• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
Funny that you mention that. Did you play as Palutena?

I'm at 2,510 atm
Wasn't me then. Only my Corrin and ZSS are good enough for elite.
In a way it feels like once you unlock elite for bragging rights you might be better off just heading to the glorious battle arenas...because GSP puts an arbitrary pressure on you not to lose when your only goal should be to improve every match.

I know people will chime in at me and say "Just don't pay attention to your GSP!", but is that a realistic expectations for most of us who are basically wifi warriors? Lol
100% agree. I am more chill when I play in arenas than in elite. Also people are generally bigger assholes in elite. Tea-bagging being probably the most offensive one. It also became really stale when every opponent you face off is literally using the same five characters i.e. projectile spammers and heavies. Still fun though, but elite is definitely worse than For Glory.

On topic: I am now 2.536 mil with ZSS. Highest I have seen were a Pac-man and Mario each having 2.545 mil points.

Itskeeler21

Smash Rookie
just saw ZeRo's stream his top character is K Rool at 1,573,150

so this guy is like half a million higher than ZeRo's best character? wow
Dunno and dont care, gsp is a worthless number lol

Played a guy who hit 1.806m online.
I currently have 2,130,283 on Pit, 2,088,953 on Bowser, 2,087,167 on Lucina and 2,014,089 on Yoshi. I could post a screenshot if someone told me how

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I currently have 2,130,283 on Pit, 2,088,953 on Bowser, 2,087,167 on Lucina and 2,014,089 on Yoshi. I could post a screenshot if someone told me how
Just so you know, the best GSP in the world keeps rising every day as more people join. There's no need to prove your GSP. Especially since it's not even Elite Smash level currently.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Currently at 2.536mil, which puts the highest I've heard of around 2.552mil.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
2,563,163 with Ike

2,560,067 with Roster... pic from earlier in the night...

Last edited:

KingDadada

Smash Rookie
That's nuts to have that many chars. I only have one in elite smash and my roster gsp is similar so clearly that is nearly meaningless.

I saw some ness player at around 2.587 I think, which was like a full 15k or so higher than anyone else I saw.

xRaDx

Smash Rookie
There was this really annoying mega man. Got 5 wins off me and it sent him to 2.6mil. Was really disappointed.

On another note, Played Mew2King and I almost beat him Lol.

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait until sales stop and all the people who go online would have all been online. Then GSP will stop going up and we will have a pretty good ranking system.

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
So have you all seen this?

https://youtu.be/SyWo92IGJxQ

Seems we understand way less about GSP than is factual...

Roster GSP just appears to me a complete x factor, and GSP itself is not assuredly your "rank" amongst the actual number of online players...really wish ranking systems didn't need to be a shadowy secret anymore in competitive games...

Last edited:

NLA6

Smash Rookie
Quick Question i have 2.5 mil on snake and i still dont have elite smash

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
Snakes elite smash threshold is likely higher than average due to his popularity with Ally showing some neato stuff with him and in general the ability to be campy with a good recovery.

Ryou

Smash Rookie
GSP : 2 581 796 with Daisy... I win like 700 points per victory...

meowth_

Smash Cadet
Roster gsp is 2.4 mill, adult link at 2.4. All rando chars I haven’t played yet are defaulted at 1.8 mil

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the elite smash threshold is like the stock market and it fluctuates. I got Roy in elite after 1 match. So i think the current threshold, as of 1:43 MDT 12/31/18 is 2.574mil.

SirPortaPotey

Smash Rookie
Wasn't me then. Only my Corrin and ZSS are good enough for elite.
100% agree. I am more chill when I play in arenas than in elite. Also people are generally bigger ******** in elite. Tea-bagging being probably the most offensive one. It also became really stale when every opponent you face off is literally using the same five characters i.e. projectile spammers and heavies. Still fun though, but elite is definitely worse than For Glory.

On topic: I am now 2.536 mil with ZSS. Highest I have seen were a Pac-man and Mario each having 2.545 mil points.
Its crazy how much more points you lose than you gain. With such a poor matchmaking system too, it really makes playing elite mode more stressing than it oughta be. They should have it to where you at least lose 25% less gsp when you lose playing on someone else’s preferences or something.

R208

Smash Cadet
Nah. The vast majority of people use decent rulesets. It's honestly fine. Even then, it's pretty easy to counter-cheese on poor rulesets.

Though frustrating, I do feel it's acceptable to lose more GSP then you win at higher levels, as you'll be matched with people at a far lower skill level most of the time. Really, really sucks to lose 3-6 games worth of wins for a loss, but then it's nice to have something on the line.

daletron

Smash Cadet
2.611 with oli. I lose quite a bit of gsp and gain very little. Four losses is equal to one win in terms of gsp. I've only seen a few people with slightly higher gsp than me. Everybody I face is fairly decent and a few are unbelievably good. At this point I'm also matching up 100% proper rules/settings (virtually no cheap ********). But only the really good people will rematch. Most are too scared to rematch even if they beat me. To be fair I'm an absolute nightmare to deal with.

R208

Smash Cadet
2.616m for highest elite. 3m+ for classic now. \o/

Lowest elite is 2.546m (Cloud)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So have you all seen this?

https://youtu.be/SyWo92IGJxQ

Seems we understand way less about GSP than is factual...

Roster GSP just appears to me a complete x factor, and GSP itself is not assuredly your "rank" amongst the actual number of online players...really wish ranking systems didn't need to be a shadowy secret anymore in competitive games...
I'm inclined to believe that GSP may actually just be a sliding scale, as it's quite clear that your rank isn't unique (and the system has no real way of calculating where you are in a sea of 2 million+ players anyway).

So I'm guessing...

-Top 10% of the playerbase is in Elite smash, which is actually a number that grows every time another player logs into online. For example, 1.5 mil smash players X 10% = 150,000 players could be in elite smash. at 2.5 million players, 250,000 players can be elite, etc.

-The system knows a rough total of how many players there are but the exact number is likely unknown and irrelevant

-The higher you get to the "end" of the ranking, the slower and slower you'll gain GSP until you might be getting none at all or 1 per win (but losing a lot of GSP every loss).

-Your GSP increases as more players are added (which is a fact) as they're added in below you, but I don't believe this actually means your ranking is unique

I also say all of the aforementioned based upon one very simple observation: if someone is indeed the #1, say, Mario player in the entire world (or at least their region), the game hasn't told them about it because I'm positive we'd be seeing boast posts about such a thing by now if it were in the game.

GSP is a neat idea, but it changes too easily and has too little meaningful basis to be anything more than "bragging rights". I've hit elite on Bowser and KRool and while I attend tournaments and have done decently in the past, I'm not usually getting anywhere near grand finals in these. Ergo, it's clear that elite smash isn't going to translate directly into real results, per se.

Last edited:

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I do find it hard to believe that there are so many people in elite smash if it's allegedly the top 10%. But what ever, I do like point system. Old school arcade machine had point systems so enjoy it for what it is.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I do find it hard to believe that there are so many people in elite smash if it's allegedly the top 10%. But what ever, I do like point system. Old school arcade machine had point systems so enjoy it for what it is.
You go the part of the community where that 10% conglomerates then yeah you're more likely to find more of them.

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean by "so many"? To me that just sounds hyperbolic. Yeah there's a handful of us posting in this thread repeatedly...but think about the numbers were dealing with, there's probably around 2.8-2.9 million players doing online if GSP is an indicator as we've been told it is..

You take the top 10% of any character and it's going to be a hefty number of people who are LIKELY invested in competitively playing Smash in order to have gotten there. This forum houses a lot of those types.

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
2,633,353 with Ike

Elite cutoff is currently between 2,573,000 and 2,575,000

Also I HIGHLY doubt that elite smash is the top 10%. It's probably much smaller than that. Like top 5% or even 2%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom