• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing blade problem

kudos04

Smash Rookie
I cannot for the life of me get this move down for all 4 slices consistently. In training mode, it's really easy on 1.5x speed for some reason but slowed down, its more difficult than normal. Is it just a timing thing that I need to really practice or?

Any tips/suggestions?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Do a constant rhythm for it. It's really easy once you get it down. As long as the rhythm is constant and not outside of the time limit the game gives you to execute each move (roughly 2 seconds intervals, a lot I know), you can take it as fast or slow as you want. However, spamming B (which seems to be what you're doing), seems to limit it to the two initial moves.

You remind me of myself in Melee, but those are dark times I rather not speak of.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
No one's explaining it accurately, don't spam B is still a bit vague. Here's the deal: In melee, each slash in the dancing blade could be performed 4 different ways: up, forward, down, neutral. In brawl, however, you can only influence the direction on the first and last slash. The first can only be side of course, to start the dancing blade, and the last one can be influenced with the analog be it up, down, or neutral.

So in essence, it'll be easier to do it if you just: side b+direction, b, b, b+direction. And don't spam B while doing that XD.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
No one's explaining it accurately, don't spam B is still a bit vague. Here's the deal: In melee, each slash in the dancing blade could be performed 4 different ways: up, forward, down, neutral. In brawl, however, you can only influence the direction on the first and last slash. The first can only be side of course, to start the dancing blade, and the last one can be influenced with the analog be it up, down, or neutral.

So in essence, it'll be easier to do it if you just: side b+direction, b, b, b+direction. And don't spam B while doing that XD.
what? In melee, you could only slash up/down/forward. Neutral and forward did the same slash. You can influence slashes 2 thru 4 up or forward, but only slashes 3 and 4 can be influenced down. The same way as it was in Melee, the only major difference is that it's faster.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
what? In melee, you could only slash up/down/forward. Neutral and forward did the same slash. You can influence slashes 2 thru 4 up or forward, but only slashes 3 and 4 can be influenced down. The same way as it was in Melee, the only major difference is that it's faster.
Hm well thanks for correcting me then lol (yea I forgot neutral and forward was the same >.>) I guess it slipped my mind.

But, The most consistent way I got dancing blade to work in brawl was not influencing slashes 2 and 3, only the last. Guess I'm not fast enough, but if it works then it's fine with me.

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
just hit B consistently. In melee you needed to wait until marth finishes the previous slash since it was so slow. Now the attack comes out much faster and so it should be easier to time.

uremog

Smash Ace
what happened here?

-----------------------------------

each hit of Dancing Blade has a set number of frames in which it can be canceled into the next hit. they don't start immediately, and end before the move is completely finished. so you have to find the range of frames where you can cancel it. since the move is fast, mashing B will often not have you press B in that range.
(it's possible that there's some filtering on the button presses that limit it to so many presses in so many frames. just a hunch though.)

*when you do it, you should only be pressing B 4 times for a 4 hit DB*

hit 2 can be done neutral or up
hit 3 can be done neutral, up or down
hit 4 can be done neutral, up or down
*neutral is the same as to the side for all hits

each different direction counts as a different move for the purposes of hit degradation.
sweet spot adds 1% dmg to any hit except the last down hit.

kudos04

Smash Rookie
Got it figured out about a half hour after I posted.

Thanks for all the replies though.

Top Bottom