• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide CunningKitsune's Guide to Ace Arwing Pilot Fox McCloud

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
krazyzyko said:
Hey CunningKitsune their is something missing in this awesome guide that I'll tell you the idea and you'll add it to the guide with your articulate diction ok? here it is:

I don't know if any body else (other than myself) in the smash community have used this technique (I haven't seen any fox vids with guys applying this technique).

I call it the "Double shine dash":

How to do it?

Basic steps:
1.Run towards your opponent
2.Dash cancel when you're reaching your opponent
3.Place the pointing finger(of your right hand) on the B-button
4.And your middle finger(of your right hand) on the y-button
5.when you are dashing close enough to your opponent that can be shined...
6.Speedingly Tap this buttons in the following order: B,Y,B!

If done correctly, your opponent will be shined twice like a wave shine but without the wd.
So you will effectively double shine while dashing or "gliding" in the ground.
This attack is great for fastfallers like fox,falco & cf.
IT'S HARD TO MASTER because you will have to change your hand's possition.
Also great for shine spiking in the ledge.

Well there it is, I hope to see some hardcore foxes(like me) in the future performing this beautiful, complicated atttack.

Tell me guys, did you knew this already? or am I the FATHER of this great move?
(I hope I helped you with something)

..........later

How is that possible? >_>; Shouldn't the shine push the enemy too far to repetitivly spam this? You would have to shine, wavedash, shine, which is waveshining... =/

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I<3Sheik,

It Is possible if you do it fast enough to cut the animation(it's no glitch I always do it in my fights) you have to change your right hand's coordination(THAT is why is so freaking hard to perform).

Like I said it mostly works against heavy fallers(fox & falco)

Superryan;

Don't know, maybe it is(or not), could you tell me the meaning of the initials?

DOUBLE J____ C____ SHINE?

........later

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
And, I miss understood that. @_@;

So you are kinda like, jump-shining at your enemy for the 2nd shine?

Sounds like a harder waveshine. :x

noob-lube69

Smash Journeyman
Yo cunning, when r u gonna put the Infinite Lube Stall into your fox guide, I mean is pretty much the sweetest way to shine spike someone, besides the chillindash...

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Ho Chi minTrail:

Sorry for not explaining myself slowpoke, here it is.

-ledge stalling with the illusion DOES exist.
-It's awfully hard to pull but it works.
-Some Foxes in Puerto Rico(including myself) know this technique.

LEDGE STALLING WITH THE ILLUSION:

1.Place your thumb (right hand) in the C-stick and your index finger in the B-button.
2.Hang in the ledge with Fox.
3.Tap the C-stick to the opposite side of the ledge.
4.By doing this... Fox will let go.
5.After tapping the C-stick you INSTANTLY do the illusion towards the ledge.
6.If performed correctly, Fox will initiate the illusion milimeters lower of the ledge and the "illusion" animation will be interrupted and Fox will hang in the ledge again.
7.repeat.
8.If you suicide you have obviously done it too slow.
9.If you do it too slow Fox will do an unecesarry fair.

-this technique will NOT work in 1p.
-Also it won't work in edges like Pokemon Stadium(nor thin edges like DK64,Battlefield,venom,etc.)
-It will work in Final Destination, The back part of Corneria, Yoshistory,Temple,Peaches Castle,Rainbow Cruise, etc.
-If you master it by repeating this you will OWN the invincibility of the edge.

So here are the controls, it's hard to master but it works. It's a technique that you can live without but it's there waiting for you.
If there are too many questions i'll open a thread about it.

HochiminTrail; I know it's awfully hard for you to be nice and stop being so arrogant but please try it for your own good and the smash community.(Thanx 2 U big guy)

......later

Abstrakt

Smash Rookie
Very accurate, and packed with info. Also nice char suggestions for players he wouldn't be such a hot character for. Gj

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
HoChiMinhTrail said:
its more like such a tech has been known sooooooo long ago ........ like most of ur posts indicating new things which u just discovered :p take a seat.
Ive' never seen any vids with that technique. You assumed that it didn't existed. It's not in the FOX guide. NO ONE EVER MENTIONS IT. Here your logic fails.........AGAIN! .........later :psycho:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Well I didn't knew of this site's existence back in the day.(I came to SWF last august)

But I prefer just to forget about all this arguement and post peacefully again.

..............peace out!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow this guide is so incomplete. ONE PARAGRAPH ON EDGEGUARDING?!, Wow cunning, for shame, I could write off like 4. This is so incomplete. I can't believe this thread has five stars... why am I not in the back room yet?

DougaloftheWinds

Smash Rookie
Chesterr01. . .fill us in. It would be nice for someone to give every grain of knowledge they have on fox. Please, write us that faq with all the information on edge guarding and whatever else you know. Since people who take the time to write faqs should be immensely appreciated. It would be exceptional to have another good fox faq up.
Thanks.

P.S. - Cunning, thank you for the guide.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMFAO fine, before christmas, I'm going out with Hinata tonight, then I'm going at Wak's, so I'll be back tomorrow. Before christmas, I'll post chesterr01's edgeguarding FAQ for Fox McCloud. I'll thank you at the end, as well as GameFAQs and Mew2King.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Progress Report: The Final Stretch

Good to see that the thread has been kept rather, uh... lively in my prolonged absence. o_0

Anyway, on to more pressing matters. As of this post, I have completed the "preliminary" updates to the guide; I have gone through the entire thing and refurbished virtually every section save the section on Fox's physics, of course. Each individual move has had a good deal of material added to it, some of it clarification and some withheld until later on for organizational purposes. Also added was individual frame data on each move courtesy of SuperDoodleMan's much-appreciated AR work. Further additions include a section on the obscure "Boost Grab," thanks largely to the_suicide_fox; a section on mind games and the link to an informative thread on that subject by g-regulate; a portion on Fox's various stalls added under that respective move, including TheCape's "ShineStall" and noob-lube69's "Infinite Lube Stall" (both referring to the same stalling method); and an expansion to the section on the shine, especially in terms of the infinites.

I have decided to forego adding HRC and BtT to this guide since doing so would break with the guide's focus on improving the 1v1 Fox; moreover, such information is already readily available all in one location, which I will reference. Later updates may touch upon team concepts with Fox, but not this one. I have also withheld the media listing for various Fox vids, perhaps indefinitely; at the moment, this seems somewhat impractical, and a well-placed link to a download for DC++ could do just as much if not far more. At most, I may add later a listing of the world's most significant Fox players, and curious players can simply get DC++ and search for them at their own whim.

At this point, the update has reached the final stretch. I only have two more things slated to be added in this significant update. One is a group of reference links to highly informative threads such as g-regulate's thread on mind games, foxandfalco's "Shine Guide to Newbies," AlphaZealot's terms list, and Doraki's thread on DI. The other is something I believe that many players have been anxiously waiting for: character-specific match-ups for Fox, easily the bulk of the remaining update (and quite possibly the guide itself).

The guide currently stands at a bit more than 296 KB.

EDIT: 1/18/06: Reference section and match-ups for the Top and Upper Tiers completed.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
Can you link to a word document of this, it would be better and easier then a game faqs txt file

(rapidshare would last longer)

eet

Smash Ace
//list of distances characters will slide when shined
"All tests were done on Final Destination. Other surfaces and/or inclines will
affect distances. For those of you attempting his Drill Kick infinite combo,
9 feet is the maximum distance they can travel before they go too far to
combo. "

i dont think this is right.. i know for a fact you can infinate sheik and she is rated at 10 feet and im pretty sure theres some other on that list that go over 9 that i can infinate. maybe kitsune should take a closer look at this list and maybe 9 feet is not the maximum.

eet

Smash Ace
"also works on the two normally un-infinitable
characters in SSBM, Sheik and Ganondorf, who both slide 10 feet when shined
instead of the usual 9-and-below feet. This variant produces 11 feet of
movement total (2 feet is added because of the added aerial movement during the
DI of the Drill Kick)."

nvm lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wow, i didnt kno u had a fox shine guide here. it's so much longer than mine. makes me wonder y mine was stickyed >.>

:( fox is a gay character wen u come to think of it :(

Reve

Smash Rookie
I love this guide, its what motivated me to start using fox more often and I seen you also posted this on gamefaqs.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I read it because I'm going through all of the character's guides and this is by far the most in depth and amazing. I expected it to and, apropriately so, saved it for last. Learning to play fox can keep you intertained for years, literally. He is so rediculously deep and has an out of this world learning curve. AHHH SO MUCH TO LEARN. For sure I'm going to take up fox as my main because fox's potential exceeds EVERY other character's (i.e. Donkey Kong has much fewer tricks to master therefore his potential is not very high but with fox it is nearly impossible to master) Amazing guide.

Top Bottom