• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Looks like the Fates direct starts at 2 pm Pacific Time. That's also exactly when I have to clock in to work.

I kind of hope its less then an hour so I can watch it during my lunch break...

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So in the rumors department, someone on NeoGAF has discovered a mention of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation for the Nintendo Switch on Fire Emblem Warriors' source code on Nintendo.com.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228518482&postcount=354

Any thoughts on this? I personally find myself being skeptical about this despite the evidence provided.
That would be AWESOME. However, I think it's just a mistake, or it means something completely different than what we think. I doubt this is definitive proof of anything.

Looks like the Fates direct starts at 2 pm Pacific Time. That's also exactly when I have to clock in to work.

I kind of hope its less then an hour so I can watch it during my lunch break...
LOL back in December of 2015, I came home a little after the last Smash Direct started. I ended up missing Corrin's trailer. I only learned he was in after Bayonetta's announcement when a friend asked what I thought of Corrin being in the game. I thought he was just trolling me; I asked him to stop. :rotfl: Then I saw Corrin at the end and was all like :bluejump: AAIIEEE. While it was still a blessing to have Corrin playable, I wish I could've had that first-hand reaction, you know?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Fire Emblem Direct comes live right when I'm about to head for my afternoon class, and I might have something going right when before it. Either I'll be able to watch it live but only for 10 minutes tops, or I won't be able to watch it at all until after 6:45 PM.

I just hope the Direct won't be too long. I know the Animal Crossing Direct lasted roughly 15 minutes, so maybe this Fire Emblem Direct will last just as long. I mean, I think Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem mobile will probably take up most of the presentation, while a new game reveal seems more like something they'd reveal at the end then go into some brief detail.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
As of right now, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my most wanted game for the system. So i thought i'd share with you some concept art that Monolith Soft revealed for the game, as well as a few small things we found out ourselves

Here we see two of the main characters, Rex and Homura (more into that later), staring out into the distance looking at the Bionis-sized whale over there.

Just some facial expressions here. We also see a new species there, which seem to be cat people. I am naming thse the "Cat Entia" for now.

Another look at our two protaganists, Rex and Homura. Homura's design reminds me of Fiora's Machina armor.
There's also a fourth piece of artwork but it's identical to the first one, except it's missing Homura.
And now, for the four characters we know of:

We don't know that much about him for obvious reasons. What we do know is that he's the main protagonist and he's on a quest to find Elysium (which i'm 99% positive it's that Bionis-sized tree we saw) and he vows to protect Homura. Also, the thing on his back isn't a backpack. It's actually a helmet. That's pretty cool.

Like Rex, we don't know that much about her. What we do know, aside from her being the other main protaganist, is that she's immortal. She's what's called "The Blade", and i'm pretty sure she and the sword Rex has are connected. She can't die unless that core on her chest is destroyed or her Driver dies. I'm going to assume her Driver is Rex. Also, fun fact, she shares her name with a Skell in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

So these two, we know next to nothing about. All we know is that Hikari has a core similar to Homura and Nia is a "Cat Entia" who is seen riding that beast there.
AND NOW, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
Nopon are back! At this point, it's safe to say that Nopon are the series' mascot now. Will we see Telethia as well? They appeared in two Xenoblade games so far. Why not here as well?
Oh, and i may have an explanation as to why this is "Xenoblade Chronicles 2", despite being the third game in the series. If i am correct, Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to be a sub-series of Xenoblade Chronicles. I don't mean as a spin-off, X is too big to be a spin-off. But, basically, there are two Xenoblade Chronicles series. So maybe, eventually, we may get a Xenoblade Chronicles X2.
Also, Monolith must've been working on this game at the same time as X or else it wouldn't be coming out in North America this year. Anyways, i can't wait for this game.

Back to Fire Emblem, i am trying to determine how many characters would be in. The base game of Hyrule Warriors had 16. Fire Emblem has 19 Lords if i remember correctly. Granted, not all of them would get in but it would be stupid not to have the Fire Emblem characters from Smash be in this game. To be perfectly honest, i can't see Alm, Seliph, and Leif getting in, as they might all play too similarly. Their signature swords don't have anything special, they're just really powerful (Leif doesn't even have a signature sword). We also have to account what villains could get in. Grima and Anankos are out, they are way too big. But characters like Zephiel and Lyon, i see them getting in. I also expect, after the game releases, DLC packs, like in Hyrule Warriors. So like, a Gaiden pack, a Binding Blade pack, etc.

I know the Animal Crossing Direct lasted roughly 15 minutes, so maybe this Fire Emblem Direct will last just as long. I mean, I think Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem mobile will probably take up most of the presentation, while a new game reveal seems more like something they'd reveal at the end then go into some brief detail.
I never saw the Animal Crossing Direct, but i believe all they covered was just the New Leaf update. Meanwhile, the Fire Emblem Direct has been confirmed to cover multiple titles and we know FE Mobile is one of them. It's easy to say that Warriors will be the other one and that's it, but maybe it's just me being hopeful, but it sounds like there may be one more. I don't expect FE15 this early but who knows. But, this early, i feel like a Fire Emblem Legacy Collection seems more likely. Or maybe FE15 will be a remake. Either way, the Fire Emblem Direct will likely be longer than the Animal Crossing one. But we'll find out tomorrow.

Astellius

Smash Ace
So in the rumors department, someone on NeoGAF has discovered a mention of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation for the Nintendo Switch on Fire Emblem Warriors' source code on Nintendo.com.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228518482&postcount=354

Any thoughts on this? I personally find myself being skeptical about this despite the evidence provided.
I took a look, and it's nothing, it's just the name they gave the graphic they made for the Revelation link on that part of the website (since Revelation didn't have a box art). It's supposed to show the box art, but yeah. It's this graphic, by the way:

K7Sx1I_SqH7yNsLXiZr6pWODAl2CEqH_.png

Look at the edges of that orange rectangle... Let the hype begin!! #OrangeRectangleHypeIsReal

All that part of the code is just to put that image on the page, with the following part of the code to fill in the information about the game. That info is all about the 3DS version. It's not like anything about this is a placeholder, as if they'll fill in more later. No, it's all being used to link to where you can buy Revelation for the 3DS. You can check out that graphic in all its sexy action at: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-warriors-switch#game-details

Oh, and do you think they'll finally reveal the release date for the last DLC? They've been taking sweet forever on getting that out to us.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh, and do you think they'll finally reveal the release date for the last DLC? They've been taking sweet forever on getting that out to us.
It seems possible. Tomorrow would be a great time to reveal it.

Not to mention that translating all those dialogues from the Hoshido Festival of Bonds DLC probably takes a while (every child has a completely unique conversation for each mother option available to them), and it's almost been a year since this DLC first came out in Japan, so if they were to be releasing this DLC for the international audience soon, perhaps now seems like a time they could truly be done translating all the conversations.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I won't be able to watch the Fire Emblem Direct first thing but I'll still check that out soon after, like maybe an hour or so later. Not sure what to expect on that presentation except probably more info on Fire Emblem Warriors and that Fire Emblem mobile game I've been waiting for since I first heard about it. I'll just keep my expectations low til then.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in light of tonight's Fire Emblem Direct, this picture has been floating around social media. Someone shared this in another social I'm involved in, and I thought I'd share it here to start some fun discussion in light of what will be happening in a few hours.

What are your answers to each of the numbers?

Here are mine:

(I've only played Awakening or Fates though, so my answers will be limited to those games)

1. Awakening
2. Fates, but if we had to narrow it down, I'd go with the underdog pick, Birthright, for the time being
3. Takumi
4. Oboro
5. Chrom
6. Gangrel
7. Chrom
8. Takumi
9. Laurent
10. Xander for Cavaliers, Hinoka for Pegasus Knights
11. Nowi
12. Kaden, hands down
13. Either the Fujin Yumi or the Guard Naginata
14. Awakening (I only played Awakening and Fates at the moment, but I liked Awakening a lot)
15. Iago and Hans
16. Robin
17. Hmm, probably Kinshi Knight, mainly because they are underwhelming units for the most part (minus Reina in Birthright Chapter 11).
18. Fates: Birthright
19. Fates: Both the Hoshidan and Nohrian casts
20. Fates: Conquest
21. I've recently started to play Hard: Classic
22. Takumi, hands down
23. A better written story than Fates and Awakening, as well as removal of children characters unless there's a good reason to keep them story-wise
24. Waifu: Azura (technically Oboro, but I ship her with either Takumi or Hinata); Husbando: Chrom

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I only played Awakening and Fates myself as well, so here are my answers in regards to those games:
1. Awakening
2. Fates
3. Xander
4. Setsuna
5. Chrom
6. Walhart
7. Chrom
8. Setsuna
9. I don't really have one actually. If counting dark mage, then definitely Tharja.
10. Horseback units, it's a tie between Stahl and Xander. For Pegasus knights, definitely Sumia.
11. Nah
12. Panne
13. Siegfried
14. Awakening. I still enjoyed it.
15. Iago
16. That's a hard one.
17. Onmyojis, I guess. I don't see the appeal to them.
18. Awakening
19. Hoshidian cast of Fates: Birthright
21. Hard / Classic
22. Leo
23. I'll just wait and see what the future has in store for the next one than to hope.
24. I'm not answering this so you can just leave me out of it.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Let's see here...

1. Awakening
2. Fates
3. Corrin
4. Azura (I think both her and Corrin are more well-written than people give them credit for)
5. Corrin
6. Takumi (does he count?)
7. Hector
8. Takumi (LOL)
9. Nino
10. Silas
11. Corrin
12. Ranulf
13. Armads. (or Fujin Yumi, really hard to decide)
14. Shadow Dragon (that's pretty much the only localized Fire Emblem game I thought was awful)
15. Miriel
16. Sigurd
17. Warrior (it's literally just inferior berserker)
18. Fates: Conquest and Birthright (Take it from somebody who's had a hand in story writing and is familiar with what makes a story good. Fates had a good story. The script could've used some work, and Conquest had a few major problems. That's all.)
19. This is a hard one... probably Fates. FE 7 and 9 had great casts as well.
20. Fates
21. Hard, classic
22. Takumi
23. Awakening's localization team (8-4)
24. I don't believe in the idea of maintaining a Waifu. However, if I had one, it'd totally be Cordelia.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So in light of tonight's Fire Emblem Direct, this picture has been floating around social media. Someone shared this in another social I'm involved in, and I thought I'd share it here to start some fun discussion in light of what will be happening in a few hours.

Well let's see
  1. Sacred Stones/Awakening. Sacred Stones was the first FE i played but Awakening was the first one i bought.
  2. Binding Blade or Blazing Sword. Depends on how i'm feeling.
  3. Leo, Jaffar, Takumi and Rutger.
  4. Lyn, Raquesis, Lilina, Sophia, Azura, Soleil
  5. Roy, Eliwood
  6. Lyon, Nergal, Idden. Honerable mention to Zephiel for having a great battle theme.
  7. Roy, Eliwood, Ike
  8. Takumi, Rebecca, Louise, Irene
  9. Lilina, Sophia
  10. Seth, Duessel
  11. Ninian, Nowi, Tiki
  12. Keaton
  13. Sword of Seals, Durandal, Sol Katti, Apocalypse, Forblaze
  14. First half of Genealogy of the Holy War and all of Tharcia 776 (aaaaaaand here come the Jugdral fanboys).
  15. Sigurd, Tharja, Rhajat, Peri
  16. Sigurd. People think Corrin has a bland personality? Ha! At least Corrin has some interesting moments. Meanwhile, Sigurd has zero redeeming qualities. People only like him because he's a more broken Seth. But at least Seth is an interesting character.
  17. Griffon Rider. What's the point of that class?
  18. The Elibe saga.
  19. The GBA FE games
  20. Fates has the best gameplay in the entire series. HOWEVER, i'll also mention the GBA FE games for having the best sprite animations. Seriously, i find myself preferring those animations over the 3D ones.
  21. Hard mode, unless it's Awakening. Awakening's empty maps make it almost impossible to stratageize.
  22. Celica. Fire Emblem Gaiden needs more love.
  23. I want to roam around villages and castles again like in Gaiden.
  24. Azura.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well let's see
  1. Sacred Stones/Awakening. Sacred Stones was the first FE i played but Awakening was the first one i bought.
  2. Binding Blade or Blazing Sword. Depends on how i'm feeling.
  3. Leo, Jaffar, Takumi and Rutger.
  4. Lyn, Raquesis, Lilina, Sophia, Azura, Soleil
  5. Roy, Eliwood
  6. Lyon, Nergal, Idden. Honerable mention to Zephiel for having a great battle theme.
  7. Roy, Eliwood, Ike
  8. Takumi, Rebecca, Louise, Irene
  9. Lilina, Sophia
  10. Seth, Duessel
  11. Ninian, Nowi, Tiki
  12. Keaton
  13. Sword of Seals, Durandal, Sol Katti, Apocalypse, Forblaze
  14. First half of Genealogy of the Holy War and all of Tharcia 776 (aaaaaaand here come the Jugdral fanboys).
  15. Sigurd, Tharja, Rhajat, Peri
  16. Sigurd. People think Corrin has a bland personality? Ha! At least Corrin has some interesting moments. Meanwhile, Sigurd has zero redeeming qualities. People only like him because he's a more broken Seth. But at least Seth is an interesting character.
  17. Griffon Rider. What's the point of that class?
  18. The Elibe saga.
  19. The GBA FE games
  20. Fates has the best gameplay in the entire series. HOWEVER, i'll also mention the GBA FE games for having the best sprite animations. Seriously, i find myself preferring those animations over the 3D ones.
  21. Hard mode, unless it's Awakening. Awakening's empty maps make it almost impossible to stratageize.
  22. Celica. Fire Emblem Gaiden needs more love.
  23. I want to roam around villages and castles again like in Gaiden.
  24. Azura.
HA! Gaiden needs more love, you say? Seems someone was listening. Also really glad Warriors is on 3DS.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
1: Awakening
2: Awakening
3: Ricken and Hayato
4: Camilla
5: (Going by Main Protagonist) Lucina
6: Cervantes
7: Also Lucina
8: Setsuna
9: Ricken and Hayato, I can't choose >///3///<
10: Sain
11: Tiki
12: Tiki
13: Killing Edge
14: Shadow Dragon
15: Tharja
16: (Main Protagonists) Micaiah
17: Mechanist
18: Awakening
19: Awakening
20: Fates
21: Normal/Hard
22: Ricken and Hayato, failing those two Camilla but she's probably a given
23: Same-Sex S Supports for all characters. Even if it's too late.
24: None/Ricken or Hayato

Fire Emblem Gaiden needs more love.
Did someone say Gaiden?
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/821841059613315072

Didn't catch the trailer but Gaiden's finally getting an English Release.

Oh, of course I get :4greninja: 'd. Oh Well.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
First of all:

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 22.04.34.png

Man, Intelligent Systems really don't want to go through Fates pre-release again.
  • Anyway, Fire Emblem Echoes looks like a cool way of appeasing fans of old school Fire Emblem with a revisit of Gaiden. Being one of the most unique games in the series should also attract newer fans as well.
  • I don't get why we needed the direct to show an extra 20 seconds of Warriors footage confirming what we already know.
  • Finally, Fire Emblem Heroes looks like a very Japanese style mobile game. I'm not into that kind of stuff but I know people who are.
Big up Intelligent Systems for giving Niles and Lon'qu some love. I mean, being listed alongside the series' Lord characters? It's almost like I wrote this script.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fire Emblem Gaiden needs more love.
Oh my God. I predicted the future. But yes. All the yes. AND AMIIBOS FOR ALM AND CELICA!? YESSSSSS! Meanwhile, Corrin's like "when's my Amiibo coming out?" My dream for Gaiden getting more love is coming true.

We also saw an extended trailer of Fire Emblem Warriors. But it was just that. An extended trailer. This game must still be in the earlier reaches of development.

FE15 has been confirmed (or is it 16? Fire Emblem Echos is a remake, and remakes still count as a next entry. For example, the Shadow Dragon remake was FE11). 2018. That's to be expected. Hype tho.

And Fire Emblem Heroes. I like what i saw. Love the artstyle. Seems like all the Fire Emblem characters will be in. All of them. From the entire series. A lot people are worried about microtransactions but, people, this is Nintendo. They handle microtransactions pretty fairly. Plus, those Hero Orbs can be gotten by playing the game. People are worrying too much.

ALSO, YURI LOWENTHAL NARRATING THE DIRECT! AMAZING!

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Who else is voting for Takumi on the Fire Emblem Heroes thingy? I'm probably just overreacting, but maybe your vote could have greater impact in the foreseeable future than one would assume... Perhaps the results of this ballot could be referred to for things other than Fire Emblem Heroes, such as future Fire Emblem games or perhaps even the next Super Smash Bros game...

NOW'S OUR CHANCE, PEOPLE!!!

:starman:
#VoteTakumi :starman:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Here are mine:

(I've only played Awakening or Fates though, so my answers will be limited to those games)

1. Awakening
2. Fates, but if we had to narrow it down, I'd go with the underdog pick, Birthright, for the time being
3. Takumi
4. Oboro
5. Chrom
6. Gangrel
7. Chrom
8. Takumi
9. Laurent
10. Xander for Cavaliers, Hinoka for Pegasus Knights
11. Nowi
12. Kaden, hands down
13. Either the Fujin Yumi or the Guard Naginata
14. Awakening (I only played Awakening and Fates at the moment, but I liked Awakening a lot)
15. Iago and Hans
16. Robin
17. Hmm, probably Kinshi Knight, mainly because they are underwhelming units for the most part (minus Reina in Birthright Chapter 11).
18. Fates: Birthright
19. Fates: Both the Hoshidan and Nohrian casts
21. I've recently started to play Hard: Classic
22. Takumi, hands down
23. A better written story than Fates and Awakening, as well as removal of children characters unless there's a good reason to keep them story-wise
24. Waifu: Azura (technically Oboro, but I ship her with either Takumi or Hinata); Husbando: Chrom
Awakening/Fates player here :^)))

1. Awakening
2. Fates
3. Keaton
4. Nowi
5. Robin
6. Meh, I can't really think of one
7. Chrom
8. Nina
9. Laurent? He just carried me in Awakening and I'm just thinking off the top of my head lol
10. Cherche
11. NowiNowiNowi
12. Keaton/Nowi
13. Killer/Brave weapons
14. Awakening
15. Siegbert
16. Corrin
17. Meh, I don't really hate any classes. Maybe the Healer/Clerics that can't do any damage
18. I don't really know
19. Fates
20. Fates
21. Hard
22. Nowi/Keaton/Soleil
23. Just let me turn into dragons
24. Soleil/Keaton

Pancakes-Butters

Smash Rookie
Who else is voting for Takumi on the Fire Emblem Heroes thingy? I'm probably just overreacting, but maybe your vote could have greater impact in the foreseeable future than one would assume... Perhaps the results of this ballot could be referred for things other than Fire Emblem Heroes, such as future Fire Emblem games or perhaps even the next Super Smash Bros game...

NOW'S OUR CHANCE, PEOPLE!!!

:starman:
#VoteTakumi :starman:
Nah man, Takumi is the most stupedist character.

D

Deleted member

The Direct was pretty good.
Echoes looks pretty fun and I'm glad to see them return to an older FE title. I'm unsure if this is a remake or a new entry, but it's definitely something to get excited over. I am also glad that the game won't take a year to release like Fates... I will admit that was awful. I might get it, but I hope there is a Casual mode. I'm awful at SRPGs.
I wanted more Warriors footage, damn it! It's great to see gameplay and it was really hype, but I wanted to see a new trailer with more characters. I hope Takumi is in it.
The mobile game looks interesting as well and I will probably get it... though I don't like how I, an iPhone user, won't be able to get the game for an unspecified time.

I have limited experience, but...
1. Awakening
2. Fates: Revelation
3. Takumi
4. Hana
5. Robin
6. Don't have one.
7. Lucina, if Robin doesn't count (the game ends if he does, that counts as something)
8. Takumi!
9. Odin Dark, hero of the ages!
10. Silas
11. Corrin
12. Kaden
13. Tomes
14. Don't have one.
15. Orochi, mainly for how bland she is.
16. I guess Corrin, mainly for how too naive they can be.
17. Not a fan of the fragility of dancers.
18. I guess Fates
19. I guess Fates
20. Fates
21. Normal/Casual
22. TAKUMI! PLEASE!
23. I hope that infinite weapons aren't a thing. I was on board with it in Fates, but I slowly began to dislike the concept of them; I rather have an Iron Sword rather than an Iron Katana, as I don't want to lose defense. In some cases, iron weapons are better than steel ones and silver weapons are risky.
24. Hana is bae!

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This is relevant
C2fLybIVIAEir40.jpg
Also, i don't know who to vote for yet in Heroes. I heard you can vote one time per day so maybe i'll vote for multiple characters. Also, apparently you can also vote for NPCs. Including 4-year old Amy from Radiant Dawn. That's a thing i guess. Also, i noticed that they didn't announce a price for Heroes? Although, if it's 10 dollars like Mario Run, it'll actually be worth the 10 dollars.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Class ended early, and I got to watch the Direct. Hear are my thoughts:

Fire Emblem Echoes: I haven't played Gaiden, but it's really cool that they are remaking an old title! Looking forward to playing it!

Fire Emblem Warriors: I'm surprised they didn't reveal any new characters. Oh well, it was cool to see Chrom in action!

Fire Emblem Switch: Oh hey, a new main series Fire Emblem title on the way for the Switch! Can't wait to see what it is!

Fire Emblem Heroes: Now THIS looks awesome. Definitely getting when it comes out. I was surprised when I saw Xander and Lucina together, but when Camilla and Chrom appeared, it became clear that this was a crossover title. When I saw Takumi appear in 3D, I squeeled. My favorite Fire Emblem character/third favorite video game character is going to be in it! It seems like many characters from multiple FE games will also be playable! I even saw Oboro at one point in the trailer! The gameplay looks pretty fun, and I'll definitely give my Fire Emblem Heroes vote sometime soon. If I could vote for multiple candidates, I'd vote for everyone in Team Takumi, but if it's one vote, I guess I'll just have to narrow it to just Takumi.

Nah man, Takumi is the most stupedist character.
I'd argue the complete opposite. He has the most realistic reaction out of the four siblings when Corrin returns to Hoshido for the first time. I mean, if someone from an enemy nation appears in your home nation and then your loved one gets murdered shortly following it, why wouldn't you be mad and suspicious. There's also the fact he barely even knows Corrin compared to Hinoka and Ryoma, so to Takumi, Corrin would make him think, "Ugh, who?" In fact, he's one of the very few characters that doesn't kiss Corrin's feet right away compared to most characters: that shows he's logical and cautious. He also has a pretty deep inferiority complex due to his position as the middle child. He even suffers from insecurity and anxiety issues that makes him a relatable character for many. All of that makes him a compelling and sympathizable character, and I'd say he's definitely one of the most well-written of Fates' cast.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Also, i don't know who to vote for yet in Heroes. I heard you can vote one time per day so maybe i'll vote for multiple characters. Also, apparently you can also vote for NPCs. Including 4-year old Amy from Radiant Dawn. That's a thing i guess. Also, i noticed that they didn't announce a price for Heroes? Although, if it's 10 dollars like Mario Run, it'll actually be worth the 10 dollars.
I'd just like to point out that you can vote for Roy only once (under Binding Blade), whereas you can vote for both Binding Blade Guinivere and Blazing Sword Guinivere. Similarly, you can also vote twice for Hector. I can see the Hector fangirls abusing this feature...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, i noticed that they didn't announce a price for Heroes? Although, if it's 10 dollars like Mario Run, it'll actually be worth the 10 dollars.
Heroes is free to play with in app purchases last I checked.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I hope that infinite weapons aren't a thing.
I have news for you. Echos is going to have infinite weapons, because that's how it was in Gaiden. Though i don't know if they'll add debuffs or if they'll handle it like they did in Gaiden originally. I expect the latter.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A little copy and paste from the Robin social in regards to the Fire Emblem direct, which was pretty interesting.
  • A remake of a 25 year old game that only came out in Japan isn't at all that fancy but at least I finally get to play it first hand when it comes out in May, so it's definitely something to be excited about. I might get the one that comes with the amiibos of the two main characters.
  • There was a lot of nothing from that Fire Emblem Warriors trailer there aside from Chrom in action. Still need more than just something everyone here already knows about.
  • They didn't say much about the new Fire Emblem game coming out for the Switch other than it'll be coming out next year. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to hearing more about it.
  • Fire Emblem Heroes looks like an interesting mobile game where characters throughout the franchise appear in one game. Well, at least I found something to keep me busy at work during my break times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have news for you. Echos is going to have infinite weapons, because that's how it was in Gaiden. Though i don't know if they'll add debuffs or if they'll handle it like they did in Gaiden originally. I expect the latter.
Well, I can always hope for the next game at least.
It's not a mechanic that crushes the game for me, but I don't like using some weapons in Fates. I prefer using iron and steel weapons over the silver weapons.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Well, I can always hope for the next game at least.
It's not a mechanic that crushes the game for me, but I don't like using some weapons in Fates. I prefer using iron and steel weapons over the silver weapons.
I think Fates did an excellent job of re-balancing weapons. If you think about it, they function as they did in the older games, only in an environment where there's no weapon durability; iron weapons were just the average joes with balanced hit, might, and no penalties; steel weapons are more powerful than iron weapons, but penalizes speed; silver weapons are the weapons you only ever want to use when you need to maximize attack output. The only real difference is with the latter: in the older games, you wanted to conserve the uses on your silver weapons as they were rare and/or expensive; nowadays, you want to avoid using them if possible to avoid taking a heavy strength penalty. No weapon durability may seem like the worst thing ever, but nothings changed, really.

Awakening, on the other hand, did weapons horribly wrong. Just another of the many balance flaws in Awakening, there's virtually nothing to stop you from grinding for gold and buying as many silver weapons and powerful tomes as you feel like. There's literally no reason to go back to steel weapons after you get silver ones. To make matters worse the game seems to acknowledge this problem by giving EVERY SINGLE ENEMY a silver weapon in the late game. That doesn't help though. All it does is make attack outputs obnoxiously high 100% of the time. It seems to me what they tried to do in Awakening was introduce a traditional RPG element, the concept of getting newer, better gear and ditching the old gear, in a game where it really doesn't work at all.

Fates managed to find the perfect compromise between old school FE gameplay while still removing weapon durability, the presence of which would've heavily complicated an already complicated game. Fates' removal of durability was a helpful step forward down the route the Fire Emblem series is currently taking. While I can understand anyone who says otherwise, I wouldn't want weapon durability to come back.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I just watched the Fire Emblem Direct, and it was awesome! Seriously had a lot more announcements than I was expecting. I'm definitely looking forward to the Gaiden remake, and am very pleased they decided they would bring it to us so quickly after the announcement. Also, the news Fire Emblem Warriors will be available for the 3DS is definitely welcome too, since I don't know when/if I'll be getting a Switch. Fire Emblem Heroes also looks pretty cool, so I'll be doing that too. Why was Lilina's voice so squeaky and high pitched though? Nothing about the DLC though. At this point, I'm assuming they just decided not to bring it over.

Magical Pegacorn

Smash Rookie
NNID
LadyWeavile461
Hello loves, I'm a huge Fire Emblem nerd, and I have to ask, is Corrin :4corrinf: a good option to start playing Smash4 with again? I started playing when it first came out and stopped after Bayonetta came in, but I'd like to get back into it. Any tips friends? :confused:

(Sorry if this message seems strange, I've never been on a forum before Embarrass )

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Hello loves, I'm a huge Fire Emblem nerd, and I have to ask, is Corrin :4corrinf: a good option to start playing Smash4 with again? I started playing when it first came out and stopped after Bayonetta came in, but I'd like to get back into it. Any tips friends? :confused:

(Sorry if this message seems strange, I've never been on a forum before Embarrass )
WELCOME!! As my username implies, I am Meta Knight! :4metaknight: Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Corrin is a really fun character to play in my opinion. While he/she (gonna go with he for convenience) isn't particularly outstanding in the competitive field, he's still a great character. Given the way his moveset is built, he's primarily played defensively. You can check out the various matchup tools and frame data charts available right here on the Corrin Forum for more in-depth stuff, such as which characters he excels against, or whether or not his side-tilt is faster than Sheik's Fair (forward-aerial attack). I personally enjoy spamming his down-throw (the one where he turns into a dragon and goes "RRAAAAAWR!!"). While he can be a bit more complicated in some areas, I'd say for the most part he's easy to use and fun to play! :grin:

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace

Welcome! As you could probably guess, this place consists primarily of Fire Emblem nerds. Also, this is your first forum? Welcome to forums! We talk about stuff here. Mostly Fire Emblem stuff.

As far as characters to play, I think Corrin's a great character, she's definitely interesting and unique. Some starting tips? Well, Corrin has a diverse moveset that is capable of doing a lot of different things. I'd recommend experimenting with them to see what they all do.

One thing that you might not get just by messing around is how to do what's called an "instant pin," which is absolutely one of Corrin's best moves, so I'll go over that. On the ground, her side special has two parts. When you first press side B, Corrin does this little hop in the air; if you hit B again or A, she'll transform her arm into a lance thing and strike diagonally down. If her attack hits the ground, Corrin can choose to kick forward or backward. If it pierces the enemy, they'll be pinned for the kick. You want the tip of the attack to hit the ground, so you can kick forward or away, which moves you to greater safety--if the tip doesn't lodge in the ground, Corrin's pretty vulnerable as she falls slowly to the ground.

An instant pin is where Corrin does the little hop and strikes immediately as she's rising. The best way to do this is just to do a quick sliding motion with your thumb across the B to A buttons. If you do it right, this attack comes out super quick, and it'll lodge in the ground, and you can do the kick. If Corrin strikes the air, it was done too slow.

As for some general gameplay advice with Corrin, Corrin has some bad mobility, so she doesn't necessarily want to charge right in. Rather, she can control a large area around her with the reach of her attacks, and she has some really great aerial attacks that string together very well. She can combo her attacks pretty easily, which is a lot of fun.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm so hyped for Echos now. Gaiden is finally coming to the west, and it's doing so in an absolutely spectacular fashion. And goshdangit, the new artwork of Alm and Celica just looks so good. I'll have to get those amiibo just because I love their redesigns that much.

I think "Echos" might become a subseries of remakes. It matches the name, and it makes sense that they'd start with Gaiden if that's there plan because its the oldest game without a remake, and it never came out in the west either.
1. Sacred Stones
2. I have a love/hate relationship with Conquest, so I'll just say Sacred Stones.
3. Knoll
4. Lute
5. Hector, I guess.
6. Lyon
7. Hector again, I guess.
8. Rath
9. Lute
10. Haar (Dragons are cool)
11. Myrrh (Her dragon form is really cool)
12. Keaton
13. Runeswords (Nosferatu for sword fighters)
14. Revelations (The gameplay was clearly unpolished and rushed).
15. Camilla (Shes so poorly written at times)
16. Corrin (Cool in Smash, though)
17. Revenants. They don't really add any depth to the games they're in.
18. Sacred Stones
19. Sacred Stones - They're each introduced so well, so everyone of them is memorable even if you don't use them.
20. Conquest (Stupidly difficult, yet rarely unfair)
21. Hard / Lunatic
22. Black Knight
23. That there's no waifu pandering.
24. I SAID NO WAIFU PANDERING

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion

I had no idea Awakening or Fates was so many so you guys' first FE game

1) Path of Radiance
2) probably Awakening
3) Black Knight
4) Nah
5) Robin
6) Grima
7) Ike
8) Shinon/Takumi
9) Odin Dark
10) idk
11) Nah
12) Nah
13) Raijinto
14) idk
15) probably a multi-way tie between all the characters that never really ever grabbed my attention like Largo or Stahl
16) Sothe
17) idk
18) idk
19) Radiant Dawn/Awakening
20) Radiant Dawn/Awakening (I like being broken OP garbage ok =[ )
21) Typically Normal (and Classic mode in the more recent games) cuz I am a scrub, but have done a few Hard mode runs and then there's my Lunatic Awakening run
22) Nah
23) for it to be ****ing great
24) I don't do this really

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just realized.....there's still no sign of the Festival of Bonds DLC. Yesterday was the perfect time to announce it. Are we even getting that DLC at this point?

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I just realized.....there's still no sign of the Festival of Bonds DLC. Yesterday was the perfect time to announce it. Are we even getting that DLC at this point?
Maybe they'll announce it in the next direct alongside the Corrin amiibo's release date, and support for the Roy amiibo. Maybe we'll even get Fates support for the Alm and Celica amiibo...

I suppose one can only dream at this point... :sadeyes:

D

Deleted member

9) Odin Dark
I can't believe I forgot about the mighty hero known as Odin Dark! I must change my answer before my aching blood continues to ache!

Honestly, I don't think so. It's a shame too because that DLC would have given us infinite Hero's Brands and Exalt's Brands... the Before Awakening DLC map only gave us both brands, but we could get them once per file.

Astellius

Smash Ace
At this point, I'm assuming not. It's been a really long time with no word whatsoever about it, so the signs all point to "no."

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If they were to release that Festival of Bonds DLC for Fates here, they would've done it a long time ago, shortly after the last chapter of the Heirs of Fate DLC came out. It's long overdue for that now with no mention of it...so I guess it will remain a Japan-exclusive DLC at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom