• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3's down B is way too serious GOOD.

Ghostbiker33

Smash Rookie
I went to practice mode and charged it to the maximum and did it on a heavy character (bowser) i put him to the middle of FD and boom it kiled him at 60 dmg. The attack does 30 dmg too, why dont i see it used alot?

Sorry i'm just wondering =P

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Think about it. How many idiots are gonna stand there and get hit by a huge steaming penguin of epicness with a jet rocket hammer? Its strong but its range along with the face that it doesnt act dk's charge punch ( meaning you cant store the charge; man that would be legendary) is what burdens this move. However it should definitely be used every now and then, it is a great mindgame. no doubt about that.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion

What ever happened to the Jet Hammer Shuffle? I don't frequent the DeDeDe boards, so I wonder if y'all have any videos of it being used effectively?

Reminds me of the SWD.. never saw it used in a vid, but at my first tournament IHSB could do it back and forth over the doubles matches..

Eh.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I see potential in the Jet Hammer Shuffle, as it is called. Imagine if you're having a stare-down at opposite ends of Final Destination. You start up your Rocket Hammer, and dash really, really quickly at your opponent and smack them off screen. You could be five hundred dollars richer in the blink of an eye.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy

What ever happened to the Jet Hammer Shuffle? I don't frequent the DeDeDe boards, so I wonder if y'all have any videos of it being used effectively?

Reminds me of the SWD.. never saw it used in a vid, but at my first tournament IHSB could do it back and forth over the doubles matches..

Eh.
Watch Phanna Mint III if you still need to see some SWD. :p

I think if people do know how to do it well, they're keeping it a secret. I know I sure would. It requires an odd precise positioning of the controller, so it's kinda hard to pull on the fly.

Hamma

Smash Rookie
i found the shuffle easier to do when the joystick is worn out Slightly, this way its easier to press it as little as possible. it seemed to work better for me when i use the worn controller :p

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was also experimenting with this glitch before I actually knew anyone had been discussing it. I was finding it really easy to do the first time I was doing but I didnt really take note of what I was doing. I was sort of just tapping the control stick to one side really quickly. I will to some more experimenting to night but just came here to see if anyone had figured out anything about it yet. And I agree that it could be used to quickly dash across FD to your opponent and just smack them off the stage. Wouldn't be expected?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
too much wind up and ending lag, very predictable, lousy hitbox. while charging u are very susceptible to being punished with no way to protect yourself. fsmash is much better in my book. kills most at 30% :)

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Well anyways I was experimenting with the shuffle. I find it easier to do on different types of ground. Such as Ice is very very very easy to do it on and very fast. So do you think it depends on the type of ground (making it easier or harder to do?) but anyways fmash is probably better but its always good for mind games and also u can shuffle b4 its fully charged. So you arn't completely open you can always just let go early if they come for you?

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
If you think that is too good you have not seen anything. They said Ike's F-Smash was killer, now people learn to DODGE, and it sunk. DK's ground pound, no one could touch him, until they found out they can attack from the air, and it sunk. You can block this one easy, just put a finger on him. One projectile. One quick jab. Anything except for Fox' projectile, it doesn't do anything but damage, and has no knockback whatsoever.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I suppose but he can still dash away from projectiles if you can use it well because it doesn't have to eb fully charged to use it. And your not completely open you can still jump at least which can help you doge things like arrows and boomerangs that might interrupt you.

D

Deleted member

It's better for punishing than his F-Smash, as you can move around - even jump while charging it. Obviously, when your opponent is approaching or on the defensive, the move leaves you incredibly open in the likely event that it doesn't hit. If the charge were kept over time like Samus' B and Donkey Kong's B, it would be potent in more situations.

Top Bottom