• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyber Arena - Gurnee Mills: Evolution of Life 3

Got2BtheB

Smash Rookie
Address

Cyber Arena at Gurnee Mills
6170 Grand Ave
Gurnee, IL 60031
Section H: Parking Lot

Phone- 847-855-5550
Website- http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Cyber.Arena.847-855-5550

Food and Drink- The food court is in section H, which is in the same hallway as Cyber Arena. Cyber Arena offers bottled water and pop inside the refridgerator for a fee.

Schedule

Schedule

12:00: Venue opens for the tournament. Arrivals, registration, and friendlies may occur at this time.
1:00: Doubles
2:00: Singles

*Note: Last tournament, people claimed that things were a little rushed. While I will try not to rush things along so much, please note that I (Chompy's Brother) am not going to be playing in this tournament and don't want to be there all day and night. So, please out of courtesy for me, try to play your game as soon as possible and don't complain about the TV size or whatnot.

*Note: As far as disputes between TVs go... If one person wants to play on one TV and another person wants to play on another, the players will settle the dispute by a game of rock, paper, scissors (best two out of three).

*Note: A lot of people mentioned last time that they wanted to have seeding done for singles. Me and Chompy will go through the bracket beforehand and do our best job of seeding the bracket based on prior tournament results.

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5 - You can bring in your own laptop if you wish. ($3 to store and $2 to TOs)

Brawl Doubles - $5 per person ($10 per team)
Brawl Singles - $10

Setups:

Setups: Main Goal (10 Setups)

Full Setups (Wii + TV)

TV's

1. Chompy
2. Scythe
3. Zwarm

Wii

1. Chompy
2. Scythe
3. Zwarm

*Note: If we do not have the same amount of Wiis and Televisions, I will have to tell people not to bring the equipment they signed up to bring.

Prizes:

Pot Splits

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules

GamePlay Rules

• Excessive stalling (MK cape stall, sonic under stage stall etc) is grounds for a forfeit of the game.

• Ice Climbers infinite is NOT BANNED

• Bowser/kirby/ddd/wario/ganon suicide kills ALWAYS RESULTS IN A VICTORY FOR THE PERSON WHO INITIATED THE SUICIDE

• To see a list of Playable and Banned stages, reference the list below.
Playable Stages

• If the timer runs out, then the player with the higher stock wins. However, if both players have the same stock, then whoever has the less percentage wins.

General Rules

1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Luigis Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Set format (In Order of Procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The fist player announces 4 stages to strike, while the second player announces 3 stages to strike, and then the first player announces the last stage to strike.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Contact Information

If you have any questions you can ask Chompy at:

Chompy
Phone - 1-847-490-3099
AIM - Chompy Returns

*Chompy will pass all questions along to me or answer them himself the best that he can

Any questions?

F.A.Q

Q. If I bring in my full setup, will it waive out the venue fee?

A. Yes.

Q: If I only bring the Wii or I only bring a TV, will it waive out the venue fee?

A: If you only bring half of the setup, your venue fee will be reduced by $2 and you will have to pay $3 for the venue fee.

Q. Will there be pools?

A. It depends on the amount of players that show up. If more than 40 players sign up, then we may do pools.

Q. If my opponent doesn't show up within the time limit, what happens?

A. Your opponent will receive the round loss. Therefore, he/she will be sent into the losers bracket. Same applies for anyone who's in the losers bracket as well.

Q. Are texture hacks allowed for tournament play?

A. Due to distractions, textural hacks are not allowed for tournament play.

Q. Who will record our matches?

A. The people that have the Homebrew hacks.

Q. Who will upload all of the matches onto youtube?

A. Chompy will and it will be on this page.http://www.youtube.com/user/CHOMPY621?feature=mhum

Abe_Teh_Abra

Smash Cadet
Wait... I don't get it. All the other cyber arenas are 3 hours away and they are the same address as this one and this is only 1 hour away... i'm confused.

Abe_Teh_Abra

Smash Cadet
Since no one replied in two days.... I think this tourney will not happen. BUT if it does, I got a question. Is the building like a shopping mall? Cuzz i dont want my mom distrupting us. SO could she just like wait in the food court?

Got2BtheB

Smash Rookie
Since no one replied in two days.... I think this tourney will not happen. BUT if it does, I got a question. Is the building like a shopping mall? Cuzz i dont want my mom distrupting us. SO could she just like wait in the food court?
Yes, it is in a mall.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
the reason noone is posting in this thread is because there are other tournaments that are coming up sooner.

Abe_Teh_Abra

Smash Cadet
NORM!!!!!!! rewmember meeee from AIB. I'm abra remember? from play n trade. also my bro dark ness but he change his name to altspammer.

Abe_Teh_Abra

Smash Cadet
K thanx. btw were the other EOL's at the same cyber arena? or is this place like a franchise? cuzz this one is 1 hour away from my house but the other EOL's they were 3 hours.

Scythe

Smash Master
all of them are at the same cyber arena. i didn't know the others existed

Abe_Teh_Abra

Smash Cadet
can someone please bring melee with them? and btw, im only 14 so my mom MIGHT have to come if my bro doesn't come with me sorry :/ but she wont ruin the fun dont worry.

THuGz

Smash Lord
what's the expected entrant count? trying to decide if it's worth it to come from iowa city

Scythe

Smash Master
not much tbh, these are pretty small and the venue isn't exactly big

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
well the guy who split for first at brainshock is going to be here so you tell me if you think you have a chance. :I

THuGz

Smash Lord
well now i want to come because there are actually good people here. either i can win or it's a decent tourney, i'm good with either haha

Arty

Smash Lord
^^ Don't underrate this guy!!

Hopefully this tourney gets pretty big

And hopefully I 3 stock Infern

... in bracket

... with Snake

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
^^ Don't underrate this guy!!

Hopefully this tourney gets pretty big

And hopefully I 3 stock Infern

... in bracket

... with Snake
There is alot of hope on that.
And yes this tourney should be big. Me coming should at least double the normal attendance.

Altspammer

Smash Rookie
Ok, looks like me and Abra can make this. Do you guys know how long these take? I live like 2 hours away and don't feel like driving home at like 12:00 AM. Also, I need a team. :D

Top Bottom