• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom GameCube Controllers

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
It would be sick if the pro e-sports teams that have picked up Melee players got custom controllers for their players, like they do for other e-sports. A Curse controller would look sick.

Also, just curious, why don't you list any prices for mods and stuff?
I think curse made HBox, Chillindude, and MacD controllers, they were really cool but I don't see any of them use them anymore so I think the button paint chipped.

CeLL

Smash Lord
I think curse made HBox, Chillindude, and MacD controllers, they were really cool but I don't see any of them use them anymore so I think the button paint chipped.
I'm sure Curse has the money to splurge to get custom color parts actually made, not just repaint Nintendo stuff.

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
Custom parts wouldn't have paint, though. I mean like an A button actually made from red plastic, for example.
This isn't really practical, since companies do not produce gamecube parts like this. They would have to be special ordered, which surely would not be cheap or easy, or even reasonable due to the income and amount of these products they move (which isn't that many).

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
This isn't really practical, since companies do not produce gamecube parts like this. They would have to be special ordered, which surely would not be cheap or easy, or even reasonable due to the income and amount of these products they move (which isn't that many).
I know it's not practical for individuals, but I'm sure that Curse could get three of each part custom made like that, even if does cost them a lot, or they have to order like 300 because of a minimum quantity or something.

Of course I don't think that they will do it. I'm just saying it would be awesome if they did.

GCS Gaming Customs

Will there ever be more GC Analog Sticks for sale?
Yes, but not for a while. I only have so many, since I have to scavenge them for controllers I put ps3 sticks in. I am currently backed up in analog stick orders.

Last edited:

MasterSavage

Victory Is Yours
3DS FC
2621-2829-4073
is it possible to put the melee dr.mario taunt (where he throws the pill in the air and catches it) on the controller silhouetted in white?
And if so can you put the letters "MS" on the pill. Thanks

GCS Gaming Customs

is it possible to put the melee dr.mario taunt (where he throws the pill in the air and catches it) on the controller silhouetted in white?
And if so can you put the letters "MS" on the pill. Thanks
I can do that. The MS would have to be written in a sharpie pen, color of your choice. Total for that decal would be $25. PM me any more questions you have about your order.

BTW, are you from Concord NC? jw

Last edited:

SuperEpicClay

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperEpicClay
3DS FC
0044-2846-6176
So, I'd like to do a DIY Gamecube controller. I've got a few questions.

So PS3 analog sticks work with GC controllers, correct? If so, I'll gladly buy some off you.

How should I paint my controller?

smoke070

Smash Cadet
do you provide tracking info? i ordered 2 ps3 sticks (bright green/hot pink) to nj.

GCS Gaming Customs

So PS3 analog sticks work with GC controllers, correct? If so, I'll gladly buy some off you.

How should I paint my controller?
They fit right in. Check out this guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-new-guide-to-spray-painting-your-gamecube-controller.265922/ and let me know if you have any questions on that thread.

do you provide tracking info? i ordered 2 ps3 sticks (bright green/hot pink) to nj.
Not for stick orders. Your order should be in Monday.

Last edited:

Gea

Smash Master
Hey, I'm glad to see things are going well for you. Don't forget that come November we will have new(!!!) gamecube controllers on the market. Be sure to advertise your wares to all of the Smash 4 community, I'm sure you could get more business that way. Mock up some character specific designs and wait for the work to roll in.

Good stuff!

smoke070

Smash Cadet
They fit right in
they DO NOT fit right in, GC analog sticks have a notch where they connect whereas the ps3 do not. there is not enough space in the sides as well. im gonna have to do some work to get them in without them being too loose now from sanding.

really disappointed with these ps3 sticks.

GCS Gaming Customs

Hey, I'm glad to see things are going well for you. Don't forget that come November we will have new(!!!) gamecube controllers on the market. Be sure to advertise your wares to all of the Smash 4 community, I'm sure you could get more business that way. Mock up some character specific designs and wait for the work to roll in.

Good stuff!
Thanks for the feedback! And yes, I need to jump on the Smash 4 market. I am having a hard time working this entire job by myself, so I will probably seek out some help to pull out all these products, Im behind as it is!

they DO NOT fit right in, GC analog sticks have a notch where they connect whereas the ps3 do not. there is not enough space in the sides as well. im gonna have to do some work to get them in without them being too loose now from sanding.

really disappointed with these ps3 sticks.
The only issue I have ever come across with the sticks are very rarely not fitting right in (like you said). However, you only have to sand the notch to make them work. If this still doesn't work, I can send you new sticks, since there must be something else wrong I have not encountered with the parts.

Yeah man, the controller I ordered in January with a PS3 stick has already become completely unusable as of May. I would recommend against them.
In what way? I've used my controller with the PS3 stick for a year+ with no issues, is the rubber peeling (I've seen this happen before once) or what happened with your controller? I would be more than happy to compensate in any way possible.

Last edited:

Firejew

Smash Cadet
In what way? I've used my controller with the PS3 stick for a year+ with no issues, is the rubber peeling (I've seen this happen before once) or what happened with your controller? I would be more than happy to compensate in any way possible.
It has a huge dead-zone and is very loose. Also the stick is always pointed slightly up and to the left according to Dolphin. Additionally, there are large dead-zones on the top left (so you're going to up-b and now you've falcon punched)

Edit: There's no cosmetic damage at all, rubber's all good and the paint is lookin' pretty fine still. I've rubbed off some of the paint doing moonwalks though. (The deadzone makes them SO easy for sexy knees, if you manage to get the stick to register left and right)

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

It has a huge dead-zone and is very loose. Also the stick is always pointed slightly up and to the left according to Dolphin. Additionally, there are large dead-zones on the top left (so you're going to up-b and now you've falcon punched)

Edit: There's no cosmetic damage at all, rubber's all good and the paint is lookin' pretty fine still. I've rubbed off some of the paint doing moonwalks though. (The deadzone makes them SO easy for sexy knees, if you manage to get the stick to register left and right)
Im not sure if this is an issue with the potentiometer on the motherboard or the PS3 stick... I can repair your controller for free and figure out the issue, just PM me for more details. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Oh alright. What can you do color wise anything?

I have a white controller and i would like to make the bottom indigo and the shoulder buttons green lol. buzz lightyear looking you know. Would you be able to do that if i mail you my controller? also how much would that be?

GCS Gaming Customs

Oh alright. What can you do color wise anything?

I have a white controller and i would like to make the bottom indigo and the shoulder buttons green lol. buzz lightyear looking you know. Would you be able to do that if i mail you my controller? also how much would that be?
Yes. Refer to the custom form (don't turn it in yet until you are ready to order!) for your order cost here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jAG0yXknDJZmNV4XwbP0HdpICz1_qHMW4mvXltAkM-U/viewform
I can't paint buttons right now, sorry

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Couple of questions.
1. Do you paint N64 Controllers? My friends are getting into the original smash and I'm tired of borrowing a controller.
2. If so, can you paint one with a similar finish to the Spice Orange Gamecube Controller/Spice Orange Gameboy? (matte, not glossy)
3. If not, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

GCS Gaming Customs

Couple of questions.
1. Do you paint N64 Controllers? My friends are getting into the original smash and I'm tired of borrowing a controller.
2. If so, can you paint one with a similar finish to the Spice Orange Gamecube Controller/Spice Orange Gameboy? (matte, not glossy)
3. If not, can you point me in the right direction?
Yes and not exactly. I can paint orange over yellow for a similar color, similar to how I did the triforce green controller with two colors

groovyscooby

Smash Rookie
I just got my black controller in the mail from GCS. It looks and works great!
He's out of stock of black shells, but he went out of his way to find one for me even though I said I'd be okay with a silver one.
Can't thank him enough! I will definitely recommend to others

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hello, I have a few questions:

1. Do the paints chip over time from your custom painted controllers? I have seen several friends who have custom painted controllers and the paint started chipping off after awhile, leaves quite a mess and is pretty annoying to deal with.

2. Will you ever restock on the gamecube controler analog sticks that are currently sold out?

3. Where do you get the parts from? I didn't know you can order c-sticks or analog sticks for the Gamecube controller. Do you get them from scavenging parts from broken controllers?

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, quick question if you don't mind. For your "Removed Trigger Springs", when does the shield in Smash come up? How does the controller look? I don't quite understand how it works.

Just to be more clear,

-Does it work if you just tap it in slightly, or is it still the full way?
-Does the trigger sit lower (As if you're lightshielding) naturally, but the function of lightshielding is disabled?

I'm really interested in ordering but I'm not quite sure how this function works or what you do for it to work, thanks again.

GCS Gaming Customs

Hello, I have a few questions:

1. Do the paints chip over time from your custom painted controllers? I have seen several friends who have custom painted controllers and the paint started chipping off after awhile, leaves quite a mess and is pretty annoying to deal with.

2. Will you ever restock on the gamecube controler analog sticks that are currently sold out?

3. Where do you get the parts from? I didn't know you can order c-sticks or analog sticks for the Gamecube controller. Do you get them from scavenging parts from broken controllers?
1. Only if you are abusive with the controller. It will start to chip a little bit (if you bump it on something hard or drop it on a hardwood floor, yes it will chip a bit). It will look good for 2+ years (you need to replace it at this point anyways) if you keep it clean and avoid wrapping the chord around the controller (leaves small marks). Any damage over time is hardly noticeable in my experience, and only noticeable when you are observing it from less than a foot away.

2. Yes, I am accumulating them right now.

3. I scavenge them. This is why they are hard to come by, and I charge a decent amount for them. I am currently trying to sell more PS3 stick controllers and sanded c-sticks, so I can have a surplus of OEM parts again. I can always sell sanded c-sticks if you are interested in those.

Hey man, quick question if you don't mind. For your "Removed Trigger Springs", when does the shield in Smash come up? How does the controller look? I don't quite understand how it works.

Just to be more clear,

-Does it work if you just tap it in slightly, or is it still the full way?
-Does the trigger sit lower (As if you're lightshielding) naturally, but the function of lightshielding is disabled?

I'm really interested in ordering but I'm not quite sure how this function works or what you do for it to work, thanks again.
Pretend that you have compressed the trigger almost completely just so it needs to click. This is how the triggers will look when you order the removed trigger spring. You cannot light shield with this function, the shield is not activated at all unless you click the trigger. That is why it is recommended for brawl, or on just one trigger for melee people (whichever one you don't light shield with).

cole veit

Smash Rookie
I am thinking about getting one of your "First Party Nintendo Gamecube Controller w/PS3 Stick"s and am curious about the silver one. How is it that it is only 30 bucks but has the silver controller base. Those are very expensive.

Top Bottom