• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"DACUS" confirmed (on Sheik)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So with the power of a modification on the 3DS that allows you to use a gamecube controller, the "better" control on the analogue and likely the inclusion of the c-stick, we've had @God-is-my-Rock / VGBC show us it working on Sheik.

This indeed existed in Brawl, but before now we assumed it was removed. It's crazy to think we've been playing this game without a c-stick :p
It existed on every character technically, but different characters had different lengths (most often not any longer than their regular dash upsmash).

So the question is who does this exist on this game (in any noticeable / executable way)?

The noticeable characters in Brawl (I may have missed some) were:
Falco, Snake, Wolf, Sheik, Wario, Jigglypuff, Link

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.

Edit: I guess I should post something with a little bit substances. With dacus confirm to be in the game and with grab release also confirm I feel sorry for anyone who get in sheik grasp.

10obeytherules

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Not sure how I feel about this. Overall, it probably means Nintendo was lazy.

Immortal

Smash Cadet
Not sure how I feel about this. Overall, it probably means Nintendo was lazy.
There's a flag in the Brawl coding that specifically allows you to cancel a dash attack into an up-smash. It was intended.

Last edited:

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
So does that mean myself and number of other players who all would absolutely be stoked if we could one day have an adapter that allows us to use our beloved GCCs...... Lucky for everyone the 3ds controls are actually pretty damn good. No c stick is not as odd as expected. So at least I will have an abundance of patience now that I have SSB4 to consume my life lol

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Is the distance that you slide with the DACUS still character-dependent? If so, how far are the newcomers' DACUS's?

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Did you even read the first post... :\
The first post did not specify if it was still character dependent, and didn't say anything about the newcomers' DACUS's :/

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
While not quite the same as a DACUS a running up smash is also indeed possible on an unmodified 3DS. I was playing Link in the demo and found that it was possible to up smash directly out of a dash and you'd still retain the momentum from the dash.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
While not quite the same as a DACUS a running up smash is also indeed possible on an unmodified 3DS. I was playing Link in the demo and found that it was possible to up smash directly out of a dash and you'd still retain the momentum from the dash.
I believe that's called a Hyphen Smash. It was also in Brawl. The difference is that on certain characters DACUS goes significantly farther, and these characters were the only ones who actually used DACUS because the rest of the cast could get pretty much the same result much more easily with Hyphen Smashes.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This is a cool discovery, has anyone tested it with rosaluma yet? i can imagine its short but might have interesting applications with lumas movement.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394

Edit: I guess I should post something with a little bit substances. With dacus confirm to be in the game and with grab release also confirm I feel sorry for anyone who get in sheik grasp.

10obeytherules
Lol, Death Note themes go with everything

Top Bottom