• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CounterPicks

Player-1

Smash Legend
Luigi's mansion i say, because its based on horizontal kills, and not vertical which diddy lacks in. Any stage that can easily be gimped is good for diddy too because his recovery can get out of them to.

Disadvantages i say Shadow Mosses Island because that is based on vertical kills, which diddy lacks in. I also think that any play with a small killbox thingy is bad for diddy too, because he is somewhat light

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
Disadvantages i say Shadow Mosses Island because that is based on vertical kills, which diddy lacks in. I also think that any play with a small killbox thingy is bad for diddy too, because he is somewhat light
In most places i think Shadow Mosses Island is banned cuz of teh wallz

I think a good diddy place would be Corneria (becuz of the bottom thing, just spam bannanas, than get them of edge by bair'in them when they jump over you, then go for teh diddy hump to Rocket Barrels) pretty good place, won me some critical matches against some of my friends and online.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Smashville. While it's not as big as FD, it's just as flat and the edges are much nicer to Diddy's recovery. I would never play as Diddy at New Pork City, and I'm no longer playing as Diddy at Battlefield.

Player-1

Smash Legend

I think a good diddy place would be Corneria (becuz of the bottom thing, just spam bannanas, than get them of edge by bair'in them when they jump over you, then go for teh diddy hump to Rocket Barrels) pretty good place, won me some critical matches against some of my friends and online.
He didn't ask for what stages are banned or not banned, he just asked for stages...

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Yeah, Smashville is probably the best for diddy. It doesnt have too many platforms like Battlefield that mess up your banana game, but it does have one platform that you can jump on to get away from projectiles or pull out bananas.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'd have to agree and say Smashville as one of diddy's better maps. Luigi's mansion is ok..but not that great. of course FD is one of his awesome maps, in case it wasnt the first stage played on and you can pick it the next fight.

For me personally, Yoshi's Island gives me a harder time while playing diddy. Although you can wall cling, its harder to stage spike someone and it be effective, and your bananas almost always go onto the top platform when you dont want them to, since the platform covers about 80-90% of the actual stage under it. Since he's light, he shares the advantage of the somewhat small horizontal distance against anyone he plays. Rainbow Cruise and Haliberd also give me some difficulties

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
The more platforms the worse. FD is my favorite level for him. If I had to pick a secondary counter it would be Smashville.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
FD for me because there isnt any platforms to mess up banana games. i had a hard time on corneria. The unlevel stages make it hard to banana game smoothly.

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah final D can bear my babies too because diddy never gets stuck but the other person does. (we can wall cling!!!) i lol'd. but yeah yoshis island is annoying because of the platform and the uneveness. i cant shoot my popgun on the edges! lol.

Scala

Smash Ace

Corneria is great especially for counter-picking against space animals who camp their lasers. The tilt of the level usually runs their shots right into the ground.

Diddy is pretty well rounded though, any of the standard tournament-allowed stages he should do fine in. It all really boils down to who your opponent is using.

Top Bottom