• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Culver Crew presents: What are we doing Friday?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
November 2nd Update: What the heck are we doing Friday?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recently got my parents' permission to use the front room of my house for Brawl smashfests!

I can have a maximum amount of 10 people here. I would allow more, but since we're restricted to just the front room, any more than 10 people just doesn't seem feasible to me.

These will be happening most Fridays. I don't have an exact time for these yet, as I'm trying to get a consensus from everyone interested in coming, but anywhere from 4:00pm - 10:00pm is fine. I'll have a time updated by tomorrow.

Also, this won't be just a smashfest. We'll be having a mini tournament on the side. Since there will only be 10 people at max, I'm going to make this a swiss format tournament. I think it would be interesting to see how it turns out. I may decide to change around the stages a bit as well, but nothing too insane, just for testing purposes. I'll have an updated rule set by tomorrow.

I'm unsure how much the entry fee will be, but I'll discuss it with some other people and see what they think. Not too much to discourage, not too little to lose incentive. We're trying to get better at the game, after all. :)

After a tournament, it's a Culver Crew tradition to go out and eat somewhere and have a good time. There are a lot of good places close by my house within walking distance, so we'll figure it out on the day of the smashfest/tournament.

The address is 11415 Segrell Way, Culver City, California, 90230.

If you want to contact me, PMing me on Smashboards would be your safest bet, or you can e-mail me at: BarDulL @ live . net

Please let me know beforehand if you are interested in coming! Spots are limited, and I don't want anyone showing up when there is already 10 people. XD

Culver Crew is too good! :D

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Thanks for the support!

I'm sorry, I simply can't remove the cap. Once I get a better venue, then it'll happen. :psycho:

We still have 3 spots left, though. Comeee onnnn SoCal!

Entry fee: ???

Singles prize distribution:
1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%

Teams prize distribution:
1st - 50% pot
2nd - 30% pot
3rd - 20%

Singles:
3 stock, 8 minute time limit, items off of course.

First stage is random. Each player gets one stage cancel for stages selected through random select.

Matches are best 2/3, each finals set is best 3/5.

Swiss format (Still deciding on how this'll work. I was thinking of making everyone play everyone, but that might be too time consuming. Or not. Maybe just 5 rounds of Swiss? I'll elaborate by tomorrow.)

Stages available for singles and doubles:

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Ranbow Cruise
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat

Will update later~

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
EDREES AND CHAMP GO TO THIS

meet my progeny chokalait
Sorry I can't go ! I'm gonna be gone this weekend and can't go to any tournies :(

BARDULL!!! I can't IM you on aim!! Everytime I IM you or you IM me, my aim freaks out and says I'm offline, then kicks me offline or makes it look like you signed off.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Two more days! I'm thinking of just making the entry fee $4 for Singles, $4 per player in Teams. If anyone thinks it should be lower/higher, let me know!

I think the starting time should be 3:00pm - 4:00pm. 10:00pm is the time my parents want peace :laugh: so that's when it ends I guess. Everyone let me know if that's ok.

NOTE: Culver Bus lines stop at 10:00pm! If you're taking the bus, make sure you're on your way back before the bus line closes!

Lol, Bardull, who has the box now?
**** THE BOX!

hey bardull tell kim, brandon said watsup :)
Will do.

Sorry I can't go ! I'm gonna be gone this weekend and can't go to any tournies :(

BARDULL!!! I can't IM you on aim!! Everytime I IM you or you IM me, my aim freaks out and says I'm offline, then kicks me offline or makes it look like you signed off.
I've been sending you messages while you're offline. By the time you receive them, I'm already signed off, because I go to sleep around 10:30 pm.

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
Nick. In case you didn't know before this is mitchell. I just tried talking to you on aim and I didn't see you at school today. So I thought I'd let you know that I want to go.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Sounds like fun. I hope we can get Champ to come, because he's a really cool guy.

I think I might go all random. I'm not even joking heh I'd rather have fun.

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like fun. I hope we can get Champ to come, because he's a really cool guy.

I think I might go all random. I'm not even joking heh I'd rather have fun.
Kyle. I'm the asian kid with the afro. Let's go double random in teams!

yeah, because $2 make a world of difference. :p
Eric is black and lives in Inglewood. Nuff said =P

No offense to any black people out there. Just making fun of the one in my crew.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Kyle. I'm the asian kid with the afro. Let's go double random in teams!

Eric is black and lives in Inglewood. Nuff said =P

No offense to any black people out there. Just making fun of the one in my crew.
Ah, hey there! I was trying to figure out who you were and figured you were probably one of the guys who took the bus back with us two weeks ago. Guess I was right, heh. You were the sophomore, right?

Double random teams would be amazing all right! We'll have to try it out and see how good (or more likely bad) we'll do. Maybe we'll double JigglyPuff everytime and get first place for sure heh.

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
Ah, hey there! I was trying to figure out who you were and figured you were probably one of the guys who took the bus back with us two weeks ago. Guess I was right, heh. You were the sophomore, right?

Double random teams would be amazing all right! We'll have to try it out and see how good (or more likely bad) we'll do. Maybe we'll double JigglyPuff everytime and get first place for sure heh.
Yeah. Been kinda busy last few fridays. Making time for this though. The best thing about double random teams is switching if the other guy gets a character you're better with. Double brawl rest is no where near melee rest though =(

And he looks like he's 10000 compared to kim.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace

LOL no way kyle the only team thats winning is me and cody's double GnW team :laugh:

We got this

And LooooolZzzz on the great leons sig. Chocknater and great leon are too good

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Bardull and Ajax = auto-win

I can see Ajax fully charged fsmashing someone into Bardull's fully charged tipper.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
GnW is tyrant. Tyrants are whack. What logical conclusion can you make from these 2 statements? What property did you use?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I just think that, since this isn't a normal tournament...it shouldn't cost the same as a normal tournament? But if everyone is OK with $5, then I'm ok with it.

I'm 18.

I'm probably going to force Kim to team with me. Or Kyle. Or Mitchell o.O

What about...random team assignments? OOHHH MANN!

Oh, and the spots were filled up. I'll try and get the cap raised for next time.

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
Just leave it as is. It's not like anyone going to this is doing it for the money. And I don't want that much of mine going into your fat pockets =(

lol @ how only two people not in culver crew are coming to this.

Top Bottom