• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Revelation's difficulty is a mix between Birthright and Conquest. You have to put up with a horrible unit balance but once you clear the first few chapters, you should be fine.
Hey sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the tip

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone gonna watch E3, or atleast force themselves to try?

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Well today is a special day for me...
It's my birthday! :D

Happy early birthday!

I dunno. Depends on what's being presented...
I am hoping to see FF7 Remake.
Thanks man. And happy birthday to you to. I'm hoping for some New 3DS games. Like Xenoblade Chronicles was ported. Maybe Super Mario Sunshine?

D

Deleted member

Thanks man. And happy birthday to you to. I'm hoping for some New 3DS games. Like Xenoblade Chronicles was ported. Maybe Super Mario Sunshine?
You're welcome and thank you!

I wouldn't mind Super Mario Sunshine 3D, though I hope they add in new features... like Luigi being playable.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So my current thoughts on Heirs of Fate End: Lost in the Waves: Its not as hard as the previous 5 maps, surprisingly. I was actually doing fine. I was doing the strength in number strategy as its easier to defeat the enemy that way than to split up. I was doing fine up until turn 10. I had Hisame attack Hinata and i was sure Hisame would win. Then Triple Threat activated. Why are there so many counters in this game? You've got Counter, Magic Counter, Counter-curse, the shuriken counter one, and Triple Threat. I could've sworn Triple Threat activated after the combat, not during. Anyways, Hisame survived the Triple Threat......although it didn't really matter since Hinata killed Hisame with 35% hit-rate. Welp, time to restart the map again if i want to get Point Blank. Although i'll take a break from that.

Well we FINALLY get to see Zelda U/NX, so i'll definitely be watching that. I'll also like some news on Fire Emblem Mobile, Yooka-Laylee (yes, i know we got a trailer a few days ago), Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, which is supposed to come out this summer, and in a perfect world, Fire Emblem 1 through 6 and 12 will get an official translation and be released on the Eshop.

BTW this is unrelated to E3 but has anybody heard of the upcoming game, Vestaria Saga? Just how Mighty No.9 was inspired by Mega Man, Yooka-Laylee was inspired by Banjo-Kazooie, and Bloodborn (that's what it was called, right) was inspired by Castlevania, Vestaria Saga was inspired by Fire Emblem. Its being made by Shozu Kaga, the creator of Fire Emblem. And the best part: its free. He's making the game just for fun. The game is being split into two parts and the first part is expected to release in August/September 2016 in Japan (no news on international releases).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well the new Zelda game will finally be presented so I can't miss that one. I don't know what else to expect.
On the Sony side, I'm hoping for a new trailer for the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
E3? I will totally try to watch it, even if I'm not that hyped like the other years.

Anyway, I'm not that active this period because my exams are near and my free time is basically all spent on Fates (lol), at the moment I'm at chapter 18 of Revelation.
I finished Conquest 5 days ago and I have to say it: I liked the story.
Yes, I'm one of those ten people on the planet who liked Conquest story, and I even liked it more than Birthright story, that's because I think it's more diverse and enteraining than the classic FE story.

Well today is a special day for me...
It's my birthday! :D
:starman: Happy Birthday :starman:

D

Deleted member

:happysheep: :disco: HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :disco: :happysheep:
"Happy Birthday! Are you going to dress all fancy to celebrate?"

:starman: Happy Birthday :starman:
Thank you all!

I went to the Nintendo World Store and I got some nice things. I got some games (like the new Kirby game), amiibos, a Link action figure, and some clothing. This was one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

Oh, and Erureido, I did dress nicely for the big day! I actually went out to dinner after I went to the NWC.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I have been doing a gimmick run of Conquest called Bizarro Emblem. I have just completed Chapter 10.

Yeah, I slapped "i" on Kotor. It just works.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
BTW this is unrelated to E3 but has anybody heard of the upcoming game, Vestaria Saga? Just how Mighty No.9 was inspired by Mega Man, Yooka-Laylee was inspired by Banjo-Kazooie, and Bloodborn (that's what it was called, right) was inspired by Castlevania, Vestaria Saga was inspired by Fire Emblem. Its being made by Shozu Kaga, the creator of Fire Emblem. And the best part: its free. He's making the game just for fun. The game is being split into two parts and the first part is expected to release in August/September 2016 in Japan (no news on international releases).
Oh yeah, I've been keeping my eye out for that.
I don't think it will get an international release, since it's being made by a small team of volunteers on an RPG maker, but knowing the FE fanbase, we'll be getting a fan translation for sure once it's out.

I really like the character portraits, but not so much the battle sprites.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally beat all the children paralogues for my Revelation playthrough. I managed to beat Forrest's paralogue on the first try this time, but I barely managed to reach the Berserker before he would break in and attack Forrest. I even managed to capture Gazak! Kiragi's paralogue took three tries for once, the first time involving a Malig Knight killing Kiragi, the second try involving Laslow getting ganged up on.

Most of the other paralogues went pretty well. I managed to capture the boss in Ophelia's paralogue, while most of the Birthright paralogues were pretty easy for the most part. I didn't succeed in receiving the extra goodies from the chests in Nina's paralogue, but at least I got the Goddess Icon.

I saved the the royal brother paralogues for last. Shiro's was the very last one I did since he is one of my favorite children overall. Getting to him wasn't much of a challenge this time. All it took was for for Felicia to reach a small distance, use Rescue, and boom, Shiro was saved. I decided to capture the boss as well, mainly because it would make a satisfying ending to the children paralogues.

And with that, I'm finally going to return back to the main story with Chapter 21. Pretty much all of my units are in the level 10-11 range from all that paralogue grinding outside the royals, Niles, Oboro, Felicia, Nyx, and Subaki, so hopefully, these next few chapters shouldn't be too hard.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
36 hours later, Azura became the Champion of the Alola region

Edit: Here's one of the Pokemon she'll be using
I think Diantha already has Gardevoir covered.

That Pokemon Trainer art for Azura does look really good though. When I look at it, she gives me a Water-type gym leader vibe.

On that note, you should definitely check out this tumblr post. If you're an Azura fan and are up to date with the Sun and Moon news, you'll love this one. It's a little humorous too!

As for Sun and Moon news, Zygarde's forms are finally confirmed to be obtainable in Sun and Moon.

Really glad they aren't anime exclusive. My only worry now is the transformation gimmick. It sounds pretty similar to Darmanitan Zen, which is risky to use because of how it transforms after a huge HP loss, so I'm hoping that maybe Zygarde's Complete Forme regains max HP upon transformation, or maybe there will be an in-game item that will allow you to start a battle with the Complete Forme.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Really glad they aren't anime exclusive. My only worry now is the transformation gimmick. It sounds pretty similar to Darmanitan Zen, which is risky to use because of how it transforms after a huge HP loss, so I'm hoping that maybe Zygarde's Complete Forme regains max HP upon transformation, or maybe there will be an in-game item that will allow you to start a battle with the Complete Forme.
If you watch the original Taiwan championship video, it does go black for a bit after 10% Z transforms, but once he is shown again in the same battle, it looks like he has regained about 50% of his HP after transforming

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I think Diantha already has Gardevoir covered.
I know but i just mean Azura has a Shiny Gardevoir on her team. Both Wallace and Cynthia have Milotic. Azura's signature Pokemon would be Meloetta for obvious reasons.

Now we just need Ash-Greninja. I don't know why but i get the feeling that Zygarde 100% is about as broken as Mega Rayquayza which is why they're locking it behind an ability that activates at low HP. My bigger question is, how do we get Zygarde 10%? Item, perhaps? But 10% is said to be weaker than 50% Zygarde, at least that makes logical sense? I don't know, what are your thoughts?

On the subject of Sun&Moon, there's something a lot of people are wondering about the eventual Sun&Moon anime. You probably know what it is.
Will Serena travel with Ash to the Alola region? That's the big question in the anime right now. Forget Team Flare's plans, the origin of Ash-Greninja, and the Kalos League, no, this is what people want to know (i'm both joking and being serious). I'd say yes just because they've teased Amourshipping for so long now to the point of there being official art that confirms/implies that Amourshipping is/will be a thing (which i'll post in spoiler tags)
Its the only shipping to have actually done that. There's actually a whole page of Amourshipping moments, which i'll link to here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:AmourShipping
What do you think, should Serena travel to Alola with Ash? And she doesn't have to do it right away, it could be like how Brock joined Ash a little while after he started his Sinnoh journey.
BTW, there's an actual petition for Serena to go to Alola with Ash.

Edit:
On that note, you should definitely check out this tumblr post. If you're an Azura fan and are up to date with the Sun and Moon news, you'll love this one. It's a little humorous too!
Hoshido and Nohr symbols appearing on the legendaries? Similarities between Lillie and Azura? Someone get MatPat!

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I know but i just mean Azura has a Shiny Gardevoir on her team. Both Wallace and Cynthia have Milotic. Azura's signature Pokemon would be Meloetta for obvious reasons.

Now we just need Ash-Greninja. I don't know why but i get the feeling that Zygarde 100% is about as broken as Mega Rayquayza which is why they're locking it behind an ability that activates at low HP. My bigger question is, how do we get Zygarde 10%? Item, perhaps? But 10% is said to be weaker than 50% Zygarde, at least that makes logical sense? I don't know, what are your thoughts?

On the subject of Sun&Moon, there's something a lot of people are wondering about the eventual Sun&Moon anime. You probably know what it is.
Will Serena travel with Ash to the Alola region? That's the big question in the anime right now. Forget Team Flare's plans, the origin of Ash-Greninja, and the Kalos League, no, this is what people want to know (i'm both joking and being serious). I'd say yes just because they've teased Amourshipping for so long now to the point of there being official art that confirms/implies that Amourshipping is/will be a thing (which i'll post in spoiler tags)
Its the only shipping to have actually done that. There's actually a whole page of Amourshipping moments, which i'll link to here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:AmourShipping
What do you think, should Serena travel to Alola with Ash? And she doesn't have to do it right away, it could be like how Brock joined Ash a little while after he started his Sinnoh journey.

Edit:
Hoshido and Nohr symbols appearing on the legendaries? Similarities between Lillie and Azura? Someone get MatPat!
Hey how do online matches work in Fire Emblem Fates? And personally, I think Serena should stay with Ash for the rest of the series. I hated Misty with a passion.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey how do online matches work in Fire Emblem Fates?
First you have to make a team. You do this by going to the menu screen, and clicking on "extras". There should be something that says "online battle" i think. There you have options for team making and battling others and stuff. The matches work in a 5v5 format. The maps consist of your and the enemy's castle, and a few maps from the story.

Protip: only do PvP with a friend. If you don't, you'll likely end up fighting hacked units such as a Feral Dragon Kana.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If you watch the original Taiwan championship video, it does go black for a bit after 10% Z transforms, but once he is shown again in the same battle, it looks like he has regained about 50% of his HP after transforming
I rematched the footage and noticed that. That's at least good. I'm guessing it's going to have a ridiculously high base stat total to give it more durability (probably at Mega Raquaza's level or possibly even higher. I'm hoping for the latter. 800 base stat total would be pretty sweet).

Yeah, Meloetta is a pretty good ace Pokemon for Azura. Heck, she'd probably use Milotic as well. It seems like a fitting Pokemon for her.

A lot of people are theorizing that the way it transforms has to do with how much damage it receives. Perhaps this time around, Zygarde 10% would be the form you start with since it's probably going to be the weaker form (due to how it makes up just 10% of the cells instead of 50%). My guess is that it would have around 500 base stat total with a ridiculously high speed stat. When it's HP falls to around 50-25%, it would transform into the 50% form, the stronger form. If 10%'s HP falls to 25% or less, it transforms into the Complete Form.

Let's say if Zygarde 10% transformed into 50%. How could it transform into the Complete Form from there? Possibly, it only needs to have it's HP fall anywhere between 50% or less to transform into its final form. If this theory is true, this could mean that 50%'s ability would become Swarm Change instead of Aura Break, and perhaps the Complete Form will be the only form to have it from then on. We'll see if this holds true in the next few months.

I want her to travel to Alola with Ash. She feels like the most fleshed out character out of all Ash's female companions since Misty, and with all the shipping hints the writers have left throughout the series, I feel like the writers know they have to do something to satisfy the fans. Fans even pointed out that one of the default female trainer designs you can point at the start of your Sun and Moon resembles Serena's current design to some degree; one of them has a hair color similar to her, not to mention they both have the same hair length.

I'm also an Amourshipper myself, so that's another reason why I feel optimistic about it. I should probably lower my hopes though.

Just imagine what would happen if we get a gym leader or some sort of significant trainer that bears a resemblance to a Fire Emblem Fates character. MatPat's game theory on that would be even more entertaining to watch!:p

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Time for a daily(?) dose of Fire Emblem fan-art and stuff
Would've been better if i posted this on her birthday but better late than never

Yeah, Meloetta is a pretty good ace Pokemon for Azura. Heck, she'd probably use Milotic as well. It seems like a fitting Pokemon for her.
So she's got Meloetta, Milotic and a Shiny Gardevoir. Her remaining 3 Pokemon could be a Kingdra (because the only other water dragon is Palkia so far). Kingdra would represent Corrin. Then she has a Hydreigon to represent Nohr and an Altaria to represent Hoshido.

A lot of people are theorizing that the way it transforms has to do with how much damage it receives. Perhaps this time around, Zygarde 10% would be the form you start with since it's probably going to be the weaker form (due to how it makes up just 10% of the cells instead of 50%). My guess is that it would have around 500 base stat total with a ridiculously high speed stat. When it's HP falls to around 50-25%, it would transform into the 50% form, the stronger form. If 10%'s HP falls to 25% or less, it transforms into the Complete Form.

Let's say if Zygarde 10% transformed into 50%. How could it transform into the Complete Form from there? Possibly, it only needs to have it's HP fall anywhere between 50% or less to transform into its final form. If this theory is true, this could mean that 50%'s ability would become Swarm Change instead of Aura Break, and perhaps the Complete Form will be the only form to have it from then on. We'll see if this holds true in the next few months.
That does seem likely. Its been shown in the anime that the Zygarde Core will increase its cell percentage to deal with stronger foes (although we've only seen up to 50%). Maybe they could make it like Download. If the Pokemon is weaker than Zygarde, then its 10%. If its stronger, then 50%. And 100% activates at low HP.

She feels like the most fleshed out character out of all Ash's female companions since Misty, and with all the shipping hints the writers have left throughout the series, I feel like the writers know they have to do something to satisfy the fans.
Yeah, they have to. One of the most recent episodes, Serena dressed up like Ash because he was sick and someone wanted to battle him. Have you seen that one? I'll put it here just in case
And there was also one of the other recent episodes where Ash and Serena had an argument. And it was an actual argument, not the random bickering that Ash had sometimes with his other female companions.
Ash was getting really depressed after Ash-Greninja lost twice and, in his depression, he yelled at Serena. Serena responded by saying "The Ash i know is very encouraging and never gives up. The Ash i'm seeing right now isn't the Ash i know" Serena also has very good aim, throwing 3 snowballs at Ash's head.
And of course, there's this

Mom approves.

Fans even pointed out that one of the default female trainer designs you can point at the start of your Sun and Moon resembles Serena's current design to some degree; one of them has a hair color similar to her, not to mention they both have the same hair length
Yeah, i've noticed that too. There's even fan-art of that. But fans have also pointed out this
I should probably lower my hopes though.
Yeah, i am prepared if Serena stays behind. I'll still be mad, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Just imagine what would happen if we get a gym leader or some sort of significant trainer that bears a resemblance to a Fire Emblem Fates character. MatPat's game theory on that would be even more entertaining to watch!:p
You are challenged by Gym Leader Ryoma. *Ryoma sends out a Shiny Clawitzer* Ryoma "Go, Rajinto!" And then Clawitzer uses Thunder and i'll be like "ahfefulyssziwor WHAT!? Can it even learn Thunder?".

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
First you have to make a team. You do this by going to the menu screen, and clicking on "extras". There should be something that says "online battle" i think. There you have options for team making and battling others and stuff. The matches work in a 5v5 format. The maps consist of your and the enemy's castle, and a few maps from the story.

Protip: only do PvP with a friend. If you don't, you'll likely end up fighting hacked units such as a Feral Dragon Kana.
Are you serious? Sheesh, it's amazing how these people spend that much time hacking and being annoying rather than developing real skill. And that goes for Smash players to. And thanks for the tip.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Are you serious? Sheesh, it's amazing how these people spend that much time hacking and being annoying rather than developing real skill. And that goes for Smash players to. And thanks for the tip.
Yeah and if not this, is simply people that rage quit if one of their unit dies sadly i'm the "solo fire emblem player" because my friends dont like the game

Question: we have a thread to online battle? When i get revelations i will surely battle a lot online with trusted people

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Replaying Fates(all 3 storylines)and now I have to choose more waifus(Severa included)

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Here's a birthright related question!:

Apparently, by usinf a heart seal, Azura can become a sky knight. At first I though this was really cool, but she can't use the sing command in battle if she's a sky night. Should I keep her as a songstress, or use the heart seal?

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Here's a birthright related question!:

Apparently, by usinf a heart seal, Azura can become a sky knight. At first I though this was really cool, but she can't use the sing command in battle if she's a sky night. Should I keep her as a songstress, or use the heart seal?
I'm pretty sure her getting sky knight is just to justify shigure being a sky knight by default. You could always just heartseal back to songstress after, so if you want some good abilities like rally speed or amaterasu than becoming a falcon/kinshi knight for a bit isn't a bad idea.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah, they have to. One of the most recent episodes, Serena dressed up like Ash because he was sick and someone wanted to battle him. Have you seen that one? I'll put it here just in case
And there was also one of the other recent episodes where Ash and Serena had an argument. And it was an actual argument, not the random bickering that Ash had sometimes with his other female companions.
Ash was getting really depressed after Ash-Greninja lost twice and, in his depression, he yelled at Serena. Serena responded by saying "The Ash i know is very encouraging and never gives up. The Ash i'm seeing right now isn't the Ash i know" Serena also has very good aim, throwing 3 snowballs at Ash's head.
And of course, there's this

Mom approves.

Yeah, i've noticed that too. There's even fan-art of that. But fans have also pointed out this
I'm up to date with the XY&Z anime in Japan, and I gotta admit that episode where Serena wheres Ash's clothes was pretty funny, and that episode where Ash masters the Ash-Greninja is one of my favorite Pokemon episodes of all time because it left me with so many emotions throughout.

I haven't heard about the female trainer looking a potential child of Ash and Serena though, but I have to admit that is an interesting idea going off that picture. I wouldn't mind if we got Ash's child as the new protagonist if they decide to go that route.

You are challenged by Gym Leader Ryoma. *Ryoma sends out a Shiny Clawitzer* Ryoma "Go, Rajinto!" And then Clawitzer uses Thunder and i'll be like "ahfefulyssziwor WHAT!? Can it even learn Thunder?".
Or maybe it will learn a new move that could be introduced this generation: Thunder Pulse. Take that move and combine it with Clawitzer's ability that boosts the power of pulse attacks, and you can imagine what else happens from there.

------

On a different note, I've beaten Chapters 21-23 of Revelation. You know what that means? My adventure thoughts are back!

Chapter 21 stars out rather chill. Azura is having story time with Sakura and Elise, while Takumi, Ryoma, and Xander look like they are having some sort of strategy conversation. I'm just sitting by a stone taking a break, and Anthony talks to me about how he's worried about the others not having faith in him. We talk it out, and he takes me into some sort of ruins. What happens next is no surprise. He backstabs me by surrounding me with soldiers. I fend off a few, but then someone finishes off one of the soldiers while I am tired. Guess who was that person that was the first to help me out? Ma boy Takumi! Leo arrived afterward, followed by Xander and Ryoma. As Anthony is surrounded, he is suddenly turned into a Faceless! Yikes! Time for battle.

This map's gimmick was fairly interesting. There are red rooms and blue rooms throughout the whole map, and which room enemies stand in will determine whether they promote up a class or demote down a class. If they stand on red tiles, they are promoted. If they stand on blue tiles, they are demoted. It wasn't much of a pain dealing with the enemies on the red tiles because I already did a ton of grinding thanks to all those children paralogues, but I can imagine that without grinding, it can be rather challenging trying to take out enemies on those red tiles, so you'd probably try to bait them to the blue tiles. Then again, leaving the enemies on the red tiles is great for EXP, so that's also a good option. You also have Dragon's Vein tiles to reverse the effects of the red and blue rooms. Taking out Anthony wasn't to hard either, but a bit bad for him. You can tell he was in extreme pain as a Faceless.
Moving on to Chapter 22, we are walking through a forrest as we meet the same woman we fought in Chapter 18 (who also scared us away in Chapter 7), now revealed to be Azura's mother Arete. She's clearly not herself now that she's Anankos's servant, and so she forces us to battle her.

Gameplay wise, this chapter was pretty meh. It looked like your generic forrest map, where you have Dragon's Vein tiles to burn up batches of trees. It felt like Midori's paralogue, except the difference here is that the Dragon's Vein tiles are set up so that you can burn down the entire forest if you wanted to, and the layout isn't as interesting as Midori's was. Again, this chapter wasn't too difficult. There are lots of chests once again, and I'm glad one of them had an extra Beastrune. Finally I can truly make use of more than one Beastkin! I also tried to have Azura weaken Arete first so that I can have another unit finish her off for EXP (not to mention I wanted to see what her dialogue with her mother would be like, and it turned out to be pretty meh; all it was Arete saying "King Anankos will have you destroyed," and then Azura doesn't speak), but Azura landed a critical hit to finish her off. From there, I had myself stand on the fort as I let my other units finish any incoming enemies just for the EXP.
Moving on to Chapter 23, we are reaching closer to Castle Gyges, and Arete comes back yet again to battle us once more. This map was more interesting than the last one, but it reminded me of Chapter 19. Instead of bridges, you have tiles that carry you over to another area, but visually, they look similar to the bridges. Oh yeah, Scarlet comes back this chapter... as a servant to Anankos. I had Ryoma as an extra unit just to see his dialogue with Scarlet, and I gave him a Kodachi so that he could let someone else finish her off. Things got rather difficult once I reached the area with the two chests, as it was guarded by a Sniper, a Master Ninja, and several Swordmasters. My units were weakened after a fight with them, and Azura was left behind because she couldn't make it to them thanks to the whole tile transport gimmick. A Sniper and a Master Ninja emerged from the two forts near her, and both killed her easily as RNG luck was against me. Arghh! I had to redo the chapter.

The second time through was a lot better. I didn't use Ryoma this time now that I saw his dialogue with Scarlet, so I used Hisame and Velouria instead (Ryoma's pair-up unit was Fuuga in my first try). Instead of clearing all of the enemies in the center then going for the chest on the bottom left, I took care of the enemies at the bottom center, then went for the chest, and then go for the enemies at the center. I also was more careful this time and was able to transfer all my units to the area with the two chests, allowing for an easier experience dealing with all the enemies there. When I headed back to the center area to proceed to the final area that would take me to Arete, only the Sniper came out from one of the forts because one of my units was standing on the other one that would've summoned the Master Ninja. I had Ophelia take out the Sniper with ease. Once that was done, it was off to the final area.

Now this is where a really tense moment. happens I took out the Onmyoji and the Swordmasters there with fair ease. Then, I had Kaze attempt to take out the Mechanist. Kaze lands one crit, delivering 33 damage, but the Mechanist hits back pretty hard, putting Kaze at 9 HP. Kaze hits again, but it's not enough to kill him. With the Mechanist alive and most of my units done attacking for the turn, there was no way I could finish him off. My other flying unit, Caeldori, was behind Siegbert, so she couldn't defeat the Mechanist. There are also two Falcon Knights that weren't far away. both of which were summoned from the two forts in that standalone island nearby. At this point, I had two choices: leave Caeldori behind Siegbert so that she didn't have to worry about the Mechanist with the yumi but leave Kaze at a high risk of being killed by the Falcon Knights, or heal Kaze using Caeldori so that he can survive for the enemy phase but leave Caeldori at the huge risk of being killed by the Mechanist's yumi. I went with the latter. The Mechanist arrives straight for Caeldori. Endless Nightmare, start playing!

Caeldori had Bowbreaker thanks to her mother, Nyx. The yumi would kill her in one hit, but it had a 34% chance of hitting because of Bowbreaker. The battle would be determined in this intense moment. Would RNG luck be for me and demonstrate how awesome Bowbreaker is, or would it screw me over and have the yumi land the hit. The yumi is fired... and it is a miss. Caeldori survives! The Falcon Knights come by, but they are taken down with ease.

Lesson learned: Nyx is one of Caeldori's best mother options. Bowbreaker is such a good ability to have on a flying unit to lessen the bow weakness. Caeldori even becomes a great user with the Bolt Naginata thanks to the magic growths she receives from her mother.

Following that, the chapter was easy to proceed from there, It was a little annoying that Arete was using Enfeeble one some of my units, but it wasn't as a bad as my experience with Conquest Chapter 16 where Selena and Silas struggled because of it. Because all my units had a good grinding experience from this chapter, I decided to let Azura do her thing and not worry about whether she would land a critical or not. This time, the dialogue between Azura and her mother right before their battle was more interesting. Arete complains of headaches as she sees Azura, and that makes Azura realize some parts of her mother are coming back, and so she must kill her to free her from Anakos's control. Azura doesn't land a critical this time though, so this allowed me to use myself to finish off Arete to gain EXP and a level up in the process.

Following the battle, Arete dies, but before she fades away, she regains her memories, and Arete and Azura share a final bittersweet moment. As touching as this scene, I think this would've been far more emotional scene if we got to know Arete more throughout the story, but I digress.

I'm also surprised the Nohrian siblings didn't have any dialogue with Arete during her final moments. I've learned through spoilers that the Hoshido family have dialogues with their parents in the following chapters, so I expected the Nohrian family to join Azura in chatting with Arete since she was Garon's second wife, and thus Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise's stepmom.

Xander and Ryoma do have a line after Arete's death though. While Ryoma says a few words, Xander has the dot-dot-dot. When I look back at it, I think this was meant to show Xander's reaction over Arete's death: being emotional to the point he couldn't speak. After all, she was his second mother, and I'm sure she treated him like a son.[/URL]

Only four chapters and the endgame left. I'm going to start Chapter 24 shortly. I already read about the gimmick in advance, so hopefully, this chapter should be a bit easier to do.

------
Are Sky Knights good?
Yep, they are pretty good units. They make great mage killers thanks to their high resistance and high speed stats. Strength might be a bit of an issue for them, but you can solve that issue by pairing them up with a unit that boosts the Strength stat. Having a mobility of 8 is also a huge plus. Just make sure you keep them away from bow-wielding units; giving them Bowbreaker also helps a lot.[/URL]

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm up to date with the XY&Z anime in Japan, and I gotta admit that episode where Serena wheres Ash's clothes was pretty funny, and that episode where Ash masters the Ash-Greninja is one of my favorite Pokemon episodes of all time because it left me with so many emotions throughout.

I haven't heard about the female trainer looking a potential child of Ash and Serena though, but I have to admit that is an interesting idea going off that picture. I wouldn't mind if we got Ash's child as the new protagonist if they decide to go that route.

Or maybe it will learn a new move that could be introduced this generation: Thunder Pulse. Take that move and combine it with Clawitzer's ability that boosts the power of pulse attacks, and you can imagine what else happens from there.

------

On a different note, I've beaten Chapters 21-23 of Revelation. You know what that means? My adventure thoughts are back!

Chapter 21 stars out rather chill. Azura is having story time with Sakura and Elise, while Takumi, Ryoma, and Xander look like they are having some sort of strategy conversation. I'm just sitting by a stone taking a break, and Anthony talks to me about how he's worried about the others not having faith in him. We talk it out, and he takes me into some sort of ruins. What happens next is no surprise. He backstabs me by surrounding me with soldiers. I fend off a few, but then someone finishes off one of the soldiers while I am tired. Guess who was that person that was the first to help me out? Ma boy Takumi! Leo arrived afterward, followed by Xander and Ryoma. As Anthony is surrounded, he is suddenly turned into a Faceless! Yikes! Time for battle.

This map's gimmick was fairly interesting. There are red rooms and blue rooms throughout the whole map, and which room enemies stand in will determine whether they promote up a class or demote down a class. If they stand on red tiles, they are promoted. If they stand on blue tiles, they are demoted. It wasn't much of a pain dealing with the enemies on the red tiles because I already did a ton of grinding thanks to all those children paralogues, but I can imagine that without grinding, it can be rather challenging trying to take out enemies on those red tiles, so you'd probably try to bait them to the blue tiles. Then again, leaving the enemies on the red tiles is great for EXP, so that's also a good option. You also have Dragon's Vein tiles to reverse the effects of the red and blue rooms. Taking out Anthony wasn't to hard either, but a bit bad for him. You can tell he was in extreme pain as a Faceless.
Moving on to Chapter 22, we are walking through a forrest as we meet the same woman we fought in Chapter 18 (who also scared us away in Chapter 7), now revealed to be Azura's mother Arete. She's clearly not herself now that she's Anankos's servant, and so she forces us to battle her.

Gameplay wise, this chapter was pretty meh. It looked like your generic forrest map, where you have Dragon's Vein tiles to burn up batches of trees. It felt like Midori's paralogue, except the difference here is that the Dragon's Vein tiles are set up so that you can burn down the entire forest if you wanted to, and the layout isn't as interesting as Midori's was. Again, this chapter wasn't too difficult. There are lots of chests once again, and I'm glad one of them had an extra Beastrune. Finally I can truly make use of more than one Beastkin! I also tried to have Azura weaken Arete first so that I can have another unit finish her off for EXP (not to mention I wanted to see what her dialogue with her mother would be like, and it turned out to be pretty meh; all it was Arete saying "King Anankos will have you destroyed," and then Azura doesn't speak), but Azura landed a critical hit to finish her off. From there, I had myself stand on the fort as I let my other units finish any incoming enemies just for the EXP.
Moving on to Chapter 23, we are reaching closer to Castle Gyges, and Arete comes back yet again to battle us once more. This map was more interesting than the last one, but it reminded me of Chapter 19. Instead of bridges, you have tiles that carry you over to another area, but visually, they look similar to the bridges. Oh yeah, Scarlet comes back this chapter... as a servant to Anankos. I had Ryoma as an extra unit just to see his dialogue with Scarlet, and I gave him a Kodachi so that he could let someone else finish her off. Things got rather difficult once I reached the area with the two chests, as it was guarded by a Sniper, a Master Ninja, and several Swordmasters. My units were weakened after a fight with them, and Azura was left behind because she couldn't make it to them thanks to the whole tile transport gimmick. A Sniper and a Master Ninja emerged from the two forts near her, and both killed her easily as RNG luck was against me. Arghh! I had to redo the chapter.

The second time through was a lot better. I didn't use Ryoma this time now that I saw his dialogue with Scarlet, so I used Hisame and Velouria instead (Ryoma's pair-up unit was Fuuga in my first try). Instead of clearing all of the enemies in the center then going for the chest on the bottom left, I took care of the enemies at the bottom center, then went for the chest, and then go for the enemies at the center. I also was more careful this time and was able to transfer all my units to the area with the two chests, allowing for an easier experience dealing with all the enemies there. When I headed back to the center area to proceed to the final area that would take me to Arete, only the Sniper came out from one of the forts because one of my units was standing on the other one that would've summoned the Master Ninja. I had Ophelia take out the Sniper with ease. Once that was done, it was off to the final area.

Now this is where a really tense moment. happens I took out the Onmyoji and the Swordmasters there with fair ease. Then, I had Kaze attempt to take out the Mechanist. Kaze lands one crit, delivering 33 damage, but the Mechanist hits back pretty hard, putting Kaze at 9 HP. Kaze hits again, but it's not enough to kill him. With the Mechanist alive and most of my units done attacking for the turn, there was no way I could finish him off. My other flying unit, Caeldori, was behind Siegbert, so she couldn't defeat the Mechanist. There are also two Falcon Knights that weren't far away. both of which were summoned from the two forts in that standalone island nearby. At this point, I had two choices: leave Caeldori behind Siegbert so that she didn't have to worry about the Mechanist with the yumi but leave Kaze at a high risk of being killed by the Falcon Knights, or heal Kaze using Caeldori so that he can survive for the enemy phase but leave Caeldori at the huge risk of being killed by the Mechanist's yumi. I went with the latter. The Mechanist arrives straight for Caeldori. Endless Nightmare, start playing!

Caeldori had Bowbreaker thanks to her mother, Nyx. The yumi would kill her in one hit, but it had a 34% chance of hitting because of Bowbreaker. The battle would be determined in this intense moment. Would RNG luck be for me and demonstrate how awesome Bowbreaker is, or would it screw me over and have the yumi land the hit. The yumi is fired... and it is a miss. Caeldori survives! The Falcon Knights come by, but they are taken down with ease.

Lesson learned: Nyx is one of Caeldori's best mother options. Bowbreaker is such a good ability to have on a flying unit to lessen the bow weakness. Caeldori even becomes a great user with the Bolt Naginata thanks to the magic growths she receives from her mother.

Following that, the chapter was easy to proceed from there, It was a little annoying that Arete was using Enfeeble one some of my units, but it wasn't as a bad as my experience with Conquest Chapter 16 where Selena and Silas struggled because of it. Because all my units had a good grinding experience from this chapter, I decided to let Azura do her thing and not worry about whether she would land a critical or not. This time, the dialogue between Azura and her mother right before their battle was more interesting. Arete complains of headaches as she sees Azura, and that makes Azura realize some parts of her mother are coming back, and so she must kill her to free her from Anakos's control. Azura doesn't land a critical this time though, so this allowed me to use myself to finish off Arete to gain EXP and a level up in the process.

Following the battle, Arete dies, but before she fades away, she regains her memories, and Arete and Azura share a final bittersweet moment. As touching as this scene, I think this would've been far more emotional scene if we got to know Arete more throughout the story, but I digress.

I'm also surprised the Nohrian siblings didn't have any dialogue with Arete during her final moments. I've learned through spoilers that the Hoshido family have dialogues with their parents in the following chapters, so I expected the Nohrian family to join Azura in chatting with Arete since she was Garon's second wife, and thus Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise's stepmom.

Xander and Ryoma do have a line after Arete's death though. While Ryoma says a few words, Xander has the dot-dot-dot. When I look back at it, I think this was meant to show Xander's reaction over Arete's death: being emotional to the point he couldn't speak. After all, she was his second mother, and I'm sure she treated him like a son.[/URL]

Only four chapters and the endgame left. I'm going to start Chapter 24 shortly. I already read about the gimmick in advance, so hopefully, this chapter should be a bit easier to do.

------

Yep, they are pretty good units. They make great mage killers thanks to their high resistance and high speed stats. Strength might be a bit of an issue for them, but you can solve that issue by pairing them up with a unit that boosts the Strength stat. Having a mobility of 8 is also a huge plus. Just make sure you keep them away from bow-wielding units; giving them Bowbreaker also helps a lot.[/URL]
Might have to use it on Birthright for Azura

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Might have to use it on Birthright for Azura
I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than gaining the skills you want. Azura's class of songstress is the only way she can sing, which is a valuable resource in this game. Its not like there's a lack of sky knights in birthright either. You've got Hinoka, Subaki, Caeldori, Shigure, and Reina (promoted).

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than gaining the skills you want. Azura's class of songstress is the only way she can sing, which is a valuable resource in this game. Its not like there's a lack of sky knights in birthright either. You've got Hinoka, Subaki, Caeldori, Shigure, and Reina (promoted).
Although Subaki and Reina can be rather underwhelming if the RNG doesn't break their way.

Shout out to the Subaki in my Birthright run being a Level 11 or something Kinshi Knight with 16 Strength. Eesh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Besides Caeldori, I don't use anyone else full time(except for Subaki...just to get him to create Caeldori, then he's gone)

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Yeah and if not this, is simply people that rage quit if one of their unit dies sadly i'm the "solo fire emblem player" because my friends dont like the game

Question: we have a thread to online battle? When i get revelations i will surely battle a lot online with trusted people
I can assure you. I am one of those people who can be trusted. I get my copy of Fates in a week.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Has anybody managed to use an archer/sniper other than Takumi? I'd like to get another sniper and was considering giving Setsuna a go. On that note, does anybody know of a character who does considerably well when reclassed as a sniper? (other than Ryoma) I'm looking at speed and strength the most. I'd way rather just reclass someone else if I can (since Setsuna is one of my underleveled units and I'm too lazy to get her up to speed). Thanks.

Also, hello everyone. Good to see you all again.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Has anybody managed to use an archer/sniper other than Takumi? I'd like to get another sniper and was considering giving Setsuna a go. On that note, does anybody know of a character who does considerably well when reclassed as a sniper? (other than Ryoma) I'm looking at speed and strength the most. I'd way rather just reclass someone else if I can (since Setsuna is one of my underleveled units and I'm too lazy to get her up to speed). Thanks.

Also, hello everyone. Good to see you all again.
Welcome back!

From what I've heard, the best unit that comes to mind as a reclassed Sniper is Mozu. The archer class is her secondary class, and she has the potential to surpass Takumi thanks to her great stat growths and Aptitude. The only issue with using Mozu as a Sniper is that it will take some time for her to reach OP levels because of her default class where she starts with low stats and has to work her way up, so she will start rather weak for an Archer, but once she's promoted, she'll do a decent job. Admittedly, I haven't used Mozu as a Sniper (I prefer using her as a Dread Fighter), but Sniper is the class most people generally recommend for Mozu.

Kiragi, Takumi's son, also makes a really good Sniper depending on who his mother is. His mother was Oboro in both my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs, and she passes down some really good growth rates for all his stats in addition to some strong max stat modifiers for his strength and skill stats; he can even inherit the Rend Heaven skill from her mother, which can add even more damage to his attacks for more guaranteed kills. Kagero, Hana, and Azura also make good Kiragi mothers. Kagero provides a strong max stat modifier for his strength stat and gives high growth rates for strength and peed, while Hana and Azura give nice max stat modifiers all around with and provide solid strength and speed growth rates once again (the Strength growth rate is a tad bit lower than Kagero's though, but it's still pretty good). Kiragi can also inherit Lethality from Kagero and Astra from Hana, and both are some other nice skills to have if you're looking to give Kiragi even more opportunities to kill.

I've found Setsuna to be a pretty solid archer. While Takumi has the Fujin Yumi that already makes him killing machine on the battlefield, Setsuna's main advantage over him is that she has better speed, allowing her to double practically every time. She also handles Magic units better than Takumi does with her higher resistance stat, but she is weaker to Strength-emphasized units in exchange. I know you're not interested in grinding her up, but I thought I'd share that information about her just in case you ever decide to use her more often in a future playthrough.

Top Bottom