• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dair" To The Depths! NEW TIMES?! EGGM?! DELICIOUS FOOD AT VENUE?! HYPE?! NJ

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Hello everyone reading. My smash tag is Ryobeat, and I would like to present you "Dair" To The Depths! I thought about having a weekday tournament for a while, and the deal I received was one that shouldn't be turned down. Despite that this tournament is on a weekday, the venue is AMAZING. This tournament will be hosted at Local Battles Gaming Center. This facility/group is the same group that has donated TVs to Apex and held other Brawl tournaments. The venue itself is fantastic. They give us chairs, a certain amount of TVs (can be added to), and they allow us to have a LIVE STREAM. They will be streaming under their channel. Also, they serve food and drink at reasonable prices. They have Ramen, Hot Pockets, Energy Drinks, etc.

Location Address is :
1207 Anderson Ave
Fort Lee, NJ 07024

Schedule
Venue opens at 12:30, for 3$ an hour, you can play Xbox 360/PC Games on Xbox live with Turtle Beaches! Or you can go to the other side of the venue and warm up your tech skill!
Signups until 3:20, then doubles will start.
Singles will start once Doubles is finished.
Draft Crews afterwards THEN YALL GET OUT.

General

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 8 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the semi finals and finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is banned
* You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
* Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
* Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
* Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
* Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.
Neutral for Singles | *Counterpicks for Singles
* FD | *Kongo Jungle
* Yoshi's Story | *Pokemon Stadium
* Dreamland |
* Battlefield |
* Fountain of Dreams |

Neutral for Doubles | *Counterpicks for Doubles
* FD | *Kongo Jungle
* Yoshi's Story |
* Dreamland |
* Battlefield |
* Pokemon Stadium |

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stay .

Entry Fees
Venue Fee (Entry Fee) - $10.00
Singles (1v1 Battles) - $10.00
Doubles (Team Battles) - $20.00 ($10 Per team mate)

Prize Payouts:
1st place – 60%
2nd place – 30%
3rd place – 10%

BYOC- BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

As far as set ups, there are alot of TVs, but no cubes. I can get 3 set ups maybe and some recording as well as Local Battles streaming. BUT WE NEED MELEE SETUPS, please bring some and this will be a flawless tournament. If there are any questions, post and i will edit the thread or PM me c: HYPE.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Keeping this post for any reason. AND MY CONTACT NUMBER IS, 201-446-0221. Also there will be a livestream link so i shall need this :p

Edit: The livestream will be twitch.tv/localbattles and this is what we have SO FAR.

TVS: Local Battles has like, 8.
Cubes: The Moon 1x, Ryobeat 1x, Ayala 1x, Le Fou1x
Melee: TheMoon1x, Ryobeat 1x, Ayala 1x, Le Fou1x
Recording: Ryobeat(I think the venue might have it as well, not sure)

silverliight

Smash Cadet
hey Ryobeat i get out of work at 1:00pm but it take me at least 35 min to get there will i still be able to sign up for singles and doubles because i know sign up ends at 1:30 but i will get there at least at 1:35pm or 1:40pm

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
hey Ryobeat i get out of work at 1:00pm but it take me at least 35 min to get there will i still be able to sign up for singles and doubles because i know sign up ends at 1:30 but i will get there at least at 1:35pm or 1:40pm
Yeah that might work, just call/text me the day of the tournament so i can put you in bracket. Worst scenario, you dont get into doubles, but you still make it for singles :3

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Okay, i'll post the stuff i got in the post i still have :p Comment on what you can bring, specifically cubes, melee copies, maybe recording

psykoweezl

Smash Journeyman
this is le fou. i can bring a cube, and if you need more recording stuff. but if i bring recording stuff i gotta bring a monitor cuz the laptop the program is on has a broken backlight.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Thursday tourney eh.... I might be able to make this. I'd like to bring my own hacked version of Melee; Ultimate Marlin if there are enough TV's and space. Not for tournament matches though, It'd just be for friendlies, and I'd like to get the chance to play this with other people and see if society appreciates the art of Marlin.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Bump. YO GUYS, NEWS. Some cubes/melee are gone. WE NEED MORE, im super serious. Whoever can bring, dont hesitate. Also bring friends WHO CAN bring cubes/melee. Lastly, we are gonna have the live stream, so its gonna be on twitch.tv/localbattles i believe, if im wrong i'll update it that day. Does anyone wanna commentate?

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but J$ex is looking for a teams partner, and doesnt have an account/computer at the time. Anyone wanna team with his fox?

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
What time would you estimate singles to start? I work Thursday and I wanted to try to make it after work. Also, I was wondering if there was a number I could call/text the day of to see if singles has/hasn't started. Cause if singles starts on the later side, I might be able to make it.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
if singles started at 5 ish or even 5 30 i could come cuz i get off of work at 3:15

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
What time would you estimate singles to start? I work Thursday and I wanted to try to make it after work. Also, I was wondering if there was a number I could call/text the day of to see if singles has/hasn't started. Cause if singles starts on the later side, I might be able to make it.
Singles will probably start at like 3:00, more or less, but my number is 201-446-0221, text me if you can come.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
y so early?
Good point, i might make this tourney later, cause thinking about it, if doubles is at 1:30, then its ends like at like 2:30, then singles straight after that, this tourney can end at 5 x_x oh god no. with some crews, then like 5:30 - 6. What time would you guys prefer?

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post AGAIN BUT NEW SCHEDULE!

Schedule
Venue opens at 12:30, for 3$ an hour, you can play Xbox 360/PC Games on Xbox live with Turtle Beaches! Or you can go to the other side of the venue and warm up your tech skill!
Signups until 3:20, then doubles will start.
Singles will start once Doubles is finished.
Draft Crews afterwards THEN YALL GET OUT.

This change has been made for those smashers that cannot come as early as i had plans, also to bring in more players who are usually late. And also, cause ending a tournament at 5-6 aint too fun. SO COME AND PLAY SMASH AND XBOX GAMES AND HYPE, tell ya friends.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Singles start at 5 ends by 6 just so ppl can get off of work and be able to travel to the venue....ill call u when i get off work to see where u r tourney wise

:phone:

Env BoricuA

Smash Rookie
Yo ryo tell jsex that i would team with his fox if hes still looking for a teams partner. Im most definitely coming to this.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Singles start at 5 ends by 6 just so ppl can get off of work and be able to travel to the venue....ill call u when i get off work to see where u r tourney wise

:phone:
Oh no, we can be in there til 12 or so, but most likely im leaving at like 9:30-10ish. I just meant you guys can get out cause the tourney will be done around 6:30-7:30, not exactly sure.

Top Bottom