anyway, Dante could be an interesting character for Brawl. With his own unique style, stylish acrobatics, and in your face attitude, he'd be a fun addition to the Brawl universe.

On a different thread (Wiseguys's Brawl Predictions) I posted a potential moveset. It's nothing set in stone, and is a potential moveset, based around Dante and how his character works. I tried to keep it as close to DMC as possible, without getting an M rating. ;)

And if you think M ratings will stop a character from getting into Brawl, ALL of the MGS games have been rated M.

Anyway, onto the moveset...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dante

Potential moveset by O D I N:

Height: 4/5
Weight: 3/5
Attack Power: 4/5
Grab Range: 2/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 5/5
Falling Speed: 3/5

"A" moves:

A: Quick downward slash with the sword, brought down from over his shoulder.
AA: A rising slash, right after the first slash.
AAA: Charges forward(much like C.Falcon) with his sword poised behind him, and thrusts forward for a strong hit, shouting "Stinger!", and proceeds to execute rapid jabs with the sword. Pressing or holding the A button will continue jabbing, until the button is released or stops being pressed. It'll take 2-3 stabs for the jabbing to stop.
F-tilt: A move very similiar to marth's U-tilt, only the hitbox is in front, and Dante turns completely around while performing this move. Much like a roundhouse, only with a sword.
U-tilt: Stabs upward. Nothing to special here.
D-tilt: A low, but quick sweeping move with his leg. Easy to combo with, and one of his faster moves.

Dash-A: Dante rushes forward, and performs a shoulder tackle motion, rolling along the ground and rising to his feet after the attack.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Dante brings his sword around his back, much like holding a baseball bat. When he swings, he hits his opponent with the flat of the sword, screaming, "FOOOOOOOOOOOoouUUURR!!!" High Knockback, considerable damage, but slow.
Up Smash: Dante begins to hold the sword in a lower stance, and after the charge, raises the sword in an arc in an upward angle (think Marth's Nair, only up. At this angle ---> /). If someone needs me to explain this, I can try. :-?
Down Smash: Dante holds his sword above his head, ready to stab the ground. After the charge is released, Dante stabs the ground, and whips himself around the sword for one complete turning, yelling "WAHOO!!". Think Neo, in Matrix two.

Aerials:

Nair: Swings his sword in front of him, using both arms to move the sword and back and forth, over his head, than rising strike, and a horizontal slash. This move is fast, and can be spammed to slow decent. It won't stop it, but slow it down a little (just like in the games). After 3 swings, he will drop at a normal rate, until the attack is used again. While swinging, Dante will have no horizontal movement. This move works much like a basic air attack.

Fair: Strong slash from overhead, resulting in a cartwheel like motion. The tip of the sword at the lowest angle just before being completely down will result in a meteor smash. The rest of the slash will result in normal knockback.

Uair: Dante performs a backflip with sword held across his body, performing a backwards slash from the direction he's facing. Very similar to Marth's Uair, only slower.

Bair: Dante spins in a circle, slashing the air behind him. This move will not turn Dante around. This move is quick, and his fastest aerial manuever.

Dair: Dante begins to fall, head first, and slashes the air infront of him twice. The first hit has no knockback, and little damage %. The second hit is a spike, with decent damage and knockback. After the second swing, Dante begins to bring his legs to his feet, and lands in a crouched position. It'll take about 1 second for the lag to wear off.

B moves:

B button: Dante draws Ebony and Ivory, and fires away. These shots will have as much knockback and stun rate as a Super Scope would. However, being that Dante is the c ocky SoB that he is, taunts after about ten shots or so. Classic lines include:
"Come on! Bring it!"
"You want this? YOU WANT THIS?!"
"Let's dance, sugar."
"Aww... Yeah!"
"...Groovy..."
"Who wants some?!"
The shots do 1-2% each hit, out of 10-15 shots (debatable, I think ten would work best). The taunts take 2-3 seconds, before he can fire again. (This move is debatable, as I know Sakurai didn't want Snake to have a gun in Brawl, but Dante without Ebony and Ivory is like Snake without his Bandana).
In the air, Dante shoots at a diagonial in front of him, but like the projectory of Ness' PK Fire from the air.

Forward B: Dante charges forward with electricity in his blade, and right before he approaches his opponent, does a quick back turn, and slashes his enemy into the air, tumbling and electicuted. If Dante misses with this move, Dante will dive into a roll, and stand afterwards. His lag time will be when he stands, as he will be dazed for a second, struggling to his feet, leaning on his sword.

In the air, dante will glide forward a short distance, and slam his foe towards the ground. Dante will fly down with this move a short distance, and then into his fall animation, where he will tumble to his , or land on a platform.

Down B: Dante swings his sword about him in a wild arc in front of himself. This move will have minimal knockback, and can be used to deflect projectiles. The move works the same in the air. Decent rate is halved, but rate between button presses is slower than Nair. Also, Nair cannot be used as a deflection move.

Up B: Dante sprouts his wings, and glides up for two wing flaps, giving him a fair distance at an upward or horizontal angle. After 2 flaps, the wings disappear, and Dante tumbles forward before activating his falling animation. No damage caused in this attack, unless the opponent is hit from the first frame of the wings being drawn. Minimal knockback and damage.

Jump: Dante jumps off the ground with considerable range. A jump forward will be no different from a jump straight off the ground, while a jump backward results in a backflip.
Double jump: Dante does a flip in the air, much like a barrel roll, and gains some more distance. The flip varies on direction.

Grabs:
Dante reaches out with his left arm, and grabs his opponent.

Jabs:
Dante smacks his opponent with the hilt of his sword, causing 2-3% each hit.
Fthrow:
Dante brings his opponent behind him, doing a quick crow-hop while saying, "The wind up..." Dante then chucks his opponent forward, shouting, "The pitch!" his opponent landing a decent distance away. The highest knockback out of the throws. If an opponent is KO'd from this manuever (within 2 seconds, i.e., they fly to the horizontal limit), Dante shouts, "It's good!!" Opponent has the chance to wiggle out much like Kirby's B-throw (It's only fair). If there is no kill, nothing is said.
Uthrow: Dante hurls his opponent up into the air with a toss from his left arm. He then fires a few rounds at his opponent, juggling them in the air. 5 shots. Not very high knockback, but not very low. High enough so that at 0-5% the opponent is high enough to be juggled.
Bthrow: The enemy is propped up behind Dante, who pops into the air level at chest level, then dropkicks the dazed foe while firing both his pistols into said enemy's face.
Dthrow: The enemy's dropped to the ground, then is "surfed upon" for a few feet, before being kicked away in the opposite direction (surf forward, kicked backward, so you can't cheap people off edges). Dante's typical "WHOO!!" is shouted during this animation. Variations include:
"WHOO!"
"WHOOHOOHOOHOO!!"
"AWW YEAH!!"
"SURF'S UP!!"
"LOOK MA! NO HANDS!"

Final Smash: Devil Trigger.

Dante activates his Devil Trigger, glowing red with swirls of red lightning around him. Dante is faster, stronger, his jumps have improved, and he gets a third flap on his up+B. His jab attack is faster as well, but is only 1% stronger compared to the normal jab attack. He also moves considerably farther on his towards b. He is invincible during this time as in he won't take any extra damage, but can still suffer knockback if he is hit with any other attacks (keeping it as close to DMC as possible). Percentage is taken into account on his knockback from hits (example, if he was at 80%, he'd still fly back as if he was at 80%, regardless of Devil Trigger). The length of this FS is left to debate, but would be based off of the time used in Bowser's transformation into Giga Bowser, or other transformation FS that haven't yet been revealed. His voice also changes with the Devil Trigger, giving it more of a devilish tone to it.

Taunt: Dante puts his sword on his shoulder, and makes the "bring it" motion with his other hand, while saying, "Let's do this!"

Kirby Hat Kirby gets silver hair, resembling Dante’s. His eyes are also red.

Winning pose one: Dante is firing his guns of screen in a gun-fu like manner; over the back, spin, etc., while screaming "WoooooooHOOooooo!!" After he finishes firing, he lowers the guns, smoke pouring out of the barrels. He also has a grin on his face. "That was fun!!"

Winning pose two: Dante can't be seen. Offscreen, from stage left, Dante jumps in, swinging his sword in front of him, holding the sword behind him in a final pose as he is crouched on the ground.

Winning pose three: Dante slides in while riding the back of a random wireframe (male or female. Also, it can be a Mii, if Mii's replace wireframes. It can also be a Redead, if we want the closest thing to a demon in the Nintendoverse). He's spinning in circles firing his gun randomly, while the wireframe/Mii/Redead is struggling to get out of the surfing position. Dante is of course shouting his "WooHooHooHoo!!" while riding. After a couple spins, Dante looks at the screen, holding the guns up, barrels smoking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was only a potential moveset, and merely an idea of how a character like Dante could work.

Well, feel free to discuss. I’m up for a good debate. I expect flaming, but if we could be reasonable about it, I’d appreciate it.

And if you've made it this far, and read everything, I'd like to at least thank you for reading.

~ O D I N

WR3K

Smash Ace
idk man, his DS appearance is WAY too small, and just his whole character and backround isnt something the DEV team would even consider acquiring a license for

WR3K

Smash Ace
sakurai and kojima are also very good friends, and kojima asked for him to be in melee....

AND was on a nintendo system, gamecube AND nes, idk maybe snes too

dante= breif appearance in a DS game and has no ties with sakurai

plus, sakurai designed KIRBY, does it seem like he would be amazed by dante?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I agree, the chance is VERY small. But in the same respect, look at Snake's background.

Snake is a mercenary/terrorist (depending on how you look at it, from MGS2) for hire. And he's a clone (technically). :shrug: It's a little different from Dante, but still a little far fetched.

Look at Samus. She's a merc/bounty hunter (you can argue they're the same proffesion) who hunts down aliens. Differences aplenty. But same idea.

I think if Capcom wanted to get on the bandwagon for Brawl, they'd at least try for Megaman and Viewtiful Joe for sure. But I think deep down, they'd wanna find a way to get one of their/video gamings most popular characters into one of/the most popular fighting game.

Besides. It's another thing we Sony fanboys would cry over. ;)

Thanks for reading it though. I appreciate it. :)

EDIT:
Well, it's possible he could be impressed by him. :shrug: I agree, Sakurai and Kojima are close friends. I don't know what Sakurai's relationship or even Kojima's relationship with others could be. I don't have much else to offer on that last statement WR3K. But who knows what Sakurai is thinking. ;)

Black/Light

Smash Master
@WR3
1. When did it become some rule that w/e dev person has to be friends with Sakurai to get their character in? They only have to ask and things will get kicked around from there (Nintendo said that they have to ask Nintendo if they want their character in).

2. Snake = MA games.

3. Sakurai also redesigned Fox yet didn't make him look all Kirby-ish. I don't see how you can tell his over all teast just by a game series he use to make:ohwell:.

Dante has a chance like any other 3rd party thats been on a Nintendo system. . . and brovo to you for finding it :p.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well it could happen seeing how the people from Capcom and the DMC series are doing some of the Smash Bros. music in the game. It's a stretch, but I wouldn't complain if he's in the game!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Well it could happen seeing how the people from Capcom and the DMC series are doing some of the Smash Bros. music in the game. It's a stretch, but I wouldn't complain if he's in the game!
My thoughts exactly. :)

I think he'd be a very fun character. Fun to play as, a constant taunter:chuckle:, and it's Dante! One of the baddest MoFo's around.

Thanks for reading. :)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Odin, bro, u definately are anything but a noob. You've done your research! Man if the +rep system was back on I'd so +rep you.

Hmmm....if only Vergil could be on the game too....

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Odin, bro, u definately are anything but a noob. You've done your research! Man if the +rep system was back on I'd so +rep you.

Hmmm....if only Vergil could be on the game too....

Thanks Shade. ;) I appreciate it.

Vergil is kinda pushin it. ;) But he was pretty cool.

If there was a story mode, and Dante was in it, a cameo could work, in theory.

Then again, a cameo wouldn't be nessecary either.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Thanks Shade. ;) I appreciate it.

Vergil is kinda pushin it. ;) But he was pretty cool.

If there was a story mode, and Dante was in it, a cameo could work, in theory.

Then again, a cameo wouldn't be nessecary either.
No no, thank you for creatin such a beyond awesomeness thread bro!!

I know Vergil is pushin it, but still, twin ownage is betta than solo ownage! Hmmm.....he could be one of Dante's costumes or an assist character trophy, but......

....if they make Dante as an assist character trophy.....someone's gonna get shanked!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
No no, thank you for creatin such a beyond awesomeness thread bro!!

I know Vergil is pushin it, but still, twin ownage is betta than solo ownage! Hmmm.....he could be one of Dante's costumes or an assist character trophy, but......

....if they make Dante as an assist character trophy.....someone's gonna get shanked!
I suppose that is a possibility too. I can see a LOT of 3rd party chars being AT's. :-?

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
That is quite possible, it doesn't matter on what small appearance you appear into the Nintendo Franchise, Ds is good enough for most people. but then again, as i usually do, that would take out another 3rd party slot.... which theres only 3, and snake is one of them....
so i don't know there might be some characters I would like to see that are third party but sadly Dante isn't one of them...

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
but it would be great if there were more than 3 3rd parties... but then again it would lose its "All-Star" feel. not just anybody can get in, but if you have "All-Star" qualities, then you just might, which Dante does, but, i do say that he might not have such a Fan-base on the Nintendo side.. maybe on the Play Station side, but not quite sure for Nintendo fan boy/girls (maybe girls...)

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That's very true. I'd like to think there's a large fanbase for Dante on the Nintendo side. I'm sure a lot of people own ps2's and 360's along with their Nintendo systems, and are still gung-ho for Nintendo (like myself. ;))

As far as Nintendo only, it's hard to say. I can't speak for them. I certainly know some people who'd play Brawl if Dante was in it. ;) But a very good point. Thank you yaung. :)

Woo! Page 2! \m/>.<\m/

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
That is true, as i saw something on this forum, some one said that they bought the Wii just because Snake was in Brawl, and others say they were glad that they bought the Wii because snake was on the Brawl game(which Snake is still in his "All-Star" position making people buy systems(such as MGS4) but i can see your point people buy some systems just because they have characters they love on it. so actually with that in mind, many people would start to go Pro Wii because Dante is in Brawl, that would be quite interesting....

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
Well, then lets make it even more Magnificent!, if he were to be in it and have the moves you say, that would be quite good, and the more popularity and advertising for the Wii would skyrocket the system and it wont be sold anywhere(as such it is right now...) but with the extra fans and such, they might be able to make another smash maybe? that would be quite interesting for another smash to be on the same system, it is breaking new ground in fact, but that would just be a waist right?
they should do it the Xbox way, send out a download(via the Wii shop channel) and it will be a patch for the game. With new characters and stages and such. if he doesn't make it now, and if HAL decides to do the thing i just stated, ANY character might have a chance. (oh and BTW the patch cost $73,000!!!!!!!! Muhahahaha!!!!!) but a reasonable price for such a thing would depend on the contents, if it were like 2 new stages, well, it would be free, but if it were like 2 stages and a character, maybe 5-10 bucks. it seems pretty nice ,and all you have to do is wait it out like the Halo2 maps (hahaha! take that bungie!)
and of course WAYZZZ of topic, but its still about brawl! :)

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I think Dante would work in Brawl, but IMO, they should take away all/most of his spells. Like, I think Dante would be a stupid character if he had as many spells as he did in DMC. But in Brawl, I'd like to see most of his moveset be slash and shot.

Hmm..

AAA, AA, and A will be the standard weak, weak, strong; weak, weak; and weak combos that exist.

F-Smash: Slash
D-Smash: I dont know
U-Smash: I dont know

I'm thinkin D and U smashes can be generic.

D-Tilt: Shoot the ground with shotgun, can set up combos by hitting them against the ground (or can meteor spike if he's on the edge and hes intercepting an opponent under him)
U-Tilt: Shotty shot up, knocks up

^B: Idk
>B: Dual pistol shot
vB: idk
B: idk

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Indeed! This is still a brawl discussion board... area... thing... >>

Anywho, a download system of somesort would be VERY nice. I'd love for Nintendo to do something like that. If a particular character doesn't make the cut for the launch, why shouldn't they be available for download in a patch later? Or stages, items, music, anything.

I think having someone like Dante (and even Snake) would be more than enough to make other fanboys jealous (not that I think the topic should go this way), but it could certainly boost sales.

"My favorite character is in Brawl! I wanna play!"

Just an example.

Welcome xyouxarexuglyx2. I posted my potential moveset on the first page. I didn't think there were a lot of spells, if any at all.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
Reading over the move set was kinda overpowering for my tastes...
sure he should be powerful but wouldn't that make him almost impossible to obtain?
like to get Mewtwo(VERY bad example) he was hard to get and he was a good character(this would be if this were any regular game, but the ultimate character should actually be GOOD) so if Dante is this good, he should be hard to get, no? and also, i think toning down a few moves would be nice, but EVERYONE deserves a EXTREMELY powerful Fs. thats what will make this game FUN!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Not gonna happen. He's not had enough Nintendo platform action to be worth considering for Sakurai (yes, I read Sakurai's mind, **** off). I'm not going to say he couldn't have a viable sword-pwnage based moveset, but it's just not going to happen. In any case, DMC has gone downhill since the first two, in my opinion.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
chances slim but still out there, i see all over this forum like Animal Crossing for Brawl, which is, i have to say Ridiculous. some characters that cant even possibly be in brawl even in a first party game, they still think they can be in, if it can, so it be done.
and also its up to Sakurai, its probably unlikely, but its still out there. and btw, it would drag some Sony fans to the Nintendo side!(MUHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Not gonna happen. He's not had enough Nintendo platform action to be worth considering for Sakurai (yes, I read Sakurai's mind, **** off). I'm not going to say he couldn't have a viable sword-pwnage based moveset, but it's just not going to happen. In any case, DMC has gone downhill since the first two, in my opinion.
True. I raise the point that the guy who did the music for the series is working on the game. It's possible he could've said, "Hey! Dante's cool! Check him out!" Still slim, and we don't know what's going on. Everything on this board (aside from officially confirmed based threads, and even then, it's not official yet) is speculation and theories. Who knows who else will be in Brawl. I agree, Dante has a slim chance. But he has a chance. ;)

And as far as DMC going downhill, I though the second game was horrible, and I've found 3 to be a delightful challenge. Annoying character, but he's supposed to be. He's a teenager at the point.

Thank you for contributing your thoughts though. I greatly appreciate it. :) Even if it's against me. ;)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well like you said, he doesn't have that much of a chance. Yet he does have a chance will is still more than nothing.

Some moves are a bit.. eh.. And the whole thing about him shooting.. Even if you say that thing about Snake and his bandana.. Sakurai said that he had a tough time even getting Fox to have blaster the first time around. He has to make T rating for all the countries that they are releasing it in.

I also don't know about the Up+B with him sprouting wings.

And I love how much things he says..... BUT it would get irritating considering how fast gameplay can get.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I raise the rebutal of Peach, and what she says. ;) Most annoying ***** in the world.

"Oh, did I WIIiiiIIIIN?! >_>

I was trying to keep it as close to DMC as possible. For his up+B, I didn't wanna give him the Marth Up+, which in my head was the only other option. :( Thanks for the comments though! :) I appreciate it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I raise the rebutal of Peach, and what she says. ;) Most annoying ***** in the world.

"Oh, did I WIIiiiIIIIN?! >_>

I was trying to keep it as close to DMC as possible. For his up+B, I didn't wanna give him the Marth Up+, which in my head was the only other option. :( Thanks for the comments though! :) I appreciate it.
You said read the first post, not the entire thread :p

But does Peach say that after some of her moves? (I'm not sure if she does)

If not than... Not much else I can say about that.

If so.. I hate Peach anyway and hate her voice, and hate how she looks, and hate pretty much everything about her.

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
I absolutely adore the Devil May Cry series , and I had no idea that he was in a DS game [no matter how small the appearance]. I agree that Dante would be a wonderful addition to Brawl, but I'm also kind of worried about the third party spots. Snake's got one, and I'm willing to bet that Sonic does as well.

Personally, I would choose Dante over Bomberman, Megaman and all of those characters. And I congratulate you for your research. Well researched, and very interesting choice. :]

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like Dante and I think the Devil May Cry series is one of the best action games ever. But him in Brawl? I wouldn't want him there. If he can't use guns, he becomes Vergil. And Dante uses guns just as much as his sword.

I would have to say no (even though he's one of my favorite VG characters ever).

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You said read the first post, not the entire thread :p

But does Peach say that after some of her moves? (I'm not sure if she does)

If not than... Not much else I can say about that.

If so.. I hate Peach anyway and hate her voice, and hate how she looks, and hate pretty much everything about her.
Indeed, she didn't say that after all of her moves, but her high pitched whining was. ;)

She's the voice of several characters, and not just Nintendo characters. Actually, the woman who voices Peach, voices Cortana from Halo. :-O

I absolutely adore the Devil May Cry series , and I had no idea that he was in a DS game [no matter how small the appearance]. I agree that Dante would be a wonderful addition to Brawl, but I'm also kind of worried about the third party spots. Snake's got one, and I'm willing to bet that Sonic does as well.

Personally, I would choose Dante over Bomberman, Megaman and all of those characters. And I congratulate you for your research. Well researched, and very interesting choice. :]
Agreed, there are very few spots open for Brawl, but it's possible there might be more than 3. Sakurai could just be messing with us. Odds are, the 3rd party spots are gonna go to Megaman and Sonic. But if there's more, Dante would have a shot. ;) A small shot though.

I like Dante and I think the Devil May Cry series is one of the best action games ever. But him in Brawl? I wouldn't want him there. If he can't use guns, he becomes Vergil. And Dante uses guns just as much as his sword.

I would have to say no (even though he's one of my favorite VG characters ever).
Understandable. Glad you like DMC too. ;)

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
To the TC, it's your god-given right to speculate, but I personally just don't see it happening.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
highly unlikely but still out there, as for many people they want some, i hate repeating myself, Ridiculous characters to be in brawl. but to have snake, sonic, and mega man, that is very possible, but(Dante is Namco correct?) its because they have 3 different companies they represent, such as Konami, Capcom, and Sega, so replacing any one of those (hope fully sonic(MUHAHAHAHAHH!!!!) he could as well be in it, but also, does Dante FIT? sure, the mood of Smash is all but funny and silly any more since the first game, it has become quite serious...
so yes, he might fit in, but then again, a very REALISTIC humanoid, i mean Mario is basically a (if I'm using this term wrong, I'm sorry) Chibi version of a human, big head, small body, basically all "Chibi" features. but there are more detailed characters such as snake, which it is hard enough to make him look good(seriously whats with that second jump?)
thats allz i gawts to sai now...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
To the TC, it's your god-given right to speculate, but I personally just don't see it happening.
Thanks for that. ;) I also see it as an extremely slim chance of happening, if not at all. But there's still a chance. Thanks for commenting though.

dante's cameo apperance in that DS game reminded me of Cloud's minor apperance in kingdon hearts COM.....

i don't think it will happen.
Was COM the GBA version? :-? I never played it, so I can't comment on it. If Cloud was in that, he almost has as much of a chance as Dante does, if not a little more due to his popularity. Not that I'm saying I support that, but I'm playing Switzerland here. ;) Thanks for stopping by. :)

highly unlikely but still out there, as for many people they want some, i repeating myself, Ridiculous characters to be in brawl. but to have snake, sonic, and mega man, that is very possible, but(Dante is Namco correct?) its because they have 3 different companies they represent, such as Konami, Capcom, and Sega, so replacing any one of those (hope fully sonic(MUHAHAHAHAHH!!!!) he could as well be in it, but also, does Dante FIT? sure, the mood of Smash is all but funny and silly any more since the first game, it has become quite serious...
so yes, he might fit in, but then again, a very REALISTIC humanoid, i mean Mario is basically a (if I'm using this term wrong, I'm sorry) Chibi version of a human, big head, small body, basically all "Chibi" features. but there are more detailed characters such as snake, which it is hard enough to make him look good(seriously whats with that second jump?)
thats allz i gawts to sai now...

Dante is Capcom. Namco is Katamari, Soul Calibur, and Tekken.

I wouldn't say you're using Chibi wrong, but Chibi and Mario isn't my first thought. He's just a little (see what I did there. ;)) round.

I think Dante would fit, in the sense that he's got a fun attitude about him, and how he handles situations with a sense of humor. If you think about the Smash world, everything is a little far fetched. In theory, so is Dante's world. Not that it justifies his chance of getting in anymore.

As far as Sonic in Brawl, I'm gonna say what I've been saying for a long time. I don't want him in, but he has VERY high chances of being in, and I'm okay with that.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Top Bottom