• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
3 stocked. Twice.

Fighting Broly with Peach is almost like fighting a CPU. You just kind of do stuff with turnips and it works since he couldn't sheild/dodge.

There's no depth in Brawl compared to Melee; there's nothing that's super useful or gamebreaking to separate even casuals from competitive; Drew can get 5th at a tournament playing Brawl like 3 times against people who play religiously; it's not just that his melee skill carries over, but there's just not must distinction between each player.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
3 stocked. Twice.

Fighting Broly with Peach is almost like fighting a CPU. You just kind of do stuff with turnips and it works since he couldn't sheild/dodge.

There's no depth in Brawl compared to Melee; there's nothing that's super useful or gamebreaking to separate even casuals from competitive; Drew can get 5th at a tournament playing Brawl like 3 times against people who play religiously; it's not just that his melee skill carries over, but there's just not must distinction between each player.
Ugh, don't start that debate again, lol.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Man we should just say "meet me at 3:00 p.m. by the flagpole" I'll stand in the background and heckle "BET YOU WON'T STICK HIM!"

At least Infinity is willing to put money up to back himself up :p

Of course I really shouldn't make fun of the schoolyard fighting mentality since I was in more than my fair share. Hell I'm 25, and all I've done is graduate to bar fights instead haha. I believe it was infinity who noticed the busted blood vessel in my eye when I played at the txgamers tourney. Heh even though it was 2 weeks old, and nothing to worry about he seemed to have genuine concern. Of course after I told him the story he gave me a fist bump and said "Hell yeah that's what I'm talking about."

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Proven my ***, I accept the money match you dickweed. Just know I got a character that takes more skill than that broken piece of turdball you call a smash character.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Proven my ***, I accept the money match you dickweed. Just know I got a character that takes more skill than that broken piece of turdball you call a smash character.
Name the time and place and the number of games you want to lose. :)

I work from 10am to 7pm Monday through Friday, pick a time after I get off work. In fact, the Sunday tournament sounds like prime time to do this.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Well I ain't going to the tournament Sunday, so we'll have to find another time when I'm avaliable. Money coming to me anyway, shouldn't be in such a rush to give that up.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You accepted it and you're owning up to it. I've given you my schedule and told you I'll meet you anywhere in the metroplex. If you don't pick a time and place in the next few days I'm picking it.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Ike is gross. I'd rather fight Marth in melee. Impenetrable up b and broken side b make him one of the most frustrating fights. RoK come to tournament saturday. You know melee is the shiztd. I'll beat you in brawl anyway lawlz

Bwett come to the tourny saturday! There will be plenty of friendlies.

@Blues post - Brawl fer serious made me better at Melee. Breaks you out of bad habits and freshens up your style. Also it made me faster which I can't figure out.

KG would wobble my DK and Bowser whenever they took the lead...and still lose :chuckle:
KG - ness dittos! I never ended up playing with dK or DK. I play a little lucas too Fogo!

DoH ~ 3pm is already mad early

Wobbles must announce his presence! Dangerzone if he shows.

Infinity come. I want to play top of dallas. Haven't played very many offline. Leapinghare is the best I played so far.

Who is showing up?!? planotown isn't far

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Ike is gross. Impenetrable up b and broken side b make him one of the most frustrating fights. RoK come to tournament saturday.
I have Ike practice, so now I shall bestow advice. Sorry, Bwett.

If he's side-bing, jump out off the stage and take the hit. If it's far enough from the edge, Ike will fall down helpless and die.

The super-armor on his up-b ends after he grabs the sword. If you've got any moves that reach far enough, you can knock him out of it. Sometimes I'll get him with a well-timed jolt, or I'll counter it with Marth. It doesn't quite work as well if he "sweet-spots" it, but if you time it just right, you can edge-hug and you'll have just enough invincibility frames so that he can't grab on.

@Blues post - Brawl fer serious made me better at Melee. Breaks you out of bad habits and freshens up your style.
Awesome.

If I'm able to show, I'll bring a tv/wii. I won't have time to practice beforehand, so I'll really suck at Melee, though.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Ike is gross. I'd rather fight Marth in melee. Impenetrable up b and broken side b make him one of the most frustrating fights. RoK come to tournament saturday. You know melee is the shiztd. I'll beat you in brawl anyway lawlz

@Blues post - Brawl fer serious made me better at Melee. Breaks you out of bad habits and freshens up your style. Also it made me faster which I can't figure out.

KG would wobble my DK and Bowser whenever they took the lead...and still lose :chuckle:
KG - ness dittos! I never ended up playing with dK or DK. I play a little lucas too Fogo!

Infinity come. I want to play top of dallas. Haven't played very many offline. Leapinghare is the best I played so far.

I'll see if I can come dude, but I'm probably going out with the woman on Saturday and she doesn't like Smash so much.

Edit - Dude Zaft, Marth's counter breaks super armor. You can catch Ike on the way up with his UpB and it will knock him out of it. Same goes for DeDeDe and any point on his UpB. Try it, you'll like it.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
**** it turns out I got an Art History session on Saturday. I will see if I can still come though. :(

@KG: LOL double CGs are hot. You going to either tourney this weekend?

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
**** it turns out I got an Art History session on Saturday. I will see if I can still come though. :(

@KG: LOL double CGs are hot. You going to either tourney this weekend?
most likley not sunday but im definetly goin to try to make it sat. to gigis if fogo doesn't give me a ride im goin to nee som directions

are u sure ur ready for this ness poot ? .lol

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

What are you smoking that 3pm is early? Back in my day, tournaments started at like 11 AM.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
hey wats up yall, yall miss me heh. i've been gone for so long cause i havn't played brawl cause it kinda sucks and i gave my wii to my sister until she gets back from college. i still like to do teams though on brawl but i can't cause my wii is gone.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
Hey Dallas! I've been trying to get into the competitive scene for brawl, though the only one I've been to is playntrade. the only person i really get to practice or do friendlies with is my friend (akai.) I feel like if i play him to much ill assume that everyone will play like him, which is bad XD. So if anyone wants to do friendlies I'm willing to go anyone near Dallas or if yall wanna come to me, i live in Frisco. I consider myself pretty decent but nothing compared to what i saw at playntrade. I want to get better but i dont see that happening unless i play with the pros and get my *** whooped by the pros to see what I'm doing wrong. So if you guys wanna meet up, pm me

Oh im going to the tourny on saturday but i dont have a partner cause akai cant make it. XD

Bwett

Smash Ace

Yeah I think I will be coming. I should be bringing a tv and wii along with some fruit punch woot lol.

I have Ike practice, so now I shall bestow advice. Sorry, Bwett.

If he's side-bing, jump out off the stage and take the hit. If it's far enough from the edge, Ike will fall down helpless and die.

*******! lol Fortunately after you killed me so many times like that, I figured out ways out of that gimp kill :p. And as an act of vengeance, if you wanna kill pikachu, pick Ike, wait for him to do his side b and super armor it with your eruption...works every time lol. Also, smash DI up like mad throughout the entire match.

So I talked to my boss and I am totally changing my SI session to sometime after Sunday so I can go to the tournament so YAY! Two tournaments in 2 consecutive days...I think I'm in heaven lol.

Okay, so I could potentially have spots in my car if anyone needs a ride for both saturday and sunday. Of course, bluezaft, zac, and jeremy have precedence but if they aren't coming I will have spots open. Just throwing that out there

Fonix

Smash Cadet
I may try and get out Sunday, but driving from Sherman almost makes what I'm going to spend in gas not worth it. Hmph.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
plano is closer. and you dont have to pay a ridiculous amount of money. $5 each event and freeee snacks. do it

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Yeah but even a drive to plano is still about 100 miles round trip. That's 2/5 of my gas tank right there, which equates to about $20 spent. Add on any tournament fees(that I'll lose because I suck hah), not to mention the probability of desiring food and consequently buying it, it turns into a $40 tournament easily. Ah the downsides to living in podunk :p

I'm not complaining about the situation, just stating the facts of it. I did play in the txgamers tourney in Plano. I had fun and all, but it wasn't something I would be willing to do every weekend.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
If this keeps going I'm going to sound like a whiner making excuses which really isn't the case.

The majority of my friends who play video games find Wii Sports the most enjoyable (let me pause so everyone can roll their eyes). They don't enjoy smash bros at all, and if they play it's always FFA with items on. I don't really have anyone who wants to play at a competitive level. I find that odd since there were at least 60 or 70 lined up outside gamestop on the midnight release. I did make a post attempting to see if there was any support for a tournament in this area and nobody responded.

I also drive a Ford Ranger which makes for an uncomfortable trip if you're bringing more than one person. Of course if I was bringing more than one person I would hope one of them had a car.

I'm just going to stop because like I said I don't want to sound like I'm whining. I'm definitely going to make it to some more tournaments at some point though. Just saying it won't be every weekend like you nut cases :)

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Lol, I have some who would probably take that bet. Not because they're fantastic or anything, they are just gamblers (I guess I should expect no less considering I met most of my friends through poker games haha)

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
My friend code is 1719-3481-5345

How is everyone?
Since Play N trade me and my brother (Jumpman) have reached 2nd in the Doubles ladder of Mlgpro for Brawl!
I was wondering why throw a melee tournament? Who plays melee anymore, because all my friends and siblings stop playing due to the overwhelming size of the new brawl community, and it is the new version of smash. Lets throw a brawl singles instead. i gotten alot better.I will enter the melee tourney if more than 5 people enter. I do admit i miss melee, but why improve skill at melee if everyone else is playing brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom