• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

BaldeMx

Smash Rookie
hey, is there any places where people get together to play melee? am planing attend Apex next to Javi and Tuga, and i need to train, i will be appreciate if someone tell me =)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
hey, is there any places where people get together to play melee? am planing attend Apex next to Javi and Tuga, and i need to train, i will be appreciate if someone tell me =)
Most Melee players go to the Plano/Dallas area for Sethlon's smashfest every Sunday. Check the DFW Melee thread if you're interested in that.

I'm currently going to UTA this semester. I'd love to get in some games of Melee sometime though.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Time for the second wave of Fort Worth Yugioh cards!! :)

Let's start with some new ones...

To "Infinity" and Beyond!

With this card, you can feel a little safer attacking set monsters. Great for your opening move.

(subject to complete overhaul) Following the same theme as his Metaknight, Infinity gets some extra protection against monster effects when attacking.

Think it's safe for your weak monsters during your turn? Nope!

Like a ninja assassin, he suddenly appears from the shadows to strike his target.
Then just as suddenly vanishes...
(wish this card was real. Would be real fun to use)

sooooooo gaaaaaaaay....

Fort Worth needs a new breed of HEROes

(wish this card was real too) Federal HERO? I wonder who that could possibly be?

How many knew that Fhero's tag was short for Federal Hero?
I only knew because of his youtube account. I was unable to
find a picture of Fhero to use. That's ok, because I honestly didn't
know how he felt about having a card of himself.

Gotta' pay your taxes on that property!
(that monopoly salt..... >.>)

The Federal HERO cards turn this game into an economy!

He hungers for taxes and processing fees! :o

Nooooo!! So cheap!

Nickle and diming you, every step of the way.

Now for some expansions on older Fort Worth Archtypes!

Need a quick boost of chicken power? Here's your solution!

Supporting the support for the support. That's how top tier decks are made.

ERRATA!

Completely new effect! The old one was really too similar to Black Rose Dragon.
Didn't like it.

Now, Denti grows more powerful by throwing his pikmin!

When Sebass unites with Denti, he gives him great destructive power!
So broken!

Noooo! Not pikmin!

And that should do it! Unless I'm forgetting someone... ;)

Look at him! That hand signal must be a part of one of his
magic spells! :o

ARE YOU A WIZARD?!

Xeven's loyal Lucario.

I ain't your buddy! Go away!

He can stun an opposing monster with his spider web!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So, what's going on in this thread?

:phone:
Sliq where have you been man?! Show up to the smashfests or at least attend the local tournaments man.....mine are MK banned if it makes a difference of showing up or not?

Gonna be doing some melee smashfests near my area soon to help revitalize the scene around here. I tried doing a melee singles tournament at my last tournament along with brawl but only a dedicated few showed up so it's probably best to either go to Sethlon's smashfests or go to mine when I host them later in the future.

**** the match ups bro.

**** the matchups. Get that chart outta here!

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
I really wana play some donkey kong country. BUT XEVEN RUINED THE GAME EXPERIENCE FOR ME! All those short cuts..

BlinkIV

Avenger
LOL, dude. I'm a Wizard. Short cuts are what's up! Wait till next Smashfest..That $1.63 will be mine!

Gungho > Fairies

^

BlinkIV

Avenger
My ***. I don't even have bottles -.-..

Know what, for the glory of salt. I'll throw in another dollar, if your up for finishing the rest of the run with..NO FAIRIES/POTIONS!

I'll take back the $.63 and add 2 dollars in just for this. I doubt you'll do it though!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Take a look at this regarding the legality of MK at an objective stance. I think you will find this interesting.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=123676

"IN SHORT The frequency of Meta Knight usage does not rise or fall as one progresses through the top 1000 smash players. This implies that while the character is popular, Meta Knight usage does not effect the probability to be ranked high. Skill does. This does, however, imply that Meta Knight may have an over-centeralizing effect on the community with his "significantly" higher usage (I use "significantly" in quotes because no mathematical study has yet been done on Meta Knight's popularity. This article investigates "dominance" not" over-centralization")."

Sliq

Smash Master
Sliq where have you been man?! Show up to the smashfests or at least attend the local tournaments man.....mine are MK banned if it makes a difference of showing up or not?
I don't plan on competing in smash anymore, and Brawl is a sack of shit regardless of whether or not MK is banned. I wouldn't mind playing Melee friendlies, or Project M. Project M looks amazing.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Well Roar and I were talking about going to one of Sethlon's (melee) smashfest some Sunday. I'll finally have some money for next weekend. Who all is interesting in going?

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
Everyone should know that there will be a pannel for Fort Worth! This will have the top 10 in it. It will not be a reflection of the Texas PR, it will be like any other regular pannel. Just wait for neon to post his picture up! You just might be in it!

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
Shout outs to xeven and disqo bunny for being extra epic throughout the weekend btw.

Mad respect to xeven for actually being **** at a link to the past, I was thinkin you was all talk!!!!! lmao @ being in the same rooms doing the same thing for like the first hour. Also, we ***** in doubles.

Shout out to disqo bunny for hyping matches and having an excellent taste in music. Oh baby! Also, thanks for unlocking like half my characters on my new wii, lmao. You'll get chic next time, you just gota practice! *goes to hyperbolic time chamber and plays wifi*

Special mention to Kbot and Jive turkey too. You guys rock! :D

On a side note, how often should we update the Fort Worth PR once it gets put up? I was thinking monthly. : O

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
Go get a new controller denti. Don't want you complaining when I send you to losers at circuit#6 (: fun weekend guys, so who all is already confirmed for circuit event? I know I am (;

Sliq

Smash Master

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Your name is stupid and you should feel bad about it.

Yes.

Don't change your tune just for me. I came to see if anyone enjoyed either of those. I didn't realize this was a Brawl thread. I thought it was smash general.
Actually, my tag is pretty awesome and I'm proud of it. :) Don't hate and take the joke, but yeah, this is a mostly brawl thread, but we do play the other smashes, including smash64 and melee, even other games like Mario Party 2.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
OK, Most of the vids are up now, just few arn't but will be uploaded soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kunckles213?feature=mhee

Shout outs:

Jiveturkey & Berd: Thanks for throwing an awesome tourny, hope in the future to have more matches with you. Berd my advice is to watch more Pit player vids to learn techs cause you could turn your Pit into a wrecking machine.

Denti: That Olimar....... is tough, but ggs; hope to learn from your Olimar so I can use him in the future. Thanks for housing even though I didn't plan on it and that zelda MM, man was that hilarious. I'm coming for that PR, I gotta get ranked.

AeroLink: ggs, You **** TOO HARD; watch your uploaded matches, this is the reason why metaknight is possibly getting banned. But I love them diddy dittos lol.

K-bot: ggs, we always get pinned against each other, those ICs are tough, but I love that dedede. Good **** on making it to semi-finals you getting better, I like that first match you vs AeroLink, you were so close; I saw those chain grabs if only you had finished them.

PonyBoy: ggs, Nice team work, but we gotta work on them set ups though. You gotta better with Kirby and Mario, you'll be able to climb up the ladder in rankings in no time

Disqo_BuNNY: .....too much salt......just kidding, ggs. Your diddy is a **** in doubles. You should have joined singles, Neon wasn't there to save Africa. Plus those friendlies were TOO GOOD.

Xeven: You and that Trela Lucario gotta remember to WHOOP THAT TRICK! every time your in match lol. I hoe your able to show up more to these tournys, you get it HYPED UP. That Zelda MM was too funny, I didn't know you guys could play like that, Imma have to get in on those old school MMs.

Batou: ggs, Your one funny guy, I love that Gannon, but I was hoping to see some C. Falcon; there was too much salt going on in that dedede doubles. I'll try and be at your next monthlies.

PS: We need to saving all matches so I can upload a somewhat of a complete tourny to get more hype for future ones, gotte get more hacked Wiis

Top Bottom