• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here is a question to you guys: If you could have any of the children from Fates or Awakening, who would it be? I would have Kana (Female) and Morgan (Male)
From Fates, definitely Selkie because she's just so adorable with her playful demeanor. Even her name sounds cute.
From Awakening, I'd say either Cynthia or Noire.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Hey guys I've been interested in color mods for Corrin (Maybe I can get those fan art pallet colors of the smash characters from that picture a while back) and I want to learn how to do it for the 3DS. Does anybody have a guide for that?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention that I beat Chapters 19 and 20 of Revelation a few days ago.

Chapter 19 is a return to the same map from Conquest Chapter 15, and I absolutely loved the map gimmick there where you create duplicates of your units so that they can proceed through the bottom area to receive some extra goodies. The enemy reinforcements were annoying, but I managed to take out almost all of the bottom area enemies minus the last Swordmaster with the Practice Katana and the one Hero at the bottom right (could be wrong about that unit though) with the Killer Axe. Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura, and Xander almost solo'd this map for me.

We also saved this one Valla kid named Anthony. He apparently used to serve Anankos, but he is trying to flee. He does agree to take us to Gyges, Valla's royal castle where Anankos resides. Everyone is suspicious of him though, and they become more suspicious when he takes over some bridges; one of which Takumi almost falls off of to which Leo saves the day (Glad I managed to have the two achieve an A support before this to make this even more fun than it already was).

Chapter 20 was surprisingly easier for a late game chapter. The only hard part was dealing with all of the flying units at the very start, but I managed to make things a bit easier by closing off the Great Master and Onmyoji area so that I only had to worry about the sudden rush of Kinshi Knights and Malig Knights. Once they were taken, the chapter was pretty easy to proceed through, especially since they were kind enough not to send in more reinforcements for once.

Everyone still remains suspicious of Anthony, and we start nearing Castle Gyges. I think this is a good spot to take a break. I ended up grinding up all my units after this chapter now that I finally access to infinite master seals.

In terms of child paralogues, I beat Kana's, Shigure's, and Dwyers.

Kana's was pretty annoying this time because I forgot to take out the Shrine Maiden around the top, and before long as I tried to clear out the remaining enemies, it wasn't long before the paralogue decided to torture with more reinforcements almost every turn. Luckily, I pulled through thanks to Ryoma in the end.

Shigure's was not as bad as Kana's; there were reinforcements, but they didn't get too relentless.

As for Dwyer's Paralogue...

Definitely one of the easiest paralogues. I know you could've taken out the boss right away by using someone with Locktouch and then use a high mobility unit to reach and kill the Onmyoji boss, but I decided to play out the whole chapter for EXP. Rinkah, Benny, Takumi, and Effie managed to take out the Master Ninjas right away thanks to their distance weapons. The Allied Generals managed to hold out fairly well and take out the Swordmasters. I had Jakob reach Dwyer to talk with him so that I could recruit him instantly, I upgraded Dwyer into Butler and had his mother, Kagero, give him an Iron Shuriken. He ended up doing pretty well as that, even managing to kill the boss once I weakened it enough. The rest of the enemy units were very easy to handle.

I'm already starting to like Dwyer now that I'm finally experiencing him first hand. First line Dwyer says to his father is pretty funny.

"Finest whatever" lol XD

He has a shady look, but he's apparently laid back, is a far better butler than Jakob is, and is better at making coffee as well. If the Fire Emblem Fates characters lived in a modern day college setting, I can definitely see Dwyer opening up a successful and extremely popular coffee shop around campus. I even like how my Revelation Dwyer has coffee colored hair XD.

I'm going to be working on more child paralogues these next few days. Probably going to try Ignatius's next even though I already know his paralogue is absolutely brutal, but I figured the sooner I get it done, the better.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Hey guys found BIG (possibly) news of Fates: Roy and Sigurd!
Credit to @MasonEliwood for the video:
What do you guys think of this?
Edit: Looks like someone at the robin boards beat me at it lol

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey guys found BIG (possibly) news of Fates: Roy and Sigurd!
Credit to @MasonEliwood for the video:
What do you guys think of this?
Edit: Looks like someone at the robin boards beat me at it lol
I kinda pointed this out too a little while back. But please, please, let this be true. Even if its just Roy, i'd be fine (because quite honestly, i don't care much for Sigurd). Roy's among my top 5 favorite Lords and since his Amiibo does nothing outside of Smash, having him in Fates would be great.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
He is? I'm surprised to hear that, Jakob's made out to have borderline insane butlering skills
They pretty much establish that through their interactions with each other. Jakob treats his son rather harshly because he is jealous of his skills.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Fates is eating all my free time, send help pls!

Anyway, at the moment I'm at chapter 22 of Birthight, the 21 was boring as hell, and I had to restart it 3 times because I didn't notice that the statue had a sphere on the hand over the dragon vein you should activate :ohwell:
I also got a serious taste of the Fates RNG, since I get hit by a 4% hit...

I also managed to kill a certain boss on chapter 11, it was a long battle and I had to restart the chapter once because he critted me, but it was worth it (?).

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I've done my exams for this year, so hopefully I can get through Fates now. Having just completed Chapter 12 Nohr, I am really liking a lot of the map-by-map gimmicks they have. Two other things:

1)
WVW69jPONX0s4Qkn_V.jpg

2) Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves the design of the mercenary outfits in this game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
2) Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves the design of the mercenary outfits in this game.

You're not alone. I love the new mercenary designs as well. In fact, I think Laslow and Selena's Fates designs are far better than those in Awakening.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're not alone. I love the new mercenary designs as well. In fact, I think Laslow and Selena's Fates designs are far better than those in Awakening.
Especially Selena

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i went to Megacon today. I had 70 dollars with me and here's what i was able to buy
I was able to get a good deal for this Roy Amiibo. 25 bucks for a rare Amiibo isn't too bad.
I was able to get this nice Fairy Tail T-shirt. Its a little wrinkled but that's because i put it on after i bought it.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Especially Selena
Too bad selena is one of the most unlikable characters in the game imo. She takes the Tsundere to extremes. Almost no genuine Dere. all Tsun. Basically shes just a huge biznatch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Too bad selena is one of the most unlikable characters in the game imo. She takes the Tsundere to extremes. Almost no genuine Dere. all Tsun. Basically shes just a huge biznatch.
...I liked her the most out of all the characters besides Percy and Soieli

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not a massive fan of Selena. I don't like her personality at all...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I do like Selena myself better than her younger self in Awakening, mainly due to her being less brash than she was.

D

Deleted member

If it's not too much trouble, would anyone mind coming to visit my My Castle? I'm currently trying to grind up the BP and VP for the rewards (mainly to get that darn Shining Bow for Sakura on Birthright, ha ha), so it would be super appreciated if I got some visits. :)

It's currently set up to be an easy seize (all units on hold, no puppets or Lilith), so there shouldn't be a need to fight anything. The resources are also right in front of the entrance, so there's no need to go to different corners of the map for 'em.

Oh, and for those who are interested in skills; thanks to all of the My Castle visiting I've been doing lately, I've been able to accumulate some pretty good hard-to-get skills (Armored Blow on Hinoka, Replicate on Takumi, a bunch of units with Rend Heaven, etc.), so feel free to come grab some skills if you like. Some of the units that I don't currently have on the map also have some good skills, so if anyone wants, I can post a list of what noteworthy skills I have on some of my benched units.

Here's the My Castle code for anyone interested: 00751-33771-53713-84366

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to The Skyward Awards, in which I recap some of my thoughts on the game so far. Let's begin!

MOST UNEXPECTEDLY LIKEABLE CHARACTER
67337.png

"She's Donnel but a girl and with a dead family" isn't the best first impression of a character I can have, but I honestly found Mozu really fun. I like how she goes from having low confidence in her recruitment but then goes on to try and overcome that in her supports. The fact that she is also the recipient of the MOST ADORABLE award helps out too.

THE 'WHAT ARE YOU EVEN WEARING?' AWARD

The Dark Mages.

Sorry Kotor Kotor

MOST UNFORTUNATE CHILD / HAIR COLOUR COMBINATION

Red-haired Ophelia actually looks good
I'm sorry again Kotor, but even you must acknowledge that this is true:

BEST PERFORMANCE

Gideon Emery as Keaton, who nails the character's childishness, suaveness and even savagery all at once.

and finally...
BIGGEST EGO (in regards to sex)

I'm sorry Niles, but how bad are you that you fail to be through with me every single time?

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
My birthday is coming in 3 weeks!!! I'm getting Birthright, Conquest and Revelation! With a New 3DS! I'm so EXCITED!!!!!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I downloaded the Heirs of Fates maps 1-4 yesterday and let me tell you, these maps might as well be next to impossible. The children units just can't kill. At most, they are one point short from killing the enemy. And when they do have enough power, they miss. I'm currently on Heirs of Fate 2 and Kana starts off in the worst possible location. There are 3 samurai with Wyrmslayers, two of them are paired up. Oh and did i mention that one of the bosses, Shiro, is basically mini-Ryoma and he can kill you without trying? And after turn 7, he starts chasing you? If this continues, i'm seriously creating a copy of my current save file and switching it to Phoenix Mode just so i can actually beat these maps.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Kana is a Feral Dragon, and as such, he can't pair-up/attack stance. And he doesn't get the boosts that Feral Dragon Avatar/Kana get in Ch.5/Paralouge 2. These maps are stupidly hard.

Edit 2: That's it. I'm done with this BS. Switching to Phoenix Mode.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Oh and did i mention that one of the bosses, Shiro, is basically mini-Ryoma and he can kill you without trying?
Like father like son lol. Does he use his weapon too and if he does is there a skill that can make him use it or is it like Conquest Iago with staves and tomes?
If this continues, i'm seriously creating a copy of my current save file and switching it to Phoenix Mode just so i can actually beat these maps.
No wonder they give you stupidly good skills, its next to impossible to keep all of them alive to get it

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Like father like son lol. Does he use his weapon too and if he does is there a skill that can make him use it or is it like Conquest Iago with staves and tomes?
Yeah, he uses the Rajinto. On Hard Mode, he can easily double/crit you.

No wonder they give you stupidly good skills, its next to impossible to keep all of them alive to get it
That shouldn't really be a reason. The Witch class is one of the best in the game, along with the stupidly good Warp, yet you don't see Witch's Trial being next to impossible.

Edit: Now that HoF 2 has been beaten, i will attempt HoF 3 on my original difficulty of Hard/Classic.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Wait, does Heirs of Fate require you to use your own units? I thought the DLC story chapters used alternate versions of your main army, so it wouldn't matter if they died?

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Wait, does Heirs of Fate require you to use your own units? I thought the DLC story chapters used alternate versions of your main army, so it wouldn't matter if they died?
You are right they are alternate versions, however to get the reward of the chapter (Taker skills and the infamous point blank skill)
ALL of them have to be alive to get the reward.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Heirs of Fates 3 is actually surprisingly easy. Just pair up Asugi with Shiro and have Shiro Rajinto his way to victory. Heirs of Fate 4 is basically Conquest Ch.23 except you have to rout the enemy. Its actually surprisingly a bit easier than the actual Conquest Ch.23.

Edit: No, i take it back about what i said about Heirs of Fate 4. Selkie's a *****. I spend 38 turns clearing out the enemy. Selkie is the only unit left on the upper-right side of the wall. All my units thought i would be a good idea to miss. And because of that, she killed Forrest. Because of this, Selkie is now one of my least favorite units.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I have been summoned.

I wonder what this is all about considering both the Robin and Corrin socials have been quiet.

Welcome to The Skyward Awards, in which I recap some of my thoughts on the game so far. Let's begin!

THE 'WHAT ARE YOU EVEN WEARING?' AWARD

The Dark Mages.

Sorry Kotor Kotor

MOST UNFORTUNATE CHILD / HAIR COLOUR COMBINATION

I'm sorry again Kotor, but even you must acknowledge that this is true:

I prefer blonde Ophelia.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I wonder what this is all about considering both the Robin and Corrin socials have been quiet.
I guess is because nothing really interesting has happened in a while. I'm sure this board will be alive again once E3 happens (even if E3 is mostly just Zelda). Maybe when we get more info on Fire Emblem Mobile?

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I think it is just because there is no new news around, or will be for a while. I personally want to see a bit more representation of Fire Emblem Cipher, but sadly that doesn't seem to be coming to the west.

Quick question for anyone: I am doing Conquest Chapter 16, Invasion, and am not sure how to go about it. Advice?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I personally want to see a bit more representation of Fire Emblem Cipher, but sadly that doesn't seem to be coming to the west.
Its weird too, because if you go in the Dragon's Gate to purchase DLC, you have two options: Purchase Content and Enter Download Code. The "Enter Download Code" is for when you have specific Cipher cards such as Minerva that allow you to recruit the character in-game. If i had to guess, i'm guessing Nintendo wanted to release the Cipher cards at some point but something happened, IDK.

Quick question for anyone: I am doing Conquest Chapter 16, Invasion, and am not sure how to go about it. Advice?
This one is tricky, because any one of the green units could actually be the boss. For me, it was the one at the far right. It might be random though. You might get lucky and find the boss on your first try.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
I think it is just because there is no new news around, or will be for a while. I personally want to see a bit more representation of Fire Emblem Cipher, but sadly that doesn't seem to be coming to the west.

So this map is kinda interesting because it has a cool "timed" aspect in that you get some gold that gets stolen away as the turns pass. whatever is left at the end you get to keep. There are a ton of enemies on this map, as well as 4 allied soldiers. Shura is the boss but he doesn't appear right away
To make shura appear you need to talk to all the soldiers. He ends up being one of them in disguise
All you need to do is find shura quickly and defeat him. Once defeated you can choose to have him join the squad or you can kill him for the boots. Th best strategy would be to use basically any high movement mounted unit (not a flier since they are weak to the bows) to get to the soldiers right away and find shura. After that he isn't too tough to beat if you pair the mounts with a very defensive unit so as not to be scared of his killer bow. If you have a very high level unpromoted unit or a very low level promoted unit (Level 2 or below) than you can pit it against him to avoid the Underdog skill he has.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
After that he isn't too tough to beat if you pair the mounts with a very defensive unit so as not to be scared of his killer bow. If you have a very high level unpromoted unit or a very low level promoted unit (Level 2 or below) than you can pit it against him to avoid the Underdog skill he has.
From what I remember Shura only uses a mini bow with only one range at least in Hard mode I think.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
From what I remember Shura only uses a mini bow with only one range at least in Hard mode I think.
I just beat it last night on normal and he had a killer bow then. The thing is that he doesn't move. So if you stick close to him he will never use the killer bow.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I completed Ignatius, Mitama, and Midori's paralogues these past few days in my Revelation playthrough.

On Hard difficulty, Ignatius's Paralogue wasn't as nightmarish as I thought it would be. Well, at least for reaching Ignatius. In the first two attempts, I lost Niles and Rinkah respectively because I foolisly put them in range where they would get swarmed by the Berserkers and the Paladins/Great Knights on the far left. In my successful attempt, I moved all my units to the far right and managed to have Ryoma reach the Maid and kill so that she wouldn't hinder my progress with Freeze. From there, the situation was tense. I almost lost Ryoma, but a few lucky moments here and there allowed him to survive the sudden rush of enemies (one of the Master Ninjas normally headed for Ignatius ended up moving towards Ryoma instead). Following that, it was relatively easy to have my other units finish most of the enemy units while Benny made it to Ignatius just fine (Ignatius barely got affected either).

All I have to say is that good lord, Rinkah!Ignatius can be pretty scary. He gets a pretty good Defense boost, and while Rinkah doesn't pass down any Strength mods, she can pass down Death Blow if she's an Oni Chieftain, turning Ignatius into a solid crit machine if given a Killer Lance.

Doing Mitama's paralogue for the second time, I learned for the first time that the enemy units can actually destroy the house she's in and thus I had to restart. Second time through, I made use of the Dragon's Vein tiles this time so that I could quickly reach her house. From there... let's just say this chapter felt like Conquest Chapter 10 all over again, mainly that most of my units were around the center of the map and they had to deal with the rush of Sorcerers, Adventurers, Oni Chieftains, and Master Ninjas headed to the middle. I also didn't know about the "have Azama visit Mitama's house three times so that she joins you during battle" gimmick when I tried it in Birthright, but this time, I did the required gimmick to obtain Mitama during battle (don't worry, I did that once the onslaught of enemies was taken care of). Once the center onslaught was over, it was pretty easy from there to take out the Berserkers that were standing over the bridges.

Midori's paralogue was same old, same old. Apparently, Candice will start attacking your units around Turns 7-8. I honestly thought she wouldn't attack once since she's more about escaping here, but I guess I was wrong. I originally planned to challenge myself and talk out the final batch of enemies on the top right, but Candice went for Niles before I could finish off the Generals. She can also fall back (I originally thought she would just continue along the whole path until she reached the top right, but in my Revelation playthrough, she was at the bottom right as I dealt with the Berserkers, but then retreated to the left). Ah well, Niles took her out very easily. He even got a crit on the second hit, complete with the quote, "Oh, yes~...!"

Well, that's 6 child paralogues down. Only 15 left to go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I beat Conquest last night, it was great! Also, from what few of the kid units I used, they're actually pretty neat! Nina with Draconic Hex is pretty damn neat, and Percy getting Camilla's skills isn't bad either. I don't think I need to explain what's so good about Siegbert with Sol and Luna

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Remember that Fire Emblem Fates poster image I posted a while back?
Well, here it is again now hanged up on my wall with a frame around it.

Top Bottom