• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could anyone rate my marth?

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
I have a recent video of myself playing SK92 in a tournament match. I was just wondering if anyone can rate my marth, tell me what I can improve, and what I should practice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2sBYCOGbsMo

There are other videos on youetube with me playing, but i just put this one on it. If you need more footage to critique on, just check around the site.

Thanks

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You are actually a solid Marth. Overall you did well, but you had trouble killing and gimping.

Work on those aspects of your game. Falco should NEVER be living past 140% against Marth. Heck even living past 130% is a little too high. Also watch Falco carefully so you know when you can get an easy edgehug to gimp his forward b.

Use Marth's other smashes as well to get kills. Falco is one of the lighter characters in the game so U-smash and D-smash make good KO moves Vs Falco even if they don't sweetspot.

And remember to use Marth's tilts for spacing and forcing rolls/spotdodges that you can punish.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Agreed with what was said above. Only thing to work on, as said above is killing a bit earlier. One of my favorite kill tactics is RAR'ing(reverse aerial rush). Marth's bair actually has some pretty godly knockback when tippered =].

Other than that, work on gimping a bit more. Don't be afraid to follow them off the edge since Marth has a pretty awesome gimping game.

Good show though =]

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I typo alot. I thought this was common knowledge on SWF?

Esca

Smash Champion
Hm.. what to say?

Okay:
1. You need to learn to think spur of the moment things. You should have learned before that first stock was even off that he side-b's more than the pope prays, you should've fixed that, you should've followed him off and naired, because marth's nair has priority over falcos side-b, then gimped him. It throws off Falco's timing pretty harsh.
2. Also, you're one of the few people i've seen using the dancing blade, and it's great, but it's hit value eventually gets low. Try mixing it up a little bit by aiming it upward or downwards. It throws off your opponent and the upward one k0s pretty well.

Other than that man, you were pretty good. Keep up making us Marth's proud. =P

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
You're pretty good but with some gimping you could be better.
Yeah i usually try to gimp, but im afraid of falco's side-B spiking me. But yes, when i watch the video, there was a time when i could of gimped him when i was recovering as well, but missed it. He was scared though. haha

because marth's nair has priority over falcos side-b, then gimped him. It throws off Falco's timing pretty harsh.
That's great to know because i try to nair, but i guess I do it too late/early because the Side-B still hits me sometimes.

Thanks for the critique, and its good to know I'm not a pushover marth, as your comments stated. Any more critique is welcome, I have more videos that I'm waiting on from the Vegas guys. lol

∫unk

Smash Master
In addition to what other people have said:

You tend to stick to a few moves at a time and not use everything Marth has fluidly.

On the first stock you were using a lot of f-air and dancing blade, but couldn't get the kill because those moves were used so often.

Second stock you start using up b a lot but don't use the aforementioned moves as much.

Last stock you start using n-air a LOT and f-air is almost non-existent.

So you're using all of Marth's moves, but you're using them in clumps which isn't useful at all. Constantly mix up your moves to keep them fresh. On the first stock you could have killed 40% earlier if you just switched to a smash or n-air (since you were using f-air the whole time to rack up damage).

Also, don't automatically airdodge after you get hit. It's a bad habit and is only useful in a situation where an early jump will save you. Otherwise it may hinder you, or if the opponent is good he will know that you airdodge after any heavy hit and anticipate it.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
try to use fairs more than airdodging wen falling twords an opponant!
more spacing and fsmash...
and a few small mistakes like (sh>ff>dair- the hit box doesnt appear when u ff that fast)

Top Bottom