• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dancing blade hop

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
this is probably very old, as I just picked up marth and someone must have encountered this before

but (sometimes) when one uses dancing blade at the edge of the stage, marth automatically hops of the stage and starts the dancing blade in the air

could be usefull, as he kinda short hops off the stage, to intercept + spike with the third down hit (situational offcourse)

like I said, this is probably very old, but I couldn't find anything about it (sorry if i didn't look far enough) but I thought it was weird when it happened..

can someone explain how/why this happens (I know Dancing blade can give a little boost in hight, but most of the time when you use it at the edge of the stage, you just fall off when you start the dancing blade, but this makes marth do some kind of short hop before he starts with the dancing blade)

an easy way to make this happen is:
stand at the very edge of the stage, then continuously hit side b (but just the first attack of the dancing blade each time) and after a few tries (maybe you get it on your first try) marth will hop of the stage

this sets up for a dancing blade spike quite nicely imo (still situational offcourse)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've had the airbox on Sheik's upb nudge me off while I used DB. I've got the replay.

IDK

Smash Lord
aren't you just b-boosting? (made famous by or most commonly known by mario's edge cape technique)

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
This has happened to me before...I think it's already been known, but if you time your Dancing Blade at the precise moment you get off the edge, you rise slightly into the air as if you're performing a jumping DB.

Gnace

Smash Rookie
No it's not really usefull. You only put yourself in a position where you can easily be edgeguarded

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
DB doesn't really make you rise, its more of a stall.

I remember hearing of that, but its not very useful in the air.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Q/A thread is for you.

Yes this is very old.

Using it for spiking - well, go for it, I personally believe its faster just to turn around and jump off the ledge. Remember, using side b makes it you only have ONE jump; it's more efficient to use both <3.

Anyway, old old old, discussed a zillion times before.

Top Bottom