• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Sage

Smash Rookie
Damn I didn't think it went that high yet. That's both exciting and frustrating at the same time haha. Do you mind snapping a photo for us? I just want to confirm this one because it blows away the expectations we've had thus far - it's several percentiles higher than anyone else has seen. Elite Smash probably encompasses more than the top 5 percentile if this one checks out.
Sorry if i sound dumb but, how do i post a pic in mobile?

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if i sound dumb but, how do i post a pic in mobile?
Upload to imgur and link.

Also it kinda feels like this topic is off track?

People seem to be posting their highest personal GSP with a given character, but if I'm not mistaken the intent of this thread is to identify the highest known GSP of the playerbase. In such a case, everyone posting their GSP after just reaching elite smash is kind of not really the point I think as it's very obvious you would not be the absolute top GSP.

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 2.425mil and going up real slow after each win. Less than 1000 each time.

I know there's someone out there 10,000 above me, which is 2.435mil, but that's the highest I know about right now.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Hit 2.46with Ike checked it just now. Haven’t seen anyone higher than 2.43 mil and queue takes forever RN (multiple times been told that no elite smash partner was found and was matched with someone not in elite)

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 2.43mil now. 2.44mil is highest I know about.

Hit 4.26 with Ike checked it just now. Haven’t seen anyone higher than 4.32 mil and queue takes forever RN (multiple times been told that no elite smash partner was found and was matched with someone not in elite)
Did you do a typo? 4.26 GSP would be almost double the bottom of Elite!

Last edited:

DLSix

Smash Rookie
Hit 4.26 with Ike checked it just now. Haven’t seen anyone higher than 4.32 mil and queue takes forever RN (multiple times been told that no elite smash partner was found and was matched with someone not in elite)
Lol there’s no way you’re that high. Take a pic.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Lol there’s no way you’re that high. Take a pic.
My bad the numbers are swapped. It’s supposed to be 2.46 mil. Either way, finding a match has been damn near impossible I’m assuming cause it’s pretty close to the top. Keep in mind that they match make based on location and I ended up playing the same 2 people twice each time within a span of 30 minutes.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
My bad the numbers are swapped. It’s supposed to be 2.46 mil. Either way, finding a match has been damn near impossible I’m assuming cause it’s pretty close to the top. Keep in mind that they match make based on location and I ended up playing the same 2 people twice each time within a span of 30 minutes.
Awesome, that's helpful. I think you're near the ceiling too. I'm at 2.432 at the moment; good to know it goes at least another 30,000.

FrostyLemon

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFrostyLemon
Is there some kind of caveat with quick play GSP? I’ve climbed to just over 2,300,000 with Ike and that seems close to the ceiling from what I’m hearing in this thread. But I’ve gone to a few tournaments and never done well in them. Feels like a lie.

Telek

Smash Rookie
You're close! The ceiling is probably about 2.500 by now. You have a higher rank than everyone except 200,000 smashers, unfortunately those are exactly the kinds of people who would also go to tournaments. Keep at it!

My 2.389 yesterday has jumped to 2.435 without playing, since i'm not at the top it won't have captured all of the movement, so expect whatever the top GSP was to have gone up ~50k overnight.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Is there some kind of caveat with quick play GSP? I’ve climbed to just over 2,300,000 with Ike and that seems close to the ceiling from what I’m hearing in this thread. But I’ve gone to a few tournaments and never done well in them. Feels like a lie.
The ceiling is somewhere near 2.47mil right now from the info we've got so far. At slightly over 2.3mil, you might only have 150,000 people above you, but the difference in skill between the top and bottom of that pool of smash players is night and day.

I'd expect the people who compete and win tournaments on a regular basis are the ones who are in the top 10,000 in these GSP rankings. Just a guess.

FrostyLemon

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFrostyLemon
You're close! The ceiling is probably about 2.500 by now. You have a higher rank than everyone except 200,000 smashers, unfortunately those are exactly the kinds of people who would also go to tournaments. Keep at it!

My 2.389 yesterday has jumped to 2.435 without playing, since i'm not at the top it won't have captured all of the movement, so expect whatever the top GSP was to have gone up ~50k overnight.
Yeah that makes sense actually, the skill gap between the top 100,000 and 1000 is probably huge.

Kalaner

Smash Rookie
I have 2.450 right now and feels like a gain no points for winning right now.

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
Would any of the Elite Ikes in this thread happened to have the tag, "Omar"? This Ike stomped me lol.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I got up to 2.472mil and fought someone at 2.476mil. As everyone else has been saying, GSP goes up at a real slow pace at this level. The pool of players with comparable GSP is smaller so it's becoming a bit more difficult to consistently play against people around your score. Hopefully that means we're getting closer to the ceiling.

Last edited:

earthboundspacefree

Smash Cadet
I got up to 2.472mil and fought someone at 2.476mil. As everyone else has been saying, GSP goes up at a real slow pace at this level. The pool of players with comparable GSP is smaller so it's becoming a bit more difficult to consistently play against people around your score. Hopefully that means we're getting closer to the ceiling.
What's your tag? I played some against Samus/Dark Samus around that level, so I was curious

TrueBlackEye

Smash Rookie
Currently at 2.466 mil just lost to a 2.480 Richter he would be the highest I've seen in game or anywhere

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Just hit 2.475 mil as Ike. havent seen anyone past 2.48 mil

jet56

Smash Journeyman
jet56 jet56

I'm 2,480,419 with Ike
K well that pretty much confirms the ceiling is right there. I highly doubt there is anyone past 2.49 mil. Now the question is what is the lowest point to enter elite, as we still don’t have an accurate number on where the theshold lies. My lowest is chrom at 2.43 mil.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 2.485mil with Dark Samus. Puts the highest I've seen somewhere between 2.49-2.495mil.

What's your tag? I played some against Samus/Dark Samus around that level, so I was curious
Pretty sure people see me as "Colin" although I tried to change it to "Chizl". Does that sound familiar? If you saw either one then it's probably me, which would be pretty cool!

Which character and name do you use?

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure people see me as "Colin" although I tried to change it to "Chizl".
People see whatever your Switch profile name is. Like when you open up a game on the dashboard, and it has you select a user profile... that's the name they see.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
2,505 with ZSS. Barely gettiny any points though like 300 points per victory. Fought a Dark Samus with 2,511 and a Chrom with 2,510 mil. Beat them and they lost like 1500 points same with me when I lose. Meaning, that for every L I take, I have to win 4 to 5 times in a row to catch up again.

Soulrip

Smash Rookie
2,505 with ZSS. Barely gettiny any points though like 300 points per victory. Fought a Dark Samus with 2,511 and a Chrom with 2,510 mil. Beat them and they lost like 1500 points same with me when I lose. Meaning, that for every L I take, I have to win 4 to 5 times in a row to catch up again.
Funny that you mention that. Did you play as Palutena?

I'm at 2,510 atm

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Is this for calibration matches or in general?

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 2,510k with Zelda
Is this for calibration matches or in general?
It means everyone he fights that is around his skill level the growth is small, but when he gets someone lower in GSP he takes a hit.

I'm at 2.5 mil with Zelda and have similar experience. It means that for your character that there is vastly less of your character higher in GSP than there is less than GSP, which means in order to make queue times sensible for such a player in that circumstance you inevitably get faced against a lot of lower GSP players, and if you take an L for whatever reason, it hurts.

In a way it feels like once you unlock elite for bragging rights you might be better off just heading to the glorious battle arenas...because GSP puts an arbitrary pressure on you not to lose when your only goal should be to improve every match.

I know people will chime in at me and say "Just don't pay attention to your GSP!", but is that a realistic expectations for most of us who are basically wifi warriors? Lol

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I'm at 2,510k with Zelda

It means everyone he fights that is around his skill level the growth is small, but when he gets someone lower in GSP he takes a hit.

I'm at 2.5 mil with Zelda and have similar experience. It means that for your character that there is vastly less of your character higher in GSP than there is less than GSP, which means in order to make queue times sensible for such a player in that circumstance you inevitably get faced against a lot of lower GSP players, and if you take an L for whatever reason, it hurts.
I mean yes but they're only 200,000 above, that seems a little excessive don't you think? I never lost like 1.5m going against people lower than me by a margin of .2m/.3m.

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
I mean yes but they're only 200,000 above, that seems a little excessive don't you think? I never lost like 1.5m going against people lower than me by a margin of .2m/.3m.
Oh I misread if they meant they lost 1.5 million...yeah that seems like an excessive loss that I haven't witnessed before personally even though I've definitely taken a loss to people way lower than me. Highest loss I've seen was maybe...300k?

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Oh I misread if they meant they lost 1.5 million...yeah that seems like an excessive loss that I haven't witnessed before personally even though I've definitely taken a loss to people way lower than me. Highest loss I've seen was maybe...300k?
Wait nevermind he said 1,500 points.

My bad.

CrowdedMushroom

Smash Rookie
Hello, pre christmas dedede main here, got into elite smash at 2, 498,7 gsp. First match in was a camping mac abusing armor. Shoulda known.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Hello, pre christmas dedede main here, got into elite smash at 2, 498,7 gsp. First match in was a camping mac abusing armor. Shoulda known.
I think in cases like that you should do the opposite of what they want so if they're camping, you know they are using a cheese method to kill you so find a hole in their pattern and abuse it until they change their strategy. Most of the time people with this playstyle aren't flexible and can't adapt so once you burn that bridge its onto destroying them.

CrowdedMushroom

Smash Rookie
I think in cases like that you should do the opposite of what they want so if they're camping, you know they are using a cheese method to kill you so find a hole in their pattern and abuse it until they change their strategy. Most of the time people with this playstyle aren't flexible and can't adapt so once you burn that bridge its onto destroying them.
Exactly. That's why I said, shoulda known.

TheFakeCake

Smash Rookie
At 2.522m with Mii Gunner. Not gaining much GSP per win.

Saw/beat someone with 2.523 on k.k.rool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom