• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom GameCube Controllers

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
I am thinking about getting one of your "First Party Nintendo Gamecube Controller w/PS3 Stick"s and am curious about the silver one. How is it that it is only 30 bucks but has the silver controller base. Those are very expensive.
I get them for the same price as indigo and black controllers.. they are worth roughly the same.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
So...can we keep ordering or what? The links you provided are now dead.

WECKmaster329

Smash Rookie
NNID
GAMEfreak329
If I am going to do this, I am going to send in my worn down platinum controller in to get it looking good, as well as getting the control stick replaced and some of the buttons painted. Not sure if I am going to want any mods, but I would definitely be interested in getting the shell completely replaced and making it Emerald/Indigo.Once I get the necessary screwdriver, I am going to mix shells and make my controllers really stand out.

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
1.) If we paid for one of your $30 controllers as a base, what kind of quality can we expect? Like where do you get the controller/parts from etc. I don't wanna use a ****ty controller no matter how pretty ^_^ (but I'd prefer to buy a classic style controller instead of a white one so hopefully there is some quality assurance)
2.) Wouldn't the rounded analog stick make things that require a 45 degree angle or other specific angle(certain shield dropping stuff among other things) harder? Or am I crazy...

GCS Gaming Customs

1. All controllers are in good (7/10) or even great (8+/10) condition. This means fully functional, no very loose sticks or big scratches.

2. In my experience no. I think the rounded analog is great and highly recommend it, I guess that it makes it a bit more based on your precision with the stick, but not something that makes it harder. The best way I could explain the precision is that the original controller octagon kind of auto-directs your character to an extent, while the rounded is completely based on your accuracy. It can take some getting used to, but Im sure you can understand that.

roboticphish

Smash Cadet
I am looking to get a controller from you; can I get confirmation that the product listed at the link you posted above is as advertised? About how long does the product take to complete, and with paying via paypal, can I be guaranteed to receive a quality product? Thanks!

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Do the PS3 sticks pop right on or do they need to be tampered with?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I can't seem to get a white shell on the back of an orange shell nicely. All the other shell fit on fine. Am I missing something?

GCS Gaming Customs

Ive never had that sort of issue... Keep trying and look closely at the plastics to see why it may not fit (it probably has something to do with the buttons not in all the way or the triggers in the way)

terablitz

Smash Rookie
The link is down for me, if i where to order a controler now hwo long wopuld it take to be made/arrived?

D

Deleted member

how long would it take to ship to the uk? and how wobbly are the analogue sticks? 1 being extremly wobbly and 10 being no wobble whatsoever

D

Deleted member

7-10 on wobbly
2-3 weeks, but I need time to prepare your order too
so like altogether (shipping to the uk) whats the estimated time from when i place my order to when it arrives 5-6 weeks?

D

Deleted member

hey i have another question, if you order a controller and it breaks or gets worn down by use, could i send it back and have you repair it? and would there be a price?

GCS Gaming Customs

Yes, it really depends on the repair.. for example a loose stick I would not replace for free because it is normal wear, but buttons that stop working or if a part I installed breaks, I will do it for free

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
Let's say I want one controller with some little modifications, but I don't have it.

Would you buy one and ship it to mexico? (Were I live)

Last edited:

Smog

Smash Journeyman
For xbox 360 how much sanding do I have to do? It doesn't seem to fit very well.

I got the dual shock stick in the main control stick, but the c-stick slot is thinner with like "railings" coming down. Will sanding them off fix the grinding?

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

You should just have to sand the pot plastic knob a bit and it will fit.. keep testing it in the progress, you can sand it too much!

And as far as the c-stick, yes

Top Bottom