• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDadada

Smash Rookie
You've never seen anyone beyond 2.2 mill???? Tons of us in this thread are.
I might've been slightly off but had played a few hours earlier and our posts were a few hours apart. Six hours is enough time for everyone to jump 25k, haven't checked my gsp since though. This thread was full of people at 2.2+ mill after my post not before.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
2,041,340 With DK. No elite smash.

I saw 2.5k I think but no higher.

Last edited:

Imluu

Smash Rookie
2,081,260 atm with inkling. Still no Elite smash. Have not seen any higher ingame yet.

R208

Smash Cadet
2.2m even is currently the threshold, or super close. That's where my MK is and he's my lowest-rated Elite at the current moment.

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
2.2m even is currently the threshold, or super close. That's where my MK is and he's my lowest-rated Elite at the current moment.
Makes sense, it's probably around there right now. I was sitting at 2.255mil earlier this morning when I woke up. Highest I've seen would've woken up somewhere around 2.27mil if they still haven't lost any GSP.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
2,264 mil with ZSS. With Corrin as well... until I got beaten 15 times in a row and got sent back to online smash. Can confirm though that 2,221 gets you into elite. Highest I have seen were a Villager and the most campy and disrespectful Mii Gunner ever, both had 2,274 mil.

Another thing I noticed was that ZSS gets a lot less points than Corrin. Even when both were nearly at the same number, Corrin got like 1000 points per Victory while ZSS only like 500 points.

D

Deleted member

I got 1.7 mill with little mac but got beat 5 times in a row by mostly casuals with stupid items or that stupid F-zero stage but 1.7 wasn't enough for elite i gess

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
2,274,858 with rob. Tried to push it with some wins but I only gained GSP in the hundreds with each one. Also got schooled by m2k’s ganon so that didn’t help things!

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
2,274,858 with rob. Tried to push it with some wins but I only gained GSP in the hundreds with each one. Also got schooled by m2k’s ganon so that didn’t help things!
Haha I'd imagine not. Did you see his GSP relative to yours?

Flamingbird

Smash Cadet
I don’t know if people care much about classic but Olimar holds my highest GSP in classic. Roster GSP online is 2.2mil
2598AC82-E0C3-4473-9F6F-37958C49CEFC.jpeg

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
2.298mil with Dark Samus

Which means the highest rank I heard of is around 2.313mil right now because they should be 15,000 above me at my current GSP.

Last edited:

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
I caught a bit of Zero's stream earlier and saw that he's attempting to go for 3 mil GSP but his highest character is around 2.3 or something?

I think that's interesting, as he is a talented player, it's indicative that nobody is truly dominant yet in elite smash, considering there's plenty of us dangling around 2.2-2.3.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I caught a bit of Zero's stream earlier and saw that he's attempting to go for 3 mil GSP but his highest character is around 2.3 or something?

I think that's interesting, as he is a talented player, it's indicative that nobody is truly dominant yet in elite smash, considering there's plenty of us dangling around 2.2-2.3.
He won't be able to until there are 3mil online players. Currently the ceiling is probably not much higher than 2.32.

But I really like this online system because it allows every person who has the game to compete against the very best competitive players if you're skilled enough to claw your way up. Lots of players who never took the time to play smash competitively, but always knew they'd do well, are having a chance to prove themselves - myself included (although until I'm in the top 10,000 I won't consider myself to be anything special).

I think the pros will be finding a bigger pool of players to train and compete against, and hopefully that translates to bigger tournaments at the local level in real life. I know I'm going to start going to them in my area!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
He won't be able to until there are 3mil online players. Currently the ceiling is probably not much higher than 2.32.

But I really like this online system because it allows every person who has the game to compete against the very best competitive players if you're skilled enough to claw your way up. Lots of players who never took the time to play smash competitively, but always knew they'd do well, are having a chance to prove themselves - myself included (although until I'm in the top 10,000 I won't consider myself to be anything special).

I think the pros will be finding a bigger pool of players to train and compete against, and hopefully that translates to bigger tournaments at the local level in real life. I know I'm going to start going to them in my area!
That is very wishful thinking, and I wish it were that way. I don't want to burst your bubble, but I've ran into plenty of people in quickplay well above the 2 million range who very obviously have no experience playing competitively. There are a lot of people high up who have their preferred settings set to 2 stock 3 minutes, sometimes with all stages enabled. Actually they appear more now than when I was under a million. Matches usually go to time unless someone SDs. I feel like this is what occurs when you play purely for rank rather than for practice. Losing against someone good 10+ times because you want the practice on someone better than you destroys your GSP and no one is willing to do that now that it counts for something. I feel like Arenas will be the future for competitive online stuff.

Last edited:

xRaDx

Smash Rookie
One thing I noticed when I picked up robin, he was sitting at 2.03M which was the standard. Never used him before. Won 4 straight matches and he jumped to 2.31. As for my Palutena, she was at 2.25. Won one match and only went up to 2.28...

So I guess with this I can conclude more people play Palutena or at least there are more Palu's above me? I'm still a little confused about this GSP

Last edited:

meowth_

Smash Cadet
One thing I noticed when I picked up robin, he was sitting at 2.03M which was the standard. Never used him before. Won 4 straight matches and he jumped to 2.31. As for my Palutena, she was at 2.25. Won one match and only went up to 2.28...

So I guess with this I can conclude more people play Palutena or at least there are more Palu's above me? I'm still a little confused about this GSP
My daisy is at 1.9mil right now, it didn’t take as long as my YL and Falcon to get to 2 mill. But it looks like it’s being averaged out on the roster anyway.

All of the chars that I never touched, on my roster, had a jump in default GSP when I was climbing though. First five hours on YL was just bouncing around between 2 mill and 1.5 mill. Yanked a few times but got matched up against 1.8+ more frequently as it climbed, and lost less per game as time went on.

Edit: daisy is 1.9, Link at 2.1
Roster is 2.14

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
2.4m with ganon
Damn I didn't think it went that high yet. That's both exciting and frustrating at the same time haha. Do you mind snapping a photo for us? I just want to confirm this one because it blows away the expectations we've had thus far - it's several percentiles higher than anyone else has seen. Elite Smash probably encompasses more than the top 5 percentile if this one checks out.

Last edited:

Wyti

Smash Rookie
Found a 2.355m Samus, was not pretty for me :p

Edit: found a 2.360m DK, he gained about 300 ranks after winning so this seems very close to the current cap

Last edited:

NoodlesAndSalad

Smash Rookie

I think I may be the highest ranked Palutena right now, my GSP is around 2.85 million

peazncheez

Smash Rookie
I had 2.31M with Diddy around 5:30 PM eastern today but still no elite smash, anyone know where the cutoff currently is? I’ve seen people in the 2.3s but no 2.4s

Telek

Smash Rookie
Hi all. I'm currently fighting against some people in the 2,390s, and wins and losses don't seem to move anyone much. Recently a Gdorf, Chrom and Pikachu

Just fought a 2403 daisy

The elite smash cutoff was somewhere between 2302 and 2332 this afternoon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom