• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Craving melee lately...

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh afro you should get in on this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291363 We've been discussing reviving FL's Melee scene. You might be interested and you can get some thoughts in on maybe getting a regular series started down here. Nicaboy might be up for it I think. I'm going to be starting some threads soon so everyone can get an idea of who is active and maybe get people interested in stuff like this.

I've been interested in FL Melee as a whole lately. There's no reason we cant eventually build our scene back up to rival SoCal's activity.

:rosalina:

AfroQT

Smash Master
We really should, i would post in that thread, but since i play brawl they'll probably either ignore me or put out a hit for me.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Afro_Thundah all of us SFL melee players don't hate brawl players. In fact I'm friends with a few of them. No one will ignore you or anything like that.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah I think it's mostly other (National)regions that are like that really. Everyone is too cool with eachother here to be so petty on something like that. I'll be there with you watching the thread if someone does pull that **** since they don't need to be doing that to people trying to help grow their scene.

Anyway bumping this topic up and posting it in FL socials since I know people would be interested in this sort of thing. I'm going to advertise this in the FL thread also.

:rosalina:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Me and Rohins have been playing Melee every friday, the only reason we didn't go to Melee NLL is because attendance looked small. When's the next big melee tournament in CFL?

Pengie

Smash Lord
The next big tournament is looking like WATO 13. Everyone should definitely try to make it out to that!!!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I would love for the Melee and Brawl communities to merge. It might even encourage Smash 64 to come out of hiding.

The problem with that is there is a lot of in-game(hate on in-game concepts from both sides) and out-game tensions between the Brawl and Melee communities imo.

Oh, and money is an issue. A lot of people can barely afford to attend the few Brawl tournaments we have, much less Brawl and Melee tournaments.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Im going to the melee tourney at ZP this sat. Im bringing Xaltis as well gonna try to get him into it so everyone can see what its like to fight a brawl falco main.

FALCO

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I can't make it this Saturday. If I can get a date on the next one I'll see who from Tampa can come with me.

Linguini

Smash Master
You should def. start doing these mattfro, I always knew you could be beast at melee.

That being said.I'll be at ZP sat., TG break son!

Top Bottom