• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Troykv

Smash Master
I know a lot of people complain about the RNG goddess screwing them on here, but, finally, I had the worst screwage I've ever seen. Now, to be fair, it wasn't on an FE game, but, rather, Jeanne d'Arc for the PSP.

Jeanne d'Arc is an SRPG. To give the scenario, the conditions for loss for this battle were if one of your characters falls in battle. Jeanne (and some other characters) have a skill (when transformed) called "Godspeed," which is basically just an unlimited Galeforce. If you kill an enemy, you can move again....

In any case, I set up a chain of 3 enemies for Jeanne to kill with Godspeed, and, at the start of the chain, Jeanne has a 99% chance of hitting (and killing) the enemy. Well, she then missed! IT WAS 99%!!#@%$~!%!%@

Okay, so that's ridiculous, but the battle was not lost yet. Someone had to die. First enemy goes to the low def/high evade character, 40% chance of hitting. They hit. Second enemy, same target, same chance, hits. Third enemy, same target, same chance, hits, they die, I lose. W.T.F. NO. UNACCEPTABLE.

And thus it was, the 100 Year War was lost due to extremely improbable circumstances...
That is a lot of bad luck.

Though playing through Revelations now I think I see what part of the problem is though: many units seem to join with exactly the same base stats, level, and equipment that they do in Birthright/Conquest, rather than being adjusted for when they join in Revelations. It's worked out fine for quite a few units so far, and some can never really be bad (Ryoma lol), but then you have ones like Rinkah who kinda suffer for it. Though having Boo Camp+Scouting/Challenges can fix that to some degree.

And then there's poor Gunter with his low bases and *** growths :c
So... Revelations is "Grind, the FE Game"

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
oh **** I didn't even notice that before lol

I thought the (only) difference was how the text boxes were slightly different colors

Astro986 Astro986 that's just what I heard a lot is all.

Though playing through Revelations now I think I see what part of the problem is though: many units seem to join with exactly the same base stats, level, and equipment that they do in Birthright/Conquest, rather than being adjusted for when they join in Revelations. It's worked out fine for quite a few units so far, and some can never really be bad (Ryoma lol), but then you have ones like Rinkah who kinda suffer for it. Though having Boo Camp+Scouting/Challenges can fix that to some degree.

And then there's poor Gunter with his low bases and *** growths :c
Oh. I don't want Boo Camp. I'll just use Scout. If it's available in Revelations. Question, is there unlimited Ganglari? I've heard it's a usable weapon but not until late in the game.

Nah

Smash Champion
nah that's more what Awakening is lol

Oh. I don't want Boo Camp. I'll just use Scout. If it's available in Revelations. Question, is there unlimited Ganglari? I've heard it's a usable weapon but not until late in the game.
Scouting's available in Revelations. As for Ganglari, idk, I'm only on Chapter 13 in Revelations.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh hey, we've reached the 200th page. We've come a long way, haven't we. Time to celebrate.

I know a lot of people complain about the RNG goddess screwing them on here, but, finally, I had the worst screwage I've ever seen. Now, to be fair, it wasn't on an FE game, but, rather, Jeanne d'Arc for the PSP.

Jeanne d'Arc is an SRPG. To give the scenario, the conditions for loss for this battle were if one of your characters falls in battle. Jeanne (and some other characters) have a skill (when transformed) called "Godspeed," which is basically just an unlimited Galeforce. If you kill an enemy, you can move again....

In any case, I set up a chain of 3 enemies for Jeanne to kill with Godspeed, and, at the start of the chain, Jeanne has a 99% chance of hitting (and killing) the enemy. Well, she then missed! IT WAS 99%!!#@%$~!%!%@

Okay, so that's ridiculous, but the battle was not lost yet. Someone had to die. First enemy goes to the low def/high evade character, 40% chance of hitting. They hit. Second enemy, same target, same chance, hits. Third enemy, same target, same chance, hits, they die, I lose. W.T.F. NO. UNACCEPTABLE.

And thus it was, the 100 Year War was lost due to extremely improbable circumstances...
All of the sudden, my terrible FE RNG experience doesn't seem as bad now.

And then there's poor Gunter with his low bases and *** growths
Yeah, the unit balance was bad. But, unless your playing Lunatic, its not that bad. Of course, Binding Blade tends to have a bad unit balance as well (so many Est-types....its worth training them though) so when Revelation's unit balance came in, it didn't feel that bad, probably because i've played Binding Blade multiple times (its among my top five favorite FE games)

Hey, at least its not Thracia 776. Because good luck trying to get kills in a game where you can't grind. Seriously, everyone except Eyvel sucks early game. Even Leif. People are like "Oh, Roy is the worst Lord", at least Roy can get easy kills with the Rapier. Leif doesn't have that. All he has is an Iron Sword and a Light Brand, both of which suck. And the worst part is that there's a stupid fatigue meter for every character except Leif and that meter will fill up (for those who don't know, if the fatigue meter reaches the same number as the unit's max HP, you can't use that unit in the next chapter) quickly because your trying to level up your units that can't kill without Eyvel assisting them. But once Eyvel's fatigue fills up, and that only takes like, 4 chapters, good luck. Tharcia was a mistake. Worst game in the series.

Question, is there unlimited Ganglari? I've heard it's a usable weapon but not until late in the game.
You get it in any path by getting a certain amount of battle points. Although the Ganglari is not that great since it drains your HP after every use.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey, we've reached the 200th page. We've come a long way, haven't we. Time to celebrate.

All of the sudden, my terrible FE RNG experience doesn't seem as bad now.

Yeah, the unit balance was bad. But, unless your playing Lunatic, its not that bad. Of course, Binding Blade tends to have a bad unit balance as well (so many Est-types....its worth training them though) so when Revelation's unit balance came in, it didn't feel that bad, probably because i've played Binding Blade multiple times (its among my top five favorite FE games)

Hey, at least its not Thracia 776. Because good luck trying to get kills in a game where you can't grind. Seriously, everyone except Eyvel sucks early game. Even Leif. People are like "Oh, Roy is the worst Lord", at least Roy can get easy kills with the Rapier. Leif doesn't have that. All he has is an Iron Sword and a Light Brand, both of which suck. And the worst part is that there's a stupid fatigue meter for every character except Leif and that meter will fill up (for those who don't know, if the fatigue meter reaches the same number as the unit's max HP, you can't use that unit in the next chapter) quickly because your trying to level up your units that can't kill without Eyvel assisting them. But once Eyvel's fatigue fills up, and that only takes like, 4 chapters, good luck. Tharcia was a mistake. Worst game in the series.

You get it in any path by getting a certain amount of battle points. Although the Ganglari is not that great since it drains your HP after every use.
Thanks. Do you have any tips on Revelations?

Dovahchief

Smash Rookie
Revelation unit balance is terrible on every difficulty without grinding. There are quite a few people who still play FE with no grinding because that's how it was in the old games. Just to clarify, I have no people with people that grind, I just like playing like that. But back to Revelation. The unit balance is just garbage. Hana joins two chapters later against stronger enemies? lol better give her -2 str. It just keeps getting worse and worse until you get to the pinnalce that is Ch17, where 4 ****ty units join literally one turn after two of the best units in the game, Xander and Leo. Niles, Laslow, Peri, and Odin are basically unusable without grinding. Also Nyx joins with the EXACT same base stats as she did in Conquest when she joined like 8 chapters earlier. With a worse tome. Even Ryoma isn't safe. The Generals in the chapter he joins in kill him in 2 hits with 60ish hit rates. Revelation was a pretty rushed game imo. Also, Gunter is not bad. He's a terrible combat unit, but is one of the best pair up partners for Corrin because of his pair up bonuses and his personal skill. That alone makes him better than like half the units on Rev.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The only thing worse than the unit balance, imo, is map design. Lots of map require a lot of tracking around, which does nothing but waste your time. Worst of all, however, is the map with the red doors and blue doors. It's a guessing game, and if you pick the wrong door, you're pretty much screwed. Heck, I picked the correct door for the last one, and I STILL got screwed because of all the bow/shuriken wielders hidden on the other side and the wall being only 1-tile long. Combine that with the needlessly large, empty map, and it was the worst FE map I've ever played.
Also, Gunter is not bad. He's a terrible combat unit, but is one of the best pair up partners for Corrin because of his pair up bonuses and his personal skill. That alone makes him better than like half the units on Rev.
For some dumb reason, he's not able to support in Revelations, not even with Corrin.
So no, he is not one of the best pair up partners for Corrin. That's limited to Conquest.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The game tells you which doors to pick though.
No it doesn't. The game actively tries to trick you by telling you the truth for the first three times, and then lying to you the third time.

Because Ryoma told Corrin to never stop believing in people, I figured the correct choice would be to do as Mikoto tells you every time. Besides, if she told me the truth the first three times, why shouldn't I believe her the fourth time?

It's not very funny when you lose a character in classic mode to some dumb guessing game, and it's especially not funny when you lose more than one.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I never realized Zelda had such a good singing voice
Its amazing how perfect it sounds. Like, it just fits so perfectly. Wow. Nintendo, Zelda x Fire Emblem cross-over now.

The game actively tries to trick you by telling you the truth for the first three times, and then lying to you the third time.
But it was obvious the third time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But it was obvious the third time.
Well, maybe it was obvious to you.
But the game tried to trick the player into walking into a trap, and it wasn't cool. I wasn't sure if it was a trap or not, so I just thought back to when Ryoma told Corrin to stop trusting people and figured that was the safer option.

Unless that there was some sort of cue that I missed?.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, maybe it was obvious to you.
But the game tried to trick the player into walking into a trap, and it wasn't cool. I wasn't sure if it was a trap or not, so I just thought back to when Ryoma told Corrin to stop trusting people and figured that was the safer option.

Unless that there was some sort of cue that I missed?.
Its not even that, its just that it felt too obvious. Think about it. Mikoto says "go through the blue doors". The red doors hurt you. If that's true twice, why wouldn't it be the third time? Tbh, the doors weren't even that bad. Trying to do the stealth mission in that chapter was much, much worse.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If that's true twice, why wouldn't it be the third time?
The problem is that that logic can go either way - if she tells the truth twice, how are you supposed to know that she's lying the third time?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The problem is that that logic can go either way - if she tells the truth twice, how are you supposed to know that she's lying the third time?
Fair enough. I suppose my logic wasn't exactly the best. But still, it just felt obvious that she was trying to trick you.

Troykv

Smash Master
Eh... You must be seriously have a problem playing the Early game. There are something are you forgetting:

- Dadgar it's an amazing Early and Mid-game unit too.
- Fin it's really good, specially with his lucky brave lance
- Othin has access to a really heavy combo in the early game if you give him a Prf Weapon that belongs only to him: The Pugi, a precise Axe (80% hit rate) with a decent power (10) Ranged (1-2) and with heavy critical hit chance (30) ... The best part is that this Axe basically guarantees a critical hit in the Orsin's Follow-Up, make him a really lethal machine (and if you ask about where you find it... It appears in the Southern Village in the Chapter 1 if you visit it with Orsin).

Oh, and the critical hits are FE4-like... They pierce Defense.

I would ask more things about your opinion but I need to talk about it with a friend that knowns this game better than me xDU

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, considering the situation i would chose blue door everysingle time, because that was the thing that convince me to trust not a "oh i said that blue doors are all good but this time red are good" its not a gueesing game

Astellius

Smash Ace
Fair enough. I suppose my logic wasn't exactly the best. But still, it just felt obvious that she was trying to trick you.
I agree that it felt obvious she was trying to trick you. But I still went for her door....

There was also that one ice map, that was a terrible idea. It was just really tedious. It also made no sense from a theoretical standpoint. I mean, all the enemies would just die if they were encased in ice. But whatever haha.

All the same, I did like Revelations, taking it for what it is--basically, it's the fanservice path, giving you access to all of the characters and allowing you to pair up pretty much everyone from Hoshido and Nohr. It also allows for a decent resolution to everything. It's a nice piece of extra content, but not anywhere as good as Conquest or Birthright.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I just got done with another Fire Emblem 7 playthrough, and I have just used the worst cavalier in the series.
All I'm going to say is that he has 30% growth rate in Strength, Speed and Skill, and a 50% growth rate in Luck and 40% in defense, and a 90% growth in HP. So his best stats are Hp and Luck... greeeaat. These were his stats as a level one paladin
Lowen at level 1 paladin.JPG

These are my other level 1 paladin's stats in the same playthrough:
Sain as a level 1 paladin.JPG Kent as a level 1 paladin.JPG
Kent kinda got screwed over in strength but that speed is amazing

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh hey, guess who's Birthday it is

I'm officially 16 years old. I'm going to describe how i feel right now in four words

Oh and i've also changed my profile pic.
For my Birthday, i'm planning on meeting up with some friends at the mall. We're gonna be there a bit, trying to be the very best like no one ever was.

D

Deleted member

I'm officially 16 years old. I'm going to describe how i feel right now in four words

For my Birthday, i'm planning on meeting up with some friends at the mall. We're gonna be there a bit, trying to be the very best like no one ever was.
Happy birthday! Enjoy yourself!

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860

Gods, it's been so long since I've watched Fairy Tail! I think I stopped watching at around episode 200-ish, I've heard it's still going. Happy Birthday!
ASG2 HYPE!

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Happy birthday Armagon! Have something I found:

52944375_p3_master1200.jpg

(X)

If you haven't already seen the supports for these two, they're hilarious.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Happy birthday! Enjoy yourself!
Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday Armagon!
Thank you!

Gods, it's been so long since I've watched Fairy Tail! I think I stopped watching at around episode 200-ish, I've heard it's still going.
Well, the manga is still going but the anime is on hiatus until 2017 because the anime was getting to close to where the manga was. So now's the perfect time to catch up on the anime.

ASG2 HYPE!
Yes! Because Fates is already out, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 has become my most wanted game of 2016. I can't wait to play as Copen. Also, have you heard the main theme of ASG2, Indigo Destiny? If not, here it is
Yes, its the actual full song.

Have something I found:

(X)

If you haven't already seen the supports for these two, they're hilarious.
Yeah, i've seen the supports. It was adorable seeing Azura's weakness for cute things.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Yes! Because Fates is already out, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 has become my most wanted game of 2016. I can't wait to play as Copen. Also, have you heard the main theme of ASG2, Indigo Destiny? If not, here it is
oh
my
god
First let me go over the Lumen songs from the 1st game:
Mega Sakuragawa is an amazing singer, though I was never a huge of the music that played along with the vocals. I'm not the biggest fan of electronic music, but I could stand it, and I still enjoyed the songs.

now onto Indigo Destiny
HOLY **** THIS BLOWS EVERY SINGLE SONG FROM THE 1ST GAME OUT OF THE WATER
I was immediately surprised by the instrument choices and I love how it blends in with the electronic music. I ****ing lost it at the piano solo too!
The level design and the boss showed off already look really promising too, though I'm going to be avoiding more gameplay footage to avoid spoilers. That just multiplied my hype for this game, September can't come sooner.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

"Happy Birthday, Armagon! I wish you all the happiness this world has to offer."

Nah

Smash Champion
Happy birthday Armagon Armagon

EDIT: You know how Skyward posted that typo he found in Fates? I found another one just now while playing Revelations:

ayy lmao

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Discussion time!

What is your favorite music track from Fire Emblem Fates? You can either post a link to the track or put the video of it in a spoiler tag (the latter might not be necessary if someone already posted a video of it a few posts prior). I'll start!

Mine would have to be Alight (Storm).

It sounds absolutely awesome because it has this adventurous yet victorious tone to it that is perfectly fitting when you are nearing the end of your adventure. The two chapters that I especially enjoyed hearing it were Birthright Chapters 23 + 24 and Revelation Chapter 16 (the latter fit perfectly with the song thanks to the fiery walls gimmick to heighten the atmosphere).

Though I have another I really enjoy just as much as Alight: Thorn in Your (Roar)!

The perfect mix of sorrowful and epic! My favorite part is from 0:46 to 1:39. I always get music chills around that point. It's the perfect music piece to play during the moment of a tragic battle.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Good news everyone! A Figma for Female Corrin has just been announced!

Discussion time!

What is your favorite music track from Fire Emblem Fates? You can either post a link to the track or put the video of it in a spoiler tag (the latter might not be necessary if someone already posted a video of it a few posts prior). I'll start!

It sounds absolutely awesome because it has this adventurous yet victorious tone to it that is perfectly fitting when you are nearing the end of your adventure. The two chapters that I especially enjoyed hearing it were Birthright Chapters 23 + 24 and Revelation Chapter 16 (the latter fit perfectly with the song thanks to the fiery walls gimmick to heighten the atmosphere).

Though I have another I really enjoy just as much as Alight: Thorn in Your (Roar)!

The perfect mix of sorrowful and epic! My favorite part is from 0:46 to 1:39. I always get music chills around that point. It's the perfect music piece to play during the moment of a tragic battle.
This song right here is mine.

D

Deleted member

This song right here is mine.

Female Corrin is getting a figma? That's pretty awesome!
Though, if there is a Takumi figma, I think I would buy that.

My answer is a bit generic, but I'll have to say Lost in Thoughts All Alone. The song is incredibly calming to listen to and the lyrics have multiple meanings; one line could be interpreted towards Corrin or about Garon for example.
Aside from that, I also love Alight, Dusk Falls, Far Dawn, Past Light, A Dark Fall, Condemnation, Past Below, Desire Below, and Road Taken. I also enjoy every version of End of All, Lost in the Waves, and Path of the Hero King.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
What is your favorite music track from Fire Emblem Fates? You can either post a link to the track or put the video of it in a spoiler tag (the latter might not be necessary if someone already posted a video of it a few posts prior)
Mine would have to be Justice RIP (I prefer the calm version)
This song is the only thing redeemable about conquest chapters 17-20 and I immediately fell in love with it the first time I heard it. Though it plays more often in Birthright, I always associated this song with conquest, it really fits the mood for the chapters where you enter Hoshidan Territory. That and I found birthright to be extremely boring and forgettable :tired:.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
A bunch of figures have been announced!

tumblr_oasnxoM9IO1uyb2blo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oasnxoM9IO1uyb2blo2_1280.jpg

CoGJY9mVYAEcuUl.jpg

Troykv

Smash Master
I get Female Corrin be popular mostly for her design... But DAMN! That is insane O.O

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, i'm finally back from the mall (i was actually there until 5 but then other stuff happened). So first off, my friend gets me Code Name S.T.E.A.M for my Birthday. Its actually pretty fun. My other friend gives me 20 dollars, adding my total spending money to 60. 20 of that moey goes torwards an Eshop card (which i used to buy two JRPGs called Infinite Dunamis and Journey to Kreisia), the other 20 goes into a pre-order for Pokemon Moon. After that, i spend the rest to buy food. But i also bought one of those Pop Vinyl figures

I'm a big Fairy Tail fan, i couldn't resist.
Then i get home to my dad's place (i'm staying there until a few days before school starts) and he gives me 80 dollars. Because of that, tomorow, i'm gonna walk over to the store, buy two $20 Eshop cards, and use them to download Kirby: Planet Robobot. I have not played a Kirby game since Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot looks amazing and cute.

"Happy Birthday, Armagon! I wish you all the happiness this world has to offer."

She also says this

Discussion time!

So mine has to be a tie between
and

Well, this is gonna sell out quick

A bunch of figures have been announced!

Elise looks adorable. Day one buy (actually not really because that's gonna sell out as soon as it comes out).F!Corrin and Camilla look pretty good too

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Excuse me, I'm new here in this thread. I'm kinda curious about this?
You can talk about anything FE Fates-related in this thread. The opening post in the thread sets up the gist, but you're free to hang around talk about what you want.

And on the topic of music tracks:
Just to note, this is actual ingame music, not one of the remixes or mememixes that I've posted before

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Then i get home to my dad's place (i'm staying there until a few days before school starts) and he gives me 80 dollars. Because of that, tomorow, i'm gonna walk over to the store, buy two $20 Eshop cards, and use them to download Kirby: Planet Robobot. I have not played a Kirby game since Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot looks amazing and cute.
I've beaten Planet Robobot 100% a few weeks back, and I can honestly say it's perhaps my favorite Kirby game at the moment. The Robobot feature is a lot of fun, much better than the hyper ability gimmick from Return to Dreamland IMO. There are also lots of clever puzzles and pretty great level design.

She also says this
I didn't know characters have a special birthday message if you're married to a specific character, but that's pretty sweet.

Top Bottom