• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

Anyone try out Selena as a Bow Knight on Conquest? My team is in very desperate need of another bow user (Merchant Midori is my only one at the moment), and I'm struggling to decide who to use. I mean, Nina and Niles are always options, but I don't really like them, and Nina has no good mom options left. As for Anna, she can't use anything that's not magic based as her strength stat got mega screwed (only 13 at level 4 promoted ; - ; ). Mozu is a pretty good option, but I struggle with the idea of taking her out of the amazing class that is Dread Fighter.

Oh, and should I invest any grinding into Xander and Charlotte to make a good Siegebert? Because as far as Cavaliers go, I'm already using two of 'em (Xander and Silas), so I don't really see the point in putting in the effort for Seigebert at this point. The same goes for Peri!Sophie, Nyx!Forrest and Selena!Dwyer; they all seem kinda redundant to invest in when I already have 1st Gen units doing what they would do.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Anyone try out Selena as a Bow Knight on Conquest? My team is in very desperate need of another bow user (Merchant Midori is my only one at the moment), and I'm struggling to decide who to use. I mean, Nina and Niles are always options, but I don't really like them, and Nina has no good mom options left. As for Anna, she can't use anything that's not magic based as her strength stat got mega screwed (only 13 at level 4 promoted ; - ; ). Mozu is a pretty good option, but I struggle with the idea of taking her out of the amazing class that is Dread Fighter.

Oh, and should I invest any grinding into Xander and Charlotte to make a good Siegebert? Because as far as Cavaliers go, I'm already using two of 'em (Xander and Silas), so I don't really see the point in putting in the effort for Seigebert at this point. The same goes for Peri!Sophie, Nyx!Forrest and Selena!Dwyer; they all seem kinda redundant to invest in when I already have 1st Gen units doing what they would do.

Thoughts?
I mean, bow knight is her INTENDED promotion....
But yeah, I would go for it if you really need another good bow user, you do need to bring up her bow rank though, since she'll be stuck in E-rank hell with bows for a while. Midori is a pretty solid unit and will have much more strength than Niles.

D

Deleted member

But yeah, I would go for it if you really need another good bow user, you do need to bring up her bow rank though, since she'll be stuck in E-rank hell with bows for a while. Midori is a pretty solid unit and will have much more strength than Niles.
Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and make her a bow knight after I have her pick up some of the skills from Great Lord. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: As for the Hero class, I think I'm gonna have Arthur take over that position. He's awesome when paired up with Effie, and he triggers Sol quite a lot. He also has some of the best lines in the game. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Thoughts?
I'd consider pairing Xander with Charlotte anyway. Charlotte makes a fantastic pair-up bot for Xander, giving him a +5 Strength and +3 Speed boost if she's a Berserker, allowing Xander to have an even better chance of OHKOing enemies as well as make his speed more duable. Meanwhile, Xander provides a bit more bulk to Charlotte in addition to boosting her Strength and movement.

As for Siegbert, he's definitely the best out of the four child mounted units you listed, so he's the one I'd consider going for. Siegbert will hit like a truck thanks to his mother's stat mods in addition to still retaining some decent bulk, perhaps making him close to his father. in terms of overall usefulness.

As a side note, Nyx!Forrest will be a magic-based unit, and while he may be a mounted unit, he is one of the few magic units you'll have access to in Conquest. He won't be super fast thanks to Nyx's mods, but he will become a magic nuke in terms of Magic damage. You can try to grind up Leo and Nyx if you want since Nyx is an overall neat mother for Forrest, but Revelation will give you a better mother option for Forrest (Sakura), so I'd still prioritize Siegbert.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh, and should I invest any grinding into Xander and Charlotte to make a good Siegebert?
I'd consider pairing Xander with Charlotte anyway. Charlotte makes a fantastic pair-up bot for Xander, giving him a +5 Strength and +3 Speed boost if she's a Berserker, allowing Xander to have an even better chance of OHKOing enemies as well as make his speed more duable. Meanwhile, Xander provides a bit more bulk to Charlotte in addition to boosting her Strength and movement.
Am i the only one who didn't pair up Xander with Charolette?

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I didn't. I went Xander + Effie. One of like 2 pairs I actually got in conquest.

Revelation's grinding is so good for shipping...

on another note, I've started a BR Lunatic run with no Ryoma. I'm at chapter 7 and Azura's a level 18 Sky Knight who's capped her speed. Success?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I married Xander with Hinoka and Charlotte with Keaton in my Revelation playthrough. I married Xander with Charlotte in Conquest because of how popular the pairing was and wanted to experience it for myself, not to mention I also really like their support conversations together.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
After fighting in two different wars across two worlds, it would seem that our good friend Owain/Odin has decided to pursue his true passion in life....

becoming a Pokemon Master!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
After fighting in two different wars across two worlds, it would seem that our good friend Owain/Odin has decided to pursue his true passion in life....

becoming a Pokemon Master!
Is there a way to change teams? Because i seriously want to join Team Instinct now.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
@Mr. Wario Shura is another option for a bow user..... unless you gave him the axe

Why would Bow Knight be Severa's intended promotion?

I didn't. But that's because I didn't pair him with anyone.

I don't do a lot of shipping. Very sacrilege, I know

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Why would Bow Knight be Severa's intended promotion?
Because if she promotes to Hero, she wears blue (which is the generic color palette for Heros) and if she promotes to bow knight, she wears red, which is her unique color palette. It looks a bit like this;
B O W K N I G H T.jpg

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I made a thing in Photoshop this past winter semester in school.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Is there a way to change teams? Because i seriously want to join Team Instinct now.
As of right now, no there is not a way to change what team you are on. And they haven't said anything about adding such a feature, so unless there's a large demand for it from fans I don't foresee it becoming a thing anytime soon.

Astellius

Smash Ace
@Mr. WarioWhy would Bow Knight be Severa's intended promotion?
Special palette for when she's a bow knight, and she's a bow knight in the DLC battles. That said, why they chose that for her, I have no idea, it doesn't make much sense. Of course, I've always made her a hero, she's always been great at it. It really seems like it's the class she SHOULD be with her character. Tsunderes are true heroes!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i have an unpopular Fire Emblem opinion that i want to share. Would anyone like to hear it?

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
So i have an unpopular Fire Emblem opinion that i want to share. Would anyone like to hear it?
ya can say whatever ya want here, you don't have to ask...
but I'm all for unpopular opinions, I watch trailerdrake all the time

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Jugdral games (Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776) are usually treated as THE best games in the FE series (with Genealogy being treated as perfection). But, in my opinion, these games aren't all that great. Now, before i say what i don't like about the games, i'll start with what i do like, starting with Genealogy of the Holy War.
Genealogy of the Holy War has some great music, great characters, great map design and a good story. I liked the concept of having a home base on the map and trying to conquer the enemy's home base. That was all great. The size of the maps, while boring to cross, were also a unique experience (The large desert in Ch.7 was horrible though). I liked that you could repair weapons and losing in the arena didn't mean death.
But i had several problems with the game
First, the way trading was handled. In literally every other Fire Emblem game, you traded weapons by putting two of your units next to each other and selecting "trade". That's not the case in Genealogy. In Genealogy, you have to go to your castle (or any castle you've conquered), go to the Pawn Shop, sell the weapon you want to trade, then have the receiving unit visit the Pawn Shop and buy the weapon you just sold. Why? What was wrong with the original trading system. The way FE4 handles it is just long and unnecessary.
My second problem is that its nearly impossible to save the villages. Bandits spawn right next to or on the village. Yes, they take time to destroy but by the time you get there, it'll be too late. The only way i've ever been able to save those villages is by using an infinite turn cheat code.
My third problem is the redundant classes. You've got some cool classes like Axe Knight and Swordmaster, but then you've got ones like Lance Knight, which is just a Lance-locked Cavalier. I know why they did this though. They needed to justify having static weapon levels.
Problem 4 is the way marriages are handled. In terms of child characters, FE4 does it better than Awakening and Fates. In terms of how the characters actually get married, Awakening and Fates do it better. In Awakening and Fates, you see the characters interact and there's as sense of progression. In Genealogy, you won't know if two characters got married unless you check their status screen. For a game that introduced the marriage system in Fire Emblem, there sure is a lack of character interaction. The most you'll get regarding couples is that conversation that they have at the final chapter of each generation. There are other conversations too but those are very specific and are chapter dependent.
Problem 5 is that Great Shield activates too much.
Problem 6 is that enemy's can switch weapons during the player phase. Unless your fighting an enemy with one weapon, your always gonna take damage.
Problem 7 is that the minimum promotion level is lv.20. This is a personal thing though, because, due to my impatient personality, i always promote units ASAP. But i can't do that in Genealogy. Also, an odd thing is that levels don't reset upon promotion in Genealogy.
Problem 8 is that Corple is the worst unit in the series. As someone who loves training Est-types, seeing as how they end up being some of the best units in any FE game. But for Corple, being an Est-type is more of a curse than a blessing. Who thought it was a good idea to have a Staff-locked Est-type join two chapters before endgame in a game where the minimum promotion level is 20?
Problem 9 (and the most unpopular FE4 opinion of all) is that i find Sigurd to be incredibly boring, to the point where a block of wood is more interesting. The guy has no weaknesses, both personality wise and gameplay wise, making him an extremely unrealistic character. Like, if he had at least had a weakness gameplay wise, such as low growth rates, then i'd like him more. But he's just too perfect and i don't like him because of that.
Overall, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War is still a good game, but i don't find it to be as good as people say.
Then there's Thracia 776
Absolutely nothing. Well, the only good thing is that they fixed trading.
And now for the things i didn't like
The early game sucks because units have trouble killing anything that isn't in the Soldier class.
You start out with zero gold for some reason. You have to capture units to sell their weapons to get gold. But that is also risky since capturing is the same as rescuing, meaning you'll get stat debuffs.
But the worst part about the game is the Fatigue system. If the Fatigue meter goes higher than the unit's max HP, you can't use that unit in the next chapter. That just makes the game incredibly stressful because you have to deal with that and perma-death at the same time. Fatigue punishes you for playing the game. Actually, why is fatigue in a Fire Emblem game to being with? There shouldn't be fatigue in a Fire Emblem game (or any Tactical RPG in general). I actually stopped playing Thracia before finishing it because i wasn't having fun. Every other Fire Emblem game i've played, i've had fun from the moment i start the game. But not with Thracia.
Anyways, those are my thoughts.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What are the best Fire Emblem games in your opinion?
Top 5
#5. Tie between Gaiden and Sacred Stones
#4. Mystery of the Emblem
#3. Binding Blade
#2. Fates
#1. Blazing Sword

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Armagon, I never played those games but the things that you dislike are realy true(when i read this things long ago i said, why this trade sistem??) And decided to play blazing sword first. In my opnion your opnion is good.

By the way my top 5 are
5The sequel of shadow dragon (the one that have katarina and the 9th platoon)
4Blazing sword
3Fates
2PoR
1. Awakening(the game that made me like FE)

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
What are the best Fire Emblem games in your opinion?
5. Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
4. Genealogy of the Holy war
3. Fates
2. Sacred Stones
1. Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword/7/ the one that doesn't have a subtitle for some reason

I really want to play the Tellius games, but I can't afford to buy them and my computer isn't good enough to emulate them

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
It's hard for me to rank them specifically, so I won't. I played all the ones that came out stateside, plus Binding Blade. So FE6 and beyond, minus New Mystery. They're all really good, but I'd say Shadow Dragon is at the bottom, probably followed by Sacred Stones. Tellius arc probably at the top, or maybe Fates. I've definitely spent the most time playing Fates.

I've been planning on playing New Mystery or Genealogy sometime here, whenever I get around to either. I haven't any plans to play Thracia 776, because of the fatigue mechanic. I've heard too much about that stupid mechanic to make me want to go play that one. Besides, there are plenty of other games to play, or other activities to engage myself with, such as banging my head against a wall.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't have my own top 5 favorite Fire Emblem games because Awakening and Fates are the only ones in the series I've played and completed so far. Well I do have Blazing Sword (or Fire Emblem 7) and The Sacred Stones downloaded from the Wii U eShop but I haven't put much time into those these days.

I'm hoping I'll be able to get Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn one of these days if I can find them.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword/7/ the one that doesn't have a subtitle for some reason
Because it was the first game released worldwide. To the rest of the world, it was the first Fire Emblem game.
I really want to play the Tellius games, but I can't afford to buy them and my computer isn't good enough to emulate them
Same here. I'm hoping they do a Fire Emblem: Tellius Saga for the NX that has both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in one disk (or if the rumors are anything to go by, cartridge).

alguidrag

Smash Ace
5. Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
4. Genealogy of the Holy war
3. Fates
2. Sacred Stones
1. Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword/7/ the one that doesn't have a subtitle for some reason

I barely managed to finish PoR in the emulator, i put everything possible in minimun so he could go in almost half of the Fps that should be (but i finish the game and i'm happy)

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I need help again. I'm in Europe. If i purchased a download code for Revelations from the online gamestop store, will it work for a european version of Fates?

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm glad to have both games in the Tellius arc. I might end up selling them sometime though, as they sell for quite high!

I also randomly decided to watch the Fire Emblem anime. It actually was pretty good, although you kinda needed to play one of the Marth games to know what is going on, as it wouldn't be too good as a standalone. Too bad they didn't finish it. It's sort of odd that an obscure 2 episode OVA was the first Fire Emblem thing to debut stateside.

Oops, had a gif, looks like it didn't work, brb...

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to have both games in the Tellius arc. I might end up selling them sometime though, as they sell for quite high!

I also randomly decided to watch the Fire Emblem anime. It actually was pretty good, although you kinda needed to play one of the Marth games to know what is going on, as it wouldn't be too good as a standalone. Too bad they didn't finish it. It's sort of odd that an obscure 2 episode OVA was the first Fire Emblem thing to debut stateside.

Oops, had a gif, looks like it didn't work, brb...
There's anime about Fire Emblem? I think i remember that....did it have Marth in it?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We've got another birthday today! This time, it's to one of Ryoma's ninja retainers who is also an expert artist. Happy Birthday Kagero! Enjoy some special art featuring Kagero bonding with Popplio!

Source for both artworks

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, I need help again. I'm in Europe. If i purchased a download code for Revelations from the online gamestop store, will it work for a european version of Fates?
Are there any GameStops in Europe? If not, then that download code might not work.

Was there a reason why it was stopped after two episodes?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, speaking of Fire Emblem animes, i would love an anime based on Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi. That manga was great. For those who don't know what i'm talking about.

Its a Manga adaptation of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade.But its actually more of a retelling. Some of the things are the same as in the game, such as Roy, Zephiel, etc. But then you have three new main characters: Al (the blue haired kid), Gant (the red knight), and Tiana (the staff (and later sword) wielding princess. Remember those "special" weapons you could get in Biding Blade, those being Al's Sword, Gant's Lance, and Tiana's Staff? These are the characters named after them. There are also some new characters that don't appear in Binding Blade. If you want to give it a read, you can download it here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Are there any GameStops in Europe? If not, then that download code might not work.

Was there a reason why it was stopped after two episodes?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, speaking of Fire Emblem animes, i would love an anime based on Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi. That manga was great. For those who don't know what i'm talking about.

Its a Manga adaptation of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade.But its actually more of a retelling. Some of the things are the same as in the game, such as Roy, Zephiel, etc. But then you have three new main characters: Al (the blue haired kid), Gant (the red knight), and Tiana (the staff (and later sword) wielding princess. Remember those "special" weapons you could get in Biding Blade, those being Al's Sword, Gant's Lance, and Tiana's Staff? These are the characters named after them. There are also some new characters that don't appear in Binding Blade. If you want to give it a read, you can download it here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572
I'm in Italy. I live right next to one. I don't want to waste money. Also, will my data from 2DS transfer over to a New 3DS?

Top Bottom