• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU's In Private Battle Arenas?

Would You Want CPU's Implemented In Battle Arenas?

• Total voters

IAmPenrose

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this whole forum thing, so excuse me as I'm trying to get used to it. I thought I'd come here to share my thoughts about the online mode.

Now, in the past, I know that the online features for Smash Bros. games have been... not so great. I was excited for this one, but alas it's still a bit of a letdown. The lag issues and input issues are mainly my biggest pet peeves, but that's aside from my point of posting this.

I'm curious as to if anyone know if they'll be adding in a feature to play against CPU's in private Battle Arenas? I'm curious because I bought the game for my girlfriend, (who lives in Canada), and as a result, we can only play against one another, but I'd love to be able to play with her on a team online.

I know most people might say, "Just move to Canada and you can play together," and, yes, while I'd love to, I'm still in college. I plan on moving there to be with her after I graduate in April.

Again, I'm just curious if anyone has any news or info about this possibly being implemented in the future! If not, would you like to see it implemented and why?

Thanks all! <3

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If the game dev had ever intended CPU to be on or used for Arena or Quickplay this feature would have come pre baked into the game at launch. I severely doubt CPU will be used or put in.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I don't even understand why they removed the feature. Private online rooms in general shouldn't have been removed in the first place. I mean, they exist in local wireless play and you can add cpus to that. Why is it completely unavailable to use online in the first place? I don't think I'll ever understand Sakurai's team's logic regarding online. They've done nothing but remove and replace other modes that were perfectly fine with every installment since Brawl for the most part. I like that there's a quickplay mode now, but in terms of doing things with your friends, the only thing to do is 1v1 eachother now at this point unless you conveniently have two other people available for teams.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I don't even understand why they removed the feature. Private online rooms in general shouldn't have been removed in the first place. I mean, they exist in local wireless play and you can add cpus to that. Why is it completely unavailable to use online in the first place? I don't think I'll ever understand Sakurai's team's logic regarding online. They've done nothing but remove and replace other modes that were perfectly fine with every installment since Brawl for the most part. I like that there's a quickplay mode now, but in terms of doing things with your friends, the only thing to do is 1v1 eachother now at this point unless you conveniently have two other people available for teams.
Nintendo knew no matter how bad the online was, people would subscribe. So why make any effort into a good online mode?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Nintendo knew no matter how bad the online was, people would subscribe. So why make any effort into a good online mode?
I'm not going to get deep into the Nintendo Online ordeal, but this specifically is not the entire companies fault and doesn't even technically have anything to do with the subscription service. The lack of modes and cpus is Sakurai's and his team's fault. It was his decision to get rid of For Glory and replace private rooms with Battle Arena's. Nintendo as a whole can't always take the blame for Sakurai's bad decisions. He's made more bad decisions than adding tripping to Brawl.

And I disagree about them not putting in any effort. If they didn't put in any effort, they would have just "ported" online over from 4. They just legitimately thought Arena's were a better alternative to private rooms and probably thought people didn't even use the cpus, which was obviously wrong considering the amount of people complaining about their disappearance. They also tried to give us more stage and rule options for online after For Glory was criticized for being locked into one ruleset with only final destination stages. They honestly went overboard with Quickplay by giving us the option for nearly completely customizable rulesets when all we asked for was Battlefield to be playable and for matchmaking based on player skill/distance. This isn't an issue of no effort, because the effort is obviously there. This is more of an issue of them honestly just screwing up.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
And I disagree about them not putting in any effort. If they didn't put in any effort, they would have just "ported" online over from 4. They just legitimately thought Arena's were a better alternative to private rooms and probably thought people didn't even use the cpus, which was obviously wrong considering the amount of people complaining about their disappearance. They also tried to give us more stage and rule options for online after For Glory was criticized for being locked into one ruleset with only final destination stages. They honestly went overboard with Quickplay by giving us the option for nearly completely customizable rulesets when all we asked for was Battlefield to be playable and for matchmaking based on player skill/distance. This isn't an issue of no effort, because the effort is obviously there. This is more of an issue of them honestly just screwing up.
Well if Nintendo made any effort they probably would've put in the missing features immediately following the complaints. If I were them I would've.

IAmPenrose

Smash Rookie
Well if Nintendo made any effort they probably would've put in the missing features immediately following the complaints. If I were them I would've.
Oof, this is quite the argument we have going on here. I recognize concerns from both parties, but at the end of the day, Sakurai and his team did what they think would fit best for this game. We, the players, don't know 100% what they were going for with the installments they added, features they removed, etc. Besides, they're releasing DLC for this game like they did Sm4sh. Maybe we'll get something new like this added in!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This game is lacking in features not because they didn't try, but because they rushed the game out the door. The UI/UX in this game is so incredibly poor, when every prior smash game has done great in that regard. There's no way that sakurai suddenly forgot good menu design principles. I can only imagine it's because there wasn't time to fix things to be right.

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
It won’t hurtbif they were optional. But for people with competitive mindset it doesn’t really matter because if inwant to play against bots i can do this locally. And playing with friends against a bot team is boring.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
It won’t hurtbif they were optional. But for people with competitive mindset it doesn’t really matter because if inwant to play against bots i can do this locally. And playing with friends against a bot team is boring.
well they made level 9's much more difficult.
maybe people want CPU's so they can have human & CPU vs human & human/CPU matches

Top Bottom