• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU's A.I. Explained "The learning process"

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
don't expect the cpu to learn after 3 matches, try 100+ stocks and you should notice something. I use to sweetspot a knee like everytime now the falcon cpu air-dodges everything. So now i'm using down air to get around.

Do cpu's run away when you respawn without learning? They seem better at it atleast

BUMP

Test 1
I think the tests havent been repeated enough and to me its not as clear as to some of you. You seem to end the tests when you got the result you wanted instead of continuing. this kind of testing would need at least 100 repetitions each to say anything.

For test 2 with shortest route, pika have one of the best vertical recoveries in the game as well as very easy understood for a computer(goes in straight lines)and pikachu is agile so this dont prove that much to me

Test 3. Well I can agree that they seem to have some sort of locking system, nothing else is really that visible in the vid, its too short IMO.

AllIsBrawl thread. My link plays the same as that one, my CPU link havent learned anything from LINKS FULL STRATEGIC GAME(lol at calling it that). They dont DAC, dont Arrowcancel, dont FJ spam, dont zair, overuses Up B,grab and Usmash uses rang at wrong situations, charges arrows, pick bombs standing, uses wrong recovery options and probs more.

The falcon pawnching seemed very convincing though, but I am wondering if it isnt just cause the spacing is the same all the time. I know the melee comps were very dependant on spacing, it was almost the most important part in their algorithm for choosing a move. Repeat this test a few more times with a recording of before and after Falcon pawnch FFA, Same stage same two characters. Maybe should be done with CPUs only(not in the FAlcon pawnch FFA of course).

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
wat i hav seen from the last battle which was 2 secs ago that the more three stocks and the more you play one person the cpu copys to prove you a challenge same thing in melee everyone in my skool thought i was crazy and ******** but i brung melee and the fact that mario and shiek was wavedashing blew there minds then u know how fox recover away not any more now he fox fires up the side of final destnation but if you change systems from gcn to gcn then they suck again but brawl you need atleast 5 months to see mk three stock u or another cpu but i do different kinds of stuff to see if the cpu will follow and it works lucas every time we fight he short hop fast fall or short fair to fast fall and he never uses pk freeze or usmash for no reason its kool to fight yourself the saying goes in order to improve you must beat someone your equal so i fight my self all the time and then when i win the cpu will say okay thats how he won i will add that to my collection luigi is a whole different story if you want a vid just PM me and i will show you one my name alone has over 10000 ko's and OVER 9000!!! falls and then the other names man that alot of smash fest and tournaments.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
I assumed the learning of positioning and success rate are based on what occured in that particular match rite?
So my question becomes, if you are playing against a fairly high tiered computer, any character that has a lot of good options, for like 100 stock or infinite time, will it ever become so progressively good, that he will stop miss spacing, use mostly moves that are considered by real players to be very safe, and catch on to your overall patterns?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It has been confirmed that CPUs do not "learn" in Brawl.

Top Bottom