• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D throw

legion598

Smash Ace
ok so does Dthrow to Uair at like 0 percent combo cuz it looks like it does and even if it doesnt it looks like its very difficult to escape from

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Protip:

champ says u can dthrow heavies and utilt. if they air dodge the utilt you can punish them. otherwise they'd get hit by the utilt lol. probably with wrong DI, but still, it's good to know.

if the utilt connects, you can grab again (or ftilt)

this also works on fast fallers who DI into you from the dthrow

sheik's throws are garbage, so even these unreliable options are good to know

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, you kinda just have to hope for improper DI and no air dodge

but hey, the utilt forces them to have to get out, which can put them in a predictable position so in a way you can still be in control

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheiks throws are pretty crappy, the only reason they're useful is for damage racking. Sheik is fantastic at getting the grab, it's just that the throws themselves aren't all that great.

Villi

Smash Lord
Sheik is fast enough to follow up with her throws with good prediction and an appropriate reaction...

One pretty reliable way of getting someone to DI predictably is to grab and throw them in a direction where their DI would be counterintuitive. A downthrow has a backwards and up trajectory, so if your back is to the ledge and they DI toward the stage they go straight up with a difficult time DIing afterward. I wonder if you might be able to punish an air dodge with vanish that way. Another one is forward throwing someone off the stage... if they tend to DI up and they also DI toward the stage, they end up going vertical which again is difficult to escape. Unless they just know which way to DI based on your throw animation, they'll be put in a bad position.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
villi! you're pretty good i'd like to play you again : )

i'll play ike, luc, and snake : ) they're my fav chars to use online.

your zelda is good!

man i always looked down upon online play, but it can actually be challenging sometimes! i mean, both players are experiencing lag so both have to adapt :p

Charoo

Smash Champion
down throw up tilt works no matter how they di. You just need to know how to walk along and under them ready to use up tilt or forward tilt.

Villi

Smash Lord
villi! you're pretty good i'd like to play you again : )

i'll play ike, luc, and snake : ) they're my fav chars to use online.

your zelda is good!

man i always looked down upon online play, but it can actually be challenging sometimes! i mean, both players are experiencing lag so both have to adapt :p
Hey man, yeah it was fun playing you. We could play today or tomorrow if you want.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Another thing on back and forward throw: if you use them to throw them off the stage 9 times out of 10 your opponent is going to jump immediately after. I always smack em just by double jumping after the throw.

Top Bottom