• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Competitive Stage Compilation

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'll be contributing a few of my own concepts soon.
EDIT: They're coming.

NNID: Zzuxon
Stage Designer: Zzuxon

Stage Name: Donkey Kong
Size: Med
Music: Opening (Donkey Kong)
Description: My concept for a good stage based on the original Donkey Kong. the 2 moving platforms always go in opposite directions.
Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOPJ4NIw

Stage Name: Bowser's Castle
Music: The Fated Battle
Description: There has been a trend of Bowser's Castle stages which I think I started with this stage. You might notice a few decorative touches I made.
Link:https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOPJr0yg

Stage Name: Lifted Ground
Music: Style Savvy Trendsetters
Description: My most original stage. I think the image speaks for itself. Some throws stage spike if done at the very edge of the bottom platform, but recovery is easy unless you're at high percent.
Link:https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOO10MFQ

Stage Name: Crossbar Arena
Music: Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8)
Description: There are 2 moving platforms that emerge diagonally from the ground. The lava inside the stage marks their approximate paths.
Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOPN4nSg

Stage Name: Spinwheel
Size: Small
Music: Yoshi's Woolly World
Description: The 4 moving platforms move back and forth in a square shape.
Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOPJrztA

Stage: Spinwheel Alt.
Music: Yoshi's Woolly World
Description: This version is slightly bigger, loses the 2 static platforms, and has the solid platform in the middle.
Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOPL_BdQ

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So, here's some of my stages. :) Nintendo Network ID is Munomario777, and all are designed by myself. They're also all built in the small size, IIRC.

Stage Name:
Green Hills Zone
Music:
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
Description:
Based rather loosely on the stage from Sonic 2 8-bit (as in, I named it that and called it a day :p), this is a more competitive version of the Green Hill stage from Brawl in a sense. The slope is more gentle and non-destructible, and the walk-offs are removed. There's also a couple of platforms added that somewhat resemble the zone's iconic palm trees, and they slope with the terrain.

Stage Name:
SMW Athletic
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario World Medley
Description:
Based on the athletic stages from Super Mario World (complete with grass on the sides of the platform and the spinning blocks for ledges), this stage is somewhat similar to Battlefield, as the spinning-but-really-stationary "ferris wheel" platforms make a familiar formation. However, the block in the middle really makes the stage stand out.

Stage Name:
Tidal Shoals
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Song of Storms
Description:
This dock was built on top of a rock formation, and while it provides a scenic view, it's often covered up by the rising tides, causing aquatic plant life to grow on the wood, including the seaweed hanging down from the stage to create interesting ledges and the cosmetic "grass" in the center (which also helps prevent spawning in the center). The moving platforms to either side of the stage simulate the "tides" by going from the lower blast zone to the position in the image below. Just don't ride them down to the cannons!

Stage Name:
Bowser's Castle
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Fated Battle
Description:
It's about time this iconic location got a stage! The centerpiece of the stage is the "lava bridge" on which Bowser is traditionally battled in the Mario series, but don't worry; it won't collapse this time! However, the lava does flow down below the ledges, making for a tricky hazard to recover around depending on your character. The stage also has a unique layout, with a very high central platform and two slanted ones to either side.

Stage Name:
Cheese Land
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8)
Description:
Based on the track from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (and now Mario Kart 8), this rather simple stage has some nuances that really change things up. Its layout is asymmetrical, but similar on both sides. The slanted land changes up gameplay quite a bit, and the cheese holes underneath the ledges can really mess with recovery, so look out for that!

Stage Name:
Excitebike
Music:
Other - Title Theme (NES Remix 2)
Description:
A rather simple stage based on Excitebike for the NES, this stage does really change up gameplay. The slope is the defining feature, discouraging camping, although standing on the platform can help with this. The stage is, of course, asymmetrical, allowing for many different play styles.

Stage Name:
Mushroom Gorge
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mushroom Gorge
Description:
This stage is very different from the usual competitive fare, making it really stand out. Based on the Mario Kart Wii track, it features three main platforms in the form of the mushrooms, with thin stalks holding each one up. Only the outer edges of the side mushrooms can be grabbed, and the chasms allow for meteor smashes. This is also a great counterpick against Lucas or Ness players.

Stage Name:
Hyrule Castle
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Tal Tal Heights
Description:
Based on the N64 stage of the same name but simplified for competitive play, this stage has a few unique attributes. The tall stack of platforms straight from the classic stage allow for vertical chasing, but the open area on the other side allows for more room to breathe. The ledges are also very unique, thanks to the roof-like structures. You can roll to the other side of them from the ledge, or get up behind them for a defensive wall. It's a very unique attribute. The thing is, I can't figure out how to get players to stop spawning on the soft platforms. Any help? :(

Stage Name:
Fountain of Lava
Music:
Kirby - Gourmet Race
Description:
Based on the Melee stage Fountain of Dreams, this turned out rather different from the original. The moving platforms are replaced by an incomplete Battlefield layout, creating an asymmetrical feel that sort of mimics the classic Melee stage. There's a new moving platform that goes between the two ledges, though. While the lava is mostly cosmetic, it flows down underneath the ledges for a tricky hazard when recovering, so be careful!

Stage Name:
Pipe Towers
Music:
Star Fox - Star Wolf's Theme / Sector Z
Description:
This stage is basically a test of the "asymmetrical" stage concept, allowing for different playstyles for each side. The right hand side has platforms for chasing and shooting projectiles at the raised up left hand side, and a lower ledge for better meteor smashes, while the left hand side is more open for characters like Little Mac, and has a slightly higher ledge for easier vertical KOs (although not quite as good as the platforms on the right can provide).

If any of these stages expire, let me know if you want to download one and I'll see if I can repost it when I get the time. Hope you enjoyed! :)

Last edited:

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
So, here's some of my stages. :) Nintendo Network ID is Munomario777, and all are designed by myself. They're also all built in the small size, IIRC.

Stage Name:
Green Hills Zone
Music:
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
Description:
Based rather loosely on the stage from Sonic 2 8-bit (as in, I named it that and called it a day :p), this is a more competitive version of the Green Hill stage from Brawl in a sense. The slope is more gentle and non-destructible, and the walk-offs are removed. There's also a couple of platforms added that somewhat resemble the zone's iconic palm trees, and they slope with the terrain.

Stage Name:
SMW Athletic
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario World Medley
Description:
Based on the athletic stages from Super Mario World (complete with grass on the sides of the platform and the spinning blocks for ledges), this stage is somewhat similar to Battlefield, as the spinning-but-really-stationary "ferris wheel" platforms make a familiar formation. However, the block in the middle really makes the stage stand out.

Stage Name:
Tidal Shoals
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Song of Storms
Description:
This dock was built on top of a rock formation, and while it provides a scenic view, it's often covered up by the rising tides, causing aquatic plant life to grow on the wood, including the seaweed hanging down from the stage to create interesting ledges and the cosmetic "grass" in the center (which also helps prevent spawning in the center). The moving platforms to either side of the stage simulate the "tides" by going from the lower blast zone to the position in the image below. Just don't ride them down to the cannons!

Stage Name:
Bowser's Castle
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Fated Battle
Description:
It's about time this iconic location got a stage! The centerpiece of the stage is the "lava bridge" on which Bowser is traditionally battled in the Mario series, but don't worry; it won't collapse this time! However, the lava does flow down below the ledges, making for a tricky hazard to recover around depending on your character. The stage also has a unique layout, with a very high central platform and two slanted ones to either side.

Stage Name:
Cheese Land
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8)
Description:
Based on the track from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (and now Mario Kart 8), this rather simple stage has some nuances that really change things up. Its layout is asymmetrical, but similar on both sides. The slanted land changes up gameplay quite a bit, and the cheese holes underneath the ledges can really mess with recovery, so look out for that!

Stage Name:
Excitebike
Music:
Other - Title Theme (NES Remix 2)
Description:
A rather simple stage based on Excitebike for the NES, this stage does really change up gameplay. The slope is the defining feature, discouraging camping, although standing on the platform can help with this. The stage is, of course, asymmetrical, allowing for many different play styles.

Stage Name:
Mushroom Gorge
Music:
Super Mario Kart - Mushroom Gorge
Description:
This stage is very different from the usual competitive fare, making it really stand out. Based on the Mario Kart Wii track, it features three main platforms in the form of the mushrooms, with thin stalks holding each one up. Only the outer edges of the side mushrooms can be grabbed, and the chasms allow for meteor smashes. This is also a great counterpick against Lucas or Ness players.

Stage Name:
Hyrule Castle
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Tal Tal Heights
Description:
Based on the N64 stage of the same name but simplified for competitive play, this stage has a few unique attributes. The tall stack of platforms straight from the classic stage allow for vertical chasing, but the open area on the other side allows for more room to breathe. The ledges are also very unique, thanks to the roof-like structures. You can roll to the other side of them from the ledge, or get up behind them for a defensive wall. It's a very unique attribute. The thing is, I can't figure out how to get players to stop spawning on the soft platforms. Any help? :(

Stage Name:
Fountain of Lava
Music:
Kirby - Gourmet Race
Description:
Based on the Melee stage Fountain of Dreams, this turned out rather different from the original. The moving platforms are replaced by an incomplete Battlefield layout, creating an asymmetrical feel that sort of mimics the classic Melee stage. There's a new moving platform that goes between the two ledges, though. While the lava is mostly cosmetic, it flows down underneath the ledges for a tricky hazard when recovering, so be careful!

Stage Name:
Pipe Towers
Music:
Star Fox - Star Wolf's Theme / Sector Z
Description:
This stage is basically a test of the "asymmetrical" stage concept, allowing for different playstyles for each side. The right hand side has platforms for chasing and shooting projectiles at the raised up left hand side, and a lower ledge for better meteor smashes, while the left hand side is more open for characters like Little Mac, and has a slightly higher ledge for easier vertical KOs (although not quite as good as the platforms on the right can provide).

If any of these stages expire, let me know if you want to download one and I'll see if I can repost it when I get the time. Hope you enjoyed! :)
These all look really aesthetically pleasing (Tidal Shoals looks crazy) Downloading a few of these right now, good work sir

Last edited:

Rifick

Smash Cadet
absolutely in love with your customs. very creative and has inspired me to create more. not all are competitive but look fun as hell.
Thank bud. Means a lot. Usually try to go for fun first, and find a competitive balance over time, and not being a competitive player definatly makes things a little more difficult.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Thank bud. Means a lot. Usually try to go for fun first, and find a competitive balance over time, and not being a competitive player definatly makes things a little more difficult.
I too like the look of your stages, could you provide some miiverse links?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So, I fixed Hyrule Castle. In addition to some clipping issues, the spawn points have been fixed; fighters should now spawn on the beige areas on either side, between the "roofs" and the blue area. The platforms have been changed to moving ones to help with this, which actually gives the stage a bit more energy. They only move a tiny bit side to side.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
More new stages! :D

Stage Name:
Fransokyo Bridge
Music:
Other - Culdcept
Description:
So, the movie Big Hero 6 takes place in a city called "San Fransokyo", basically a mix between San Francisco and Tokyo. Its version of the Golden Gate Bridge has towers shaped sort of like a kind of Japanese shrine, and this stage is based on one of these towers. It has a unique "bowl"-ish shape, with similarly shaped platforms, making for unique play. Those of you who follow me on Miiverse might have downloaded the previous version of this stage, which had a few tiptoeing-related issues and double-thick platforms to fix spawn points, which hampered gameplay. Those have both been fixed in this version, so yay!

Stage Name:
Marió Stadium 3
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Description:
These last three stages all fit into the same sort of category; they're past stages, but reskinned and such to be themed to a different franchise. For instance, this one takes Pokémon Stadium 2 and gives it a Super Mario Bros. 3 theme. (The underlined bits are combined into the stage's name.) It has the same basic layout, but how has warp pipes, note blocks, and question mark blocks below the stage for some added flavor! Those of you who follow me on Miiverse might have downloaded the previous version of this stage, which had a few tiptoeing-related issues, clipping issues, and double-thick platforms to fix spawn points, which hampered gameplay. Those have all been fixed in this version, so yay! Also, the note blocks were originally donut blocks, so yeah. :)

Stage Name:
Skyworld Island
Music:
Kid Icarus - Overworld
Description:
This one is Yoshi's Island from Brawl, but with a Kid Icarus-esque aesthetic. The main platform, resembling Skyworld's structures, resides on the cloud below it, made of multiple round shapes. There's also a moving platform that goes below the ledges in place of the ghost platform from the original Yoshi's Island stage, and in place of the tilting soft platform, there's a stationary one.

Stage Name:
Brin-Star Fox
Music:
Star Fox - Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
Description:
In Melee and Brawl, Brinstar was a stage with a rather competitive-friendly layout, but the lava and destructible elements sort of ruined it. Here, those have both been omitted (not like I could add them if I actually wanted to...), and the aesthetic has been changed to taking place on top of a spaceship, flying through outer space. The ship is carrying some cargo right behind the cabin, resembling the shape of the destructible area in the original stage. The stage is also a bit smoother, allowing for better competitive play. Those of you who follow me on Miiverse might have downloaded the previous version of this stage, which had a few tiptoeing-related issues and clipping issues. Those have both been fixed in this version, so yay!

Also, I updated Nintendo Land. The bottom platforms are now solid and grabbable, and the top area is wider. You can also follow me on Miiverse to catch my stages before they're posted here! :)

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Even more stages! :D

Stage Name:
Temploon Fight

Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Great Temple/Temple
Description:
Continuing the trend of recreating stages with a different theme, this Zelda themed stage is modeled around the 3DS version's Balloon Fight stage, with its notable features being the pit in the center and platforms of varying sizes. The ledges are also sort of like the original stage, able to catch recoveries under the small lip if you're not careful!

Stage Name:
Potted Japes

Music:
Pikmin - Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
Description:
This stage is less of a recreation of a past stage, and more of an inspiration from one. It's a Pikmin themed stage, and takes place on a flower pot and the "leaves" of the plant that resides in the pot. It's loosely inspired by Jungle Japes from Melee and the 3DS game, although it is very loose. There are two platforms above the main stage and two bigger ones to the sides, opening up more options and changing edgeguarding, recovery, and more.

Hope you enjoyed the stages! By the way, you can also follow me on Miiverse to catch my stages before they're posted here! :)

Last edited:

Whia

Smash Apprentice
So this be the first of potentially many contributions to this thread. I've got multiple dozen competitive-style stages, the vast majority very neutral, and virtually all of them very simple in their design.

(Note, none of these have been uploaded to Miiverse yet 'cause my Internet connection has been inexplicably crap lately. Will upload them and edit this post with links as soon as that sorts itself out.)

--------

Stage name: Adessa
Stage size: Medium
Music: Snowman

Name: Dawn Metropolis
Size: Medium
Music: 02 Battle
Description: Fairly lengthy main platform, littered with a plethora of generally small floating platforms. Design based on the album of the same name by Anamanaguchi.

Name: Star Garden
Music: Fountain of Dreams

Name: El Cielo
Music: Id (Purpose)
Description: Very high ceiling, a feature offset by two floating platforms on either side, both very close to the blastzones and able to net some easy kills if you can catch someone on them.

Name: American Theatre
Music: Style Savvy: Trendsetters

Name: Vail
Music: Outdoors at 7 p.m.
Description: Valley in the middle, meant to help discourage some projectile camping (but obviously not effective against all projectiles). Single, long platform in the middle, too high above said valley to be able to clip opponents with up-tilts and up-smashes, except on the very corners where the gap closes by a couple squares.

Name: Ideius
Music: Battlefield (Brawl)
Description: Two sets of floating platforms just off-center. They start near the middle and make for a pretty standard platform layout, but they move off the edge of the stage, serving as something of a quasi-stage hazard. If you and an opponent get caught up fighting on those platforms, you risk being knocked off at an inopportune time and may end up too far from the main stage to recover.

Last edited:

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
Hey just make another post here once you edit your first one, I get replies on my email and I maay forget to check if you've updated your miiverse links (edits don't show up in my inbox).

DC| Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yayforall
3DS FC
3007-8110-9759
NNID: yayforall
Name: port Mackrel
Size: medium

Description: this stage is modeled after port Mackrel, obviously! It has a double platform that moves back and forth across the screen, although not to far, so it's always a factor to cosider.
It also has a few plats in a reverse battlefield format. Lastly, it has a slightly higher ceiling than default, so this is a good stage for floaties! Enjoy!
Download: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkRbbq84A

Attachments

Last edited:

FoxMcLovin

Smash Cadet
NNID
FoxMcLovin
3DS FC
5069-4258-0764
Last edited:

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
Nintendo ID: manrangan
Stage Name: Sight's Aria
Stage Designer: manrangan
Stage Size: Medium
Stage Music: Credits (Super Smash Bros)
Stage Description: A fusion of Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Story. it has a focus on comboing with the use of the low platforms, without the weird tilting of Lylat Cruise, and the rather easy recoveries of Yoshi's Story. I took a few ques from the old Lylat and Dreamland 64 in terms of recovery, it won't be so easy if you try to recover from under the stage.
I believe it to be a good stage for both 1 on 1 competitive play and casual free for alls! Try it out if you're interested.

Miiverse Link: DOWNLOAD HERE

Screenshots

Last edited:

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Nintendo ID: todayalive96

Stage Name: Miracle Bay
Music: Song of Storms
Description: Originally inspired by Great Bay, but modified to create something unique. Moving platforms go horizontally through the stage. The large bottom platforms go under the stage, like Peach's Castle 64, while the smaller ones go above the stage, like Smashville. They can aid recovery or extend combos. When the platforms are not present, the stage resembles Final Destination. Indents in the bottom of the platform can mess around with recovery, so recover wisely when the platforms are not present off stage. Platforms go to the edges of each side.

(Pardon the photo quality, I couldn't figure out how to upload screenshots)

Last edited:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Amazing Thread. Bookmarking :) Does anybody know a place where I can download a custom Yoshi Islands Brawl stage?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
You could make a psuedo-stage of it, having the rising platforms alternate between each other going up and down (while one is up, the other is down) and put barrels on the lowest section of each platform course to discourage the act of staying on the platform. The only issues I can think of is if you get spiked into the barrel if you were a character who could recover back, but I think the barrel would be too low, so I doubt that many characters could do so. Maybe Pika, Villager and ROB? Maybe Olimar depending on the situation?

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Brainstorming thoughts. A competitive or casual stage version of Planet Zebes from ssb64? Green Hill Zone (Pro M) stage? Rumble Falls (Pro M) Stage?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Brainstorming thoughts. A competitive or casual stage version of Planet Zebes from ssb64? Green Hill Zone (Pro M) stage? Rumble Falls (Pro M) Stage?
I don't think Green Hills M is possible to make.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
Nintendo ID: b2jammer
Stage Name: Magma Mount Pier
Stage Designer: Ben
Stage Size: Medium
Stage Music: (WarioWare) - WarioWare, Inc.
Stage Description: To the left is a lava floor that prevents meteor smash KOs, but allows for interesting setups. To the right is a risky camping location in the form of a moving platform. On top is a static platform that can be used for vertical KO setups, but is tricky to use due to its placement.
Miiverse Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHke9MPoJQ

Last edited:

FoxMcLovin

Smash Cadet
NNID
FoxMcLovin
3DS FC
5069-4258-0764
I don't think it'd be possible to remake Green Hill Zone PM.
Planet Zebes is an interesting concept.. Only thing that's odd is the stage has many slants. I don't really know how i'd be able to make it work :ohwell:
Rumble Falls PM is definitely possible, although it doesn't really strike my fancy :urg:
If you have any other ideas let me know! :)

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why haven't I senen this thread before?
My friends/contacts can't get enough of the Neutral Customs I make.
Definitely gonna share some of 'em with you later on.

Top Bottom