• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Just finished conquest chapter 15... gotta say, this was easier than a lot of birthright maps =P.

As well I now have 3 children; Kana, Nina and Percy. Now that I know how skills are passed down, I'm actually having a lot of fun creating my ideal child. As it is right now I had Niles pass down Bowfaire and Mozu Aptitude to Nina. Percy got Axebreaker and Tomebreaker from Arthur and Felicia respectively, to go with his eventual Swordbreaker. Kana was the one I was least happy with, since all she got was Inspiration and HP +5, but she has really high magic from Elise, so it's all good.

My remaining pairings are as goes:

Jacob + Azura = Rally ***** Shigure + ??? Dwyer
Keaton + Charlotte (Even though I feel bad for having to lump the good natured Keaton together with that waste of skin)
Kaze + Selena
Inigo + Peri
Benny + Camilla
Odin + Nyx
Silas + Beruka
And Xander + Effie

I'm missing put on Forrest, but honestly I really don't feel like I need him. And Leo's personality seems to fit being a bachelor.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Keaton + Charlotte (Even though I feel bad for having to lump the good natured Keaton together with that waste of skin)
Charlotte's actually a good character. Even if you don't like her, you at least have to admit that Peri and Rhajat are worst characters.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Charlotte's actually a good character. Even if you don't like her, you at least have to admit that Peri and Rhajat are worst characters.
Naw. I would put her in the same level. I hate her kind of character the most. I'll admit she has some qualities that are redeeming, like caring for her parents and stuff. But the whole fakeness of her act, not to mention how badly she treats people who aren't worth her time is probably the worst basis for a character. Completely overshadows the good points. Peri may be an insane psychopath, but she's genuine and can be kind to her friends... as long as she doesn't kill them. Rhajat is really creepy with the Avatar. but with all the other children she just seemed to be your average goth, which isn't that bad.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Naw. I would put her in the same level. I hate her kind of character the most. I'll admit she has some qualities that are redeeming, like caring for her parents and stuff. But the whole fakeness of her act, not to mention how badly she treats people who aren't worth her time is probably the worst basis for a character. Completely overshadows the good points. Peri may be an insane psychopath, but she's genuine and can be kind to her friends... as long as she doesn't kill them. Rhajat is really creepy with the Avatar. but with all the other children she just seemed to be your average goth, which isn't that bad.
Isn't killing people worse than treating people who aren't worth your time badly, by, like, a lot?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Peri may be an insane psychopath, but she's genuine and can be kind to her friends... as long as she doesn't kill them. Rhajat is really creepy with the Avatar. but with all the other children she just seemed to be your average goth, which isn't that bad.
Peri tries to kill Felicia in they're A-Support because Felicia dropped a plate. But there's more reasons to why Peri is probably the worst character in the game. Xander makes a big deal about Garon releasing Hans yet he has Peri as a retainer, when Peri is only slightly less murderous than Hans. In her supports with Keaton, Peri heads off to kill an entire village just for fun. If Peri and Kaden marry, Kaden marries because Peri threatens him with death if he doesn't marry her. And the thing is, nobody really tries to help Peri with her problem. She should be getting physiological help, not being a retainer to the crown prince. Meanwhile, Charlotte does none of that and even eventually realizes that faking an act might hurt her in the long run (see her S-Support with Benny).

As for Rhajat....being a clone of Tharja automatically makes you bad. She's at least better than Tharja.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
you guys make some good points. Very good points. And I can see why Peri is a horrible character. I never said she was better than Charlotte. Peri's bad qualities are VERY bad in a moralistic sense, but they are also so highly unrealistic and silly that it seems almost comedic at first glance. It's very dark an troubling, but it is also so far out there that it's hard to relate to. On the other hand Charlotte's shortcomming are things that we can see around us everyday, taken to an extreme that makes it just completely unlikable for me. I can still imagine here character being real, whereas with Peri its so insane that I can't see her as anything other than a VG character.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And the thing is, nobody really tries to help Peri with her problem.
Did you ever pair her with Laslow? Laslow fixes Peri's issue by teaching her empathy in their supports and it works. That Child Scramble DLC certainly shows with Peri telling Soleil not to kill innocents when she catches Soleil going on a mini fit.

It may be just one guy that changes Peri for the better but that's something to look into if you want Peri to be tolerable.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ok calm down, i wasn't saying it was actually real.
I never said you said they were real, but you did say "these look the most legit" and I was pointing out my reasons for why I strongly disagreed with that. Sorry if it came across like I was attacking you. That was not my intention.

Also, Charlotte hate in the thread got me like

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'll be honest here, I don't like Charlotte either. I'm not into those damsel in distress type of ******* craving for attention.
Peri is alright. Sure she's crazy as **** but isn't a completely bad character.

D

Deleted member

Peri is honestly one of my least favorite characters in Fates. She's just extremely creepy and highly unrelatable. From what I've seen, she likes to kill things for the sake of killing and seeing the enemy's blood... how is this charming? How is she Xander's retainer and why does he allow such behavior?
It doesn't help that she's a mediocre unit. Honestly, she's outclassed heavily by Silas and Xander.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
There's a lot more depth to Charlotte than people are giving her credit for. Her supports with M/Corrin (and a few others I believe) go into detail on this.

To get down to the nitty gritty, it's revealed that Charlotte wants to collect a lot of money so that she can help her parents who are farm workers. Because they managed to raise her the best they could with meager means, she wishes to pay them back and let them live a good life. So her quest for money isn't just for personal gain, it's to help support her family.

Also, the reason she plays up the "damsel in distress" trope is because she thinks that's the only way she'll be able to make a man fall in love with her. She thinks that nobody could love her for her true personality, so she throws on an act that she HATES to try and marry into wealth all to help her family back home.

So yeah she's a little ******, but you probably would be too if you had to keep up the veneer of being a "pretty little lady" because you think nobody could possibly fall in love with who you truly are, all with the burden of trying to support your family.

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
It doesn't help that she's a mediocre unit. Honestly, she's outclassed heavily by Silas and Xander.
She's not bad. She has just as much Strength Growth as the other 2, and higher Speed and Resistance as well. She's a bit lacking in Skill, HP and Def, but if reclassed into Great Knight that would patch up her HP and Def. I'm finding great use for her as a Dark Flier. Her low HP and Def but High Speed and Strength lend her to being a great Hit-n-run kinda character, which Galeforce will help with, not to mention her personal skill is arguably the better of the 3 cavaliers and pairs with Galeforce beautifully.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone... An Old, really mediocre Nohrian mounted unit... Huh the name escapes me ;P

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, about Peri and Kaden S support, Nah do almost the same thing to inigo in awakening(poor guy he did go to fates world to escape from Nah not for some mission)

I kinda not dislike Peri, not in the way I hate Charlotte(the only reason i dont send her to death is because she is friend of mister 500 def point benny) and Tharja (she creeps me out)
I dont know why peri act this way but i'm sure that she have her reasons

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The way me (and a lot of people i've talked to) see Peri is that Peri tries to be like Henry, but fails. The main reason is that Henry didn't grow up killing innocent people. I mean, there was that one time though, where some people killed his wolf friend and he went berserk in revenge. But as far as i'm aware, Henry doesn't kill any innocents aside from that one incident and he never tries to kill any of his allies. And i'm sure we all know the famous Henry x Olivia supports.

Did you ever pair her with Laslow? Laslow fixes Peri's issue by teaching her empathy in their supports and it works. That Child Scramble DLC certainly shows with Peri telling Soleil not to kill innocents when she catches Soleil going on a mini fit.
True but it certainly takes a while. If we're going by endings, the epilogue states that Peri "learned the difference between right and wrong....eventually" Who knows how many innocent lives she took between now and "eventually". And no, i didn't actually pair her with Laslow because Laslow honestly deserves a much better wife (Mozu).

I can agree with this. In Conquest, i only used Peri during Ch.12 (because that's where she joins you in). She's good with Galeforce, but there are characters that could use Galeforce more than her. And i didn't use her in Revelation at all (aside from support grinds) because horrible unit balance.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone... An Old, really mediocre Nohrian mounted unit... Huh the name escapes me ;P
I think his name starts with a G.....i think.

mister 500 def point benny)
Wait what? Since when does Benny have 500 DEF points?

Go look into Peri's supports with Laslow. Her backstory is explained there.
Its not a good backstory. This is what i mean: "Oh, a servant killed my mother. So let me just kill EVERY SINGLE SERVANT i see. Even if i didn't hire them. Oh, you dropped a plate, guess what, you get to die". And she's been doing that since she was a child. How many innocent servants did she kill before she met Laslow? We will never know.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Notifications weren't working for me once, and wow, I've been missing out on quite the heated discussion. I guess I'll jump right in and give my thoughts.

I can definitely understand the Peri hate. That bloodlust of hers and her childish tendencies make her feel like some sort of serial killer. I remember that was me when I first saw how Peri interacted, but I ended up pairing her with Laslow because I thought it'd be pretty interesting to see how one of my favorite Awakening characters would try to get with a good friend rather than the random girl he finds down the street. Turns out I was in for quite the ride, as I learned about Peri's backstory and saw Laslow did his best to teach her empathy. To be honest, that made Peri a bit more likable for me know that I understood why she was like that, and I think the A support definitely had a solid resolution, even if it still took time for her to "understand right from wrong". Peri is still far from my favorite Fates characters though.

If you are marrying units together just for child optimization though, Peri turns out to be a good mother for Soleil. She gets decent stat growths all around thanks to what Peri passes down, and marrying Laslow and Peri potentially gives Soleil access to both Sol AND Luna. Soleil ended up being a decent unit in my Conquest playthrough because of that.

And to be honest, Laslow and Peri is definitely my favorite retainer duo in the Nohr side, mainly because of their supports and the way they approach Xander. The way Laslow and Peri interact with Xander is like that of a father and his son/daughter. Xander punishes Laslow when he gets in trouble, but Laslow still looks up and greatly respects Xander. We even see how Xander genuinely cares about him when he states that he is perfectly fine with the fact Laslow has to return home once the war is over, and reading that reminded me of a loving Father who understands his son's intentions. Heck, Xander punishing Laslow further demonstrates this kind of fatherly bond; he hopes that through punishment, Laslow would learn to better restrain himself, similar to that of a father punishing his son to improve him. With Peri, Xander is willing to hear Peri and out when she tells him what's troubling him, and much like a Father to his child, he tries to teach her something. He also stands up for her when she gets ridiculed similar to how a Father stands up for his child when the child is bullied.

Birthright even shows us how close of a bond Laslow and Peri have toward Xander.

Immediately following Elise's death, after Corrin picks up his sword ready to fight Xander again, Laslow and Peri barge into the surrounding battle hallway when they hear about the commotion going on. When they notice Elise's dead body, both genuinely react with shock and protectiveness, suddenly calling in additional reinforcements. Peri is visibly angry over Elise's death, as she says, "Which one of you did this to Lady Elise? I'll gut ya!" Yeah, this is where Peri's bloodlust kicks in and gives us eyerolls yet again, but here, she has a good reason to act angry. A member of the royal family has just died, and from the looks of it, it looked like Elise was murdered (she was slashed by Xander's sword after all), so as retainers, of course they will be shocked about such a death has occurred.

The real sad part kicks in after they react to Elise's death. They decide to fight to keep Xander safe, thinking at this point that now Elise has been killed, Xander is probably next. Xander, of course, doesn't approve of their decision. Prior to the beginning of his battle with Corrin and Elise's death, Xander tells them to stay out of this despite them pleading otherwise. Now that his retainers want to get involved and fight the Hoshidan army, Xander begs them to stay out of this, and at this point, you can tell this is making him even more emotional. He was already devastated with Elise's death, and now seeing his retainers wanting to get involved when he told them not to is making him even more worried. Again, the father and child relationship is at play here. A father doesn't want his child to face certain death when it seems very likely to happen, and so prior to Elise's death, Xander thinks he can effectively deal with the Hoshidan army by killing Corrin in a one-on-one battle, knowing that losing Corrin would be a huge blow to Hoshido. He thinks this approach would minimize Nohrian casualties, Laslow and Peri among them. Elise's death, however, ruins this plan, as it leads to having a solid chunk of the Nohrian army involved to stop the Hoshidan army from advancing. He even states right before you select your units, "This isn't how I planned it would develop at all."

Now, seeing how Laslow and Peri wanting to get involved when they have a good chance of dying is making him feel upset. It's like a father realizing that his own child wants to get involved in something that will probably have him/her killed, leading to feelings of sadness. If you choose to do so, killing Laslow and Peri makes the battle even more emotional when you think about how Xander would react.

And funny enough, I married Kaden with Peri in my Revelation playthrough. I thought it was kind of cute how Kaden tries to help her overcome her fear of bugs by showing her the butterfly transformation process (since butterflies are the only insects she likes). By the A-Support, she goes from "Insects are scary and disgusting" to "Insects are just disgusting." Yeah, it didn't help her completely overcome her fear of bugs, much to Kaden's disappointment, but it was still an improvement. As for their S-Support? Peri does act pretty extreme with that confession, though I actually had a good laugh when she screamed "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?" Something about that line felt funny for some reason, but I can't quite put my finger. I did feel rather bad for Kaden though, especially how he reacted when she threatened to kill him (not to mention Kaden is one of my top 10 favorite Fates characters).

And once again, I get a rather solid Selkie. Decent stat growths all around yet again, but this time, she has access to Luna to fix up that Strength issue.

As for Charlotte, I definitely like her. Like it was already stated, she has quite the depth. She goes around acting like a "damsel-in-distress" and tries to flirt with the rich men because she is trying to find someone that is well off money-wise so that she can help pay for her family.

------
How is she Xander's retainer and why does he allow such behavior?
Xander and Peri's A Support reveals that Xander picked Peri as his retainer because he was impressed with how well she did in a nobles' fighting tournament. She didn't win the tourney, only placing in 3rd, but Xander still saw a lot of potential in her fighting ability because of how well she did. As for why she's still his retainer? Xander states, "I wanted strong retainers, who could be counted on not to lose their lives in battle."

I don't think the game ever answers the second question, but I guess going off that quote, Xander might see something in that bloodlust attitude of Peri, which can make her scary toward foes? I don't know, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's odd that Xander hasn't given her advice on how to improve out of it. Xander punishes Laslow for a flirting incident in their C-Support, yet we don't hear how he tries to restrain Peri. He does try to improve Peri's speech patterns by teaching her how to speak more formally when he figures it could be a reason why others think she's not a good retainer, but he later decides to simply talk to those who said ill things about her once he feels a little uncomfortable with Peri's attempt at speaking more formally.

------

But the more I think about it about Xander and Peri's relationship being like that of a father and daughter, the more I find it odd that he doesn't seem to do something to actually fix that kind of behavior. Reading all these comments and typing this post makes me realize that Peri's bloodlust tendency probably comes from a psychological disorder. That could explain why Peri wants to kill any servant that messes up somehow. Her mother's death by a smitten servant leading to Peri to kill more servants than just the one that did that injustice definitely sounds like something that would come out of a psychological disorder, especially when she probably started doing this when she was child, a time when such disorders start to emerge since a child's brain isn't fully developed yet. If Xander cares for Peri like that of dear companion or a daughter, you'd expect him to try giving her some counseling or have her see a psychiatrist like a father would to his child if he/she acted odd, but we don't see him do that. Only Laslow seems to give her that kind of counseling.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Anyone here know a white Cloaked Robin, Default Corrin and a Black Mewtwo player who goes by Satan? We fought on FG yesterday and wanted to say Good games.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I think people try to apply too much real-world rationalization to characters from a game featuring giant, masked, Frankenstein zombies and people who turn into dragons, werewolves, and giant fox spirits.

I can see why people may not like Peri, but she's clearly played for laughs. And yet more ******** about Tharja/Rhajat. Jesus Christ, they are not that bad. In fact, Rhajat is actually a fairly decent person. Tharja, too, if her supports with Lon'Qu and others are any indication.

I wanted to like Charlotte, and I suppose, as a character, she's fine, but good god, as a unit, she cannot hit the broad side of a barn. It's always a gamble just trying to net her some experience.

I like Gunter's design and I wanted to use him despite his Jeigan-ness, but hoo-ee. He does a lot of damage though, so he still has his uses, so long as he doesn't get hit. It's also hilarious hearing him say, "how disappointing" upon every level up.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
I wanted to like Charlotte, and I suppose, as a character, she's fine, but good god, as a unit, she cannot hit the broad side of a barn. It's always a gamble just trying to net her some experience.

I like Gunter's design and I wanted to use him despite his Jeigan-ness, but hoo-ee. He does a lot of damage though, so he still has his uses, so long as he doesn't get hit. It's also hilarious hearing him say, "how disappointing" upon every level up.
So true. Charlotte has taken the longest for me to get to Level 20 out of all of my units. I ended up equipping her with the Berserker's Axe just so she can hit something. I mean, If she does, with that thing, than they are dead. no questions asked. But It's like I always need a contingency plan when using her. Gunter though, hits hard enough when you first get him, But I feel like he gets very quickly outclassed by Xander, Silas, Peri, Effie, or Benny (depending on if you make any of them a Great Knight, which isn't a horrible idea). As a side note, I got so used to Lilith's "no-stat gain" quote, until I realized that she doesn't gain stats after a certain level if you don't have a 3rd tier temple. I got her to ~Lvl 60 before I realized something was really wrong. 20-ish Levels and not one stat gain? I'm not THAT unlucky.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I can see why people may not like Peri, but she's clearly played for laughs.
I know that not all characters are meant to be realistic but i can't find anything laughable about Peri.

And yet more ******** about Tharja/Rhajat.
Possibly due to the fact that Yanderes are the least liked Japanese trope.

Just remove her Gamble skill then. As a unit, she's probably the best Beserker in the game. That 100% crit-rate looks really good.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
I never realized Frederick was Nohrian! My dearest apologies

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
For those of you interested in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that this Peri and Charlotte discussion is over, I think I can finally start a discussion I promised a long while ago. Here goes:

Let's say we got a Fire Emblem Fates stage to tie in with Corrin's release in Smash Bros back in February. Which location from Fates would you want to see for Corrin's stage?

In addition to that, let's say the only music that is selectable on that stage are those from Fire Emblem Fates. What music would you want in that stage (not counting the two versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone we already have)?

I'll start by giving my answer. Going to enclose the stage part of it in a spoilers tag since it's a wall of text. No spoilers, don't worry.

Stage: My pick would be between Plains of Hoshido or the Cyrkensia Theatre.

Plains of Hoshido:

Plains of Hoshido is the name of the place where the famous "big decision" takes place. I envision this stage taking place on the bridge at the center of the map. At the start, you can't fight on the area below the bridge because of the water, but at some point, a Dragon's Vein will launch toward the stage, causing the water to evaporate. From there, you can also fight on the area beneath the bridge, creating a walk-off. The background would be filled with Nohr and Hoshido soldiers fighting each other, namely Samurais versus Lancers similar to the first cutscene featuring Ryoma vs Xander. The royal siblings also act as stage hazards. One sibling will drop by and attack fighters for a short period of time, then leave. In a two minute match, you will see two siblings within the time frame, and the order they appear is completely randomized each time. There are six siblings total that appear as hazards:
  • Ryoma: Can hop over any characters' heads like a samurai just like in the first cutscene, putting the character that was jumped in the footstool animation, and will attack anyone with sword swings. Sometime he can attack from a distance by generating electricity from the Raijinto. Very dangerous attacker just like in the games. His attacks can deal high damage and knockback.
  • Xander: Can trample fighters because he's a mounted unit, causing affected foes to be buried into the ground for a short period of time. He can also swing his sword from time to time to attack up close. He can even attack from a distance by releasing darkness from the Siegfried just like in the games. Fairly dangerous hazard overall.
  • Hinoka: Flies on her Pegasus and deals with fighters with quick attacks that deal low damage and knockback. Her Pegasus can also blow gust of winds by flapping its wings towards fighters pushing them away if affected similar to that one Zelda item that does something similar.
  • Camilla: Flies with her Wyvern and starts by attacking with her Ragnarok tome up to three times, triggering large explosions on the battlefield. She will then attack foes up close with her Axe, dealing decent damage and knockback.
  • Takumi: Fires a quick arrow from the background using the Fujin Yumi. Visually, the way how he attacks looks similar to his cutscene. The arrow has OHKO potential if it lands a hit, similar to Zelda, Sheik, and Dark Pit's Final Smashes. He attacks up to three times.
  • Leo: Attacks from the background by using Brynhildr to create a large swirling vortex of rocks coming out of the ground similar to his cutscene (since his signature tome is technically supposed to be a gravity spell). This vortex either on the left, center, or right sides of the stage, and in terms of damage and knockback, it would be similar to Entei and Ho-Oh's attack in Smash.
What about Sakura and Elise? They will also appear from time to time (individually, not together), but it's rare. When they do, they can heal fighters by using their respective staffs to heal a fighter at will. The visual effects would be based on what staff is used. They can heal up to 25% damage to a single foe.

To better describe the stage layout, imagine you are standing on one side of the battle and you are looking at the other side. That's the kind of perspective that would look like when you fight on the bridge. The side you are facing will also determine which siblings that will appear on the stage. If you see more Nohrian Lancers in the background and less Hoshidan Samurais, that means only the Nohrian siblings will appear. Similarly, if you see more Hoshidan Samurais in the background and less Nohrian Lancers, that means only the Hoshidan siblings will attack. The side on the opposite side of the bridge is randomized with each match similar to how Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia are treated on the Spear Pillar stage.

The siblings will arrive by entering from left or right sides in the background, then crossing the bridge depending on how they attack.

The Omega version of this stage would take place on the cliff that Xander stands on during the first cutscene in Fates, so it'd be one of those Omega stages that has ledges you could wall cling on. You can see the battle between Hoshido and Nohr taking place in the background, and in the WiiU version, you see them actually moving unlike the 3DS version where they just stand still due to hardware limitations.

Cyrkensia Theatre

This stage takes place in the same theatre where Azura's dance takes place in both Birthright and Conquest. The stage consists of boats with water underneath much like in the games. One long boat serves as the main platform, with two smaller boats serving as the added platforms. In the background, you can see the theatre itself.

The stage's main gimmick comes in with Azura. She will appear on the theatre either in her normal clothes or her disguised outfit like she wore in that Conquest cutscene. Much like in their respective gamees, Azura will dance a different style depending on what clothes she's wearing: graceful and elegant in normal clothes, funky and groovy in her disguised clothes. Water will appear around her with each graceful move. Much like in the cutscenes, there comes a point where a series of ripples will appear, and they will reach the area where the characters are fighting each other. Random effects can be triggered from there, and the effects will differ based on the Hoshido dance or the Nohr dance.
  • Hoshido dance: Effects include everyone heals a certain amount of damage, everyone gains temporary super armor, or everyone becomes super light so that they become floaty.
  • Nohr dance: Effects include everyone takes a certain amount of damage, everyone gets the flower effect to stack damage over a period of time, or everyone becomes super heavy so that they have a hard time to jump.
The effects only happen once per two-minute match, usually around the middle.

The Omega Version of this stage is a simple elevated, floating platform that gives us a nice aerial view of the theatre. The platform would have the Cyrkensian style that matches with the theatre.

Music: My picks for either stage would be...

Dusk Falls (Fire)
Far Dawn (Storm)
No Justice (Fire)
Justice RIP (Storm)
A Dark Fall (Fire)
Alight (Storm)
You of the Dark
You of the Light
Thorn in You (Roar)
End of All (Below)

And that's that. I have a few other discussion topics I have on my mind, but I think I'll wait for a bit.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Now that this Peri and Charlotte discussion is over, I think I can finally start a discussion I promised a long while ago. Here goes:

Let's say we got a Fire Emblem Fates stage to tie in with Corrin's release in Smash Bros back in February. Which location from Fates would you want to see for Corrin's stage?

In addition to that, let's say the only music that is selectable on that stage are those from Fire Emblem Fates. What music would you want in that stage (not counting the two versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone we already have)?

I'll start by giving my answer. Going to enclose the stage part of it in a spoilers tag since it's a wall of text. No spoilers, don't worry.

Plains of Hoshido:

Plains of Hoshido is the name of the place where the famous "big decision" takes place. I envision this stage taking place on the bridge at the center of the map. At the start, you can't fight on the area below the bridge because of the water, but at some point, a Dragon's Vein will launch toward the stage, causing the water to evaporate. From there, you can also fight on the area beneath the bridge, creating a walk-off. The background would be filled with Nohr and Hoshido soldiers fighting each other, namely Samurais versus Lancers similar to the first cutscene featuring Ryoma vs Xander. The royal siblings also act as stage hazards. One sibling will drop by and attack fighters for a short period of time, then leave. In a two minute match, you will see two siblings within the time frame, and the order they appear is completely randomized each time. There are six siblings total that appear as hazards:
  • Ryoma: Can hop over any characters' heads like a samurai just like in the first cutscene, putting the character that was jumped in the footstool animation, and will attack anyone with sword swings. Sometime he can attack from a distance by generating electricity from the Raijinto. Very dangerous attacker just like in the games. His attacks can deal high damage and knockback.
  • Xander: Can trample fighters because he's a mounted unit, causing affected foes to be buried into the ground for a short period of time. He can also swing his sword from time to time to attack up close. He can even attack from a distance by releasing darkness from the Siegfried just like in the games. Fairly dangerous hazard overall.
  • Hinoka: Flies on her Pegasus and deals with fighters with quick attacks that deal low damage and knockback. Her Pegasus can also blow gust of winds by flapping its wings towards fighters pushing them away if affected similar to that one Zelda item that does something similar.
  • Camilla: Flies with her Wyvern and starts by attacking with her Ragnarok tome up to three times, triggering large explosions on the battlefield. She will then attack foes up close with her Axe, dealing decent damage and knockback.
  • Takumi: Fires a quick arrow from the background using the Fujin Yumi. Visually, the way how he attacks looks similar to his cutscene. The arrow has OHKO potential if it lands a hit, similar to Zelda, Sheik, and Dark Pit's Final Smashes. He attacks up to three times.
  • Leo: Attacks from the background by using Brynhildr to create a large swirling vortex of rocks coming out of the ground similar to his cutscene (since his signature tome is technically supposed to be a gravity spell). This vortex either on the left, center, or right sides of the stage, and in terms of damage and knockback, it would be similar to Entei and Ho-Oh's attack in Smash.
What about Sakura and Elise? They will also appear from time to time (individually, not together), but it's rare. When they do, they can heal fighters by using their respective staffs to heal a fighter at will. The visual effects would be based on what staff is used. They can heal up to 25% damage to a single foe.

To better describe the stage layout, imagine you are standing on one side of the battle and you are looking at the other side. That's the kind of perspective that would look like when you fight on the bridge. The side you are facing will also determine which siblings that will appear on the stage. If you see more Nohrian Lancers in the background and less Hoshidan Samurais, that means only the Nohrian siblings will appear. Similarly, if you see more Hoshidan Samurais in the background and less Nohrian Lancers, that means only the Hoshidan siblings will attack. The side on the opposite side of the bridge is randomized with each match similar to how Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia are treated on the Spear Pillar stage.

The siblings will arrive by entering from left or right sides in the background, then crossing the bridge depending on how they attack.

The Omega version of this stage would take place on the cliff that Xander stands on during the first cutscene in Fates, so it'd be one of those Omega stages that has ledges you could wall cling on. You can see the battle between Hoshido and Nohr taking place in the background, and in the WiiU version, you see them actually moving unlike the 3DS version where they just stand still due to hardware limitations.

Cyrkensia Theatre

This stage takes place in the same theatre where Azura's dance takes place in both Birthright and Conquest. The stage consists of boats with water underneath much like in the games. One long boat serves as the main platform, with two smaller boats serving as the added platforms. In the background, you can see the theatre itself.

The stage's main gimmick comes in with Azura. She will appear on the theatre either in her normal clothes or her disguised outfit like she wore in that Conquest cutscene. Much like in their respective gamees, Azura will dance a different style depending on what clothes she's wearing: graceful and elegant in normal clothes, funky and groovy in her disguised clothes. Water will appear around her with each graceful move. Much like in the cutscenes, there comes a point where a series of ripples will appear, and they will reach the area where the characters are fighting each other. Random effects can be triggered from there, and the effects will differ based on the Hoshido dance or the Nohr dance.
  • Hoshido dance: Effects include everyone heals a certain amount of damage, everyone gains temporary super armor, or everyone becomes super light so that they become floaty.
  • Nohr dance: Effects include everyone takes a certain amount of damage, everyone gets the flower effect to stack damage over a period of time, or everyone becomes super heavy so that they have a hard time to jump.

The Omega Version of this stage is a simple elevated, floating platform that gives us a nice aerial view of the theatre. The platform would have the Cyrkensian style that matches with the theatre.

Dusk Falls (Fire)
Far Dawn (Storm)
No Justice (Fire)
Justice RIP (Storm)
A Dark Fall (Fire)
Alight (Storm)
You of the Dark
You of the Light
Thorn in You (Roar)
End of All (Below)

And that's that. I have a few other discussion topics I have on my mind, but I think I'll wait for a bit.
Your Cyrkensia Theater stage concept is really cool. I think it's a very iconic scene from Fates that would make for a very unique stage. As for what location for a stage I would choose....

the Abandoned Fort from Chapter Three. The Fort itself would stand on a large rocky pillar making up the middle of the stage, connected by a rickety old wooden bridge with several holes in it to another smaller pillar to the right with some rubble strewn about. A third rocky pillar would be off to the left at a slightly lower elevation, without any path connecting it, all with the Bottomless Canyon always right below the players.

The fortresses gates will be opened for players to enter, or most characters can also jump over the walls into the fort. Once a player enters the fortress, the wall facing the screen will disappear, allowing players to see inside. On the far left platform, after a few minutes, a Dragon Vein will appear, which once activated will create a rocky bridge connecting the left platform with the center platform for a short period of time before crumbling away, returning to the stages original state. Also, on the far right platform, Hans can appear, and will attempt to cut the ropes of the bridge, sending any players on it falling to their dooms. However, Hans can be attacked and defeated before he destroys the bridge, but you have to be very quick. Like before, the bridge will eventually repair itself, returning to normal.

The omega version would be a large, single platform in the center, with the fortress itself only in the background. Wall jumping is possible on the sides of any of the rocky pillars on either variation.

As for music -
Contest of Pride (Blast)

That's all I need, but for a little more variety...

Path of the Hero-King
Perplexing Dreams
Alight (Storm)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Plains of Hoshido:

Cyrkensia Theatre

Dusk Falls (Fire)
Far Dawn (Storm)
No Justice (Fire)
Justice RIP (Storm)
A Dark Fall (Fire)
Alight (Storm)
You of the Dark
You of the Light
Thorn in You (Roar)
End of All (Below)

Pretty cool idea

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still wish we should've gotten a stage from Fire Emblem Fates along with Corrin when he was announced.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
If, and I do mean if, there is another Smash title released, a few years down the road, there should be a Fates based stage, and I kind of like the suggestions made earlier, though this idea intrigues me a lot more, as preposterous as it is: Dissidia: Final Fantasy vs Fire Emblem. Yes, I know it's asinine and will never happen, I know, but still, it would be an intriguing concept.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Matthew Mercer and Rena Strober did an amazing job with this. Fates's soundtrack never ceases to amaze.

Nah

Smash Champion
So I downloaded Birthright today (I need a break from Lunatic Awakening) and am about to start that. Should I start from the very beginning or just hop right to it via the "Branch of Fate" option on the main menu?

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Branch of Fate skips the introductory chapters and let's you pick immediately assuming you have more than one path. However, the difficulty is set to that of your last play through and you cannot raise it. Plus, you can get through the first chapters pretty quickly.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I wonder if there have been any fanarts featuring Popplio and Kagero together. I've already seen one with Kaze + Rowlet and Saizo + Litten. The only one missing of the ninja trio is Kagero with Popplio. Maybe the drawing could have Kagero painting a picture of Popplio doing one of its circus-like tricks (both painting and acrobatics have some sort of degree art).

This Popplio art with Azura looks pretty cute though!

So I downloaded Birthright today (I need a break from Lunatic Awakening) and am about to start that. Should I start from the very beginning or just hop right to it via the "Branch of Fate" option on the main menu?
The question has largely been answered already, so adding to it, it depends on what difficulty you played Conquest on. Personally, I'd recommend playing Birthright on Lunatic/Classic if you really want to challenge yourself since it's supposed to be the easiest of the three routes, so if you played Conquest on Hard/Classic, you'll have to skip Branch of Fates and just start from the very beginning if you want to play the game on Lunatic.

The only chapter that is particularly hard among the first five chapters before the split is Chapter 5. Other than that, the first four chapters shouldn't be too difficult regardless of the difficulty.

Of course, if you played Conquest on Lunatic/Classic, then it's safe to start the game from Branch of Fates.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I finaly beat conquest Hard Classic
Sadly i didnt get all the children because you know... i dont have patience to grind support is castles
My endgame team was
Me (nohr noble) Effie!Percy (wyvern lord) Ophelia!FKana (Nohr noble) Elise!Ophelia (witch) Xander (paladin) Camilla (Wyvern lord) Leo (Dark Knight) Mozu /MVP/ (Dread fighter) Mozu!Sophie (Paladin) Nyx!Forrest (strategist) Selena!Velouria(wolfssegner) Peri!Siegbert (Great Knight) Camilla!Midori (Mechanist)Benny/i had a extra space/ (General) Azura (songstress) Elise (Strategist)

Personaly the endgame chapters was easier than the others after 20 (or maybe I realy became a better tactician?)

Top Bottom