• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Cynthia for Brawl ~

Soul Fire

Smash Rookie

~ Cynthia ~

Analysis:

I have always believed a Pokemon trainer would be a unique addition to the Brawl roster. Since a Pokemon trainer is now confirmed, maybe there is room for one more. As the Pokemon trainer is 3 characters in one, the possibility of another trainer is likely slim. Even so, I am sure you all have learned to expect the unexpected. This thread is for examining merely the possibility of another "Pokemon Trainer" character. I'll assume there may be many trainer related topics after this one, so I will try not to make this one horrible. I can already see another trainer thread besides this one..

Reasons for Cynthia:

1 - There are of course many Pokemon trainers, but if another trainer were to make the cut- it should no doubt be a less generic one. Cynthia is the Pokemon Champion of the Sinnoh Region featured in the recent hit games Diamond and Pearl.

2 - Steven Stone made it on Sakurai's poll, who was the Hoenn Champion featured in Ruby and Sapphire. Cynthia gains the advantage however of being a female of a more successful/recent game, who sports a much more original appearance than most other Pokemon trainers.

Note ~ I highly doubt the Steven Stone suggestion, resulted in the creation of the trainer. I believe Sakurai had the idea already set in stone, but the suggestion merely added fuel to a fire. It's of course unknown if the trainer is a replacement for Steven or any other possible trainer, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another trainer so easily.

3 - Here I come to the most obvious reason for any one who's played the game. Lucario has of course been a popular candidate for Brawl and it is no doubt a good choice for a playable Pokemon. One of the Pokemon Cynthia includes in her roster happens to be Lucario. If Cynthia was revealed, I'm sure some people would resort to calling Lucario "less of a character" and be upset he was not his own playable character. I of course can understand why, however before jumping to conclusions ~ it is really unknown how the Pokemon will actually play. For now, most of how the Pokemon will play - is merely speculation.

4 - Wasn't going to include this reason, as it is a bit of a stretch. Since adventure mode is more fleshed out and it appears to be again World specific, having a rival for the Pokemon Trainer would definitely be the obvious move. You can correct me on this, but the characters revealed so far do not appear to be the ones who will have to be unlocked. I do not believe the Pokemon Trainer would be secret, if ANOTHER trainer was in the game. Simply because it's logical to have the trainer be forced to overcome his rival, before it was unlocked. What better rival would there to chose than a champion? However even then, the Trainer revealed today, is less focused on the newer generations all together.

5 - The lame reason with no meaning. The music featured before and during the fight with Cynthia are simply beautiful. It would be a crime to exclude either for the game. I think it's time to finally include a wonderful battle theme in the games as opposed to the generic ones.

Cynthia's Pokemon:

From (Left to Right):

Lucario, Roserade, Gastradon, Spirtomb, Milotic, Garchomp

Most Likely Choices: Garchomp, Lucario, Roserade

Fin

Now again, not saying this character would be overly expected. However, IF there were another trainer aside from the generic "Pokemon Trainer", I believe Cynthia would be one of the most logical.

*Flame Shield*

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
If any other trainer should make in, it should be Lance.

Of course, having other trainers would take away from Red's uniqueness, and would be a horrible, horrible, bad, stinky, lame idea.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I think it's safe to assume that we're going to be seeing a LOT of "Pokemon team" characters coming up. (Cynthia, Lance, Giovanni, Blue/Gary).

I guarantee it. And they're all going to be pretty bad.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
If ANY pokemon character should make it in Brawl, it should be Lance. He appeared in TWO pokemon series! But Cynthia sounds like a good idea also, as an afterthought.

EDIT

I think it's safe to assume that we're going to be seeing a LOT of "Pokemon team" characters coming up. (Cynthia, Lance, Giovanni, Blue/Gary).

I guarantee it. And they're all going to be pretty bad.
I didn't think about Blue/Gary or Giovanni...kudos to you.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think about Blue/Gary or Giovanni...kudos to you.
And of course I didn't even mention Wally, Silver and May. Maybe we'll even see Professor Oak or something like that.

After the WTF!? of this update there's going to be a flood of copycat character ideas.

Edit: And every other Gym Leader. Mostly Brock and Misty though.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, we definitely see a bunch more of these types of topics, with a Pokemon trainer, as it condenses everything down into one character spot for multiple Pokemon. >_>

Though I wouldn't mind Cynthia, really. It fills in the Lucario spot, and also would allow you to use Garchomp. I can't decide who would be the third, but I guess Roserade.

Soul Fire

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm glad not everyone shot the idea down ~ thanks. I'm not really trying to push it either, I'm just saying that IF there were room for another trainer, Cynthia would be "one " of the most logical choices.

There are of course other logical choices: Blue/Gary is the obvious choice for a rival type character, Lance is also a champion with a much bigger role who uses the popular dragon-type Pokemon, Steven/Wallace, A main character from G/S/E,R/S/E or D/P and then the popular gym leaders - Misty, Brock etc..

The obvious advantage Cynthia has over Lance, is being a female Pokemon champion. While Lance did appear in two games, Cynthia could also serve as a good way to represent the newer generation by not only adding Lucario into the mix, but serving the purpose of having Brawl not run down by male characters.

Starwolf_For Brawl

Smash Cadet
Not Bad

This actully wouldnt be a bad idea if they have clones in this game which im sure they will this could be an unlockable character

Top Bottom