• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COUNTerpick and ban thread

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
nvm lol. Felix da bess!
you were probably gonna write this long *** post disregarding my knowledge of you, and then was like nahh man i can't play on FD he got me. (assuming by your edit and "nvm lol.")

it's good that you've come to light bro. people just gotta see da truth

Count

Smash Champion
you were probably gonna write this long *** post disregarding my knowledge of you, and then was like nahh man i can't play on FD he got me. (assuming by your edit and "nvm lol.")

it's good that you've come to light bro. people just gotta see da truth
Indeed. Anyway come to the midwest, I want to meet you.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. Anyway come to the midwest, I want to meet you.
I want to meet you too i'll teach you how to play on FD. it's really complex even though it's pretty flat.

edit numba 2: come to bio i'm going or raleigh hehe

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
hopefully i get top 16. at least i get a seed now lmao. last seed is BS when i fight two snakes haha

Count

Smash Champion
I might be at Raleigh so you can show me how to play on FD there.

Yeah, in the worlds of the great le thien.

"mo platforms, mo betta"

Flat ground is too hard :/

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Copy pasted from Social thread

oh yeah, I $5 dollar MMd Judge yesterday (technically two days ago)
In other news, I lost $5.

We did a bo5 and he won 3-0 lol. Game 2 I counterpicked Halberd, and it actually worked pretty well. HL2 (the stoic stage where there's all the hazards and whatnot) is REALLY good for Diddy. HL1 is eh...I feel like with more practice on the stage I could work around some things there. Diddy can deal with it, but open bottom gives MK more options for approaching and poking in hits. I also don't like how the top platform covers pretty much up until the slopes on HL1. More space between the edge and where the platform is on HL2 seems to work much better for me.

tl;dr: I'm going to start counterpicking Halberd against MKs. Right now it's to get better at HL1 and explore the stage in general, but I think I'll probably put it up there. IMO, Halberd is in the same tier as BF and SV for counterpicks against MK.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i dunno the more platforms there are the better stage control i can accomplish, flat stage just gives me control on my side of my side of the stage :\ with a diminishing wall.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i like platforms cause after all, you can't do the felifinite on flat ground duhhh

Top Bottom