• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Snake >:]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
Your b air is amazing. use it more. it is a good kill move and you can use it then fast fall and hit someone very easily with the sex kick. It is also really good for stage spiking. Also you pull grenades out in the air a lot and that leaves you defenseless a lot. use your n air as mind games and it is really good when you hit someone with it. your dash attack is really good and hard for someone to do anything about it. It would hit them before they could hit you and it hits slightly in the air. the only thing they can do is shield and you can usually use your mortar to have them get punished after they come out of the shield. Idk if that made any sense though. But yeah there are probably other things i am missing. The Falco you played didn't seem that well with him killing himself but oh well.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Wtf, is that a joke post? Everything the above poster said is wrong.

∫unk

Smash Master
:( does anyone have anything useful

razer gave me a little bit of advice but thats about it

you can be brutally honest i don't care... that's why its up

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
lol choices falco, his wolf is better :p

hmm, you did well avoiced falco's chaingrabs be holding grenades but try and position yourself more in the center stagea and try and keep it, that way if falco does get a grab it doesnt lead anywhere.
try jab 1 into ftilt more for a mixup
you were recovering pretty well i dont recall you taking too many risks. its hard to critique this since its a friendly and i can't tell how serious you guys were playing, choice SD'd for no reason and tried fire birding you wtf? XD

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
Dude how was saying use his b air more is bad? And to throw in more n airs is really good mind games. Watch videos of Ally he is like the best snake in Michigan. See how good he plays.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Dude how was saying use his b air more is bad? And to throw in more n airs is really good mind games. Watch videos of Ally he is like the best snake in Michigan. See how good he plays.
First off Ally is the best snake period.

and bair isnt generally the best idea because of its long cooldown time and how predictable it becomes after you've used it once or twice.
nair is just as bad, your opponent can DI out of it or if the see it coming just avoid it and punish you.
both moves are pretty good, and by no means bad but they're part of snakes air game which in turn is pretty bad, everything in moderation, they're both good mixups but telling someone to use them more is like asking them to just take damage

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
omg if you think Ally is the best snake then watch him play. He throws out b airs almost every chance he gets. It is Snakes best areal for sure. if you dont suck with your b air you will never get punished by it. and a n air off the stage is amazing. You can recover and they have almost no way of avoiding it unless the air dodge through it and they then will usually kill themselves.

napZzz

Smash Hero
noones that dumb, ally isn't even from michigan, I think FU is a troll cuz.....everything he suggested was wrong, and now he's trying to disagree when someone tells him

Anyways, leave this to showing critique for junks snake, i'll make sure to write something later after I have time to watch the vids

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
lol fair enough, he can't be a good player anyways if thats how he thinks snake should be played

@FU: Don't spam aerials.

B-air may be his best aerial but it's shouldn't be spammed. Snake's n-air and b-air can be used to edgeguard but he has safer and better options.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Generally, when you recover, and are landing with bair, you want to wait to hit with strong hitbox, because if you use it and then try to fastfall the weak hitbox it's easier to shield on reaction.

Your snake looks solid for the most part, but also, this falco seemed to be messing around in a lot of ways, so if you wanted a better critique, I'd have to ask for a better video.

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah. i don't think this thread should be locked, but it can fall off the front page for now.

i went to tournament yesterday, and i could tell some huuuuge habits... mostly playing from ddd

^no johns noob

with ddd i didn't really have to think about too many recovery options (cause he has none), resulting in me being predictable and getting scared and doing things way too early. like you mentioned the b-air, but in addition b-pivoting and airdodging i do on instinct since i don't have control of my character.

i love f-tilt a little too much, when there's some obvious grab opportunities.

my offense is bottom tier i try to grab too much when i get inside f-tilt range (ddd >____>)

^these two aren't contradicting, i just don't understand the balance right now (someone enlighten me?)

i struggle against camping

i don't actually make the read with my aerials i just randomly do it, which is okay but not nearly as consistent as just reading

i love dacus a little too much

i dunno im just writing them down here so i internalize them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom