• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoS Presents : C 3 CAN'T HOST, BUT WE CAN

alphameric

Smash Ace

This tournament is being run by the church of smash because C 3 will be unable to run his bi-weekly on May 3rd. That and because Mississauga is **** far for the majority, and the 31st is a long way away :p.
On top of that, the other thread wasn't exactly ideal for sorting everything out.

WHEN: Saturday, May 3rd
WHERE: GK's House
TIME: Noon - Midnight
EVENTS: Brawl Singles/Doubles

SCHEDULE:
12pm - 1pm (Setup/Singles Registration & Pools Setup)
1pm - 9pm (Singles Pools/Brackets)
6pm (Doubles Registration)
7pm - 11pm (Doubles Tournament)
11pm - Midnight (Friendlies/Cleanup)

If there is time and the people to do so, we may be able to run crews

COSTS: $10 singles $5/person doubles
PAYOUT: 60/30/10 if we get a minimum of 8 team brackets and/or 16 man brackets

GENERAL DIRECTIONS:
Pickering is 15min from Markham. It is stupidly close, so there is no reason people shouldn't be able to come. Beef aside, we're here to play smash.
- Take the Go Train or Go Bus to the Pickering Go Station
- You can walk to the house OR take the 5A or 5 bus to get to West Shore blvd
- 793 West Shore blvd

RULES:
- No excessive stalling
- Food will not be provided, there are food joints nearby, but if enough people want we can order something
- Pausing excessively or using it to break chain grabs or what should have otherwise killed you forfeits your stock.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule is implemented: You can use stages you've lost on as counterpick but not stages you've won on.
- Advanced slob picks: Double blind character select and random neutral stage game 1. Loser then either calls random or a stage, winner picks his or her character, then the loser selects character. (The latter 2 do not apply in the case of a random match call).
- Bring Your Own Controller. You will not be supplied one.
- All matches are 3 stock, 6 minutes. Life stealing on in teams, friendly fire on in teams, etc.
- SHOW RESPECT TO OTHERS AND THE HOUSE.
- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE
- No Johns

Pools are 2/3
Brackets are 2/3
Finals (Winners/Losers) are 3/5
Grand Finals are 6/11 (person from winner's is up 3-0)

STAGES:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Corneria
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Distant Planet
Rainbow Cruise
Pirate Ship
Everything Else

CONFIRMED PLAYERS
gk
alphameric
kjdjy
chaotic
andre
smash rob
cipher
samus_2021
mdk
lph
homsar

MISC:
If you can, please bring a chair of some kind, or if at all possible a Wii/TV. We will already have a number of TVs and Wii's, but the more we have, the faster things can progress. If you are worried about the player count, there will be at least 6-7 CoS player by default.

Also, don't **** up this thread. We'd like an accurate count on who can or cannot come

RESULTS

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
So basically this thread is going to be people CoS bashing because they don't want to come to a tounry and lose to a CoS member.

KingAce

Smash Ace
hmm I'm gonna go and ask my friend right now I should be able to let you know if we can get a ride there later tonight. lol **** pickering is a mission back still , MDK you wanna just wait until the 10th for combo breaker if you still goto that ? the turnout doesnt seem to be too big for this at the moment.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
So many johns. We have missioned to sauga many times to play in tournies. The tourny was scheduled for May 3rd anyways. What's the dealio?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I can provide rides from pickering GO to GK's house at the earlier hours of the day. Like a shuttle bus, but a van! Around every 30 mins or something. That'll make things easier for you guys, come it'll be a good time!

Prez

Smash Apprentice
I can provide rides from pickering GO to GK's house at the earlier hours of the day. Like a shuttle bus, but a van! Around every 30 mins or something. That'll make things easier for you guys, come it'll be a good time!
Might actually take you up on this if me and my friend decide to go..

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
hm...... oringinally i was going to go for singles at c 3's cause i had work in the morning....... if someone wants to team with me then i'll go for doubles ...... idea? =]
and im guessing i can get to pik go station from scarborough go station?........ can the host pm me their contact info so that i can find my way when i get to the go station..... i'll most likely arrive at 3-4 assuming that i get off at 1-2
and yes...... how late does the go bus run til?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
hm...... oringinally i was going to go for singles at c 3's cause i had work in the morning....... if someone wants to team with me then i'll go for doubles ...... idea? =]
and im guessing i can get to pik go station from scarborough go station?........ can the host pm me their contact info so that i can find my way when i get to the go station..... i'll most likely arrive at 3-4 assuming that i get off at 1-2
Not sure what bus your taking but, http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedule/trainbusschedule.aspx
should help.

In regards to finding your way once you get here, I am doing shuttle "buses" from the go station to the host's house, so give me a call when you arrive. I'll PM you my cell.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
I will come if someone can give me exact directions from square 1, or if someone can pick me up from square 1.

I would also like to know if there is going to be atleast a minimum of 15 people going. Thanks.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
wtclanDOTcom,

where do you live. my adress is 793 west shore blvd. Pickering, Ont.

Map quest gives you exact directions from your home if that helps!?

idea

Smash Master
yeah, sure, for doubles =) nooo idea who i'm gonna feel like playing that day. and lol no one answered my question but when you asked it was answered immediately.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
no way I can go..I have no clue how to get there..I dont know anything about the trains and bus routes. If anyone from mississauga close to cawthra community center or square one or dixie mall is going and is willing to take me with them either through bus, train or car..I will go. Otherwise I cant.

idea

Smash Master
you have to learn sometime...just get a map, it's hard to read maps wrongly. and worst case scenario, you go the wrong way and get lost - either call someone or go back the way you came.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
ya..no, im not gunna do that rofl. someone from sauga has to be going? maybe they can help.

Cipher

Smash Journeyman
ya..no, im not gunna do that rofl. someone from sauga has to be going? maybe they can help.
There is a a go train that goes straight to pickering, from square 1 you can take 19 S to Port Credit Go station and from Port Credit Go station you can take a train to Pickering. You will be perfect for Singles (since that is the event is first) there are plenty of trains during the day. As for Doubles the last train leaves pickering go station at midnight and the doubles event should be over by then.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
yeah, sure, for doubles =) nooo idea who i'm gonna feel like playing that day. and lol no one answered my question but when you asked it was answered immediately.
lol probably cause they read through all the post before answering and mine just happened to be after yours =P ..... and nps i never know who i'll use until the match is about to begin =P so you and me both

MDK00

Smash Ace
hmm I'm gonna go and ask my friend right now I should be able to let you know if we can get a ride there later tonight. lol **** pickering is a mission back still , MDK you wanna just wait until the 10th for combo breaker if you still goto that ? the turnout doesnt seem to be too big for this at the moment.
i really wanna go to this!!! i really need the practice and experience havent played brawl in awhile =(

ok i jus looked into the GO bus transit system and it doesnt seem to run late on saturdays (that or im reading it wrong =S ) but if im correct it the last bus leaving from Pickering GO is 4PM =S

so obviously gettin there would be pretty easy (ride or no ride) but we most DEFINITELY need a ride back home.

maybe u shud convince ur friend on goin and stayin. talk money, im sure that will win him over =D (im more then willing to cough up some gas money, in case that wasnt clear early lol)

alphameric

Smash Ace
@ DiCubed
thanks for stating the obvious, now **** off if you're just going to be a ****.

@ MDK
the green arrows at the side of schedules show more times

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Alright 2 more days. For those needing rides from the GO station to the Host's house, PM me for my cell info. Generally I'd prefer to pick up at least 2 people per trip, instead of a single person everytime, but we'll see how it goes. I'll be wearing a red mario cap for easy spotting, and maybe sit on top of my van.

Rough timing for pickups (from the GO to GK's house):
11, 11:30, 12, 12:30

Rough timing for dropoffs (back to the GO after the tourny):
Depends when things wrap up, but this option exists.

D

Deleted member

respect, cos.

I'd love to come, honestly. i got some **** to take care of though.

unless i'm allowed to bring some freelance work on a laptop and pretty much concentrate solely on that for 90-120 mins

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Do it up Jake! Do it when you're not playing.

I know I said 12pm but I wont start the tourny until 1pm at the latest. Just in case problems happen. Still try to be at my house for 12.

D

Deleted member

i type for a living, so i transcribe tapes. i got a person in new york right now doing interviews for the cast of prince caspian. shes gonna send me the audio file at like 4 pm, but at that time, i'd have to have wireless internet connection and my bracket would be pretty much not touched until i finish.

what do you say? around 4 pm i'd have to abandon smash for my job. the interview she needs done is gonna be done at around 4.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we have that many people coming... Maybe 20 if we're lucky. I don't see the tourny running past 4.
hm....... i wouldnt get there til around that time..... so i guess there really isn't a point in travelling and there and back =T i guess i'll just got to the next one at c 3's when it's just walking distance

sry idea we'll team it up some other time, oh and tues or wed's of this coming week you wana meet up for some smash?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
hm....... i wouldnt get there til around that time..... so i guess there really isn't a point in travelling and there and back =T i guess i'll just got to the next one at c 3's when it's just walking distance
You can still make it in time for doubles, and of course friendlies!

D

Deleted member

i cant come. my dad's gonna be using his laptop so i'll have to work at home :(

Top Bottom