• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Competitive Stage Compilation

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We shared them online then too -- doesn't mean they'll practice them.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
We can make stages as good or better than the 'normal' stages by plotting out what we want first and meeting that goal. "We need a small stage that encourages off stage play" = a small stage that encourages off stage play.
Yes. Yes yes yes. If custom stages end up being a serious thing then I am officially 100% all for this.

Plan **** out first, yo.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you want custom stages to be a thing, find a need that isn't being filled and fill it. Host a large tournament / tournament series and use the custom stage in your events.

DC| Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yayforall
3DS FC
3007-8110-9759
Stage Name: Citadel
Stage Designer: MisterrQuentin
Stage Size: Medium
Stage Music: Culdcept
This is my personal favorite because of how well it plays, But that might just be me being bias, as i have only tested it with cpu's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stage Name: Standoff
Stage Music: Lip's Theme (Panel de Pon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stage Name: Tie Breaker v2
Stage Music: Bubblegum K.K.

Stage Name: Showdown
Stage Size: Small
Stage Music: Title (3D Hot Rally)
This is probably the least interesting one, but its still fun none the less.

Citadel and tie breaker V2 could present problems with walls. The left and right plats on standoff are a little Cave-of-lifey. Standoff is fine, and it's layout is a really cool concept.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Here's a few of mine. Of course, all of these are designed by myself. I'm not sure on what size I used to make them, sorry. :/

Stage Name: Battle Bridge
Origin: Super Mario Galaxy (loosely)
Music: Fated Battle
Features: Curved terrain, tilted platforms
While the chasm lined with lava may raise some eyebrows, the titular bridge makes it a non-issue, and it serves only for aesthetic purposes. The curved main stage and platforms can hinder projectile users, but the far right platforms can provide a bit of high ground to help deal with this change. The layout is rather basic other than that, but it's not seen in any other Smash 4 stage.

Stage Name: Blade Battlefield
Origin: Fire Emblem series (loosely)
Music: Attack (Fire Emblem)
Features: Wall, lava, moving platforms
The wall in the center forces characters to jump to approach, and the moving platforms (the side ones move up to the height of the sword hilt, and the top one moves up a bit further than it is in the image) coming in and out of the stage keep things fresh. The dangerous blade underneath the stage usually doesn't interfere with the battle, but discourages going under to the other side.

Stage Name: Brinstarena
Origin: Metroid series
Music: Brinstar
Features: Uneven ground, lava and logo aesthetics, uneven platforms
Like Battle Bridge, the lava here is purely for looks, since there's a bridge over it. However, the bridge does create a bit of raised ground, which can possibly block certain projectiles. The Metroid logo below the fighting area shows off the stage's series of origin (as if the music and name didn't make that obvious enough), and while the center platforms resemble Battlefield, the ones to the sides make the stage stand out a bit more.

Stage Name: Kirbattlefield
Origin: Kirby series
Music: The Great Cave Offensive
Features: Uneven ground, smiley face platforms, high top areas
HIIIIIII! *ahem* Anyway, this stage is rather large, both in horizontal and vertical space. Uneven ground, blocking projectiles, you get the idea. The two platforms above the ledges allow for more options when recovering from the ledge, and the "smiley face" platform arrangement makes for some interesting play, especially since the two "eyes" are so high up.

Stage Name: The Machine
Origin: Earthbound/Mother series (loosely)
Music: Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise
Features: Moving platforms, slanted ground, moving platforms, moving platforms... did I mention the moving platforms?
So, how about those moving platforms? :p Seriously, though, this stage is always in motion, for obvious reasons. The middle platform and the two far to the sides rise in and out of the stage in unison, the ones between those move side-to-side and up and down a bit, and the ones along the sides go all the way from the bottom to the top (but there are cannons down there to prevent camping on them). The inside is, again, only for aesthetics, so it won't affect the battle (unless items are on, in which case they'll likely spawn inside and be trapped).

Stage Name: Treetop Toss-up
Origin: Donkey Kong Country Returns (loosely)
Music: Mole Patrol
Features: Unusual ledges, curved terrain, high platforms
And you thought Lylat's edges were bad? These ones are even more punishing to missed recoveries from below, trapping the recovering fighter behind the broken log bridges, but this also makes it more forgiving for close-up or horizontal recoveries. The high-up platforms can mix up battles, and while fighters sometimes glitch through the log bridge, there's a drop-through platform inside to prevent them from falling to their death.

Stage Name: Burger
Origin: Donald Land (not really)
Music: Brinstar
Features: Slopes, Lylat edges, bendy platforms
So yeah. I made a burger stage. Deal with it. The heavily-sloped center can make for some interesting play, and the french fry edges are reminiscent of Lylat Cruise. The french fry drop-throughs are rather bent, forcing players to adapt. Overall, this is a rather simple stage in concept, but the curves and bends twist it into a more complex arena.

Name: Pokemon Stadium X
Origin: Pokemon series
Music: Trainer Battle (X/Y)
Features: Side platforms, open center, Pokeball logo
Taking elements of both WarioWare and the Pokemon Stadiums, this stage is rather simple, yet unique. The platforms are stacked vertically on the sides, but the center is left rather open for some nice aerial battles. There's really not much else to say other than the Pokeball in the center of the stage, rather than the grass due to Stage Builder limitations.

Stage Name: Green Hill Zone
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
Music: Green Hill Zone
Features: Moving platform.
It's Project: M's version, but with a different underside and a different movement pattern for the platform. Next.

Stage Name: noitanitseD laniF
Origin: Super Smash Bros. series
Music: Final Destination Ver. 2
Features: Upside down-ness
It's Final Destination, but upside-down! :D The hill makes the stage rather different, and while this version lacks grabbable edges, that can easily be fixed (but they still resemble Lylat).

Stage Name: Great Tower of Bowser Land
Origin: Super Mario 3D World
Music: Battle on the Great Tower 2
Features: Lava POW Block, springs, ceiling
It's the last stage, so how fitting it's from a final boss! Specifically, it's from Super Mario 3D World's Bowser fight. Basically, you're climbing a tower and you have to hit the POW Block that Bowser's standing on at the top to defeat him. The stage's main feature is the POW Block in the center. This serves multiple purposes. First off, the "POW" is made of lava, which will damage any fighters careless enough to jump into it (or get knocked into it)! It also serves as a platform to stand on, or a low ceiling to bounce around on. Also, there are springs and lower ledges to either side to represent the climbing of the tower. Overall, this is another simple, yet very unique stage.

MisterrQuentin

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterrQuentin
Citadel and tie breaker V2 could present problems with walls. The left and right plats on standoff are a little Cave-of-lifey. Standoff is fine, and it's layout is a really cool concept.
Thanks for the feedback, but may i ask why walls may cause problems? so i can avoid using them in the future.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I believe that the balance/DLC patch on the 15th will also enable sharing on the Wii U version. If that's the case, then I might actually share some of the stages that I've made here.
EDIT: I've checked, and the April 15th update does indeed let you share stuff.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
With stage sharing almost upon us I'm not sure if I'd be better off waiting but whatever. Here's two stages I made and am fairly happy with how they turned out.

Music: The Grand Finale

Tower is designed to mess with recovering. As you can see, the sides of the stage are made of lava, which will hit you right back out on contact. The idea came to me when I thought about the ledges on Lylat Cruise and wondered if it was possible to make a stage that was similarly difficult to sweetspot without being too annoying. The 6 squares of non-lava wall are so that tall characters like Ganondorf can actually hold the ledge safely -- any less and they basically have to get up immediately or else get hit.

The platforms over the ledges can provide a way for players to recover high and help prevent the stage from turning into "who can stagespike better."

The lava in the center is covered by a moving platform that starts level with the floor and moves up level with the other platforms. This particular hazard was just me being somewhat cheeky -- I've been trying to figure out what constitutes a "viable" stage hazard, i.e. a hazard that doesn't render a stage unfit for competitive play.

As a final note, the stage is on the large side but is still contained in the "small" template. The blast zones are therefore closer than usual to the sides.

Music: Magicant/8 Melodies for now, see below

For this stage I took inspiration from Randall. The platforms underneath the ledges can save players who barely miss the ledge, but can also be used to aid in edgeguarding if they're out at the right time. The center platforms simply move up and down. The platforms are also in sync; when the side platforms are out, the center platform is not, and vice versa.

Like Tower, the stage is a smidge on the wide side, but the transient nature of the platforms make it a bit less obvious. The slopes on the bottom still let you recover.

Still trying to decide on a BGM. Right now it's Magicant/8 Melodies, earlier it was Wii Sports Medley. I'm looking for a beachy, sporty sort of theme but haven't yet found "the one." Suggestions?

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Ocean Palace:

Rifick.tumblr.com/post/106045019402/stage-name-ocean-palace-size-medium-music
Could we get a grid picture for this stage? I really want to make it but I can't tell what goes where without a grid picture.

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Hi guys! This is something I'd like to get involved with. I, too believe that especially with the recent news that Custom Stages will become shareable, they should be incorporated into competitive play. I host a popular tournament series in NYC at which I plan to test this out when possible, but I can foresee a larger scale application. I think that we should start a "Custom Stage Project" similar to the project that resulted in the custom movesets used for EVO (I'm aware I'm not the only one with this idea.) I think that the community can vote on the best Custom Stages to compile a list of standardized, play-tested Stages that are tournament ready and can be easily shared between Wii Us. As many have begun working on and/or suggested, I believe it would be best to start with static versions of stages with janky hazards or transformations but decent neutral positions like PS2 and WarioWare. I'd like to test these at my events ASAP, let me know what you guys think

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
With stage sharing about to be a thing, I'm going to be spotlighting custom stages from the community. :)

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic

Music: The Grand Finale

Tower is designed to mess with recovering. As you can see, the sides of the stage are made of lava, which will hit you right back out on contact. The idea came to me when I thought about the ledges on Lylat Cruise and wondered if it was possible to make a stage that was similarly difficult to sweetspot without being too annoying. The 6 squares of non-lava wall are so that tall characters like Ganondorf can actually hold the ledge safely -- any less and they basically have to get up immediately or else get hit.

The platforms over the ledges can provide a way for players to recover high and help prevent the stage from turning into "who can stagespike better."

The lava in the center is covered by a moving platform that starts level with the floor and moves up level with the other platforms. This particular hazard was just me being somewhat cheeky -- I've been trying to figure out what constitutes a "viable" stage hazard, i.e. a hazard that doesn't render a stage unfit for competitive play.

As a final note, the stage is on the large side but is still contained in the "small" template. The blast zones are therefore closer than usual to the sides.
If you really want it to muck with recoveries, I'd angle those lava edges slightly, so they send you downward. As it is now, a character with bad vertical recovery can just take the lava hit and get their recovery back to recover horizontally. If that's what you're going for, it's great.

Also, I made a couple of stages but I never get around to sharing them. If I don't post any by the time sharing comes out, someone hound me about em, okay?

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Here's something I made.

Size: Medium
Music: Dialga/Palkia Battle
Description: A large stage with small boundaries. While there's plenty of room to run away, staying too close to the edges puts you at risk for a very early kill. The edges are reminiscent of Brawl's Final destination; difficult to sweetspot, with a large penalty to pay for trying to recover too low.

Rifick

Smash Cadet
Could we get a grid picture for this stage? I really want to make it but I can't tell what goes where without a grid picture.
Sorry for the delay. I wasn't aware I left it out of the library.
You should be able to find it here:

http://imgur.com/a/MHb6J

Let me know how it turns out. If you have any trouble with the layering order, I can send you a grid with the larger items deleted so you can see what's underneath.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
If you really want it to muck with recoveries, I'd angle those lava edges slightly, so they send you downward. As it is now, a character with bad vertical recovery can just take the lava hit and get their recovery back to recover horizontally. If that's what you're going for, it's great.

Also, I made a couple of stages but I never get around to sharing them. If I don't post any by the time sharing comes out, someone hound me about em, okay?
Way late responding to this, but Mario, at least, is doomed if he touches the lava without his double jump. The knockback/hitstun is surprisingly strong.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I cannot wait of the update. We can finally share custom stages !

Hopefully, this will kick start the use of more neutral and unique stages in tournaments.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
With the sharing centre being a thing now, I'll be starting a Custom Stage Sharing series (on my youtube channel CobbsGames) where I take a look at community stages and try them out, as well as offer my thoughts. Should be fun, I expect to run into some of these stages here!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Not at all, though to be honest, I just made the stage so I could hear that song. I love that song so much. If you can make it look more pleasing than my floaty rock formation, please do.
It's done. Here's my attempt at Lip's stage, Flower World;

Now that we actually can share stages, do you want to send me a friend request so I can send you my revision, @ EmblemCrossing EmblemCrossing ?

Of course, it'll have to be in a few days because I'm currently banned from Miiverse, but yeah.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Now that we actually can share stages, do you want to send me a friend request so I can send you my revision, @ EmblemCrossing EmblemCrossing ?

Of course, it'll have to be in a few days because I'm currently banned from Miiverse, but yeah.
I completely forgot I made this stage, yo. NNID - Sparky5151

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Gonna be checking here alot loving the stages. Will there be links to download these?

Last edited:

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
Can finally link my Miiverse with most of my stages, competitive or otherwise. If you like a stage and want to try it out you can follow Mii on Miiverse or give the stage a yeah! After witch you'll be able to find it in your history and download on the Wii U.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/TheThunderPunch/posts

Here are some examples of my competitive works.

Enjoy. :)
Ocean Palace looks godly for doubles tho, How I can get it the filters for sharing are terrible

Top Bottom