• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating the Ultimate Life Form: Project Shadow

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Shadow does have incredible powers, but that doesn't mean he can't or won't use other means at his disposal. Even Superman used "mundane" methods of fighting foes, like throwing large rocks or just pummeling the stuffing out of them (which was what he resorted to in order to finally defeat Doomsday).

Remember, just because you have funky abilities doesn't mean you HAVE to always use them, or that you can use them non-stop. Besides, grabbing a gun and blasting holes in things is fun.

Back to the topic, does this and the other character hacks work with Brawl+ or Balanced Brawl? And where do I find the files and how do I use them?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.

And so far so good, doing a very good job. I have a complaint about his Up B, being unable to move left or right after using it really limits recovery. Also, his Fair has a very small hitbox.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
How about making neutral B chaos control, it would slow down/ freeze enemies, and have it chargeable to increase the range, with the base range(no charge) making it so you'd have to stand right next to Shadow to get hit by the effects

And how about a chargeable chaos spear that will fire multiple spears?

Teleporting for upB sounds good, try to make it like farore's wind

Chaos boost for down B is good

How about black tornado for Downsmash? From sonic heroes, he'd jump up and spin around which would make a tornado sending enemies upwards

Or make down smash a spinning ground kick and the upsmash the black tornado

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
I just had a crazy idea. A wonderful idea. A crazy wonderful idea.

We should try making Silver the Hedgehog a playable character, too. Considering his abilities, he'd a be a MUCH different beast than either Sonic or Shadow. Slower, weaker physically but with strong ranged and telekinetic attacks.

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet

We should try making Silver the Hedgehog a playable character, too. Considering his abilities, he'd a be a MUCH different beast than either Sonic or Shadow. Slower, weaker physically but with strong ranged and telekinetic attacks.
he be like ness right

xDD-Master

Smash Champion

I somehow really like this. I wish I would be good enough to realize all my ideas for characters. Well because I waited for an idea, I think I will give it a try, then making a thread, in which people like Eldiran could help me ^^

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea

With the dawn of character model replacement, don't replace Sonic for this one. Replace Zelda/Shiek. Zelda can be Silver. All of her attacks are similar to his. Replace Shiek with Blaze and make all the moves have a flame aftereffect. The team up of these two characters makes more sense if you know anything about the plot of Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360.

I mean, I hate Silver with a bitter passion, but if you're going to add him, make it awesome.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
(responding to the three posts altogether)

Since we can apparently swap animations now, Silver's repertoire could have a mix of several characters' motions and attacks, altered accordingly. I've got a rough idea for a lot of his moves.

Neutral A - elbows the opponent with his left arm, using Captain Falcon's Forward Smash animation (but much faster and weaker) and with a lean into the elbow instead of a rear back and thrust.
Neutral A combo - elbows with his left arm, then strikes with his right hand, palm-out and with a pulse of psychic power.
Dash attack - headbutts with his head shielded by psychic energy.
Side tilt - Zelda's side tilt, but with his hand held up and open (basically a swipe with his hand in a "Stop" position).
Down tilt - blasts a pulse of psychic energy at the ground in front of him, using Lucas' down smash animation and only one pulse.
Up tilt - a short-range pulse of psychic energy above his head, using Lucas' Up Smash animation.

Forward Smash - similar to Zelda's, but using only one arm with his hand in a "Stop" position, and he creates a single large pulse of power (longer charging = larger pulse) that blasts the opponent in a random direction depending on where the opponent was hit in the attack.
Up Smash - raises one arm over his head and creates a maelstrom of psychic energy (shades of Mewtwo's Dark Galaxy) that launches foes straight up when the last hit lands.
Down Smash - creates two psychic pulses on either side of him, operate similar to his FSmash in that they blast the opponent in a random direction depending on where he was hit).

B - grabs an opponent or an item with his telekinesis, then blasts him/it away. Hold B and move the stick to aim after you grab, then release B to throw. Works only in a certain distance in front of him (has a dead zone about a character width from Silver, so it can't grab someone right beside him, also has a range limit and can only grab in a certain arc). You also have to be quick to maneuver someone when you're holding them, else they'll break free. Can be used in the air, too, in which case Silver floats while he aims and launches (the upside is you can aim straight down and launch them, the downside is they can break free faster in the air).

Side B - Kinetic Blast. Silver fires a large ball of kinetic energy from his body (using Samus' Charge Shot or Lucario's Aura Sphere, altered accordingly). It always looks like a fully-charged version of whichever one is used, but it can't be spammed (he has to wait five seconds before he can use it again), but it charges over time (Silver's body glows brighter as it charges until he pulses with bluish light).

Up B - Telekinetic Lift. Silver uses his mind to levitate himself and float around for a few seconds (using Pit's Icarus Wings pose animation). He can use it again after it fades (after waiting a second), but repeated use degrades the time he can spend floating. It also has a lot of inertia, so he'll be a little hard to control (using Pikachu's Volt Tackle physics or Super Sonic's physics, perhaps).

Down B - Kinetic Shield. Silver shrouds himself with energy, bouncing back projectiles. Anyone who attacks him right when and after he uses it also receive a powerful kinetic jolt, flinging them back (a combination of Fox's Reflector and Ike's Counter [since they're the weaker of the Reflect and Counter moves, it keeps it balanced]).

Throws - still working on them.

With the dawn of character model replacement, don't replace Sonic for this one. Replace Zelda/Shiek. Zelda can be Silver. All of her attacks are similar to his. Replace Shiek with Blaze and make all the moves have a flame aftereffect. The team up of these two characters makes more sense if you know anything about the plot of Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360.

I mean, I hate Silver with a bitter passion, but if you're going to add him, make it awesome.
Hopefully the ability to assign the PSA characters to specific alternate textures will come soon, then we can have Shadow and Silver assigned to Sonic. And the models as well (maybe use Shadow's Brawl AT model, Silver might have to be done from scratch).

And sorry to hear you despise Silver that much. He's one of my favorite Sonic characters.

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
why am i being ignored i ask if someone can get me a download link like 3 times already

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
why am i being ignored i ask if someone can get me a download link like 3 times already
Because it's in the OP, and the link seems to work for everyone else.

Just make sure you have the File Replacement code in your .gct before trying to put the .pac in your SD card. Otherwise it doesn't do anything.

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
Because it's in the OP, and the link seems to work for everyone else.

Just make sure you have the File Replacement code in your .gct before trying to put the .pac in your SD card. Otherwise it doesn't do anything.
i dont know why but when i op the mediafire link it says page cant be found

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who still want this, here's a link to the old download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lyq31mdcm2y/Shadow.pac

I should remind you that it's buggy, has been known to freeze in certain circumstances, and I may or may not complete it. However... Having seen the Final Smash of Eldiran's Zero, perhaps I can continue it after all... It was Chaos Boost that was causing the problems, and if I can figure out how he did that...

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
For those of you who still want this, here's a link to the old download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lyq31mdcm2y/Shadow.pac

I should remind you that it's buggy, has been known to freeze in certain circumstances, and I may or may not complete it. However... Having seen the Final Smash of Eldiran's Zero, perhaps I can continue it after all... It was Chaos Boost that was causing the problems, and if I can figure out how he did that...
why dont you ask him im sure he wont mind telling you

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
it still keeps telling me page cant be found
god****it, just use firefox and get off of IE or w/e the hell your using!
IE is teh ballz, and chrome is terrible...Opera's okay but Firefox IMO has the best support.

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
I love this man. I'm going to download it once I can get an SD card reader and my new Comp.. Good job man, I hope you end up finishing this :]

Best of luck!

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
god****it, just use firefox and get off of IE or w/e the hell your using!
IE is teh ballz, and chrome is terrible...Opera's okay but Firefox IMO has the best support.
OMG thank you your right internet explorer sucks ballz

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I DL'd it, and the move-set is fine, but the texture stays as Sonic, causing some issues. He doesn't look like Shadow, but has the moves.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
so is indigo still working on shadow?
Christ. You DOUBLE-POSTED right underneath him saying that. How in the hell do you miss that?

Blackhawk

Smash Rookie
I've been testing Shadow pretty extensively and I have only one complaint:
Chaos Spear is BROKEN! It can be chained infinitely and locks the opponent inescapably. You seriously need to add a longer delay to the startup or finish of the move so it can't be repeated in a near-endless blast

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
It's off to a nice start but it's still far from complete. You know most of what needs to be done, so I'll save my criticism until a later release. Still, I must mention that the final smash crashes whenever used. Might wanna fix that XD.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
I can't get this to work i have the file replacement code i have .pac in the right folder but there's no change!

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Haven't any of you realized how old this project is? Chances are he gave up, there are other people working on Shadow so don't worry, but I think it's best to let this die.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
Haven't any of you realized how old this project is? Chances are he gave up, there are other people working on Shadow so don't worry, but I think it's best to let this die.
Can you still help me out i can't get this to load! When I load brawl with the texture files and the codes there is no change!

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Don't bother with this one, it's incomplete

As for your problem, if you have the .pac in the sonic folder inside the fighter folder in the pf folder, AND you named it to FitSonic, WITH File replacement code 3.5.1, it should work

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
Hey why it not work play Sonic act Shadow? It same thing Sonic act. I did download Shadow.Pac and put Sonic folder. Nothing happen. Please fix it right.

Top Bottom