• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yeah, that tournament was great. Friendly matches were awesome. Capote's Ike was really good and that worries me lol. Those were by far some of the most fun tournament matches I've had. We need to play some more so pm me soon if you are reading this.

Slacker, I'll see what I can do about the videos. I don't remember which ones I had on here but I'll look.

So starting tomorrow, I am totally free for like a week. PM the hell out of me.
IIIIIII want to Smash and Roll alllll niiiight. And spot dodge everyday!!

P.S. Bluezaft...I think I'll be done with my paper here in like an hour lol. I went to sleep at 11:00...I couldn't handle it. All that smash and CiCi's really killed me.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Both ICs? Maaaan I hate IC dittos; they are so boring. I wish they were fun like Ike dittos LOL. Capote vs bwett ftw. But whenever we get the chance, let's go for it. Hopefully we can get a chance to play offline and won't have to stick to Wifi. . .
what ? ic dittos are always fun and crazy .

melee1:CG are not that hard actually its waaaaaay easier in brawl than it was in melee its all bout timing and rythm

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Gigapoot 2 was amazing.

Gigapoot: Good times. Gigi, thanks for the food & drinks & casa. James, close set as always.
Bluezaft, DoH, Scav: All of our sets were close. Enjoyed playing each of you.
Leapinghare: Congrats on 3rd in both singles and teams.
Fogo: Show up on time and enter the Falco destruction.
Team Melee1 & Ice: Well done. Good team.
Team Bluezaft & Scav: Next time you will be crushed.
Team Bwett & Jeremy: Close set guys. Well done.

EDIT: Post if you guys play today. I'm down for Melee & Brawl.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Billy, you wanna play some tonight after 7?

Also, one of you guys left a set of headphones and a Blockbuster gift card in my car. Pretty sure it was Robbles.

Bwett

Smash Ace
i wanna join if you play with bwett infinity!

im off to school though, somebody text me if anything goes on.
You still havent called me or sent me a message so I have no idea what your number is lol.

I don't think I'll be able to do it tonight, but every other day after this is cool so yeah. Make some plans lol. Btw I have an hdtv so there is alittle lag, but I do have that crappy tv I brought to Gigi's as well so we can play on that.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I just think that you deserve some answers for any questions as to my tournament run 4/18. I just quoted this post just to be on topic with the event.

The tourney was good for the following reasons:

1) It was run very efficiently. Matches were called as soon as TVs were open, and winner's bracket ended first, meaning that the loser's bracket matches were filled out and were played quickly.
2) The guy had copies of the rules on hand. This let us know exactly which stages were legal, and there were no disputes or johns to be had about it.

Why was it not so good?

1) 7 dollar fee to be in the center, 5 dollars for the tournament; as mentioned 3rd didn't get their money back, and the pot was disproportionately small compared to how much was paid to enter. I don't only say that because I won.
2) Single rounds for loser's bracket; I could understand if there were time restrictions... but the tournament was going so fast, this was unnecessary and I have no doubt it skewed results.

Give props to the guy running it though; he did things more efficiently than most tournaments run by Smash people. Admittedly, it went too efficiently with the rules alteration for the loser's bracket, so that sucked. Ideally next time, that won't happen.
About the fees: A lot of this is really no one's fault in particular. The venue(The Gaming Center) charges a $2 commons fee to any one who comes in and hangs out around the place. The participants of my tournaments would fall under this category and you would have paid the fee. I made arrangements with Rusty(the owner of the place) so that I would collect the fee instead of him.

About the single matches for the loser's bracket: I'll admit that this was my screw up and it won't happen again. However the speed up with the tournament is because the rules were not followed. The rules state that it would be 4 stock, 6 minutes and the gameplay, I think, would be a little slow if the rules were actually followed. I'm not trying to be mean to anybody, but that is how I see it. I agree though that calling for single matches in the loser's bracket was uncalled for.

About the size of the pot in relation to the fees: 100% of all entry fees went to the pot. As for the registration fees, $5 of the $7, the two TVs that were brought to the tournament I had to pay for, and that was $10 a TV. I've already discussed the common fees. So when all was said and done, I brought home $80, and $70 was first prize. Please think about that . Also, I was due to collect $100 so that I could use it to the prizes, and I didn't get it.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
seems like a missed a lot of stuff this past weekend D:
im gonna try so hard to come to the next tournament, though i doubt anyone here even knows who i am, ha
but anyway
has anyone played mario kart wii?? or am i the only fan of the series here?

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
seems like a missed a lot of stuff this past weekend D:
im gonna try so hard to come to the next tournament, though i doubt anyone here even knows who i am, ha
but anyway
has anyone played mario kart wii?? or am i the only fan of the series here?
Maaan I remember you from the TXGamers tourney. You had a green shirt on I think lol and played against bule-zap. :))) And how can I forget you? We have like the most fun matches on Wifi lol.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
Maaan I remember you from the TXGamers tourney. You had a green shirt on I think lol and played against bule-zap. :))) And how can I forget you? We have like the most fun matches on Wifi lol.
yah that was me
captain olimar dittos without pikmin?? :D
i think there should a be a tourny with those rules,

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
yo is anyone getting GTA4 tonight?

It got a 10 out of 10 from ign.

If you get it and have Xbox live send me a friends request.

Gt: WCiP BluMilk

Noobits

Smash Rookie
is anyone hosting a meeting or anything soon for casual play? Definitely need practice.

Bwett

Smash Ace
If people want, they can come to my place today. I'm free all day. Right now my roommate is playing gta4 on the big tv so we only have my smaller one. If more people come, another tv and wii would be helpful.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If people want, they can come to my place today. I'm free all day. Right now my roommate is playing gta4 on the big tv so we only have my smaller one. If more people come, another tv and wii would be helpful.
It's on like Diddy Kong!

...I mean Donkey Kong. Yes... Donkey Kong...

I'll roll on over after 7ish.

Droven

Smash Rookie
Denton

If anyone is closer to Denton/Lewisville end of the area, PM me so we can get sumthin set-up; Also everyone plz add my FC and PM yours thx

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Weird occurrences of the Smash Bros kind: Fire and Ice in the same apartment at the same time.

Also, I was totally unaware that you could fit that many people into a single room. Props on the organization Billywett.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
yea, propz on the hosting bewett. I learned as much as i got my *** kicked XD. I had lots of fun, thanks for having me over.

-Shuz

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
You obviously missed my melee matches on saturday. that was like a combo vid.
i hope you aren't referring to your falcon

:-P

Weird occurrences of the Smash Bros kind: Fire and Ice in the same apartment at the same time.
we're making a team called evaporation, just you wait.

i got my *** kicked XD.

-Shuz
yeah lol

but i saw improvements, good job man!

thanks for the invite and fun time bwett, make sure to hit me up for the next one!

faglits.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
DoH is getting a new car in 20 minutes ya'll...

YAYUHZZZZ

Now I can be the Dallas Taxi in time for summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom